Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    The problem i can't see glaves being used as range weapon constantly.
    I know warglaives are iconic weapons for DH, but ranged DH spec could just use two crossbows. Let's say lorewise this would be a thing that was developed by Illidari who, like Altruis, went his own way and decided that warglaives is not his thing. Or whatever. They could easily pull this off if they wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    I know warglaives are iconic weapons for DH, but ranged DH spec could just use two crossbows. Let's say lorewise this would be a thing that was developed by Illidari who, like Altruis, went his own way and decided that warglaives is not his thing. Or whatever. They could easily pull this off if they wanted.
    I mean we do have that one Demon Hunter who uses a Scythe.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    This WQ is using the WoD stable system.
    I meant that this WQ might be another step of extensive testing in preparation for mounted combat. We have an awful lot of mounts of all types. Its a shame we only use handful of them and usually abandon it as soon as something new and shinier comes out. There is a room for improving all that by giving them unique abilities, possible some kind of leveling system. But core mechanics of it - riding and fighting might be tested right now. Anyway, just my 2cents to the speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I mean we do have that one Demon Hunter who uses a Scythe.
    Oh yeah, you are right. Allari something was her name if I am correct. So another proof that DH with different weapon than warglaive is totally possible. I am really surprised they didn't make a third ranged spec for DH, especially considering the fact that not only they didn't add any ranged dps since the game began at all, they even made survival hunters solely meele. Would be cool to see it added in 8.0 but I think chance of this happening is equal to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by DelusionalBear View Post
    looking at this quest http://www.wowhead.com/quest=42025/bareback-brawl
    I'm thinking that mounted combat might be a feature in 8.0
    Nah man don't look to far into it. Back in I i think cata(?) there was scnearios where you'd have mount combat battles. Not its not possible but they've had mounted combat content before....

Quote Originally Posted by Scornedfury View Post
    Nah man don't look to far into it. Back in I i think cata(?) there was scnearios where you'd have mount combat battles. Not its not possible but they've had mounted combat content before....
    That's probably Trial of the Champion 5 man from the 3.2 patch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sberdila View Post
    That's probably Trial of the Champion 5 man from the 3.2 patch
    No he means the one quest in Firelands in a cave whos name has slipped my mind atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    So you'd rather just have inviable items?
    Why is that the only possible alternative besides your desired option? Why do you immediately set out to color any alternative to what you want with highly negative and dramatic verbage? "Inviable." Pft.

I just run the raid or whatever again and hope for better loot next time. In MoP, it was pretty much every single piece of gear needed one or multiple gems, enchants, reforging... were belt buckles a thing then, too? I don't even remember, anymore. I remember it being a lot. Too much. And in the end it didn't really mean better customization or gameplay. You just looked up the optimum stat weights and fudged your numbers. It wasn't fun or rewarding. It was a bunch of extra hassle and gold.

I'm glad they got rid of spirit and a ton of other meh stats, and made rings and necklaces only have secondary stats. Much more of the gear is interchangeable between my own specs and classes.

I kinda still miss multistrike just because I liked what it did visually with projectiles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    Why is that the only possible alternative besides your desired option? Why do you immediately set out to color any alternative to what you want with highly negative and dramatic verbage? "Inviable." Pft.

I just run the raid or whatever again and hope for better loot next time. In MoP, it was pretty much every single piece of gear needed one or multiple gems, enchants, reforging... were belt buckles a thing then, too? I don't even remember, anymore. I remember it being a lot. Too much. And in the end it didn't really mean better customization or gameplay. You just looked up the optimum stat weights and fudged your numbers. It wasn't fun or rewarding. It was a bunch of extra hassle and gold.

I'm glad they got rid of spirit and a ton of other meh stats, and made rings and necklaces only have secondary stats. Much more of the gear is interchangeable between my own specs and classes.

I kinda still miss multistrike just because I liked what it did visually with projectiles.
    There's only so many loot available in a raid and dungeon. If said stats that help you aren't on said gear. Gearing becomes more frustrating and not as exciting.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by incko View Post
    Doubt that. They weren't even able to come up with a third DH specialization.

Edit. Nevermind,

I guess you're talking about new race / class combinations?
    No i was actually hoping for

at best - third DH specialization, e.g. "cauterizer-healer"

at worst - the return of things like Gladiator Spec for Prot Warriors. Introduction of proper ranged DPS spec for Paladins, maybe ranged DPS for Monks as we saw in accompanying NPC during trials for Heroic dungeons during WoD.

