Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Shouldn't he be focused on the concussion problem instead of infringing on athlete's freedom of expression?
    I don't think you understand how freedom of expression protections work.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxsins View Post
    93% of black people are killed by other black people.

But white people are the problem. Clearly.
    Yes, black-on-black crime is a problem The unnecessary use of force by police officers, especially on black people, is also a problem. Both are issues that should be addressed. One should not try and use one problem to avoid talking about the other.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2017-10-12 at 01:37 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    There hasn't been a need for it until now. Unless of course the NFL doesn't want to remain in business anymore.
    So again you are ok with double standards.

I really hope they keep kneeling, conservative snowflake tears are amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    There are in the NFL players book.

Learn the difference between must and should. I mean they even use both words in the rules

FYI everyone "should" stand for the anthem.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxsins View Post
    93% of black people are killed by other black people.

But white people are the problem. Clearly.
    Oh look, a misleading statistic that has no real relevance to the actual topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, black-on black crime is a problem The unnecessary use of force by police officers, especially on black people, is also a problem. Both are issues that should be addressed. One should not try and use one problem to avoid talking about the other.
    One is a huge problem while one has like a .00008% of happening.

One is a huge problem while one has like a .00008% of happening.
    Well, both are pretty big problems. Black people shoot other black people at alarming rates. There is a culture that needs to be changed within young, black males. As for the use of force, officers are more likely to contact, place hands on, search, and use force on black people, especially young, black males. They are not more likely to shoot a black person.

Those are two separate issues, and both should be addressed. The problem comes when people want to bring up one, just so they don't have to talk about the other. Yes, it goes both ways.

I said he wanted to restrict freedoms. He said he did not believe me. I provided evidence and quotes to back up my claim. You'll notice that I did not say "rights," I said freedoms. You are the one who wants to add qualifiers that I simply did not say.

He called to challenge someone's First Amendment rights. You may think that's just a man running his mouth, but he also happens to be the most powerful person on the planet for the time being.

Now, if you want to continue moving goalposts, that's your problem. I stated claims, and I backed each of them up. Your attempt to deflect and dodge by moving goalposts is not my problem.

Nope, I did not support Obama, thanks for playing. I don't support authoritarians, no matter who they are, no matter what innocent people they wish to oppress. My claims have been substantiated, and I stand by what I said. You cannot refute them, you can only try and argue against something I did not actually say. Now, if you want to actually refute what I said, instead of trying to argue against what I didn't say, I wish you the best of luck.

Oh, look... another alt account. You guys really should try a different tactic, this one is getting old. Why aren't you posting on your main account?
    Well then your whole argument is stupid as Trump would be no different than anyone else in authority, since there are rules and laws everywhere that lim it our freedoms. I cant do whatever speed I want due to speeding tickets. I cant run people off the road who cant drive. I cant just scream and carry on in public places like a movie theater or a classroom. So Trump is no different than everyone else since the list of people ranging from world leaders to our parents have put barriers to complete freedom. I am also laying odds that nobody is thinking along those lines when they said that Trump did restrict anyones freedoms.

You might also want to do some more research before accusing someone of being an alt account or tell MMOC to change their rules to not allow new people to register on the website. When i signed up I didnt see anything saying you need to be registered for over a year before you are allowed to post. Of course now it sounds like you are trying to restrict my freedoms so I should treat you the same way you treat Trump I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    I really hope they keep kneeling, conservative snowflake tears are amazing.
    I know I love it to, I don't think anyone should take a knee but I support their right to that's the difference. The people pretending this is the end of the world make my day though.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    The national anthem is an act of unification. Sitting down is like taking a shit in the face of America and saying "Fuck you". America has recognized these football players making hundreds of millions of dollars from them and they have finally said "Fuck you too" by not watching.
    It might also have something to do with how many shitty teams there are this year.

Well, both are pretty big problems. Black people shoot other black people at alarming rates. There is a culture that needs to be changed within young, black males. As for the use of force, officers are more likely to contact, place hands on, search, and use force on black people, especially young, black males. They are not more likely to shoot a black person.

