Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm pretty sure the first time I actually heard of it was with the release of Skyward Sword though honestly.

Granted, it's more of a grain of salt thing since it's not possible to say "The exact same people who hated the game are now worshiping it!", it's very possible that those people who hated it just moved on. It's still, however, funny to observe it. Similar to WoW expansions (except no one will say they liked WoD :P )
    it definitely caught on the most with skyward sword and i think thats because we now live in the social media age, it also probably has to do with how much time passes inbetween main zelda games. theres usually like 3 - 4 years atleast between games so kids who played a zelda game become old enough to go online and then theyre like "HeY gUyZ I lIek twilight prINCESS!!! iTs MuH fAv!!!"

my 6 year old nephew literally plays botw everyday (i dont know how this fucker did it with no help but hes somehow beaten 3 of the divine beasts now and only has vah naboris left and has gotten 160 korok seeds and like 80 shrines, THIS FUCKER CANNOT READ YET!) he'll probably be one of the people praising botw in a few years
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

my 6 year old nephew literally plays botw everyday (i dont know how this fucker did it with no help but hes somehow beaten 3 of the divine beasts now and only has vah naboris left and has gotten 160 korok seeds and like 80 shrines, THIS FUCKER CANNOT READ YET!) he'll probably be one of the people praising botw in a few years
    The game isn't exactly hard, the most infuriating thing is the motion control puzzles (which I'm surprised they didn't patch yet since nobody fucking likes them).

I still chuckle that people complain that the new crash bandicoot is hard. I beat that shit when I was 5 on the original and the original is harder than the new one.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The game isn't exactly hard, the most infuriating thing is the motion control puzzles (which I'm surprised they didn't patch yet since nobody fucking likes them).

I still chuckle that people complain that the new crash bandicoot is hard. I beat that shit when I was 5 on the original and the original is harder than the new one.
    Actually, the remake was a bit harder.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/5/159...iculty-jumping

I'd say the most glaring issue with Zelda is at first, you get the impression that everything's going to be super interesting to explore. After all, the tutorial area has quite a bit jammed into a small area.

Then, you finally leave it and find out it's a lot less jam packed, and far more open. I don't know about others, but that kinda did come off awkward to me. Like, the tutorial encourages killing the camps of enemies by crushing them with boulders and stuff, but then once you leave, good luck finding the like 5 camps that you can do that to.

So because of that, you come off with this feeling that you were suppose to have more, when in reality it was just the tutorial being packed so they can teach you everything. But it gives a wrong impression from that.

The game is extremely fun otherwise though. It's just not built for long, drawn out exploration I think.
    hopefully the sequel will be more condensed. imo botw is the most fun in the great plateue, eventide island (i just beat eventide on master mode with 3 hearts it took 3 days but it was awesome when i finally beat it) and during the master trials

ive been playing through master mode going full stamina run so right now i still have 3 hearts so i die in 1 hit against most enemies so its changed the way i approach fights and i definitely like it more than i did in normal mode.

what they need to do is make it more like dark souls difficulty wise as the game shines when its more difficult, add more variety of enemies. botw has the least amount of enemies of any 3d zelda game, and then bring back proper dungeons. what botw needs is a rushed out majoras mask version that just adds more shit to it
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Actually, the remake was a bit harder.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/5/159...iculty-jumping
    The game was rebuilt from the ground up. It's not like they ported the ps1 version and then gave crash more finicky jumps. He has different movement in the remake and the remake is balanced around crashes new movement. If you haven't played the original in YEARS you would never notice, if you just finished playing the original then jumped right in yea you would see a different.It takes 5 minutes to get use to crashs new movement, no really it's not that hard people just suck at games lol.

and polygon isn't well known for their reviewers to be any good at video games in general.

theres only 3 motion control shrines in the whole game and 2 of them can be cheesed by just flipping the platform upside down. if you really hate them that much just skip them they arent required for anything

and polygon isn't well known for their reviewers to be any good at video games in general.
    Good thing it wasn't only Polygon that said it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    theres only 3 motion control shrines in the whole game and 2 of them can be cheesed by just flipping the platform upside down. if you really hate them that much just skip them they arent required for anything
    They are required because I'm fucking stubborn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Good thing it wasn't only Polygon that said it.
    I'm glad news sites don't repost shit from other news sites

oh wait

what they need to do is make it more like dark souls difficulty wise as the game shines when its more difficult, add more variety of enemies.
    LOL no they don't.

