10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Correct - as long as they are named Elder Scrolls or Final Fantasy.
    They are two of the only even moderately successful mmos on console..at least non f2p cash grabs. See sto and NW for hyper monetized games..dcuo I think does ok

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Did I miss something? I just looked at his account real quick (don't have a Twitter so I can't see all his replies) and I don't see anything. Most are old as shit tweets.

China is a far, far larger market than consoles in the West. If you can manage to crack China, you've hit it pretty big. We can argue over budget/timelines for ports to consoles (including or excluding translations for European countries etc.) vs. a Chinese release, but either way it doesn't seem like NCsoft was terribly interested in finishing whatever new platforms/regions that game may have been released on given its current numbers at the time. In that they went straight into the gutter and despite a few years of strong support never really emerged.

This isn't true at all. DCUO is a good example of a "quiet" success. SOE/DBG was pretty clear that the large majority of their revenue comes from PS3/4 rather than PC, and during the massive layoffs when they became DBG the only team to almost completely escape pretty major cuts was the DCUO team.

Couple onto that Cryptic is apparently doing pretty well with STO/Neverwinter, we're still seeing plenty of interest from publishers in porting to console (Black Desert, Tera, and others in the works), plus a bunch of psuedo-MMO's like Warframe have found big success there.

I mean this console generation, now that it can actually run semi-modern MMO's, is proving to be a pretty lucrative market for many publishers, both releasing new games across PC and now console, or porting over their older MMO's to get a new audience on new platforms.
    I was leaving out warframe on purpose but yep. And so abd never winter just are too money hungry I feel.

Hell sky forge and even trove are on consoles now too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    I mean I find that rather cool/unique! Suits a Granok very well haha
    Oh then it suits basically an entire race of Schwarzenegger movie roles but not really a aurin or mordresh.

Thinking about it they kinda went even more stereotype the. Wow tends to...which is frankly pretty damn impressive

That said I still say console support would help alot.. and worse case refit it as a single player game somehow. The world and lore are very interesting(if disjointed at times) and could do well but yeah.

Also I wonder if NCSOFT being publisher may not have hurt it a bit given they shut down city of heroes probably for this and tend to be associated with heavy microtransactions

@Sorrior it might but I think they have blown that chance now in terms of a console port.

I just imagine the funding isn't there for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    @Sorrior it might but I think they have blown that chance now in terms of a console port.

I just imagine the funding isn't there for it.
    Sadly I agree could have been the first true fwp console game too welll mmo

Is it just a Wildstar/Carbine thing with the sucky installer/launcher or is it an NCSoft thing? i always thought it was just Carbine but its also a PITA for me to try to reinstall Blade and Soul.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by notanmmmonewbie View Post
    Is it just a Wildstar/Carbine thing with the sucky installer/launcher or is it an NCSoft thing? i always thought it was just Carbine but its also a PITA for me to try to reinstall Blade and Soul.
    At first I also had it all down to Carbine, but it's all down to Ncsoft...and the mess keeps getting bigger

[–]CRB_DelakronRelease Manager 5 points 15 hours ago
    Unfortunately we were experiencing a datacenter-wide outage at our Frankfurt location, negatively affecting all of NCSOFT's EU game services -- WildStar included. Some titles are still impacted, but WildStar should now be up and running appropriately. Feel free to keep tabs on service outages on our Operations feed at https://twitter.com/WildStarOps. ~Delakron
    permalinkembedreport

It says Carbine but all Ncsoft games are run by the same community team, and they have no idea about anything. The following post is about today's maintenance.

Carbine Studios Staff
    Yesterday, 04:50 PM
    Hello Everyone -

At 4am PDT / 7am EDT / 1300 CEST we'll be bringing realms down for standard maintenance. During this time the following will be unavailable:
    WildStar Game Servers and Logins (NA & EU)
    WildStar In-Game Store (NA & EU)
    Downtime is expected to last approximately 15 minutes.

We'll provide any necessary updates in this thread.

Thanks!

Team WildStar

WildStar Operations‏Verified account
    @wildstarOps
    Following
    More
    [All] NC Platform is under maintenance. NCSoft Account Management / Shop & Forum logins are offline and will be back in 1 hour 55 mins.
    5:07 am - 9 Aug 2017

- - - Updated - - -

Calling all house builders WE NEED YOU

Posted Yesterday, 04:53 PM
    Next Developer Post »
    Attention all architects, interior decorators, and lifestyle gurus!

Over the next couple of weeks we want to collect footage that captures the pure luxurious potential of player Communities—a brand new, much-anticipated feature coming soon to WildStar with the 1.7.3: Homecoming game update. To demonstrate the sheer depth of customization and creativity this feature offers teams of characters, we need your help (and the keys to your home) for a brief time.

