Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    Let's get some productive discussion going. So let's do this. Guess the features list of the next expansion:

3 Major features (e.g. Artifacts/New class or race)
    3 Mid-tier features (e.g. World Quests)
    3 Minor features (PvP Brawls)
    Major -

1. New Races (5 years since last faction specific races) (Personally I would like to see either something NEW or ethereal/naga or ogre/akarroa)
    2. New islands / Revamp:

South Kalimdor(Barrens, feralas and down, Feathermoon island has been fortified by the alliance, theramore rebuilt, meanwhile ratchet has been claimed by the biglewitle cartel, and goblin miners have blown through the mountians to create a “panama canal” into thousand needles allowing for a port and exploration of the drowned zone.)

Lordaeron(Menethil harbor and up, Menethil harbor has become a HUGE transportation city after Danath troll bane reclaims stormgarde keep, the horde Fortify Hammerfall and make southshore a large horde port that rivals Menethil harbor. Gilneas is reclaimed and the wall is repaired, and more things, possibly silvermoon relevance, Quel’thalas update)

3. Boats - 3 things out of this. Each faction has a naval capital. that capital is the new class hall (faction hall tho). You are able to send missions and boats off to missions;

1. you get to have a few types of procedural generated boat content, be that a sea battles, cave exploration, or faction stronghold infiltration. so there are PVE elements and PVP ones but both are "soft" pvp/pve content that can be solo'd OR grouped with up to 3 players with. look up "underground expansion The Division"
    2. You have a main travel boat to get you to the different islands / ports of the world. players boats show up in docks.
    3. Boats on the open water ( you can take the boat in and out of the harbor (this is how you go to start your missions, you leave port, head the direction of the mission, and then phase out into the "scenario") you can also tour around the continents. for quick travel, go to a port and fast travel like the vindicaar, for more varied, but more dangerous travel, take your ship to sea where you can be met by kraken creatures, pirates, but you may also find islands, , caves, and other treasures [technically speaking these can be seperate zones for exploration only, at max level, that have world quests attached to them] This also plays into making the faction hall look alive, you can see other players leaving / entering in their boats. Same goes for the port cities.

Mid-tier features:

See boats #3 it ties into the major boats theme but acts as more of a mid tier thing, the world quests specifically.
    New customization (tattoos, scars, new hair styles, light implementation of subraces[models already in game such as broken, taunka, , with promise for more to come]
    World quests for the whole world, go defend westfall and other places that are more rarely seen these days. (scale , lvl 18 sees level 18 enemies so on so forth)

Minor features:

Player Houses in Major Cities (multiple locations in every city, choose where you want to lay your head, ability to set hearth here. The actual “house” would be phased to players and their groups, but when looking out a window you see your live server) (unlocked through quests at end level, purchased with gold after the quest chain is complete.) (multiple locations as in tier options, for example t1 house in SW would be in the trade district / old town / dwarven district. T2 would be overlooking the SW docks, t3 would be a room in the mage tower. The same goes for each city. You can have all 3 teirs if you have the gold for it, and you can unlock the house in every city.)
    PVP 1 v 1 duels, either que or group up with a friend to duel in an arena with pvp abilities available.
    Permanent brawls, variations on BG’s with weather systems.

Quote Originally Posted by HasturKingInYellow View Post
    Almost a month before. Plus, the ending for Argus and Legion in general has been spoiled by anyone who will attend Blizzcon, since the shirt that is sold there describes the end of Legion.
    I doubt the actual shirt packaging has the spoilerific description the web shop had. If they have physical catalogues with that text on site, either accept defeat or reprint them.

