Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    3 chests = 3x of the raid shader, and 10x Emperor Calus Tokens. Out of the 6 people, only 1 person got an actual item. And it was an SMG.
    Ok, so it's literally mostly tokens and small chance of loot. Could be unfortunate but doesn't look really good from here - again i'm waiting for pc release. But i also am a fan of Borderlands so they could make the game drop "points" to buy stuff and i'd be still happy.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Ok, so it's literally mostly tokens and small chance of loot. Could be unfortunate but doesn't look really good from here - again i'm waiting for pc release. But i also am a fan of Borderlands so they could make the game drop "points" to buy stuff and i'd be still happy.
    I just found out that you turn in the tokens at a vendor in the Tower. But the vendor only gives you Engrams...

It honestly doesn't feel worth it to do the raid with the way the loot distribution is designed. May as well just do challenges and public events to get legendaries and exotics.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I just found out that you turn in the tokens at a vendor in the Tower. But the vendor only gives you Engrams...

It honestly doesn't feel worth it to do the raid with the way the loot distribution is designed. May as well just do challenges and public events to get legendaries and exotics.
    May be due to the speed/replayability factor. Is there a lockout for dungeons/raids? Also, the SMG dropped is definitely better than regular loot or not? Is there a more optimal way to gather Engrams?

I'm not going against your point, just trying to figure out the big picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    May be due to the speed/replayability factor. Is there a lockout for dungeons/raids? Also, the SMG dropped is definitely better than regular loot or not? Is there a more optimal way to gather Engrams?

I'm not going against your point, just trying to figure out the big picture.
    SMG's are arguably the worst weapons atm. Raids do lock out. If you defeat a boss, that is the only chance at reward for the week.

As for speed, it's hard to tell at the moment. Generally increased speed comes with increased gear levels. But if you aren't getting rewards, then there is no progress, which means no increase in speed.

They do Normal and Hard modes. Hard isn't released yet. Generally, you should be able to go in on week one, get a few rewards, and then return the next week and do better. However if you aren't getting rewards, this can't happen.

Additionally, if you are using Normal to gear up for Hard, and you aren't able to progress through, nor get rewarded in Normal, then Hard Mode will never be seen.

This is just a horrid design.

- - - Updated - - -

Also to add, this is a pretty common concern on the forums as well. Many are very disappointed with this raid. From there being only 1 actual raid boss, to the lack of rewards, to the death mechanics. This is just a badly designed raid, and I feel Bungie will end up making changes in the near future if they listen to their player base at all.
    Last edited by Kathandira; 2017-09-14 at 01:49 PM.

IMO about this raid is that it has two neat parts (won't spoil and only half way done so far). The looting is a joke and if they expect it to work in guided games then they need to nerf somethings.

The dog and chalice part is 200% not pug friendly. I still think they should have done a LFR queable mode and NM will likely be tweaked to fit this role with guided games.

As for no real raid boss, that's kinda relaxing. I like that there is more to Destiny then kill big guy who has adds. While I hate stealth in a fps, the dog/chalice parts are neat.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    IMO about this raid is that it has two neat parts (won't spoil and only half way done so far). The looting is a joke and if they expect it to work in guided games then they need to nerf some things.

The dog and chalice part is 200% not pug friendly. I still think they should have done a LFR queable mode and NM will likely be tweaked to fit this role with guided games.
    I think I got really lucky and ended up in a PuG of really good players. We honestly weren't struggling to stay alive once we figured out the mechanics. The majority of us were in our 260's. We had 1 dude at 284, the rest were under 270.

Well, i suppose it's good for PC - first impressions mean corrections for the future. Or not. I definitely need to try it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, i suppose it's good for PC - first impressions mean corrections for the future. Or not. I definitely need to try it.
    With all my pissing and moaning about the loot, I will say that the Raid is at least entertaining, and visually pleasing. I just don't like putting in hours of work for little to no rewards in a game that is all about loot.

