The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post

Final parts for my new build have finally arrived Looking forward to the weekend
    OOOOOO!!!

I can't wait to see pictures and hear about it!

What are the full specs?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    OOOOOO!!!

I can't wait to see pictures and hear about it!

What are the full specs?
    Overclocking atm, will probably get around to some pics later in the weekend (kind of too dark atm )

The specs are 7920X, 32GB RAM @ 3200MHz, 2x GTX 1080Ti FE SLI, 500GB Nvme SSD. Cooled by Corsair H115i and all crammed into the compact Fractal Design Define C.

And no I didn't fall into a pit of money. The specs are pretty overkill and insane, but for DaVinci Resolve (grading/editing software) it's almost justified, so it's a work computer placed at home with parts contributed by a very charitable boss

Atm I get OC 5GHz stable on 2 cores, but I'm setting up a policy for it to reduce to 4.6GHz while all are under load, simply because it gets too hot otherwise. I feared the 7920X with its low base freq out of the box would clock worse than 7900X but it seems it doesn't mind at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Overclocking atm, will probably get around to some pics later in the weekend (kind of too dark atm )

The specs are 7920X, 32GB RAM @ 3200MHz, 2x GTX 1080Ti FE SLI, 500GB Nvme SSD. Cooled by Corsair H115i and all crammed into the compact Fractal Design Define C.

And no I didn't fall into a pit of money. The specs are pretty overkill and insane, but for DaVinci Resolve (grading/editing software) it's almost justified, so it's a work computer placed at home with parts contributed by a very charitable boss

Atm I get OC 5GHz stable on 2 cores, but I'm setting up a policy for it to reduce to 4.6GHz while all are under load, simply because it gets too hot otherwise. I feared the 7920X with its low base freq out of the box would clock worse than 7900X but it seems it doesn't mind at all
    Really? The Define C? I know the Define C is a very nice case, as Fractal Design still hasn't sold out, (thankfully) but what kept me from getting it is it's *too* compact...

I really still want to be able to realistically speaking have space for 5 HDD/SSD minimum and then the spots for SSDs on the back of the motherboard tray. The C really cuts out a lot of room.

WHEN WILL THE DEFINE R6 COME OUT?!?!?!? :'(
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    I used to visit the rogue and warrior forums when I played wow, but I haven't played the game since 2014.

Then, I also used to visit the computer forum regularly but it turned into I could use a bunch of negative strong words to describe and I simply lost any interest because it's genuinely boring.

The only other place besides this thread was the anime chat thread, but we moved to Discord long ago and haven't been using our thread here regularly for ages (it still manages to be faster than this one).
    Theres a discord now?

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Android Oreo finally brought color management. Per app basis and needs to be updated but better than nothing. Come on Microsoft, you're the only one left out, lol.
    But it took away my dark theme!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? The Define C? I know the Define C is a very nice case, as Fractal Design still hasn't sold out, (thankfully) but what kept me from getting it is it's *too* compact...

I really still want to be able to realistically speaking have space for 5 HDD/SSD minimum and then the spots for SSDs on the back of the motherboard tray. The C really cuts out a lot of room.

WHEN WILL THE DEFINE R6 COME OUT?!?!?!? :'(
    Well it has room for two regular hard drives so I have put 2x 3TB WD Red in there. That it can’t fit more doesn’t bother me since I have a dedicated fileserver with tons of harddrives in the storage closet

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it has room for two regular hard drives so I have put 2x 3TB WD Red in there. That it can’t fit more doesn’t bother me since I have a dedicated fileserver with tons of harddrives in the storage closet
    But I don't want to make a fileserver, all that much. =/
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    But I don't want to make a fileserver, all that much. =/
    Then yeah you'll have to hold out for the next big Define

For a time I had two rigs running so centralized storage helped out a lot. And the PC I've kept now I have in the bedroom, so I turn it off while I'm not using which makes it awful to run Plex/Airvideo/FTP on. So it made sense for me to build a separate box for that. Also it's sometimes fun to tinker with

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe sometime.

I just want to know what Fractal is waiting for... Their cases are brilliant but nothing will ever be perfect. TTL as usual did a brilliant job pointing out what could be better in the R5.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I retire my current rig I'll be setting it up as a NAS. I want to replace it with a mITX, granted this'll be a year or something later anyways. I kind of have to if I go into an mITX anyways, I have 5 3.5 drives + 2 SSDs in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Starting to get bored of WoW again... dun dun dunnnn.

