Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    It's just way more dynamic compared to quests though, they'll probably never remove these quests again as it'll remove a ton of transmog from the game but I can see then applying WQs and invasions to all leveling zones in the future. That means they wouldn't even have to scale the other quests as the WQs could be phased.

And it'd make leveling way more fun than it currently is.
    Phasing is a dangerous thing. You're separating the playerbase from being able to play with each other unless they have the same circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    That's some in-thread joke.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know why you persist in saying that Legion has more after you counted yourself that it doesn't (you miscounted in favor of Legion several times and I shown you where, after you correct for the miscounts the quantity is about the same and in fact MoP wins in places - you are trying to brush it off as different counting methods, but it is not that, you are strictly wrong and are not following your own criteria / making mistakes). But sure, let's not consume the thread.
    \O/ You're unreal. In your post, you counted a quest with the same name but two different objectives as a duplicate, where I wouldn't. Using your method(removing ANY duplicate named quest, even if different objective), from the 750 WQs(including rares, excluding professions), there are exactly 112 exclusions. 93 are duplicates, 19 are material turn ins. (Pg 1=7, pg 2=3, pg 3=4, pg 4=14, pg 5=11, pg 6=12, pg 7=54, pg 8=7). I excluded every Kirin Tor duplicate(even though different zones), duplicate WANTEDs, etc.

This leaves 638 WQs(EXCLUDING professions, INCLUDING rares/single targets), with MoP at 300-400. Go ahead and count. If this isn't enough, then I don't know what else to say. Legion strictly has more daily quests than MoP.

http://www.wowhead.com/legion-quests...35:109#700+1+2

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Phasing is a dangerous thing. You're separating the playerbase from being able to play with each other unless they have the same circumstances.
    It is, but it's also a wonderful thing. And separation isn't always a bad thing. Phasing is certainly a double edged sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I'm a bit confused here: if one year goes by on Azeroth and during that same azerothian year, a century happens on Argus, it should mean that time runs faster on Argus compared to Azeroth / time runs slower on Azeroth compared to Argus, right?(
    No, that means time runs faster on Azeroth, for exactly the reason you stated. 1 Azeroth year = 100 Argus years (random guess). Time must be moving more quickly there if a whole century goes by while it's only a year on Azeroth. If somebody was somehow watching Argus on Azeroth, everything would be going 100x faster there, right?

Or we can just use an example. Turalyon and Alleria fought the Legion for 1000 years, though on Azeroth it was much less time. If we use the same conversion above, they'll have left 10 Azeroth-years ago. So let's say we're on Argus for 1 year (from our perspectives, as people on Argus). When we go back to Azeroth, only around 4 days will have passed there, by that same conversion.

Short time on Azeroth = Long time on Argus. That's why the theory that we could go back to Azeroth and see it way in the future makes no sense. The only possible explanation for something like that would be for the flow of time in the Twisting Nether to be incredibly inconsistent, i.e. the rate of change compared to Azeroth could be constantly changing so that sometimes it's faster and sometimes it's slower. But that'd be a bit silly.

I'm confused by your posts because while you accept that 'short time on Azeroth = long time on Argus', you say that time is running faster on Azeroth. That doesn't make sense. Just imagine Argus and Azeroth are runners racing. The start point is 0 years, the end is a century. Argus gets there first, therefore Argus is running faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    \O/ You're unreal. In your post, you counted a quest with the same name but two different objectives as a duplicate, where I wouldn't. Using your method(removing ANY duplicate named quest, even if different objective), from the 750 WQs(including rares, excluding professions), there are exactly 112 duplicates exclusions. 93 are duplicates, 19 are material turn ins. (Pg 1=7, pg 2=3, pg 3=4, pg 4=14, pg 5=11, pg 6=12, pg 7=54, pg 8=7). This leaves 638 WQs(EXCLUDING professions, INCLUDING rares/single targets), with MoP at 300-400. Go ahead and count. If this isn't enough, then I don't know what else to say.

http://www.wowhead.com/legion-quests...35:109#700+1+2
    It's you who are unreal, dear. You changed the criteria again (LOL). It was "no rares and no duplicates" and now it is just "no duplicates". And you miscounted again (LOL). Include rares for MoP, they are not under regular quests, they are elsewhere. Once you include rares for MoP, you will end up at 500+. Now go ahead and claim that 638 is more than 500+ and enjoy your specially-constructed criteria. Just realize that this "win" is achieved by having more kill-a-rare quests, and the scale of the win is not big at all. And I find it pretty ironic that you are jumping here from one criteria to the next, constantly miscounting and constantly either plain losing or not winning much. When on earth are you going to say - "yeah, I guess you might be right here".