Things like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    I forsee night elf paladin, there's 2 in the pala order hall and I forsee orc druid from the IRA druid that was in wod.
    I've been begging on forums and Twitter for

Draenei Warlock (some form of repented Eredar?)
    Draenei Rogue (Rangari)

But they have their own plans clearly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    WTB Chinese forum leak ASAP!!
    Yeah it became a bit stale lately, wouldn't you say?

7+ Year Old Account
    Roughly 40-50 days before we see some new "leaks"! hahah

I went back to check when 7.2.5 ptr came on after 7.2 went live and it seems it was about 2 weeks so we should see something next reset.Lets hope some more expansion hints in the ptr.
    Be Free! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Toro S View Post
    Yeah it became a bit stale lately, wouldn't you say?
    Oh I'm not asking for more fanmades. I mean THE leak, the only legit and trustworthy one, from that chinese forum that covered the last 2 expansions.

People were talking about new stats and stuff and being functional: How about we add a stat/few stats, that only affect visuals (quaternary ones, if that's a word, English is not my primary language). Think of things like multistrike effect looks, devotion/tenacity (like a visual mastery, specific for each spec, think of an added void effect to shadow priests or ice effects on an frost mage), blurry looks of spell animations, colour variations, etc etc. You could reintroduce the reforge system for this, since it's only an added bonus. It also gives a player a chance to distinctly separate himself from fellow spec users by adding that personal touch. It might be a bad idea, but it would add into the transmog/bonus system.

EDIT:

In addition: The higher the amount the higher the chance of the effect applying to your spell animations.
    Last edited by RoshuanEU; 2017-09-08 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nightyniteEU View Post
    People were talking about new stats and stuff and being functional: How about we add a stat/few stats, that only affect visuals (quaternary ones, if that's a word, English is not my primary language). Think of things like multistrike effect looks, devotion/tenacity (like a visual mastery, specific for each spec, think of an added void effect to shadow priests or ice effects on an frost mage), blurry looks of spell animations, colour variations, etc etc. You could reintroduce the reforge system for this, since it's only an added bonus. It also gives a player a chance to distinctly separate himself from fellow spec users by adding that personal touch. It might be a bad idea, but it would add into the transmog/bonus system.

EDIT:

In addition: The higher the amount the higher the chance of the effect applying to your spell animations.
    That's a terrible idea that makes no sense at all whatsoever. Stats effect your character power, period. Also multi-strike was essentially a duplicate of crit, that's why it was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by nightyniteEU View Post

EDIT:

Why would you hide spell customization behind RNG procs and stats? The development time spent on those effects would be justified if they were an additional tab in collections. You could get alternative spell effects from old raids and dungeons, achievement rewards, etc.

But they'd be always on, not just proc sometimes.

The main issue is that Blizzard often removes abilities, which means these effects would have to either be removed or repurposed, which doesn't feel right for a collectible.

The general idea is interesting, and they've explored it in the past with glyphs, the green fire questline and now with artifact appearances, but I don't think they'll ever create several effects for each main ability for each spec in the game, just to then rework that spec after a few patches and have to figure out how what to do with them.

HAve you guys seen the Farondis thing? He's gone.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Well, that does certainly point towards a very specific villain for the next expansion...

Hogger

7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't seen him since I have finished the tidestone quest chain back at the beginning of Legion, so I don't think that just happened ppl just noticed it a bit late I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Why would you hide spell customization behind RNG procs and stats? The development time spent on those effects would be justified if they were an additional tab in collections. You could get alternative spell effects from old raids and dungeons, achievement rewards, etc.

But they'd be always on, not just proc sometimes.

The main issue is that Blizzard often removes abilities, which means these effects would have to either be removed or repurposed, which doesn't feel right for a collectible.

The general idea is interesting, and they've explored it in the past with glyphs, the green fire questline and now with artifact appearances, but I don't think they'll ever create several effects for each main ability for each spec in the game, just to then rework that spec after a few patches and have to figure out how what to do with them.
    I completely agree that it shouldn't be an RNG proc, but they seem to love it, so I thought it would fit their RNG model. A different approach is something like the warlock quest chain, but add some for the general idea as well (the multistrike one, blurry one, colour ones, etc.)

About the rework, I wonder if they will rework it anytime soon, with the current effort. Seeing they've already altered animations, these variations don't seem far out to have been worked on as well, right?