Poll: How bored are you of WoW at the moment?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    But they could also drop BOA tokens. You can't take an alt to Argus and try and gear them. They just get shit on by mobs with 2-3x their HP.
    I've gone there on 2 alts in 810 gear. It's doable, but not fast. If I'd bothered to save unsullied gear, they'd have been 880+ when I went and it'd have been so much easier and quicker.

I don't know, Legion just feels very fast food like. Nothing lasting. The expansion felt "finished" just one year after its release and that's pretty bad. Sure it's the final patch but we'll most likely have to wait another 10 months or more until the next expansion gets released, I really can't see how we should spent this time with the pretty much worthless content we've got in 7.3.

I just burnt out way faster in Legion than ever before.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Argus was released too early.

Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    Argus shits entirely on Tanaan, Timeless, IoT and Quel'Danas.Period.
    Uhm no. Isle of Thunder is miles ahead of Argus and Quel'danas was far more entertaining and long-lasting than Argus is. Argus might be better than Timeless Isle and Tanaan but it's worse than Isle of Thunder and Isle of Quel'danas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Argus was released too early.
    I agree on this. The issue is that they're separating content patches and raid tier releases now. That's a flaw imho. They just should stick to the old .1 = raid tier, .2 = raid tier etc. and not delay it until .1.5 or .2.5.

They 77 day cycle is one of the worst things Blizzard has ever come up with. It doesn't work at all. 7.1 was released too early as well. They could have delayed every content patch by 1 or 2 months and release it with the raid instead of releasing the patch first and the raid two months later. Now we have to deal with the abysmal 7.3 for 12 months until the next expansion launches whereas it could have been "only" 8-10 if they would have timed content better.

Deleted
    We are not in mid tier lmao. We are in the last tier (xpacs have 3 tiers, and this is T21). Maybe is not the last patch, but it sure is the last big story/zones/raid patch, and kind of beginning of the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Uhm no. Isle of Thunder is miles ahead of Argus and Quel'danas was far more entertaining and long-lasting than Argus is. Argus might be better than Timeless Isle and Tanaan but it's worse than Isle of Thunder and Isle of Quel'danas.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree on this. The issue is that they're separating content patches and raid tier releases now. That's a flaw imho. They just should stick to the old .1 = raid tier, .2 = raid tier etc. and not delay it until .1.5 or .2.5.

They 77 day cycle is one of the worst things Blizzard has ever come up with. It doesn't work at all. 7.1 was released too early as well. They could have delayed every content patch by 1 or 2 months and release it with the raid instead of releasing the patch first and the raid two months later. Now we have to deal with the abysmal 7.3 for 12 months until the next expansion launches whereas it could have been "only" 8-10 if they would have timed content better.
    I'd take Timeless Isle and Tanaan both over Argus. It's not so much I don't like that the content that is on Argus, but getting around that place on multiple alts gets tiresome real quick.

As far as the patch cycle goes, releasing it early would be fine, if they added some stuff and updated it a bit when the raid came out as well. As it stands now, by the time the raid comes out you are pretty much tired of the zone part so the game breaks down easily back into raid/log out, unless you are someone that just has to keep 5-6 characters current.

As for me, I'm already in end of expansion mode. I have 3 classes to finish up ( another invasion or two and they will be done) and I probably won't bother gearing any of them as they tend to be the classes I don't really play.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    As for me, I'm already in end of expansion mode. I have 3 classes to finish up ( another invasion or two and they will be done) and I probably won't bother gearing any of them as they tend to be the classes I don't really play.
    Well, I quit Legion a month ago because I've done everything and I'm not interested in Antorus or the waiting time until we get something new. That's pretty sad. 7.3 kept me entertained for 1 week play time. That's nothing. Argus is so alt-unfriendly that I really don't bother going there ever again with any character than my main.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    I feel like most peoples issue that they have with this game is they turn it into another job. I'm always happy and excited to play, between work and college I have next to no free time, so I'm always jazzed when I can sit down and play for a little bit. Not to mention for the first time in ages there's a lot of shit to do, while all of it IS grinding, it's an mmo, it's what you do.

Here's some things to grind
    Flying
    Transmog sets
    Max level of each class
    Fishing artifact
    Mounts
    Rep
    Toys
    Gold
    Pvp levels
    Mythic+ dungeons
    Raiding
    Arena climbing
    Rated BG climbing

If none of these are fun for you/things you think aren't worth doing, mmo's really aren't something you should probably be playing. Play games like Overwatch/League of Legends where it's action packed from start to finish.
    So if i don't like the things on your list, then mmo's are not for me?

Have you ever looked at GW2. i don't have to do ANY of those things to enjoy GW2.

That list ONLY applies to wow. Not other MMO's. I don't play WOW any more and that is Because of the things you listed. I don't really care for those things and that is why WOW is not for me any more. But lots of other MMO's do have things for me to do and that is why you can not say "Then mmo's are not for you" You can say WOW is not for you any more and that is fine, because WOW is not for me any more.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

But they could also drop BOA tokens. You can't take an alt to Argus and try and gear them. They just get shit on by mobs with 2-3x their HP.
    This argument is more a learn to play issue than a terrible design. None of my alts got shit on and I'm just a fucking casual scrub.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    So if i don't like the things on your list, then mmo's are not for me?

