Imagine if the next expansion is named: World of Warcraft: Azeroth
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

They changed the description of the shirt!

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Sam View Post
    Someone is getting fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Someone is getting fired.
    Definitely this!

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Imagine if the next expansion is named: World of Warcraft: Azeroth
    It's probably what would excite me the most!

Quote Originally Posted by Xelium View Post
    Cool. I try to come up with an idea.. But I am always either blank or someone has written my thoughts already.

Realisation: This Thread should be a Sub-Forum.
    I’ve got a boring job and am addicted to wow atm and like everyone else in this thread I just want to know what’s next...

My personal theory for 8.0 is that the Void/light stuff will play B or C story thread like it was in Legion...and we’ll surprised the the actual main storyline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    I’ve got a boring job and am addicted to wow atm and like everyone else in this thread I just want to know what’s next...

My personal theory for 8.0 is that the Void/light stuff will play B or C story thread like it was in Legion...and we’ll surprised the the actual main storyline.
    I prefer the Light v Void story be in the background, not the main story. At least for a long while.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Maybe the bundles will be sub-races

Why buy each dwarven clan separately when you can get the Dwarven Clan Bundle?!?

Dwarven Clan Bundle

Includes access and customization for 3 dwarven Sub-Races

-Dark Iron
    -Wild Hammer
    -Frostborn

- features unique voices, dance emotes, and a special mount skin for each sub-race -

----

But seriously, I have no idea. Lol, and I also hope sub races don't come to their in-game store.

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Sam View Post

And it still says unholy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Here’s an idea: loot boxes containing character customization options.

edit: this is an awful idea why are people taking this seriously.
    Last edited by Ooid; 2017-10-11 at 04:32 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Honestly, this is pretty standard level Blizzcon-accidents. It's more mild than when they accidentally showed the WoD banner on the Livestream before the announcement.
    Remember how they spoiled D3 ending by having fem-Diablo in one of the trailers?

Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    Here’s an idea: loot boxes containing character customization options.
    Provided we get some options that are as cool as legendary HotS (and I assume OW, don't play) skins, I am fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Provided we get some options that are as cool as legendary HotS (and I assume OW, don't play) skins, I am fine with that.
    I don't understand it, why are people fine with microtransactions in a game based on a monthly fee subscription?

Do yourself a favor and delete your post.

Quote Originally Posted by nanoneo View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/2InxjKb.jpg

Globe on the huge boat in Thousand Needles. Haven't seen any globe in WoW with these three small Islands left of Kalimdor.

Any clue which these could be?
    That globe has been updated quite a few times. They can be found all over the world. Those islands on Azeroth's more vacant sea have been there for a long time as well. Currently, they have no name.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    I don't understand it, why are people fine with microtransactions in a game based on a monthly fee subscription?
    I never engaged in a micro transaction in HotS, it was just another gameplay reward, and one that didn't impact performance in any way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    Do yourself a favor and delete your post.
    Thanks for the constructive feedback

I never engaged in a micro transaction in HotS, it was just another gameplay reward, and one that didn't impact performance in any way.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the constructive feedback
    Yeah, that's fine for a game like HotS. Because it's free in every other aspect.
    WoW is not. And this kind of Lootbox/Microtransaction mentality is really starting to hurt the industry.

Yeah, that's fine for a game like HotS. Because it's free in every other aspect.
    WoW is not. And this kind of Lootbox/Microtransaction mentality is really starting to hurt the industry.
    I repeat, I got an acceptable amount of loot chests as reward for simple gameplay - so much so that I had forgotten it was even a paid option when I wrote that quote. I understand having issues with things being only accessible from the store, but I don't see a problem with giving impatient people shortcuts for money (so long as we are not talking about B2W). I mean, it obviously depends on what would have to be done in game, I would assume in the case of wow we would be speaking of a rep grind or something similar

I repeat, I got an acceptable amount of loot chests as reward for simple gameplay - so much so that I had forgotten it was even a paid option when I wrote that quote. I understand having issues with things being only accessible from the store, but I don't see a problem with giving impatient people shortcuts for money. I mean, it obviously depends on what would have to be done in game, I would assume in the case of wow we would be speaking of a rep grind or something similar
    That's a very dangerous rabbit hole. Let's take that example and use a rep boost - This would create the need for hardcore players to buy that boost in order to compete. Unless the rewards from that rep are non essential, in which case we just altered the game to make place for a cash grab.

The downside of this system is always bigger than any other advantage. At least from a players perspective.

WoW is not a system that supports this idea. If it switches to Free 2 Play someday, sure, whatever. But Pay2Play + Microtransactions does not bode well. At all.

That's a very dangerous rabbit hole. Let's take that example and use a rep boost - This would create the need for hardcore players to buy that boost in order to compete. Unless the rewards from that rep are non essential, in which case we just altered the game to make place for a cash grab.

The downside of this system is always bigger than any other advantage. At least from a players perspective.

WoW is not a system that supports this idea. If it switches to Free 2 Play someday, sure, whatever. But Pay2Play + Microtransactions does not bode well. At all.
    This theoretical rep would be solely aesthetic yes, otherwise I agree with you it would be unacceptable. At any rate I am not some ardent defendent of this idea.

Wasn't the suggestion for free boxes as quest rewards/drops? How did we go from that to microtransactions?