Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    I am pointing out that you are acting no differently. That by the rules as you have stated them, then this behavior is totally fine.
    No, you're arguing against strawmen.

"Say whatever you want, so I can dig through it and find what I don't like and make a stink about it until your life is ruined!"

Which is what I continue to tell you is happening and you continue to play dumb.
    Welcome to public life. Actions in public have consequences. This has been the case since free speech was a thing, and will continue to be a thing moving forward.

Don't like it? Move somewhere where there's no free speech, and subsequently no consequences.

Unless of course what you are asserting their speech to say isn't what they are actually saying!

Or have you forgotten how many of the Ring Wing rallies have been called fucking Nazi/White Supremacist rallies in the last year? When they were anything but.
    Cool, and people calling them that doesn't make them that. Hence why you didn't see people getting fired like they are for this rally. Glad you understand there's a difference between the strawmen you argue against and reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No, you're arguing against strawmen.

Welcome to public life. Actions in public have consequences. This has been the case since free speech was a thing, and will continue to be a thing moving forward.

Don't like it? Move somewhere where there's no free speech, and subsequently no consequences.

Cool, and people calling them that doesn't make them that. Hence why you didn't see people getting fired like they are for this rally. Glad you understand there's a difference between the strawmen you argue against and reality.
    Except there is no strawman. And yes, you do see people getting fired for stupid shit as it gets conflated. Just as you have people in this very thread arguing that everyone there wants to literally genocide all minorities.

I am starting to think that you are doing nothing but trolling at this point. Which is a shitty look for a mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Neither Antifa nor BLM were there in any appreciable numbers, no.
    I would be interested in seeing numbers on this, should they exist. Similarly, I am curious of how many Nazis and KKK members were present.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    See Black and white think mean you have no concept of nuance of thinking in grey terms for example. Like everyone is to blame. There are no winners. There are no excuses, for anyone. Everyone is a loser, have you ever tried thinking in that sort of way?
    So it is now everyone's fault. It was that lady fault for getting herself killed? It was everyone who got mowed down by that loser fault for not agreeing with his views? They had it coming?

No.

It was one side fault for inciting such violence. And one idiot loser Neo-Nazi fault for raging and plowing down people.

The whole place was full of violence. But one side walked away with a dead body on their hands.

We are not talking about what BLM, Antifa, Left did some odd months ago.

We are talking about what happen in Charlottesville, Va. a few days ago.

So are we at the #notallwhitenazis part of this event given all the evidence that has come out about the murderer?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    I would be interested in seeing numbers on this, should they exist. Similarly, I am curious of how many Nazis and KKK members were present.
    How about accounts from those of us there....?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    What would you say the white supremacist had to gain from the attack?
    In reality or in their diseased and perverted mindset?

In reality, nothing. In their sick little heads, some sort of affirmation of their inherent rightness.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    They can do both at the same time.
    Because they are victims, they were forced to commit an act of terror. The evil liberulz made them do it! /s
    Just like how when BLM riots and it is the fault of being oppressed by white supremacy?

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    So are we at the #notallwhitenazis part of this event given all the evidence that has come out about the murderer?
    Not all white people are Nazi. Not all people on the right are Nazi. But if one come here and defend or make lame excuses for a Neo-Nazi running over people and killing one woman, one becomes a Nazi apologist. Leave out the "and", "but", what about" part and discuss what happen a few days ago in Charlottesville, Va.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    See Black and white think mean you have no concept of nuance of thinking in grey terms for example. Like everyone is to blame. There are no winners. There are no excuses, for anyone. Everyone is a loser, have you ever tried thinking in that sort of way?
    No, because it is plain wrong. These shitstains went there looking for trouble and brought weapons and shields. They threw cups of piss and threatened to gas the locals who has non-whites in their shops. One committed an act of murder and terrorism.

They are to blame for their actions. It is THAT simple.

