Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Do you volunteer to be stationed in the middle of nowhere, patrolling a lake 24/7?
    Use AI and drones. Automatic turrets.

Automation is the future!

Do you volunteer to be stationed in the middle of nowhere, patrolling a lake 24/7?
    For a period maybe, what lake are we talking about?

Trump said it got 10 feet higher. 30 + 10 is 40, not 30. Why are they making it 30?
    Because those are the same walls we used in Iraq and Afghanistan, produced by companies that are conveniently owned by republican senators.

Man if only we had some enforcement officials in the water near our borders and along our coastal lines... something that could guard the coast. Man. OH WAIT- The Coast Guard is already a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Razorwire will slice through carpet mats.
    Actually, no it won't and that's not 'razor wire' that's barbed wire- Concertina Wire is something else entirely (and if it won't cut through rawhide gloves which is used to handle it, it's certainly not going to cut through a rug).
    Last edited by Mercane; 2017-10-11 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    For a period maybe, what lake are we talking about?
    31°19'53.0"N 108°51'56.0"W

That one for example. Google maps didn't even want to show it's name, I guess it's that insignificant
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    Actually, no it won't and that's not 'razor wire' that's barbed wire- Concertina Wire is something else entirely (and if it won't cut through rawhide gloves which is used to handle it, it's certainly not going to cut through a rug).
    Razorwire is barbed wire where the barbs are not sharp-sheared little points, but rather actual specially-cut blades (razors, pretty much- hence the name). Concertina Wire is just barbed/razorwire that is tightly bundled into a loop. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concertina_wire it's not something else entirely.

Also, rawhide gloves are way tougher than some cheap carpet. Carpet is just some dried adhesive and separate strands of string. Razorwire would poke right through it.

Razorwire is barbed wire where the barbs are not sharp-sheared little points, but rather actual specially-cut blades (razors, pretty much- hence the name). Concertina Wire is just barbed/razorwire that is tightly bundled into a loop. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concertina_wire it's not something else entirely.

Also, rawhide gloves are way tougher than some cheap carpet. Carpet is just some dried adhesive and separate strands of string. Razorwire would poke right through it.

Barbed tape or razor wire is a mesh of metal strips with sharp edges whose purpose is to prevent passage by humans. ... While razor wire is much sharper than the standard barbed wire, it is named after its appearance, but is not actually razor sharp.
    More recently barbed tape has been used in more commercial and residential security applications. This is often primarily a visual deterrent since a well-prepared burglar can breach barbed wire and barbed tape barriers in similar amounts of time, using simple techniques such as cutting the wire or throwing a piece of old carpet over its strands.
    Source

This magical wire with razor sharp blades you're referencing doesn't exist.

Does this look like barbed wire to you? Because it's not, it's actually concertina wire- the purpose of those 'razors' isn't to cut anything, but to get caught on clothing or military equipment and serve as a method of entanglement. It's just meant to keep people or animals out of a specific area, and it's most common method of deployment is to lay down 2 bottom spools, semi-loosely with another spool on top, so when someone or something becomes entangled in the wire they can be neutralized from range.

If you need to know anything else about barbed wire or concertina wire, or have any questions, I'm sure I can lean back on my decade of experience as a U.S. Army Combat Engineer and answer any concerns you might have. I'm sorry call of duty lied to you.
    Last edited by Mercane; 2017-10-11 at 09:23 PM.

For having a decade of military experience, you sure don't seem to understand that concertina wire is not a special type of wire, but rather it's just barbed wire rolled up. By the way, it doesn't matter what the wire is designed for (I am aware it's designed to snag clothing, for the record), if you put something over razorwire and then apply pressure to the material in question, you're going to have the sharp pieces of metal poke into it. If it's not thick enough (or strong enough) to resist the points from poking entirely through it, then you're going to have sharp metal exposed on the side of the material you're climbing over.

Also, the source you linked is literally the same wikipedia page I linked in my post. You have made one of the absolute worst posts I've ever fucking read on this forum and that is truly saying something. Goodbye.

For having a decade of military experience, you sure don't seem to understand that concertina wire is not a special type of wire, but rather it's just barbed wire rolled up. By the way, it doesn't matter what the wire is designed for (I am aware it's designed to snag clothing, for the record), if you put something over razorwire and then apply pressure to the material in question, you're going to have the sharp pieces of metal poke into it. If it's not thick enough (or strong enough) to resist the points from poking entirely through it, then you're going to have sharp metal exposed on the side of the material you're climbing over.

Also, the source you linked is literally the same wikipedia page I linked in my post. You have made one of the absolute worst posts I've ever fucking read on this forum and that is truly saying something. Goodbye.
    The pieces of wire that poke into the carpet help stop it slipping in fact.

If you really think that this wire somehow shreds carpet, I encourage you to find some and give it a try. I'd love to see the resulting video.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    You don't think 8 years is not enough for this project?
    Ahahaha, nice one.

Use AI and drones. Automatic turrets.

Automation is the future!
    If you have AI drones and turrets to man the length of the border, why do you need a wall?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Just put manned watchposts on the US shore with machine guns.

In some years the personnel can be replaced with drones so it won't be too expensive in the long run.
    Oh, so you'll just shoot the immigrants instead, that'll fly well

I hope you realise how silly you sound 3 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post

with the deplorable base? Yes that would fit with their world view of having a White Earth. Don't forget they are all genocidal maniacs.

Legally ofc it's totally out of the question

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post

Immigrants would be coming through official channels, not sneaking over the border.

Immigrants would be coming through official channels, not sneaking over the border.
    More sneak in by plane than by walking over a border.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Damn. Need to shoot down planes too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    No sneaking involved. The overwhelming majority come in legally and then never go home after their VISA is expired. A shore to shore wall is an enormous waste of money and a needless albatross around our necks. It's a token to appease racist flyover yokels, nothing more.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I look forward to you providing this "math" when you're unbanned.
    Haha, I'm sure he will lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Finally had a good look of the walls this morning. All look like standard concrete and steel walls. Not one transparent wall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Finally had a good look of the walls this morning. All look like standard concrete and steel walls. Not one transparent wall.
    Maybe it was there and you just couldn't see it.

And killing them is a crime. Dumass
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Maybe it was there and you just couldn't see it.
    Probably need new glasses.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    But nobody is saying the wall is the only answer. Trump also put forth a proposal for our visa system, that your side was also against. You guys keep saying no one thing is enough, but you are against all the things! Why not do them all?

Also, factually, the wall is free. If you look at the number of illegals that actually did cross, versus the over stays, and apply those numbers to the aid being received, the math is overwhelmingly on my side. That doesn't mean that most illegal immigrants are on the public dole, it just means those who are, would easily pay for this, if that money was reallocated. This is without even considering public costs, like schools.
    Holy shit TJ - are you really, actually trying to argue that a useless wall will be "free" because it will be retroactively paid for by the people it will prevent from getting in no long draining the welfare system?

Do I dare ask for links while I laugh hysterically?