To show the available potential of a Community, our plan is to pull together a collection of remarkable player houses into a Community plot and film the results for a 1.7.3: Homecoming promotional video. The goal here is to make sure WildStar players at-large are as intrigued by, and excited about Communities as we are!

And participation is easy! Your house will of course remain intact and yours to keep, and if used, will be on display for everyone in the galaxy to check out on our earthling WildStar YouTube channel. If you’re game with letting us tour and film your land while it’s temporarily placed in a Community “open house” for intergalactic exhibition, only a small amount of preparation on your part is necessary.

First, let us know in this thread that you’re willing to participate and provide the name of the character that owns the plot, and in what region (NA or EU).

Second, note that in order to fulfill our goal of displaying Communities with a cohesive look, we’d like to receive submissions of Housing plots that fit either an Aurin or Small Town/Country Village theme. The Community will also look best with open plots for blending purposes, so we ask that any house you recommend contains no border walls or anything of that sort. With WildStar Communities we firmly believe in open borders.

If your house is chosen, we’ll copy your character to an internal realm so we can put the Community together ourselves, without having to make any changes to your actual character or Housing plot.
    And that’s it! If we use your house you can take pride in seeing it on display in the 1.7.3: Homecoming promotional video shared across all of our official WildStar channels!

Cheers,
    Team WildStar
    Last edited by mmoc73340f41a2; 2017-08-09 at 12:46 PM.

How is the population in this game? Is it stable and are the queue times OK?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Queue times are meh. Partly because the queues break. So basically it's better to do premade groups.

Population wise the game is low but not really low.

As a F2P game I'd highly recommend it. One of the few MMOs with a decent model.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-21 at 03:16 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Ok. Yes. No.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    The daily question of the day, when new player creates a account:
    Hey guys is this game dead?
    And then he gets at least 20 responses ...
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    The daily question of the day, when new player creates a account:
    Hey guys is this game dead?
    And then he gets at least 20 responses ...
    Screenshot?

Might happen to one person but doesn't mean it's going to happen to everyone. There are multiple aspects of a game like Wildstar. Raiding, PvE, PvP, RP and others. Some aspects might be greatly populated and the others might not be. PvP being a prime example since people only jump to it when an event is on.

From personal experience I remember the RP community being a bunch of toxic as hell cliques. Of course that might not be the same experience for everyone else.

Game is nowhere near dead. But it doesn't have a huge population. Anyone saying Wildstar is dead is talking out of their backside.

The poster asked about the game and I gave them the best possible answers that I could. In which queues are broken and have been since Heroes Evolved and while that you will usually see people it's not a massive MMO.

F2P saw a huge influx which then dropped down because of their advertising and content in general.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-21 at 10:40 PM.

Deleted
    You’ve explored Nexus and beyond—now it’s time to come home. The next major WildStar content update, Homecoming, arrives Wednesday, September 6, and it offers players an assortment of new and updated activities!

New Feature: Communities
    You’ve invested impressive amounts of time and effort in designing rich, elegant living spaces to call home. And with Homecoming you’ll at last have the ability to find neighbors who can move into properties right next door! Collaborate together to build a vibrant and bustling Community—a massively expanded housing social feature that affords players the cosmic opportunity to relocate their homes to shared land.

New Event: Residential Renovation
    Residential Renovation is a new in-game event that will run for one week every month. Pulling many of the rewards previously offered through Chase events, Residential Renovation will task players with a variety of largely housing-centric activities that yield stellar upgrades in home décor.

New Prime Content
    The Homecoming update once again expands the amount of Prime content available to battle-hardened adventurers. The Sanctuary of the Swordmaiden dungeon and Deep Space Exploration Expedition are the latest instances to be elevated to Prime status, calling all players to organize with capable friends to brave new levels of challenge for due rewards.

Madame Fay’s Fortunes Update
    The release of this content update also coincides with Madame Fay marvelously restocking treasures that had previously been depleted. The Arcterra collection is quite literally the coolest set of Fortunes she’s ever supplied, and beginning September 6 they’ll again be available for a limited time.

We’ve been busy making all kinds of preparations to ensure that the Homecoming update gives everyone on Nexus a healthy dose of added entertainment, and we’ll have more details to share about its features in the days ahead. Stay tuned!

Same day as Destiny 2 console launch. Great job with your competitive calendars, Carbine, because that's surely not going to eat into your press coverage that day or your potential playerbase or anything.