Quote Originally Posted by Caaethil View Post
    No, that means time runs faster on Azeroth, for exactly the reason you stated. 1 Azeroth year = 100 Argus years (random guess). Time must be moving more quickly there if a whole century goes by while it's only a year on Azeroth. If somebody was somehow watching Argus on Azeroth, everything would be going 100x faster there, right?

Or we can just use an example. Turalyon and Alleria fought the Legion for 1000 years, though on Azeroth it was much less time. If we use the same conversion above, they'll have left 10 Azeroth-years ago. So let's say we're on Argus for 1 year (from our perspectives, as people on Argus). When we go back to Azeroth, only around 4 days will have passed there, by that same conversion.

Short time on Azeroth = Long time on Argus. That's why the theory that we could go back to Azeroth and see it way in the future makes no sense. The only possible explanation for something like that would be for the flow of time in the Twisting Nether to be incredibly inconsistent, i.e. the rate of change compared to Azeroth could be constantly changing so that sometimes it's faster and sometimes it's slower. But that'd be a bit silly.

I'm confused by your posts because while you accept that 'short time on Azeroth = long time on Argus', you say that time is running faster on Azeroth. That doesn't make sense. Just imagine Argus and Azeroth are runners racing. The start point is 0 years, the end is a century. Argus gets there first, therefore Argus is running faster.
    That's the thing, I don't know who really is getting mixed up because we both agree on the finality, just not on the words and referential we use. If Azeroth is faster, then in a "neutral amount of time" you would fit many more years for Azeroth than for Argus. I completely understand your reasoning, I just don't see it like this.

Let me try to explain the way I see things : if we were to standardize things in "one standard azerothian" in order to use it as a comparison element. Now, imagine two mechanical traps, both allowed to work for the same amount of time, let's say 10 years. Each trap represents both Azeroth and Argus. Every year, the Azerothian trap allows one "file" to fall beneath it, let's consider this as a metaphor of a "standardized year" being finished. So, if 30 years in Azeroth are equivalent to 1000 years on Argus but at the end of this 10 years period you're supposed to fit 10 files in the Azeroth trap and 1000 files in the Argus trap, how do you do? Well the Argus trap HAS to make the "files" fall beneath it at a much faster rate than Azeroth (100times faster).

Consider that trap a metaphor for time. If we are to fit both 10 Azerothian years and 1000 Argusian years in the same "neutral" temporal interval, it means that time on Argus is going MUCH FASTER. It still seems like it's a 1000 years for people there, as time is relative. That's why we're gonna spend months on Argus and it probably will be only a few days on Azeroth.

That's how I see it, so either I'm right on this or I'm completely wrong and some "logical twist" didn't happen in my brain, it's all so confusing!

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    It's just way more dynamic compared to quests though, they'll probably never remove these quests again as it'll remove a ton of transmog from the game but I can see then applying WQs and invasions to all leveling zones in the future. That means they wouldn't even have to scale the other quests as the WQs could be phased.

And it'd make leveling way more fun than it currently is.
    Well, if they do something like GW2 with its events "invasions" could be very nice. WQ aren't, though. WQ are horrible when they're just usual quest rescaled. If WQ would be new stuff: great.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Keep in mind Blizzard tends to be bad at writing canon when it comes to anything time related. They could very well do a time skip on Azeroth, sum it up as "chaotic energies in the nether caused it" and not bat an eye at any resulting plotholes people point out.
    That's exactly how they explained it in the audio by the way, they said the twisting nether could warp time in one way or another (and Argus is within the twisting nether according to the same audio). So they could pull out a "TADAAA, now it's going the opposite for Argus and when you come back it will be +30years on Azeroth".