Just like how when BLM riots and it is the fault of being oppressed by white supremacy?
    We're not talking about that. We are talking about what happen a few days ago. No one has denied the BLM riots. We have news articles about that. But stop with the "what about" and "but" argument. We are talking about what happened in Charlottesville, Va. a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Well, it was amusing to me how fast the group that the driver was photographed with earlier in the day (Vanguard America), carrying a shield emblazoned with their logo, rushed to state that he wasn't a member.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Well, it was amusing to me how fast the group that the driver was photographed with earlier in the day, carrying a shield emblazoned with their logo, rushed to state that he wasn't a member.
    To be fair, there were white nationalists coming in by the bus load, work vans rolling in, etc and were handing out shields, vests, etc to people who didn't bring them. Not saying he was or wasn't a member, but making a point that they went to be pretty ridiculous lengths to get as many people armed for conflict as possible.

edit: Basically, it's hard to tell who was involved with each individual group since like 5 different groups showed up and they were handing out equipment to anyone who wanted it.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2017-08-14 at 07:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Well, it was amusing to me how fast the group that the driver was photographed with earlier in the day, carrying a shield emblazoned with their logo, rushed to state that he wasn't a member.
    Oh really!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Not really. Granted Antifa are butt holes, but they're still not Nazis.

Are we really going to show anger towards a group for beating up Nazis and the KKK?
    It wasn't Nazis/KKK Antifa were beating in the streets of Berkeley.

And in case you're unaware of the Antifa endgame, "Liberals get the bullet too."

Quote Originally Posted by Birujinia View Post
    We're not talking about that. We are talking about what happen a few days ago. No one has denied the BLM riots. We have news articles about that. But stop with the "what about" and "but" argument. We are talking about what happened in Charlottesville, Va. a few days ago.
    You seem to have missed my point. Let me try to restate slower so you can catch on.

Your logic is bad.

If this group is not a victim because of x. Then that other group was not a victim because of x.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Say whatever you want, so I can dig through it and find what I don't like and make a stink about it until your life is ruined!"

Which is what I continue to tell you is happening and you continue to play dumb.
    You keep complaining that this is somehow "wrong". When this is exactly what free speech exists to protect. What you're advocating for is not freedom of speech. It's an authoritarian regime where everyone else is forcibly silenced to protect you.

If you've made public statements, you have opened yourself to and invited public scrutiny. That's the "dig through it and find what I don't like" bit. If you don't want that, do not make public statements. Keep your thoughts private. You don't get to complain that public statements are listened to by the public.

And "making a stink about it" is literally them expressing their own freedom of speech. That's all it is. Which is where you attack the principle, while falsely claiming you're defending it.

As for the "your life is ruined" bit; the only person responsible for ruining your life, in this circumstance, is you, for making the execrable statements in the first place. If I were to say "I like kittens", telling my employer "Endus likes kittens" isn't going to get you any reaction but confusion. It certainly won't ruin my life. Because my statement was benign. If your statement wasn't, and people are shocked and horrified at your views, that is entirely your fault, and your option to avoid that was to keep your mouth shut about it, not try and restrict everyone else's rights to speak out in response to your own public statements.

160 pages and people are still in full whataboutism swing, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Is this your new "but her e-mails"?
    Pathetic.

This thread is about the terrorist attack by a Nazi during a Nazi rally in Charlottesville.
    If you keep derailing I will just report you.
    I wish you some self awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    No, because it is plain wrong. These shitstains went there looking for trouble and brought weapons and shields. They threw cups of piss and threatened to gas the locals who has non-whites in their shops. One committed an act of murder and terrorism.

They are to blame for their actions. It is THAT simple.
    I wonder if you'd be willing to condemn ANTIFA who have done exactly the same thing at past riots.

Brought protective gear that protected their faces and bodies

Brought Blunt objects used to attack others.

Threw water ballons filled with piss, bleach and other vile liquids

Threaten and beat journalists who record their actions.

You want to know why the Alt-right and other extremists are bringing this level of weaponry and protective gear? Because they have been attacked in the past for expressing political views, or attending rallies, all while the cops backed down and let it happen.

When the state fails to prosecute violent criminals that commit acts of violence against others, it's no shock that the aggrieved are starting to fight back.

I condemn violence on both sides, I only advocate using violence to protect others or yourself. The left started this fire a long time ago and now want to cry when they see people start to fight back strongly.

The guy in the car, he deserves to go to jail for a long time, but lets not whitewash everything that has been going on for the last year that is antagonizing people to this new level of insanity.

I'll leave this.....I saw the full video of the car hitting those people. I saw the guy who hit the car with a bat before he committed his disgusting deed, and I saw the leftists that came out of no where 5 seconds after he hit the people, armed with bats and helmets, and began beating the vehicle.

If the counter proteestors were so peaceful, why wee they dressed for battle, just as the far right?