With all my pissing and moaning about the loot, I will say that the Raid is at least entertaining, and visually pleasing. I just don't like putting in hours of work for little to no rewards in a game that is all about loot.
    What really annoy's the shit out of me is you can't go to the vendor unless you beat the raid. Even tho hes in the tower (you can walk right to him) you can't talk to him or anything until you beat it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    What really annoy's the shit out of me is you can't go to the vendor unless you beat the raid. Even tho hes in the tower (you can walk right to him) you can't talk to him or anything until you beat it.
    Exactly my issue too. If you are meant to use the rewards from earlier encounters to boost you up to the right level to face later encounters, how can you do that without getting rewards?

But! Apparently there are keys and hidden chests in the tunnels below the raid. I got one such key, but to open the chest, you need a few others with you to pull levers to open the tunnels. If I just get more tokens from that chest, I will flip out.

Exactly my issue too. If you are meant to use the rewards from earlier encounters to boost you up to the right level to face later encounters, how can you do that without getting rewards?

But! Apparently there are keys and hidden chests in the tunnels below the raid. I got one such key, but to open the chest, you need a few others with you to pull levers to open the tunnels. If I just get more tokens from that chest, I will flip out.
    I got bad news for you...... What you loot in the chests above is the same below. We explored that area before we did the raid.

You can get engrams from all the chests and they are power engrams so its likely a light level upgrade. But its not 100% drop, I think I only got one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got bad news for you...... What you loot in the chests above is the same below. We explored that area before we did the raid.

You can get engrams from all the chests and they are power engrams so its likely a light level upgrade. But its not 100% drop, I think I only got one.
    Worst Raid Ever.

Worst Raid Ever.
    I like the concept of the main parts, The rest I can't stand.

So tired of horde mode before each boss room..

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the concept of the main parts, The rest I can't stand.

So tired of horde mode before each boss room..
    It was fine for the first one. It was actually pretty epic opening the door. But having to reopen the door several times is B.S. but fortunately, you can skip that stuff if you want by using the tunnels. By doing so, it should shave off a bit of time between each "Boss".

It was fine for the first one. It was actually pretty epic opening the door. But having to reopen the door several times is B.S. but fortunately, you can skip that stuff if you want by using the tunnels. By doing so, it should shave off a bit of time between each "Boss".
    How so? Notice the only way into the rooms is to unlock them via the horde mode shit. I do hope they have another raid planned before the DLC otherwise this is going to leave a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths.

Slightly Off Topic: Destiny 2 sells is no where near Destiny 1.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...he-year-so-far

Destiny 2 is the new UK chart number one and the biggest game launch of 2017 so far - but physical sales were down by more than half compared to the launch of Destiny 1 in the UK. (likely across the board IMO)

Sales numbers leaked to NeoGAF - which Eurogamer understands to be accurate - list Destiny 2 as having sold 175k physical copies during its UK launch week, compared to Destiny 1's total of 417k.

There are multiple reasons for this shortfall, though. Destiny 1 launched on a Tuesday (9th September 2014 to be exact), whereas Destiny 2 launched on a Wednesday (6th September 2017), so Destiny 1 had 24 hours' worth of sales more than Destiny 2 for this comparison

10+ Year Old Account
    How so? Notice the only way into the rooms is to unlock them via the horde mode shit. I do hope they have another raid planned before the DLC otherwise this is going to leave a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths.
    You can use levers and secret passages to bypass the Horde Mode door unlocking parts. There are videos on youtube for it.

finally got the void spec for warlock

so how does the "consume your grenade energy" work exactly? Do I just hold L1?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Public Events on earth and strikes (PE's are quicker). Save your story quests (blue flag icon) for when ur light level 260.

Ontopic: Did about half the raid today, enjoyed it. But there is to much "Horde Mode" style stuff in it IMO.
    Eh? Story is flagged as Red for me. The Red War is anyway. Is there post 20 campaign or something?

- - - Updated - - -

I think Destiny 1 was just too big and made the impact. Destiny 2 won't make that same impact imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd imagine you REALLY need to wait till November or so to really get a solid handle on it. I'm picking it up for PC, and I'm not a Destiny 1 player. I'm not alone. And there's probably quite a few console players who may have chosen to hold off for PC as well, based on the much-improved graphical performance and better control scheme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Eh? Story is flagged as Red for me. The Red War is anyway. Is there post 20 campaign or something?
    Red War is fine. That will get you through the main campaign. There are additional story quests afterward which will have a blue flag. You'll want to hold off on doing those until you are 265 (Blue gear cap).