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind Blizzard tends to be bad at writing canon when it comes to anything time related. They could very well do a time skip on Azeroth, sum it up as "chaotic energies in the nether caused it" and not bat an eye at any resulting plotholes people point out.
    Interesting idea but I think it's best to keep the Twisting Nether as a place/realm that has no concept of time. Basically, time stops. So in theory a mortal or any cosmic being wouldn't *age* at all.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    can i be in too?
    what you all can do is give me some sort of signature (pm me with it, a picture made in paint of course or photoshop, any quality is good) and when blizzcon comes I will make the final rendition of the hype train with all of the signatures placed as some sort of border of the picture. how about that?
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    what you all can do is give me some sort of signature (pm me with it, a picture made in paint of course or photoshop, any quality is good) and when blizzcon comes I will make the final rendition of the hype train with all of the signatures placed as some sort of border of the picture. how about that?
    Can I send you my avatar and be on a train wheel or something?

It's you who are unreal, dear. You changed the criteria again (LOL). It was "no rares and no duplicates" and now it is just "no duplicates". And you miscounted again (LOL). Include rares for MoP, they are not under regular quests, they are elsewhere. Once you include rares for MoP, you will end up at 500+. Now go ahead and claim that 638 is more than 500+ and enjoy your specially-constructed criteria. Just realize that this "win" is achieved by having more kill-a-rare quests, and the scale of the win is not big at all. And I find it pretty ironic that you are jumping here from one criteria to the next, constantly miscounting and constantly either plain losing or not winning much. When on earth are you going to say - "yeah, I guess you might be right here".
    I didn't realize MoP rares had dailies attached to them that gave gear/rep/gold/currency. Oh wait...because they don't.

- - - Updated - - -

While it'd be cool to see this happen, I'd worry it'd be misconstrued as another time travel expansion of sorts. Could get messy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Can I send you my avatar and be on a train wheel or something?
    send me anything as long as it has a signature
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    What if 7.4 is Cthun Resurrected patch. 5 boss raid. World quests with cultists etc around Silithis?
    Cthun would be a nice bridge raid. A hope its a backdoor raid 2-3 bosses though.

send me anything as long as it has a signature
    I send u just a pic of my dog giving a high five, is that ok?

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Cthun would be a nice bridge raid. A hope its a backdoor raid 2-3 bosses though.
    Why would we waste C'thun in an expansion about the Legion and not use him in an upcoming Old God expansion? It doesn't make sense to give us unrelated enemies just to "introduce" the next expansion. At least no Old God. The thing with Halion... well that was okay but not really good, was it? I really don't see Blizzard giving us anything they could use in 8.0.X or later.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    I send u just a pic of my dog giving a high five, is that ok?
    Sure why not, but now that I think of it if I add everyone's pictures it'll be a mess. Maybe I'll add a signature of everyone that placed a comment on the thread and be done with it, I dont know, its still one month and some days until blizzcon.
    [/URL]

Cool. Now count the same number for Legion - "actual world quests excluding rares and profession related quests". You want to do your own count, sure, be my guest.

- - - Updated - - -

But dailies were in all zones and there were max-level zones added in patches.
    And Legion didn't add any max level zones in patches? Oh yeah that's right we got 3. Just because you didn't like them doesn't mean they don't exist. Dailies were in all zones? So are world quests. So tell me what kind of daily content you'd like to see? Because other than gather X, Kill X, or click on X (we'll just exclude pet battles and professions) I don't see much more variety they can add that doesn't boil down to doing the same thing. They could add puzzle content that you need to solve but we just end up having to do a bunch of stuff just to click on X at the end. It must be hard being you. You seem to be miserable all the time. No way to live your life.

Sure why not, but now that I think of it if I add everyone's pictures it'll be a mess. Maybe I'll add a signature of everyone that placed a comment on the thread and be done with it, I dont know, its still one month and some days until blizzcon.
    Pls T_T he rly wants to bethere, even if its just in a window on the train

Not trying to be arrogant but i must be on this image by the end.

Without me the alpha/beta threads would be 38% less as good.

The classics need to be added like me, paula deen etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Not trying to be arrogant but i must be on this image by the end.

Without me the alpha/beta threads would be 38% less as good.

The classics need to be added like me, paula deen etc.
    Hey, i found the druid name change to open it up for other animals