Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Can someone listen to that audio drama and give a TL;DR if there's something interesting? I don't have the time to listen to it.
    You can read it here.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Jurassic4LIFE View Post
    How about the secret daughter of Aegwynn?
    Sister of Medivh? Well... don't think so lol. Would be nice though.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Sister of Medivh? Well... don't think so lol. Would be nice though.
    Let's not forget Med'an. Even though his existence is in limbo.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

7+ Year Old Account
    new audio dramas!

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Vankelmir View Post
    they made wow uglier, the world was a lot more beautiful back in vanilla

just because it had less polygons doesn't mean it was ugly
    but of course people have no taste and are impressionable children when it comes to things like that
    umm lower polygon's arent the only thing they improved. Texture maps have come A LONG way from 512, upwards of 4096 in some cases, but even 2048 textures show so much more detail, their hand painted textures have come a long way, every line on every baked countour and shape on the model is utilized. Wow zones are SO MUCH more beautiful now. but they are smaller. I agree old wow can be beautiful, the zones were large and far more exploring and those two things truly made it gorgeous.

Not only that but the character models. good GOD i can't look at the old models without a little vomit. Same goes for armor, because now we have 3D assets into what they use to try to paint in, and visual elements were DEFINITELY lost when they translated armor concepts into 2d formats, Im looking at you leg armor/belt models of yesteryear.

Then we can talk about water. how they pulled off such beautiful water is beyond me. please go look at the old water. please. come back and tell me its more beautiful than the procedural generated dynamic BEAUTY of today's water.

Then come animations. and im not just talking about the new spell animations, some of them are, eh, (looking at you shaman generic pull from the ground every spell) but im talking the dynamic grass, the mob animations, the fluid walk cycles, things dont just turn on a dime anymore. go watch the hydras in maradaun in vanilla. they literally turn 180 degrees without a skip, it looks terrible. Now things are on better paths, they have more fluid walk cycles (I'm not saying they are perfect, but they are FAR better)

NOW lets talk about architecture. old wow was LITTERED WITH THE SAME ASSETS. ever since panda land the buildings in this game are wondrous, again i am not saying things are perfect, but they are far more few and between the same buildings throughout everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Come on, it's a troll. Just don't give into it.
    Troll or not, polygons don't always mean more beauty, he is right about that, The amount of baking you can do after sculpting a model, painting it and then reapplying onto the lowest poly count you can for the final product does mean everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I think the art style is wonderful and they have improved a lot over the years. The cartoonish art direction is perfect for an old game with an old engine. It's quirky, charismatic, and pretty iconic. People who find it childish are way too insecure about their own maturity to enjoy it. But that's just my opinion
    I love this.

I can see alleria turalyon and lothraxion being the villains in 8.0.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    I can see alleria turalyon and lothraxion being the villains in 8.0.
    The audio drama pretty much confirms turalyon is lightforged and willingly let xe'ra corrupt him, thats why the light leaves his eyes when she dies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    From what i can tell from the new audio drama is alleria is pissed off at the light and turalyon is light corrupted, xe'ra did the same thing she was going to do to illidan.
    Not exactly correct, it's not corruption, he was more lightforged like the Draenei we see on Argus or just blessed. Xe'ra did offer to do the same thing to Illidan but Illidan rejected it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not exactly correct, it's not corruption, he was more lightforged like the Draenei we see on Argus or just blessed. Xe'ra did offer to do the same thing to Illidan but Illidan rejected it.
    It's corruption, same thing as any void or fel corruption, just the light. 7.3 shows us the light isn't good and pure

Also Argus is confirmed to be the emerald star, alleria and turalyon have known about it since they were stuck on draenor.

As for years in the nether, it's 100% unpredictable, example shown is:

1 week could be one month, or ten months, it varies and is chaotic.

- - - Updated - - -

Locus-walker is the only known master of shadow that didn't go insane, based on the audio drama, alleria is interested in him. She wanted to find locus walker, Xe'ra got pissed and told her to fuck off.

10+ Year Old Account
    On part II right now.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    On topic of that leak, I am on mobile and quotes are hard...
    One Word nub: Tapa Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Let's not forget Med'an. Even though his existence is in limbo.
    So aunt of Med'an?
    ______

What the hack are you all talking about. Alleria void Turalyon light Xe'ra light void corrupted light void corrupted Turalyon Alleria Illidan void light.

MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    So aunt of Med'an?
    ______

What the hack are you all talking about. Alleria void Turalyon light Xe'ra light void corrupted light void corrupted Turalyon Alleria Illidan void light.

BJ Speaks out of turn. Alleria is basically going a different path and Turalyon being well Turalyon.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well. I guess we found the Broken Shore of 8.0.

I mean if we hadn't gotten those Zandalar item strings and that Kul'tiras robe I'd say "wow, I can't believe they're going to do an underground expansion next." But we did, so I won't.

Still, this makes me wonder how Azshara-centered this expansion will be. Will this be like Garrosh/Gul'dan where The Wound and the Void are the bridges into the expansion that we wrap up in the first or second tier? Or will the entire expansion build toward fighting N'Zoth in The Wound a'la Garrosh in MoP?
    I hope to Hell we get an underground expansion eventually. I'm not sure if you're familiar with the Spider Kingdom fan concept expansion but its fucking fantastic. I'd be all over something like that.

Also as a side note something about that weird Chinese leak tells me that a large portion of it will be correct.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    This [the audio drama] sounds like the same garbage Lucas pulled with Star Wars. Giving any hack writer access to the IP then calling it cannon and scrambling to try and integrate that fanfic into the main universe.

[edit for clarification]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    This [the audio drama] sounds like the same garbage Lucas pulled with Star Wars. Giving any hack writer access to the IP then calling it cannon and scrambling to try and integrate that fanfic into the main universe.

[edit for clarification]
    It's still interesting to listen to.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post

[edit for clarification]
    How is it garbage? it barely changes much that we don't already know.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    I hope to Hell we get an underground expansion eventually. I'm not sure if you're familiar with the Spider Kingdom fan concept expansion but its fucking fantastic. I'd be all over something like that.

Also as a side note something about that weird Chinese leak tells me that a large portion of it will be correct.
    I don't really trust the chinese leaks unless they come from one specific person. That one didn't, and large parts of it come from the SPriest Dagger.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    "She saw herself kneeling before the one who slumbers beneath Azeroth's waves. She saw herself killing it and taking its place, leaving a throng of horrors to consume every nation."

One of the visions of Shadow Alleria had in the audio drama. While it seems like this was just one of many possible futures (or simply a false vision), it's still an interesting affirmation of N'Zoth. I think this fate might befall her sister, Sylvanas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasBlizzCon View Post
    "She saw herself kneeling before the one who slumbers beneath Azeroth's waves. She saw herself killing it and taking its place, leaving a throng of horrors to consume every nation."

One of the visions of Shadow Alleria had in the audio drama. While it seems like this was just one of many possible futures (or simply a false vision), it's still an interesting affirmation of N'Zoth. I think this fate might befall her sister, Sylvanas.
    Visions are visions after all but obviously it means N'zoth.

Warrior-Magi