Those are two separate issues, and both should be addressed. The problem comes when people want to bring up one, just so they don't have to talk about the other. Yes, it goes both ways.
    They should be kneeling to address the issues in the black neighborhood and how your more likely to die at the hands of another black person than anyone else. Also the culture that thinks going to school and doing good is actually a negative. The media hypes up these officer shooting regardless of who is at fault and they happen very rarely. You could run black on black shootings just from Chicago several times a day but no one speaks about it in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonhawk View Post
    Well then your whole argument is stupid as Trump would be no different than anyone else in authority, since there are rules and laws everywhere that lim it our freedoms. I cant do whatever speed I want due to speeding tickets. I cant run people off the road who cant drive. I cant just scream and carry on in public places like a movie theater or a classroom. So Trump is no different than everyone else since the list of people ranging from world leaders to our parents have put barriers to complete freedom. I am also laying odds that nobody is thinking along those lines when they said that Trump did restrict anyones freedoms.

You might also want to do some more research before accusing someone of being an alt account or tell MMOC to change their rules to not allow new people to register on the website. When i signed up I didnt see anything saying you need to be registered for over a year before you are allowed to post. Of course now it sounds like you are trying to restrict my freedoms so I should treat you the same way you treat Trump I suppose.
    Trump just happens to be more authoritarian than most. That's why I don't support him.

I have no desire to restrict your freedoms. I'm merely calling you out for magically popping up into a random forum, then getting a hard on for a single thread. I'm sure you are not an alt account, and it's all just serendipity.

7+ Year Old Account
    There's no way in hell I will ever stand for the anthem or show any respect for the flag while we have the excuse for a president that we do. I will go out of my way to NOT stand and make it obvious, and tell anyone who gives me any shit about it to go procreate with themself.

They should be kneeling to address the issues in the black neighborhood and how your more likely to die at the hands of another black person than anyone else. Also the culture that thinks going to school and doing good is actually a negative. The media hypes up these officer shooting regardless of who is at fault and they happen very rarely. You could run black on black shootings just from Chicago several times a day but no one speaks about it in the media.
    Once again, why not address both issues separately, instead of trying to use one to avoid talking about the other? Are you unable to talk about both separately?

That's like saying that they should be kneeling for the Muslims being attacked and killed in Myanmar. One does not have to do with the other, and it is disingenuous to try and avoid talking about one, by bringing up the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Your not protesting racial injustice by kneeling or sitting for the nation anthem, your disrespecting the flag and those that fight for it.

- - - Updated - - -

if they acknowledge a problem then they have to start paying for it.
    Yea no, not at all. And I believe that as a veteran..

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    They're pretty much saying "Fuck Trump's bullshit, fuck this hate. This is to fight for the Minorities that are getting oppressed".
    Exactly right. They're no doing it to disrespect the anthem, or the flag, or what anything you would clam they stand for.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Meanwhile, last time I heard, a "Peaceful assemble" mean't that EVERY American would come together, and pledge their allegiance to America.
    I don't know who's feeding you that... You must have missed the day they talked about this in civics class.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_assembly

10+ Year Old Account

So we can only fix one issue at a time?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Why are people fighting for a flag instead of fighting for equality?
    Because it's not about the flag. These people and their false outrage are phony. Many of the same people who are pretending to be outraged over this are the same people that don't even want to know if there's collusion between the Trump administration and Russia. Even if there is a 1% chance you don't take chance with something as sacred as your country. But it's transparent. They're pretending to be outraged because it justifies their anger and hate. They're totally fine with people wearing a flag on a t shirt or underwear, or having it on a beer can getting smashed, but a peaceful protest that is a constitutional right? OMG the outrage.

Anyone who claims they're a patriot but doesn't see the biggest threat to the country is division and the actions and words that breed it aren't a patriot. I don't care how much you pretend to love a piece of cloth and a song. You're a traitor.

Once again, why not address both issues separately, instead of trying to use one to avoid talking about the other? Are you unable to talk about both separately?

That's like saying that they should be kneeling for the Muslims being attacked and killed in Myanmar. One does not have to do with the other, and it is disingenuous to try and avoid talking about one, by bringing up the other.
    Because talking about black on black crime has been pushed back since the 90s. Modern Black activists don't like talking about it because that would require doing something.

A wonderful parallel to the NFL protests. Only say there is a problem. Have no interest in fixing it.