We don't need Skyrim with Dark Souls difficulty with a Zelda skin. If u want a challenge then u got Master Mode. If that isn't enough play another game.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glad news sites don't repost shit from other news sites

oh wait
    Good thing it wasn't only just news sites that said it......
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

When people compare it to Dark souls I can't take it seriously.

"I died in crash more times than dark souls"

yea cause you're suppose to, that's why the game throws lives at you and you die in 1 hit and can't recover HP with a shit ton of checkpoints. Tis a platformer not a RPG

LOL no they don't.

We don't need Skyrim with Dark Souls difficulty with a Zelda skin. If u want a challenge then u got Master Mode. If that isn't enough play another game.

- - - Updated - - -

master mode isnt more difficult. the only difference between master mode and normal mode is enemies health regenerate if you dont attack them for x amount of time and every monster is a colour up from their original (oh and the floating platforms that are literally pointless)

ive been playing with only 3 hearts, i beat the hardest major test of strength shrine on the island before eventide and beat it in my first try. if you were good at the game before, bokoblins being blue instead of red doesnt make it any harder

- - - Updated - - -

and i didnt even have stasis+ yet

When people compare it to Dark souls I can't take it seriously.

"I died in crash more times than dark souls"

yea cause you're suppose to, that's why the game throws lives at you and you die in 1 hit and can't recover HP with a shit ton of checkpoints. Tis a platformer not a RPG
    Oh don't get me wrong comparing it to Dark Souls is really dumb. I'm just saying the remaster is harder then the original, It isn't Dark Souls level hard.

- - - Updated - - -

master mode isnt more difficult. the only difference between master mode and normal mode is enemies health regenerate if you dont attack them for x amount of time and every monster is a colour up from their original (oh and the floating platforms that are literally pointless)
    And they hit harder, You know the things that make stuff more difficult....

By ur logic Dark Souls isn't hard(er) then Skyrim, Things just hit harder then in Skyrim..

ive been playing with only 3 hearts, i beat the hardest major test of strength shrine on the island before eventide and beat it in my first try. if you were good at the game before, bokoblins being blue instead of red doesnt make it any harder
    I did that too lol. I just went to hyrule castle, snuck in and got the OP weapons in the castle and proceeded to wreck everything "hard" outside the castle lol

1) If they are not interested in Skyrim with a Zelda skin or Splatoon then there is no point in getting the system RIGHT NOW. Since Mario Odyssey comes out next month.

2) You don't get to hand wave peoples opinion about Zelda because of some form post. Personally I hated BOTW well before many others and it was right after release.

3) So your telling me people spent time with a game then formed a opinion of it..................SHOCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are damage controlling, Stop it. Zelda isn't ur best friend and nether is Nintendo, There is no need to defend them so much. Even more so when many others (Myself included) have outright said they like The Switch.

Right now it has little to offer.
    I liked Witcher 3. That is the highest bar for me concerning open world games.

BotW is no Witcher 3. It feels like only a tiny fraction of the effort that went into Witcher 3's world, got put into BotW's. >:
    German science is the greatest in the world!

The difference is you see it as a joke, Immitis see's it as reality.

See I had my issues with Zelda (I'm sure most in this thread have seen me post about it). But the biggest issue wasn't the weapon system for me (It was a part tho). It was the fact the game for me at lease confirmed a fear I had with it.

I was worried that the world would be massive but empty, Turns out I was correct. IMO they could cut out 1/3 at lease of the world and it would still be massive but more fun to explore.
    The best jokes have a bit of real sprinkled in! Just a bit though, like I said, it's more of a fun observation than an actual "YOU HATED MAJORA'S MASK AND NOW YOU LOVE IT". I'm sure it's more of just the vocal hate dying down.

