Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    While doing public events and what not you find a shard that you level that unlocks it.

What shard you get for your other two spec's is random. By the time I finished the campaign I had all 3 spec's.
    Does the shard have a specific name so I don't forget it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So when do I unlock Gunslinger for Hunter? I like this lightning spear thing thing but I want my Golden Gun.
    You need to be around 7+ for the item drop for first secondary and around 14+ for the second drop.

I've gotten both of mine out of the public quest chests.

- - - Updated - - -

You wont, it adds a quest in director and an icon on your character page. You also get an ingame notice.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    You need to be around 7+ for the item drop for first secondary and around 14+ for the second drop.

I've gotten both of mine out of the public quest chests.

- - - Updated - - -

You wont, it adds a quest in director and an icon on your character page. You also get an ingame notice.
    Sweet cheers both of ya.

I can't remember to be honest, Next to your current spec it will have one of the icon's lit up and give u a progress bar.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I'm saving my upgrade points for when I unlock voidwalker; hopefully they transfer over otherwise I've gone 10 levels without unlocking my melee for no real reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I'm saving my upgrade points for when I unlock voidwalker; hopefully they transfer over otherwise I've gone 10 levels without unlocking my melee for no real reason.
    They do so your fine.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Ok took back everything bad I said about this game. That ending is just.....amazing. I havn't cheered like that in years, absolutely AMAZING campaign and story.
    God bless you, Bungie, that was incredible.

I am understanding more and more mechanics of the game and I am enjoying the game more and more. Destiny 2 is a proper sequel, absolutely worth the money. If you're first impressions weren't impressive, keep going the game gets waaaaaay better.

Is it the same kind of CoD style tube level like D1?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You simply don't get it and you never will. I could spend all night breaking this down, it'd go nowhere. I've got things to do and places to be as of this moment, so I'm done with this subject for the time being. If you like developers playing these shitty little games with their content, go for it. Buy it up. Lap at it like a dog tonguing his own puke. Cool. Good for you.

I won't. I will speak against it, argue against, and better yet, abstain from buying into it. Deal with it.
    No, dude. You are the one who simply doesn't get it and you never will.

It's glaringly obvious by what you've been saying this whole time.

So just treated myself to 1000 Silver. Where do I go to spend this?

So just treated myself to 1000 Silver. Where do I go to spend this?
    Go to the farm and its a Eververse Trading Company vendor there.

Go to the farm and its a Eververse Trading Company vendor there.
    Kind of feel a bit stupid for not knowing to go to the hub to spend Silver.

Cheers though dude.

Not sure what to spend it on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Clans are live in game. Restart the game to get your clan banner and start earning xp for your clan.

XP is capped at 5000 per toon (so you could contribute 15k if you had 3 guys) per week. Guild Milestone is 100k a week. Kind of screws over smaller groups.
    Last edited by xerus; 2017-09-08 at 06:36 PM.

Hey enjoy games being $60 (You know the cheapest games have ever been) Then accept MT's are here to stay. Otherwise you would be paying $100+ for a game.
    I struggle to see the rationale for this. Pre built engines like Unity or Unreal and their associated plugins are much less hassle than back in the PS 2 era when pretty much every game had to be built from scratch from the ground up. While games are the cheapest they've ever been for the consumer, they're also the cheapest they've ever been for developers too. Where the massive, over the top budgets come into play is when the game industry starts overspending on frivolities that add little to nothing to their game experience.

As an obvious example look at voice acting. There are thousands of talented voice actors out there who are willing to lend their voice to video game characters. Studios are in no way required to contract stars like Peter Dinklage and force them to read from a poorly written script. They could have gotten plenty of other talented people for the role who could have peformed it equally for a faction of the cost. And you would have never known the difference!

It's why smaller budget projects like Demon's and Dark Souls can be seen as successes. They had reasonable expectations of how many copies they were able to sell and budgeted accordingly. It's a skill that the AAA games industry has lost in recent years it seems. Fantastic games can be made without needing to sell tens of millions of copies and still be successes.

