Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    noiyce, time for Bushido style bow again!

- - - Updated - - -

Well i got a refund on a wrong amazon order so i made the trip over to play asia and after two minutes of debate im waiting on a 2k and 5k code message. 1k's are sold out but i can just pick up something cheap later i guess.

- - - Updated - - -

YIYIYIYIYIYIYIYI 3DS IN THE TRASH 5EVER
    The game is so pretty on the Switch. The colors are so freaking vibrant it's almost blinding at times.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    The game is so pretty on the Switch. The colors are so freaking vibrant it's almost blinding at times.
    Yeah i read its a new contrast system in the games engine. Now just 11 hours to download a 2gb file from japan....

Deleted
    So let me see if i understand, Monster Hunter XX is a full game with online playable but is all in Japanese?
    You can play online in the thing right?

Props for your efforts, i understand the struggle of wanting to play a monster hunter game in the big screen.

Yeah i read its a new contrast system in the games engine. Now just 11 hours to download a 2gb file from japan....
    Really? Only took us like 3 hours here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    So let me see if i understand, Monster Hunter XX is a full game with online playable but is all in Japanese?

Props for your efforts, i understand the struggle of wanting to play a monster hunter game in the big screen.
    Yeah it's the full game, just in Japanese. If you've played enough Monster Hunter in the past you don't really need to read much. The story isn't anything of note and a lot of the stuff is carried over from MH:Gen so a lot of the guides for that will get you through until you hit the new stuff.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post

Basically its generations but balanced, all the bullshit sorted out and whole new tiers of content, gear and monsters to hunt. Given that 4U is really the only monhun with a story all you need to really translate is menus which google translate on any smartphone can do instantly and thats just reminding you whats where you are used to in english and item names for crafting gear which is all in translated guides that were compiled for the 3ds release ages ago.

So basically if you are bored of generations and waiting for world next year its this or nothing and having another breath of the wild style time devourer on the switch with excellent multiplayer its really this or nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically its generations but balanced, all the bullshit sorted out and whole new tiers of content, gear and monsters to hunt. Given that 4U is really the only monhun with a story all you need to really translate is menus which google translate on any smartphone can do instantly and thats just reminding you whats where you are used to in english and item names for crafting gear which is all in translated guides that were compiled for the 3ds release ages ago.

So basically if you are bored of generations and waiting for world next year its this or nothing and having another breath of the wild style time devourer on the switch with excellent multiplayer its really this or nothing.
    Can you tell me how the multiplayer is? I've had a lot of fun pugging hunts in past MH games and since very few of my friends own a Switch and even fewer would import this, I will most likely be playing solo. Is the online connection stable in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Can you tell me how the multiplayer is? I've had a lot of fun pugging hunts in past MH games and since very few of my friends own a Switch and even fewer would import this, I will most likely be playing solo. Is the online connection stable in the US?
    Fine for me but im not in the states

- - - Updated - - -

God damn this is a pretty game. A few hours into MHXX after translating the menus and getting into the 1* village quests and its hands down superior to Generations. No question. Even before any new content bar running into the littler new meowstress in training girl the game is just better. It loaded up and got into a hunt faster than it took for my 3ds to load the MHG cart and go from a black screen to the capcom logo, load times are seconds at most and even the crap in game loads faster. Including most surprisingly farming nodes. You can farm a mining node and a new one will be back in like 10 seconds tops. Its basically generations but it looks better and everything is faster. Before getting to the new XX content at all it is so enjoyable and the language barrier is such a none issue i have no reason to touch the 3ds games again bar maybe revisiting 4U for nostalgia. It was totally worth getting a points card off playasia and i can see this easily being the game that beats my 90+ hours in breath of the wild as my longest played switch game.

90 hours? Casual.

I'm still both hoping they do and don't bring the english version over to the switch because my wallet but the experience mmm.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I'm currently at village rank 4 and LR3 online and honestly you really just need kiranico open for armour bonuses, decoration names and elements. If you have generations open most of that is a snap anyway. I did make a youtube video just going over the basics thats at like 70% uploaded right now i'll probably post later but honestly it is no trouble playing this and after playing monhun on the switch you just can't go back to 3ds. Its night and day.

Monster hunter stories is releasing this friday.
    tried the demo and i'm pleasantly surprised, and i'll probably be picking it up on release.

anyone else tried it out so far? thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    Monster hunter stories is releasing this friday.
    tried the demo and i'm pleasantly surprised, and i'll probably be picking it up on release.

anyone else tried it out so far? thoughts?
    Didin't follow it but i'm going to buy it - jrpg and nice graphics in a MH setting is already a "buy now" for me.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Got off my ass and made a video about how to get MHXX on your switch and how to read the menus. If you really, really like monster hunter and are sick of the tiny 3ds screen its totally worth picking up im having a great time with it.

Deleted
    Is their a release date on MHXX in english yet or is still to be announced?

Right now it looks like theres no plans for it. The MH localization team is working on monster hunter world. We barely got MHX/Generations and we didnt get any info in the capcom shareholders meetings suggesting its happening either. It would be great -im playing the jp version right now and its fantastic- but if the 3DS version has been out for this long and theres 'no current plans' i dont see the switch version happening anytime soon which sucks. but we have always been the secondary market for monster hunter and never the priority. The MHW push seems like an attempt at a more core western market so i dont see resources being spread between the two.
    Maybe when World has come out and run its course.

10+ Year Old Account
    If world does well (lets hope, they are actually doing some work advertising it on social media for once)

expect localization of other games in the future.

Honestly didn't even occur to me that we wouldn't be getting XX, was figuring we just weren't getting the switch version and even then I thought that was a big maybe as the switch version of MH would absolutely sell consoles by itself.

Makes me sad, generations really fell flat in the end due to lack of challenging content since there was no grank and transmog is something that I've wanted since forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Honestly didn't even occur to me that we wouldn't be getting XX, was figuring we just weren't getting the switch version and even then I thought that was a big maybe as the switch version of MH would absolutely sell consoles by itself.

Makes me sad, generations really fell flat in the end due to lack of challenging content since there was no grank and transmog is something that I've wanted since forever.
    Your name is delicious to me.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Your name is delicious to me.
    Its been 5 years did you just realize what my name was?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Its been 5 years did you just realize what my name was?
    3 according to your 3 year member
    I also go by avatars

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    3 according to your 3 year member
    I also go by avatars
    Ya damn well know those aren't accurate, and literally right under them it says when the account was created.

I too go by avatars a lot, gets confusing as fuck when people change them.