World of Warcraft; Daughters of Wars

New races; Nagas and Centaurs

The REAL problem with leveling is the people who hate leveling successfully lobbied to make it incredibly easy. So now its boring. The cure is NOT to remove complexity which zone scaling most certainly does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Additional specs for every class would be a balancing/tuning nightmare - plus, these specs would be shallow and boring. Do you want another demon hunter?
    I’m on board (aaaaarrrgh mateyy) with all you ieas besides the additinal spec. I think specs arecwhere they should be atvthe moment . I love your high seas super carribean zone idea hope to see a version of that implemented in some shape or form

Small request: could you not full-quote long comments, or quote comments replying to more than one other comment and then only reply to one part of that? :P
    Even on mobile, editing shouldn't be too hard

Do it for this old cow *puppydog eyes*
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    None of these had huge lore impacts like the silithus wound. Blizzard can't ignore that plot point in the new trailer.
    Deathwing's defeat didn't have huge lore impacts?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulazibah View Post
    Major -

1. New Races (5 years since last faction specific races) (Personally I would like to see either something NEW or ethereal/naga or ogre/akarroa)
    2. New islands / Revamp:

South Kalimdor(Barrens, feralas and down, Feathermoon island has been fortified by the alliance, theramore rebuilt, meanwhile ratchet has been claimed by the biglewitle cartel, and goblin miners have blown through the mountians to create a “panama canal” into thousand needles allowing for a port and exploration of the drowned zone.)

Lordaeron(Menethil harbor and up, Menethil harbor has become a HUGE transportation city after Danath troll bane reclaims stormgarde keep, the horde Fortify Hammerfall and make southshore a large horde port that rivals Menethil harbor. Gilneas is reclaimed and the wall is repaired, and more things, possibly silvermoon relevance, Quel’thalas update)

3. Boats - 3 things out of this. Each faction has a naval capital. that capital is the new class hall (faction hall tho). You are able to send missions and boats off to missions

(MORE AWESOME IDEAS)
    ... this would be awesome. Though I -kinda- hope we wind up as members of "Racial Councils" rather than it being a general faction thing. Or councils of different races representing our interests on a general Horde Council, so that we do our own race-storylines while still working toward the overall goals of the Alliance and Horde.

It'd be great to see the Worgen players work toward reclaiming Gilneas, and turn it into a port city that becomes publicly available at the start of the next content patch, for example. Or the Forsaken doing much the same with Southshore or working to slow the Gilneans work to buy themselves time to find a way to save themselves. Humans heading to Stromgarde to help rebuild fallen Danath, and Belves working to rebuild Silvermoon and transfer it into the open world map. Same with the Draenei "Fixing" the Exodaar while the Orcs move to make war against the Nelves and we wind up doing Nelfy spy missions and assassinations of Orcish NPCs to slow their advance. Working with the Tauren to rebuild some of the different tribes of Kalimdor and fight against the Centaurs while the Trolls create a new Troll Capital City from scratch. Gnomes reclaiming Gnomeregan while the Dwarves seek to rebuild the Council of Five Hammers and expand their control of Dun Morogh outward to accommodate the new council members. The Goblins turning the Slums into a direct outpost of the Steamwheedle Cartel's operations in Azshara which goes from being the Trade Prince's Pleasure Palace to a full New Kezan.

Bring the WAR back to Warcraft through racial questlines tied to Allegiances and the recovery of that which each group has lost. That would be pretty freaking cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I mean, obviously we knew we were going to beat him being the end boss of the expansion. I don't see how this is comparable. It's not just that we kill a final boss (Which is still yet to be confirmed to be Sargeras). It's what the final boss does in the act of being defeated. Unless they release the raid prior to Blizzcon, which seems unlikely, this is a huge break from the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It didn't lead directly to the next expansion like Garrosh'es trial, Gul'dan's "escape" and likely Sargeras stabbing Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    2) New Mogging option to not have gloves on.
    "Hide everything!"
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It didn't lead directly to the next expansion like Garrosh'es trial, Gul'dan's "escape" and likely Sargeras stabbing Azeroth.
    Why are you assuming the Wound will have a direct impact into next expansion's premise?
    For all we know the Wound is in Silithus, while the datamined files point to Kul Tiras, one ocean away.

The Wound may very well be a long-term deal. Or not come into play until later in the expansion.