ITS IN THE GAME, ITS COSMETIC.
    This is one of those rare occasions where I actually agree with a point Jim Sterling made in his video. Loot boxes began as a way for free to play games to make their income, and have slowly been adopted by full priced games too as a means to supplement their income. At present they might currently only be for cosmetic items, but it does set a dangerous precedent.

With Shadow of War loot boxes are now making their way to predominantly Single Player games too. That means either Warner Brothers aren't confident the can get a decent return on investment for one of the most anticpated games of the year (not likely!), or they're doing it to try squeeze even more profit out of the game for minimal effort.

I doubt it's going to be too long before a Dev puts a consumable Key you need to unlock one attempt at playable content inside a loot box. People may be just fine when they're "only cosmetics", but the second a Dev puts the content you like inside a loot box there's going to be uproar. We've already come a long way towards normalising loot boxes in our games, and I really do worry for the future of the medium if the trend continues.

That is to say nothing of the legal ramifications that may well be on the horizon too. Here in the UK gambling websites have strict rules and regulations they have to abide by in order to protect vulnerable customers, 888 was recently fined £7.8 million for breaking them. The video games industry is currently exempt from the same level of scrutiny when it comes to their practices, but it's only a matter of time before the law catches up.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're free to not buy it.
    Now I know about the loot boxes, I'm no longer going to buy it. It's a disapointment, I was really looking forwards to this one but I refuse to support the business model they've adopted this time around. I'm not delusional enough to think me canceling my pre order is a grand gesture that's going to turn heads and force Activision to change their minds. I do consider refusing to participate in these models an appropriate protest, even if it ultimately has no effect on the companies bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    While games are the cheapest they've ever been for the consumer, they're also the cheapest they've ever been for developers too.
    Got some sources to back up such a statement?

Also there is a massive difference between loot box's in Shadows of War and Overwatch/Destiny. Once again its cosmetic shit, when it effects the game you have a point. Sorry but Jim is outright wrong about cosmetic MT's.

Now I know about the loot boxes, I'm no longer going to buy it. It's a disapointment, I was really looking forwards to this one but I refuse to support the business model they've adopted this time around. I'm not delusional enough to think me canceling my pre order is a grand gesture that's going to turn heads and force Activision to change their minds. I do consider refusing to participate in these models an appropriate protest, even if it ultimately has no effect on the companies bottom line.
    Are you new to Destiny? Because halfway thought the life of Destiny 1 it had MT's.

When they start selling power people are more then welcome to bitch. Atm its pink hats and people can chose to buy that OPTIONAL content that effects nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: Also I must say playing Destiny 2 via remote play to my vita was interesting.

Wish I could rebind the controls a bit better but overall its fun. Did a strike and ran around doing PE's.

Got some sources to back up such a statement?
    FTL recieved $200k through kickstarter and has been a massive success for a small 2 person team. Undertale got a little over $50k and has also been a massive success. Admittedly those kinds of budgets don't get you the most amazing graphics ever, but you can get a great game on the market for relatively little. Even games like Pillars of Eternity did really well from a kickstarter because they didn't try to over reach themselves.

When it comes using prebuilt engines, more and more studios are doing it. The Unity store page proudly boasts EA and Ubisoft amongst its customers, and even Hearthstone was made using Unity. Tekken 7, PUBG and Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice were all made with Unreal. Without the need to build game engines in house, nor the need to build a custom one for each new game anymore, the cost of game development has been driven down to the point where even hobbiests and students can get games published onto a storefront like Steam.