Meanwhile, I put in hours on Age of Empires: Mythology Extended Edition and Bejeweled 3, today. lol

I seriously can't wait for Age of Empires: Definity Edition and I am hoping Age of Empires IV is a solid return to form. I really wish they would give us Age of Empires: Online back, we paid for the game, at least let us play it offline... it was an always-online MMO-style RTS, and was a fun new thing, but I guess didn't catch on... enough? For Microsoft Studios to want to keep it up.

Anyways... Going to try and finish cleaning my basement, it's still a mess, but I always get bored. It isn't stopping me from enjoying computer games...
    "A flower.

When I retire my current rig I'll be setting it up as a NAS. I want to replace it with a mITX, granted this'll be a year or something later anyways. I kind of have to if I go into an mITX anyways, I have 5 3.5 drives + 2 SSDs in there.
    That's a lot of hard drives. I thought my 1 ssd & 3 hdds was a lot. How much storage does all that come out to, in the end?

I really wish they would give us Age of Empires: Online back, we paid for the game, at least let us play it offline... it was an always-online MMO-style RTS, and was a fun new thing, but I guess didn't catch on... enough? For Microsoft Studios to want to keep it up.
    I really dislike the fragility of games / software in general, these days. Yes, all the added features and convenience is great, but it really sucks when a piece of software you bought can no longer be used through no fault of your own. For example, if Blizzard decided to shut down Diablo 3 servers, customers would be SOL... where-as Diablo 2 would still be playable.* I also buy a lot of games on Steam, but I do have a similar worry with that.

* The other problem being the ability to play older games on newer OSes... code rot, essentially.

For all the limitations of books, they're not something that will become unreadable within half a human life-span due to technological advances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post
    That's a lot of hard drives. I thought my 1 ssd & 3 hdds was a lot. How much storage does all that come out to, in the end?
    240GB/250GB SSDs, 4x 2TBs and 1x4TB.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've gotten in the Age of Empires: Definitive Edition closed Beta!

- - - Updated - - -

Who of you wants to help critique my mic audio in a couple short audio files?

Message me and we'll figure out a way for me to send the files to you. Or I guess I could Google Docs them. Whatcha think?

- - - Updated - - -

In case any of you want to check it out! Finally a new video on my YouTube, just a chill, relaxed chatting video about what's been going on. Would love to know what you guys think of the audio quality, though!

Watch in 1080p60fps if you can.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay, SeaSonic's Prime Ultra removed the in cable capacitors. Instead of only on the Titanium models. Don't have to bother with getting a Titanium PSU just cause people want better negligible numbers. *cough* EVGA (Super Flower) and Corsair. Even Corsair falls under that except Titanium one iirc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay, SeaSonic's Prime Ultra removed the in cable capacitors. Instead of only on the Titanium models. Don't have to bother with getting a Titanium PSU just cause people want better negligible numbers. *cough* EVGA (Super Flower) and Corsair. Even Corsair falls under that except Titanium one iirc.
    Waaaaaaaaaait.

Does my Prime 750 watt have the in-cable capacitors? D:
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Waaaaaaaaaait.

Does my Prime 750 watt have the in-cable capacitors? D:
    No. This mainly applies to their non Titanium models.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh wait right, mine is a Titanium, not Platinum. Sheesh.

TOO MANY WORDS AND NUMBERS AND THINGS
    "A flower.

In case any of you want to check it out! Finally a new video on my YouTube, just a chill, relaxed chatting video about what's been going on. Would love to know what you guys think of the audio quality, though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ulj4-c9w6Eg

Watch in 1080p60fps if you can.
    I had to load up a couple older videos for comparison's sake, but this one sounds better. I want to say your old your old mic (Snowball, was it?) was clipping something, because it sounded harsher. Sorry, not an audiophile myself, so I can't really put it into words.

You mentioned pixelated renders (on other channels), and I've heard that can be difficult to combat because - even if it looks immaculate on your end - Youtube can manhandle videos once they get their hands on it. I've heard some people actually upscale their renders to a higher resolution to fool YT to use a higher bitrate or something.

Oh, and solution () so you can film using the SLR:
    * use the webcam to record the SLR's display and pipe the webcam's video stream somewhere you can see it

TOO MANY WORDS AND NUMBERS AND THINGS
    At least they're words - I've had to contend with alphabet soup at work. There is an internal webpage for looking up acronyms... and there are duplicates.

Also, I'm a pleb with a Gold (80) rated PSU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if I should get a WF-1000X. Granted it's not released yet. I like the idea of a all wireless active noise canceling IEMs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think I need help. There are a few thousand tabs.