Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Thumbs down I feel it's a missed opportunity to not even tease next Exp at Gamescom

The title says it, but I'll elaborate if I have to.

I personally feel like Legion announcement at Gamescom 2015 went down VERY well, delivering a lot more good than just a "crowd control" move during WoD lull needed.

Yes, they HAD TO do it back then, and all that - I've been around, you don't need to remind me. But Legion announcement did create that positive feel that carried us through the lull and far beyond.

Similarly, telling us pretty much the full plan for Legion rollout, all the way up to 7.3 that's not even live yet was an example of what looked like changed comms policy, where they finally realised that people stick around a lot longer if they have something to look forward to.

There was zero reason to think they wouldn't learn from that success and not try and repeat it at least to some small extent this time. Short teaser of the next expansion is all we needed this time around.

Remain in denial as much as you want - but 7.3 is OLD NEWS. Making Gamescom "all about 7.3" is a missed opportunity to hype up people far beyond attendees of US Blizzcon, boost virtual ticket sales, and more.

Yes I look forward to something other than boring crap of 7.2 BS wasteland, but it absolutely wouldn't hurt to tell me what's ahead.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    7.3 is just what you call it. News.
    Let people play it before crying for what's next.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    There's nothing new about 7.3, it has been on the PTR for almost two months already if not more. I have not played it, and i already know everything it will bring...

Why? New expansion would just distract the excitement from 7.3.

The only thing bad about nothing being mentioned at Gamescom is the leaks on this forum will continue until November >_<

Don't need to announce the next expansion till Blizzcon, there's still plenty to do in Legion and it's been very well received so far. They announced Legion at Gamescom because WoD was hated so much and they wanted to turn the attention away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    There's nothing new about 7.3, it has been on the PTR for almost two months already if not more. I have not played it, and i already know everything it will bring...
    Casuals more than likely do not play PTR or even read this site for that matter so for plenty of people it will be new

Quote Originally Posted by Kailith View Post
    Don't need to announce the next expansion till Blizzcon, there's still plenty to do in Legion and it's been very well received so far. They announced Legion at Gamescom because WoD was hated so much and they wanted to turn the attention away.
    I dont wanna sound like an asshole here or anything but im pretty sure were currently sitting on WoD numbers as of right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

15+ Year Old Account
    The final patch of each expansions has been pretty lacklustre since well... Sunwell.
    Wrath = Ruby Sanctum = meh
    Cata = Dragon Soul = meh
    MoP = Siege = not bad but last over an entire year
    WoD = Tanaan+HFC = meh (not to mention green fel shit everywhere just like broken shore and argus)

They need to incentivize people to come back for the last patch somehow, and so far Legion hasn't had a good track record in terms of actual engaging content. People wanted more content, but sometimes more isn't always better. The raids in particular in Legion haven't been anything special.

Need more stuff like the Mage Tower and PvP Brawls, mix things up a bit.

Deleted
    I agree. Here's why:

People say they announced Legion 2 years ago because WoD suffered extremely.

News flash, how many are still playing legion? I mostly PvP and it's the lowest participation by far, FAR less than even WoD so I'm going to assume that translates into PvE aswell.

7.3 does nothing but bring new PvP seasons for us. What is there for us to look forward to? I couldn't care less about 7.3 and abandon Azeroth and let it's enemies take control while we're away on Argus. Nope, I'm not falling for that. Doing exactly what N'zoth wants us to do lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    they have no particular reason to announce an expansion. they could make legion last more than 3 years without troubles imo, if they plan patches.

Deleted
    End of Cata and end of MoP was amazing due to how much fun all the classes were. You don't HAVE to play the same raid for 12 months. If I knew what I know now I would've played WAY more and just do arenas and battlegrounds to enjoy the specs before the pruning happened.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    idk if you know but most other expansions had the next expansion announced before the final patch came out
    but to what the OP says
    no 7.3 is not old news, gotta remember MOST of the community does not look at datamined shit
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    That would be absolutely insane. I'm honestly thinking Blizzard has something planned that will shock us come Blizzcon now due to how well paced the patches have been. Maybe the next exansion launches super early? Doubtful but I want to be suprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    The final patch of each expansions has been pretty lacklustre since well... Sunwell.
    Wrath = Ruby Sanctum = meh
    Cata = Dragon Soul = meh
    MoP = Siege = not bad but last over an entire year
    WoD = Tanaan+HFC = meh (not to mention green fel shit everywhere just like broken shore and argus)

They need to incentivize people to come back for the last patch somehow, and so far Legion hasn't had a good track record in terms of actual engaging content. People wanted more content, but sometimes more isn't always better. The raids in particular in Legion haven't been anything special.

Need more stuff like the Mage Tower and PvP Brawls, mix things up a bit.
    I 100% disagree about what you said about MoP, SoO was fucking amazing and so was the timeless isle, back in MoP I played on the Mal'Ganis server and even a month before wod the timeless isle was booming with people
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toro S View Post
    The title says it, but I'll elaborate if I have to.

I personally feel like Legion announcement at Gamescom 2015 went down VERY well, delivering a lot more good than just a "crowd control" move during WoD lull needed.

Yes, they HAD TO do it back then, and all that - I've been around, you don't need to remind me. But Legion announcement did create that positive feel that carried us through the lull and far beyond.

Similarly, telling us pretty much the full plan for Legion rollout, all the way up to 7.3 that's not even live yet was an example of what looked like changed comms policy, where they finally realised that people stick around a lot longer if they have something to look forward to.

There was zero reason to think they wouldn't learn from that success and not try and repeat it at least to some small extent this time. Short teaser of the next expansion is all we needed this time around.

Remain in denial as much as you want - but 7.3 is OLD NEWS. Making Gamescom "all about 7.3" is a missed opportunity to hype up people far beyond attendees of US Blizzcon, boost virtual ticket sales, and more.

Yes I look forward to something other than boring crap of 7.2 BS wasteland, but it absolutely wouldn't hurt to tell me what's ahead.
    You really should send your marketing resume to Blizzard.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    I dont wanna sound like an asshole here or anything but im pretty sure were currently sitting on WoD numbers as of right now.
    Lol no. End of WoD was way lower. Besides, look at their report, Legion is still doing better than Wod, as the posted quite recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Histidine View Post
    WoW is great.
    Not sure what game people are playing; I love the way things are.
    What bosses will be in the Deathwing Raid?
    Quote Originally Posted by MauroDiogo View Post
    Leg 1, Leg 2, Hind Legs is a duo boss fight, Wings, Tail, Head and last Heroic mode only boss is his Chin. Totally optional and only for those hardcore enough. It's jaw dropping!

Watch the preview. They did tease by talking about "beta" right before that guy comes in.

Like i said blizz wants a big reveal at blizzcon infront of a pro wow audience and not a audience who looked mildly enthusiatic like the crowd did at gamescon last time for the legion reveal