They could have just added more camps even for the enemies. Or more minibosses. More reasons to push boulders into camps! Granted, there was reasons to explore for shrines, but really, you end up running into enough Shrines without having to.

it definitely caught on the most with skyward sword and i think thats because we now live in the social media age, it also probably has to do with how much time passes inbetween main zelda games. theres usually like 3 - 4 years atleast between games so kids who played a zelda game become old enough to go online and then theyre like "HeY gUyZ I lIek twilight prINCESS!!! iTs MuH fAv!!!"

Meanwhile, my girlfriend's dad asks for help on every shrine/divine beast lol

And they hit harder, You know the things that make stuff more difficult....

By ur logic Dark Souls isn't hard(er) then Skyrim, Things just hit harder then in Skyrim..
    ive gotten over 60 shrines, i have not experienced anything "hitting me harder" theyre a colour up. thats the only difference. they dont do more damage and if they do its a negligible difference.

blue bokoblins still only do 1 heart of damage to me unless they have a good weapon or their weapon is on fire, and if you DO get the chests on the floating platforms theyre filled with op weapons which negate the difficulty of them being higher colours anyways.

i dont know why im arguing with you about this though, you havent even played master mode for any meaningful amount of time despite you buying the dlc after vehemently saying you would never ever ever ever buy it, and then you sold your switch and lost any purchases you made on your system that you never get back

The best jokes have a bit of real sprinkled in! Just a bit though, like I said, it's more of a fun observation than an actual "YOU HATED MAJORA'S MASK AND NOW YOU LOVE IT". I'm sure it's more of just the vocal hate dying down.

They could have just added more camps even for the enemies. Or more minibosses. More reasons to push boulders into camps! Granted, there was reasons to explore for shrines, but really, you end up running into enough Shrines without having to.
    More of anything would have been great, At some point ill finish BOTW (Mite even grab the Wii-U version since I don't own a Switch anymore). Because at the end of the day I am a Zelda fan. But to me its the weakest Zelda I have played.

My best friend can not play video games for the life of him. He can't even hold down 1 button and press another button at the same time. He has to let go of the button.

We played MK8D together and I had to turn on both auto accelerate and wall hax for him. He's also one of those people that moves his controller around thinking it would do something.

ive gotten over 60 shrines, i have not experienced anything "hitting me harder" theyre a colour up. thats the only difference. they dont do more damage and if they do its a negligible difference.

blue bokoblins still only do 1 heart of damage to me unless they have a good weapon or their weapon is on fire, and if you DO get the chests on the floating platforms theyre filled with op weapons which negate the difficulty of them being higher colours anyways.

i dont know why im arguing with you about this though, you havent even played master mode for any meaningful amount of time despite you buying the dlc after vehemently saying you would never ever ever ever buy it, and then you sold your switch and lost any purchases you made on your system that you never get back

(Fanboy Mode Activated)

Master Mode is factually harder then normal mode... Your opinion means none. As for the bolded you do realize purchases on The Switch are tried to your Nintendo account right? Do you even own a Switch because that's Switch Basic 101. That is the one main thing they got correct with The Switch.

my nephew used to ask me for help but i figured at some point hes got to learn to do things himself or hes never going to be able to beat games. now the only time i help him is if hes seriously stuck, and thats pretty much anytime theres a quest without a marker (because he cant read yet, so while he knows what some words mean and can sometimes figure it out himself, if he doesnt know a word yet or what its trying to tell him he cant figure it out)

like i had to help him in the yiga clan hide out by telling him where it was and how to use the bananas

- - - Updated - - -

[/B]
    (Fanboy Mode Activated)

Master Mode is factually harder then normal mode... Your opinion means none. As for the bolded you do realize purchases on The Switch are tried to your Nintendo account right? Do you even own a Switch because that's Switch Basic 101. That is the one main thing they got correct with The Switch.
    its "harder" for the first hour or 2 until you get any of the op gear littered all over the game in master mode or get weapons with procs (which proc more frequently in master mode)

and do they? i thought it was just if you deleted your account on your switch you could just relink it

either way, you still flip flop and make fucking horrible financial decisions and constantly go against what you previously said