Deleted
    Already posted it in another thread but since thread is kind of sleepy right now maybe people would like to voice their opinion about what i'd like to see:

I always thought the old gods were literally the weakest of the void lords minions, considering cthun/yshaarj/nzoth/yogg barely have any void connection in their theme, and if im not mistaken in lovecrafts books some of those names are also the weaker generation of the outer gods(not to mention i remember reading somewhere they throw thousands of them through the great dark beyond, so they cant really be their next in command or smth). i could see them sending in another, way stronger and higher up in "void ranks" generation of gods with much greater ties to the void
    so basically lay off the void a bit in next expansion while explaining it(some alleria storyline along the way, or just make her vanish to train with the locus walker in preparation to be the main character for the expansion after), making azshara, pirates, ships and all the left over islands we havent seen(including zandalar) etc their next expansion and concluding the final raid with nzoth, and then send in the void themed old gods(could consume the leftover of nzoth/yogg/cthun/yshaarj) for the end of the expansion+leadup into the next expansion which could pave the way to coming close and battling the void lords
    TL;DR
    8.x Pirates, Jaina, left over islands, naga+azshara->Nzoth final raid "conclusion"(barely void themed expansion)
    9.x Stronger Old Gods(actual ties to the void) thrown onto azeroth leading into battling void lords(all around the void expansion)

Wound caused > people want the power > oh fuck.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    I actually really like this idea. I could see 9.0 being something like:

"As the battle against Azshara's forces threatens to turn the combined might or the Alliance and the Horde against one another, something dark festers beneath the Wound in the World."

Would be a good three expansion arc:

1. Azshara
    2. Underground AQ/AN/Ny'alotha
    3. Fall and/or purification of Azeroth.
    I’d love that! The last expac when we come back from the underground zones we discover Azeroth has completely changed!

Another angle to debate about will the raid come before blizzcon because of basically "spoilers" or not knowing what is happening with Silithus story arc etc etc. We have to be careful how long this raid will be out for right before the last patch before the next expansion actually hits.

Now Legion was announced at Gamescon in August 2015 to then release September 2016. 13 months, if that is the case, November > December 18 before the next expansion (ok that is a bit farfetched but work with me xD) that means the last raid and the last patch with is arguably just a Silithus scenario added has to got to last a very long time which they said they would not do.

Unless they are really good and kind to us and the beta will only be 6 months long and we see the next expansion by the summer 18 then i can't see them pushing through this raid to come out pre blizzcon. I think the raid comes out the maintenance day after blizzcon aka 7th NA 8th EU and then Mythic the following week, 14th/15th. Then February we get the last patch and then its countdown to Expansion release?

At this point in time, what do you think is the ultimate endgame for the IP? Are we talking about the Light and the Void being the ultimate endgame, or are we going with the awakening of the Titan within Azeroth as the ultimate endgame? Where will the story go? To me, the ultimate endgame is the awakening of the Titan spirit, and with the defeat of the Burning Legion, the Old Gods are the only thing that's preventing this from occurring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    At this point in time, what do you think is the ultimate endgame for the IP? Are we talking about the Light and the Void being the ultimate endgame, or are we going with the awakening of the Titan within Azeroth as the ultimate endgame? Where will the story go? To me, the ultimate endgame is the awakening of the Titan spirit, and with the defeat of the Burning Legion, the Old Gods are the only thing that's preventing this from occurring.
    At this point, Azeroth won't wake up, she may stay dormant for most of the characters in Warcraft's life time. May take thousands/millions of years for the Titan to wake up.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

My therapist told me I should tone down my toxicity if I wanna get anywhere anytime soon, so sorry to the people I've been toxic to on this forum. Honestly you probably deserved it though.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Why are you assuming the Wound will have a direct impact into next expansion's premise?
    For all we know the Wound is in Silithus, while the datamined files point to Kul Tiras, one ocean away.

The Wound may very well be a long-term deal. Or not come into play until later in the expansion.
    Titan blood is flowing around the wound. It's powerful and dangerous stuff, not something we as the Champions of Azeroth could just leave to sit there while we go to a vacation on Caribbean.