Have you ever looked at GW2. i don't have to do ANY of those things to enjoy GW2.

That list ONLY applies to wow. Not other MMO's. I don't play WOW any more and that is Because of the things you listed. I don't really care for those things and that is why WOW is not for me any more. But lots of other MMO's do have things for me to do and that is why you can not say "Then mmo's are not for you" You can say WOW is not for you any more and that is fine, because WOW is not for me any more.
    It's very strange to respond negatively to his list by mentioning GW2. I mean, in GW2, there's significantly less to do than WoW, and there are much higher grind-barriers to doing a lot of it.

If you just log in and fuck around each day on GW2, then I have no idea why you can't do the same in WoW. That's genuinely confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    It's not like world pvp was removed from pvp servers, and with abundant cross realm there is probably higher chance to meet a player of opposing faction than when they had to add censers because every pvp server was woefully one sided with no crz in place, so no one to kill.
    Just gave a reason to do it and put everyone in one area so it could happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    It's very strange to respond negatively to his list by mentioning GW2. I mean, in GW2, there's significantly less to do than WoW, and there are much higher grind-barriers to doing a lot of it.

If you just log in and fuck around each day on GW2, then I have no idea why you can't do the same in WoW. That's genuinely confusing.
    There is less to do in GW2, then wow?. There is allways something to do in GW2, so no i don't just fuck around and the grind actually gives you something you can use

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    gw2 is ass, I played it for two years before dropping it. Their pvp system feels pointless, their gearing system is worthless, their raiding system was bad, and their dungeons were ass. the movement system was clunky, the crafting system was worthless, I could really go on...

As far as mmo's go, GW2 isn't even as good as GW1.
    But because YOU don't like it, doesn't mean that it's bad. It's just not a game for you. like WOW is not a game for me anymore
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    There is less to do in GW2, then wow?. There is allways something to do in GW2, so no i don't just fuck around and the grind actually gives you something you can use
    There is far, far less that's actually interesting/engaging/fun to do in GW2, and what you can do is less diverse, but the grinds are indefinite, I guess that's a "plus". I played it for quite a while and before it came out I thought it would be amazing, but it's gone steadily downhill from the initial "play your way!" concept to an ultra-grind-y, cash-shop-reliant game.

I didn't feel like the grind "gave me something to do", but I don't have 5+ hours/day to play like most serious GW2 fans seem to. I mean, that's the one big difference I see with WoW and GW2's more serious players - many of the WoW ones can/do only play 2-4hrs/day most days and sometimes take breaks for months or the like. Whereas serious GW2 players seem to be online 5+ hours a day, every day, for a long time, just either standing around in town, or grinding at this or that. Unless you're willing and able to join them, or willing to spend RL cash on gold, you're stuck in the kiddy end of the pool. But I've had this discussion lately and I'm not going to have it again at length.

7+ Year Old Account
    lol you must be bad :P i sent all my alts through argus no problem, judgement and group finder helps, aswell as idk sending your alts the tokens you get for alts?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The only thing to do on argus is kill rares. Most of the WQ involve killing rares.

People who raid don't need to kill rares, so for them, the lull began ToS opened.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah did OP collect all mounts / pets / transmogs (WQ+drops)? Plenty to do even if you don't look for "power"

Class hall to 950 also does take a bit of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Yeah did OP collect all mounts / pets / transmogs (WQ+drops)? Plenty to do even if you don't look for "power"

I had this stuff done weeks ago, Finished the follower stuff last week. I miss a couple mounts but they are recolours of ones i already have so not too bothered. At this point when it comes to Argus i log on just to kill the greater invasion bosses each week on my characters.

Unless you barely put any time into the game since Argus released you should have everything done already.

Already bored and thinking of unsubbing until next raid release. Have BiS legendaries so no reason to grind boring shit. Already cleared ToS countless times. Bored of Argus WQ grinding and exalted with army of light anyway.

Nothing else for me to do.

Only because the mission appearances are so fucking random. My alt has 4 followers at 950 already, while my main only has 5 at 925.

Nothing but random random random in this game. Might as well be called World of RNGCraft.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    I had this stuff done weeks ago, Finished the follower stuff last week. I miss a couple mounts but they are recolours of ones i already have so not too bothered. At this point when it comes to Argus i log on just to kill the greater invasion bosses each week on my characters.

Unless you barely put any time into the game since Argus released you should have everything done already.
    So you got all RNG chance weapons weeks ago? about 40 drops.

And then 3 plate and 3 cloth sets behind more RNG.

And then if you are completionist theres a WQ "set" like Garothi plate, wowhead lists it's 100% the same as unsullied gear but in fact it's a completely different color. Took a while to get the right pieces to show up.

I am nearly exalted Argus reps on 8 characters and been killing stuff dozens of times. Still not have all weapons.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-10-14 at 05:53 PM.

So you got all RNG chance weapons weeks ago? about 40 drops.

And then 3 plate and 3 cloth sets behind more RNG.
    I had 7 characters running Argus stuff so i have collected alot of things. Really doesnt take long to do a lap of the islands to kill the rares on alts once you know which ones are up. Invasion points are simple and pretty much soloable.