Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    My bet is that we won't lose them, they will lose power, probably during the actual intro quest of the new expansion, not during a pre-event.

Alternatively Blizzard just says screw it with the explaination, you just get more powerful weapons and we nerf all the traits in a launch day patch.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by droidzone View Post
    Mark my words, but i think that 8.0 will include a variation of the AP grind. Maybe artifact weapons#2. AP grind is what moves legion forward. You always "have" to do somehting in game, in order to "progress". Removing it will be a step backwards
    If we don't get Path of the Titans I'll be shocked.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I recall correctly the pillars of creation were originally said to have been used to seal a wound below the temple of Elune. So maybe we'll use our Artifacts as stand-ins for the pillars for a similar purpose?

My guess is that with the items being used to seal the Legion portal indefinitely we will use our Artifacts to heal the wound in Silithus in a patch that bridges Legion to the next expansion.

my guess would be that we have to sacriface them to heal the wound in Silithus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schweddy View Post
    my guess would be that we have to sacriface them to heal the wound in Silithus
    I was about to say the same.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    I hope they change their minds and we keep them moving forward.

It was one thing to lose them to super powered alien weapons on other planets. It will be dumb to have them out shined by some random south sea pirate who dropped a toothpick that is now a dagger.
    You mean like the Outlaw weapons?

Sorry guys I haven't made it clear; I'm well aware that Blizz said artifacts won't carry on to the expansion after Legion, a post-dated mention but now that we have most of the Legion's end mapped by datamining, the "artifact weps will seal portal / world" theory went out of the window - and that's what the thread was about.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Sorry guys I haven't made it clear; I'm well aware that Blizz said artifacts won't carry on to the expansion after Legion, a post-dated mention but now that we have most of the Legion's end mapped by datamining, the "artifact weps will seal portal / world" theory went out of the window - and that's what the thread was about.
    Presumably as people have suggested they'll seal the wound on Azeroth, though not before all hell breaks loose.

I'm pretty sure our artifacts will play a pivotal role in the ending of the argus raid - no spoilers, and we will stop using them either post-launch or during the pre-launch event.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Presumably as people have suggested they'll seal the wound on Azeroth, though not before all hell breaks loose.
    I can see where this is coming from but I don't buy the Silithus version. I also believed after this said artifacts won't carry over that we'll use them to kill / seal Sargeras in an unison of Captain Planet moment, but since that's off the table (again: as far as we know it / can tell), I was wondering if they'll indeed carry over. I can see that happening.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can see where this is coming from but I don't buy the Silithus version. I also believed after this said artifacts won't carry over that we'll use them to kill / seal Sargeras in an unison of Captain Planet moment, but since that's off the table (again: as far as we know it / can tell), I was wondering if they'll indeed carry over. I can see that happening.
    I don't think they will, but... they haven't mentioned it for a while, so it's not impossible. I suspect even if Blizzcon has little on the next expansion, that question will be asked and answered.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    And most of all, I expect again insane clutter in our bags so half the playtime is managing the shit you collect. Just look how many different Artifact tokens there are...and kinds of follower equipment....
    I liked moving away from small, medium, and large fish, and fish meat.

But now, if I want to power up my fishing artifact, I have to keep a bunch of lures to get the bait I need to get the fish that power my artifact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    i had a great idea
    since we need a stat squish and to make the legendaries go away it would be so cool if some "force in warcraft" reseted the universe to a more simpler time, where no monsters and shadow and powerful equipment scared the land

in short, the stat squish would be so immense we would be back in vanilla wow with blues, noone would crit above 600 or 1000
    Honestly I would be happy with that, I'm sick of being a demi-god.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    i had a great idea
    since we need a stat squish and to make the legendaries go away it would be so cool if some "force in warcraft" reseted the universe to a more simpler time, where no monsters and shadow and powerful equipment scared the land

in short, the stat squish would be so immense we would be back in vanilla wow with blues, noone would crit above 600 or 1000
    we don't NEED a stat squish, there's absolutely zero technical reason for it, they're only doing it because people keep bitching and whining about "oh these large numbers." frankly the whole thing is a waste of dev time that could be better spent elsewhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    If we don't get Path of the Titans I'll be shocked.
    path of titans is long death.

That's because we haven't had Blizzcon's expansion reveal yet.
    I'd be sad to see the system gone entirely. A return to basic drops that are replaced each tier as far as weapons go, will feel lackluster.

Deleted
    now that we have most of the Legion's end mapped by datamining
    this is your FLAW right there we havent reached the end so the end of the artefact weapons couldnt have been datamined yet...

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you guys think about this?
    They said it at the beginning of the expansion, what do you mean "yet".

Will probably get new weapons early on in 8.0 during questing and artifacts and legendary's will just take up bank space at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicywiener View Post
    Lore wise players also don't exist, or at least we aren't that significant. Though nowadays players have gone from lousy peons scooping up poop to Malfurion/Thrall status. I think the only mention of heroes in the books is from Garrosh during his trial in War Crimes but I could be wrong
    Actually.... we still have to scoop up poop...for that one quest developer that has a scat fetish..