Also there is a massive difference between loot box's in Shadows of War and Overwatch/Destiny. Once again its cosmetic shit, when it effects the game you have a point. Sorry but Jim is outright wrong about cosmetic MT's.
    I was agreeing with him that we're on a slippery slope regarding loot boxes in AAA games. If they're "okay" in Shadow of War and they're "okay" in Destiny, it's not going to be long before they're "okay" in Final Fantasies, Marios, Starcrafts, Street Fighters and all of the other major franchises in their respective genres. From there it's only a matter of time before they trickle down to the rest of the genre too.

RNG Loot Boxes should not become the normalised for any full priced title. Ever. They're already charging you a fair price for their work, wanting you to pay extra on low-effort content is completely out of line as far as I'm concerned. Having "only cosmetics" being in loot boxes is only "fine" if you're not interested in cosmetics, but I wouldn't put it past some of the scummier publishers to start putting One time use Content-Keys inside their loot boxes too. There will be hell to pay when content that you enjoy is hidden away behind an RNG based paywall.

Are you new to Destiny?
    I was hoping to be. I do not own a PS4, so I missed out on Destiny 1. I was looking forwards to the PC release of Destiny 2, the game looks surprisingly fun for what it is. But as I outlined above, I do not condone loot boxes of this kind so I am going to spend the money on something else that catches my interest instead.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    FTL recieved $200k through kickstarter and has been a massive success for a small 2 person team. Undertale got a little over $50k and has also been a massive success. Admittedly those kinds of budgets don't get you the most amazing graphics ever, but you can get a great game on the market for relatively little. Even games like Pillars of Eternity did really well from a kickstarter because they didn't try to over reach themselves.

I was hoping to be. I do not own a PS4, so I missed out on Destiny 1. I was looking forwards to the PC release of Destiny 2, the game looks surprisingly fun for what it is. But as I outlined above, I do not condone loot boxes of this kind so I am going to spend the money on something else that catches my interest instead.
    Did you really just compare Undertale, FTL and other kickstarter titles to Destiny to try say development is cheaper now then before?

You actually just provided my point when doing so thanks.

FTL such a small indie game costing 200k, Now look at the scale of Destiny 2. Where just ONE voice actor could cost them that much. Yes more and more studios are using prebuilt engines and its cheaper on them. Square Enix is using Unreal 4 to make Kingdom Hearts 3, but you seem to think the game engine is the bulk of the cost when a lot of times it isn't. Destiny 1 had a 500 million cost and half was marketing alone... To be slightly fair Destiny is the exception not the rule.

Also Bungie is using a in house engine they made with Destiny 1. To Switch over to a new engine now would 1) make the game feel different and 2) cost them more then just sticking to the engine they already use.

If you don't want to buy Destiny 2 because of pink hats then that's on you. I am not going to tell you to buy something you don't want. But its a stupid reason to not buy the game. If this was Shadows of War I would 100% agree but its cosmetic hats.

Welcome to gaming in 2017 its not going to change anytime soon. You are going to miss out on a lot of good games if your breaking point is pink hats and DLC.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-09-09 at 12:49 AM.

However expensive development might be, it's clear that a very large portion of Destiny's budget goes advertising and promotion of micotransactions.

One way or another, there's no excuse for microtransactions in this day and age. To think that games are the cheapest they've ever been is pretty dumb when you can get triple A titles brand new for $12 on PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    However expensive development might be, it's clear that a very large portion of Destiny's budget goes advertising and promotion of micotransactions.

One way or another, there's no excuse for microtransactions in this day and age. To think that games are the cheapest they've ever been is pretty dumb when you can get triple A titles brand new for $12 on PC.
    Top bolded: Please show me where they advertised/Promotion the MT's because I have yet to see any of this.

Bottom: Its factual that games now are the cheapest they have ever been (To buy them). So I don't quite get your bottom post when you even prove that with ur post about buying them for $12.

Also your not buying brand new Triple A games for $12 on PC unless its coming from shady sites like G2A (and that's a debate for a different thread).

On a scale of 1-Diablo, how grindy is this game? It seems pretty grindy.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.