Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Do you realy believe if a White walker gets attacked head on by dragonfire it will just stand there being cool and all?
    Yeah, I doubt so too. The Night's King can just stroll past the residual fire left by Drogon's breath, but a White Walker hit in the face by a full blast will not fare so well. The Night's King himself might be more resistant, however.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ive been reading this Brann is the NK for a year now, Before it was that other dude that people though was the NK where does it end lol
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Ive been reading this Brann is the NK for a year now, Before it was that other dude that people though was the NK where does it end lol
    Brann being the NK would be the dumbest plot twist in the history of television.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    My favourite part of the trip is that on every shot of walking there were like 8 of them, 1 "npc" walking alongside them. It seemed that it was the same guy in every battle who died in one way or another and then respawned, only to be killed again.
    Re-watch the first 2 minutes, you clearly see at-least 11-12 people walking around, with 7 of em being 'named' ; Jon, Brotherhood Duo, Gendry, Hound, Old Man, Briennelover.
    So they had a couple bodies to throw.
    In the speaking scenes during the travel there are several wildlings in the back dragging a sled.

Deleted
    damn another episode leaked? LMAO

great one, finally Dany sees the truth and oh boy John and Dany are gonna bang

Fairly certain Brann is not the NK. The reason NK has all these powers and abilities is because he's supposed to be the big bad evil. Since he is the big bad evil we (apparently) don't need an explanation for it (Although the books may do it differently. Or, alternatively at least explain why!). NK didn't plan for dragons to come so he could slay them. Sam not being killed by the WW early on was plot armor. Wights only attacking once Hound threw stone is temporary plot armor. Dragons arriving at the last minute to save all of them is for epic-effect. Don't give the writers more credit than they're due

I'd be surprised as well if there's been a grand elaborate trap set for seasons by the NK. After all, him letting Sam escape is the only reason the human beings know there's a weapon to kill them with. They'd be relying on the few and far between Valyrian swords they have in the kingdom, and that would be something they'd have to learn on accident.

Personally, I thought Brann being touched by the NK last episode would have been enough to break the wards on the wall, but I guess it was a one-time only pass into the cave of the 3ER.

15+ Year Old Account
    They should mass produce the dragon glass now tho i mean realy mass produce get all the blacksmiths to dragonstone asap. Also wonder how long it would take for the army to reach winterfell from the wall seeing how slow they walked beyond the wall, Bran is marked so the NK knows where he is.

Also with Viserion being dead and all will he stop growing?
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2017-08-16 at 10:51 PM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Also with Viserion being dead and all will he stop growing?
    Think Dany mentioned somewhere she has 3 full grown dragons, implying that this is basically it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    You're telling me it only took a day for a raven to fly across half the kingdom, Daenerys to get onto her dragons and fly all the way back and then finally find them? lol.
    Yeah, I got the same impression. I think it was mostly due to bad editing though, showing Jon up North before showing Dany leaving to meet him.

It's the kind of thing that makes you think about production mistakes and not the show.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    So nitpicking it is, coz realy i cant see that the situation they where in didnt make sense.
    Why didn't they take garrons, ravens, or literally any supplies with them?
    Why weren't they all using the dragonglass weapons manufactured for Jon on Dragonstone?
    If the wights can drag chains into the frozen lake, tie them to a dead dragon, and haul it out, why did they wait for the lake to freeze?
    If they were trying to lure the dragons into an ambush, why did they start attacking as soon as the Hound showed that it was frozen instead of waiting for the dragons to show up?
    If the Hound could so easily break the ice with his hammer, why didn't they just break it all again?
    How do things fly so far in such short a time?
    Why did Dany arrive at the last possible moment, not early or late?

Is it because that's how it was written? Yup.

I could go on. If you want to overlook lazy writing, go ahead. But you don't get to act like it doesn't exist, or justify it because of things like episode counts or runtime. They have a whole writer's room, months of lead time, and the largest budget in television history. It costs them next to nothing to get the script right before production starts.

I'm not going to excuse poor writing just because every other element of the show is superior. The merits of the series don't erase it's flaws.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2017-08-16 at 11:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also wonder how long it would take for the army to reach winterfell from the wall seeing how slow they walked beyond the wall, Bran is marked so the NK knows where he is.
    Given this season's history with time jumps and the next being the last, how long do you reckon it'll take em?

Deleted
    Seriously? what a load of shite that was.

Sadly the leaked scripts were pretty much on the money.

Its just turning into another pile of shite series where the author kept it going too long, and could not work out how to end.....kill the fucking queen cliche...really? Deus ex up the backside.....

Dont even get me started on the fast travel....we have ravens and dragons flying faster than fighter jets now.....and people miraculously swimming in metal armour 2 episodes in a row....not getting hypothermia, and oh look, plot armour JS gets saved by a miraculous turn up of Benjen....amazing timing.

This is really shite writing, it may not be exactly as GRRM does, show=/=book and all that, but really? this is the direction he is going?

Also, was JS not in dragon stone to get obsidian to kill WW? when he decided to go north of the wall to take a WW? would they not have taken a short time to get some obsidian weapons? perhaps?

And ok, its a trap, I'll buy that, its "lets hope our enemies do exactly what convoluted shit we want cliche" but whatever....why attack? did they magically know exactly when the dragon was showing up? What happens if they kill them all then DT shows up...sees them all dead, and just fucks off?

Also, borrowing a bit heavily from WotLK aren't we? I personally think Arthas did the whole, raising dead dragon thing much better.
    Last edited by mmoc37d54b0df8; 2017-08-16 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Why did Dany arrive at the last possible moment, not early or late?
    I mean I agree with your points and all, but you can't attribute that one to poor writing. It's a filmmaking/writing staple.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Think Dany mentioned somewhere she has 3 full grown dragons, implying that this is basically it.
    Isnt it so that Dragons keep growing their entire life? considering Balerion grew after aegons conquest and lived for another 100+ years and he was bigget by that time its save to say Drogon and Rhaegal both will grow a lot more still seeing as they are 6-7 and Balerion was 100 yeas old at the time of aegon conquest.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2017-08-16 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    The night king planned the whole thing ever since the fist of the fist men, if not earlyer, everything that happens was apart of his plan to get a dragon.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comm...srk/?context=3
    Was this stuff posted any where other than what appears to be your fanfic that you keep repeating like its gospel?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    24-36 hours. You didn't notice it turning to night and then day again?
    no fire, no supplies, no way to keep warm (no furs do NOT cut it), at temps like that? for that long?

They all dead from exposure..as for JS in teh fucking lake? Seriously?

I know people say you have to accept some shit..but no, GOT was good because it kept things realistic as much as possible within the context of its setting, it took time to travel places, things had consequences and implications.....now its just generic cliched shite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuuuuuuck I knew the dragon bit was coming but man actually seeing it that was so brutal. The slow fall from the sky, the quiet after the crash, the look on Dany's face, Jon. Very powerful shit.

But the whole Arya/Sansa thing is just getting tiresome. I have my theories to why she's giving Sansa the dagger and I know how that bit ends but still is all the unnecessary tension and Arya acting like a cunt necessary?

15+ Year Old Account
    I knew this would come but i cant stop laughing lol.

Quote Originally Posted by takeshiIsu View Post
    no fire, no supplies, no way to keep warm (no furs do NOT cut it), at temps like that? for that long?

They all dead from exposure..as for JS in teh fucking lake? Seriously?

I know people say you have to accept some shit..but no, GOT was good because it kept things realistic as much as possible within the context of its setting, it took time to travel places, things had consequences and implications.....now its just generic cliched shite.
    They had fire...they had a human sized portable heater