*sigh*

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's not really even the issue. The issue is that this is essentially not content. Again. Adding prime levels to things that people never run isn't going to extend the end game at all. It's past time we got a new Arcterra, but with much more to do and earn. I tried to go back and play saying yeah, Prime Expeditions will keep me progressing. Nope. It's just a waste of time.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    That's not really even the issue. The issue is that this is essentially not content. Again. Adding prime levels to things that people never run isn't going to extend the end game at all. It's past time we got a new Arcterra, but with much more to do and earn. I tried to go back and play saying yeah, Prime Expeditions will keep me progressing. Nope. It's just a waste of time.
    Honestly, I don't think it's really reasonable to expect much in the way of meaty "content" right now given the skeleton crew left there. They're doing what they can, but we're not going to see big drops any time soon, possibly ever again. We'll get smaller chunks like this, but that's going to be it. And given the way things are going, that's kinda alright - at least for "maintaining" the game.

It's just that deciding to release this update against Destiny 2 console launch is indicative of the horrid decisions that Carbine made that put this game in the position in the first place : /

Why the hell would you release a patch on the same day as a big console launch?

Also sorry but that patch is barebones. I mean communities. Great I guess. How big of a community does it have in all honesty?

Prime content that should have already been in, housing is ok I guess and updates to Madame Fay. Did anyone ever really care about Fay?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's just that deciding to release this update against Destiny 2 console launch is indicative of the horrid decisions that Carbine made that put this game in the position in the first place : /
    At least they're consistent. Granted, that's consistently bad with their releases on these sorts of things, but... silver lining I suppose. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I just don't see huge content drops coming that much anymore dude.

I mean look at Arcterra now. What's the point when it doesn't hold interest anymore?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    At least they're consistent. Granted, that's consistently bad with their releases on these sorts of things, but... silver lining I suppose. >.<
    Oh for sure. Kudos to the consistency but this patch is barebones as I said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Why the hell would you release a patch on the same day as a big console launch?

Also sorry but that patch is barebones. I mean communities. Great I guess. How big of a community does it have in all honesty?

Prime content that should have already been in, housing is ok I guess and updates to Madame Fay. Did anyone ever really care about Fay?
    Console vs pc . Its not the same thing. (also destiny is snorefest game)
    But the housing community is kinda a good thing from advertising standpoint. I have seen quite a new player population coming in just 2 weeks.

Here is a bit more detailed:
    https://forums.wildstar-online.com/f...e-ptr-version/

Of cose prime dungeons are meh. And SSM is a very hated dungeon.

And i dont know any other mmo on market (yeah minecraft or that 2d game dont count), that lets you have so much freedom with a house. (only npc limit sucks)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

But the housing community is kinda a good thing from advertising standpoint. I have seen quite a new player population coming in just 2 weeks.

Here is a bit more detailed:
    https://forums.wildstar-online.com/f...e-ptr-version/

Of cose prime dungeons are meh. And SSM is a very hated dungeon.

And i dont know any other mmo on market (yeah minecraft or that 2d game dont count), that lets you have so much freedom with a house. (only npc limit sucks)
    Doesn't matter. They are dropping a patch on the same day a lot of people will be playing a huge game launch. Not a good move. And no the advertising is terrible. They chose to drop a patch when a big game launches. Carbine have proven time and again that they can't advertise to save their lives. Which is really bad considering Wildstar needs good advertising right now.

You can think Destiny 2 is a snorefest but a lot of people will be playing that on the 6th. It's one of the biggest launches of the year.

Also not saying housing updates are bad. Just saying the patch is very barebones.

And I'm sorry but do you have any source or evidence on new players joining?

A game like Wildstar should not be trying to compete with launch dates like that. Especially one that is as big as Destiny 2. Carbine are probably the worst when it comes to advertising.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-24 at 10:19 PM.

Except that they'll both be competing for media attention, and Destiny is going to absolutely crush any chance WildStar has of getting headlines. Anything they do get will be instantly buried by Destiny news, limiting its exposure.

Yes, console vs. PC but Destiny is a big enough IP that it's going to eat up the attention of every non-PC focused gaming news outlet, and will likely even be eating up some of the PC exclusive news as they report on the reception of the console version with an eye looking towards the PC launch in a few months.

You generally try to avoid major competitive launches when planning out your releases/news beats (I do this shit for a living, FYI), especially what will be one of the biggest, if not the single biggest AAA launch of the year. There's a reason that Destiny has September 6 all to itself in terms of releases - no other publisher is stupid enough to try to compete against it.

WildStar needs every advantage it can get. This isn't how it gets those advantages, this is how it shoots itself in the foot before the race even begins.