Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Nope. Just fear.

Cowards gonna cower.
    If canadian women -or any western women really - go to their countries, they must wear what their culture requires. So why is it racism, fear, etc etc to expect people to follow western culture when in western countries?

It seems people expect westerns to follow their rules at their countries but at the same time westerns have to be ok with them following their rules when in western countries? double standard much?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Insert epic picard facepalm here.
    That would also be a public worker whose face isn't visible. Good one.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Not that I'm excusing religious and cultural oppression, but...

I'm pretty sure most, if not all of these instances can be a government employee on some level, or at least a "public worker". You can probably find several dozen more examples.
    Most of those have at least one or more facial features on display.

Horrible comparison.

Good for Quebec. Any step that can be taken to oppose the ... philosophy... in question is worth it, no matter how incremental. Those who reject the fundamental principles of the Enlightenment and its offspring, Western Liberal Democracy, are not a good fit for the society of Western nations.

Unless they abandon their medievalist practices and assimilate. Then they are most welcome.

Someone's race/ethnicity is no reason to reject them and is fundamentally unjust.

Being wary of people because of their choice of philosophical direction is entirely legitimate. Judging people by their choices (rather than than inborn characteristics) is exactly how it should be done.

[Infracted]

EDIT: proud of this 1
    Last edited by Realitytrembles; 2017-10-19 at 04:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Horrible comparison.
    No, what's horrible is that the law was made based on a dumb loophole of the face being covered, and not directly, openly, honestly and righteously banning religious and cultural oppression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    No, what's horrible is that the law was made based on a dumb loophole of the face being covered, and not directly, openly, honestly and righteously banning religious and cultural oppression.
    The reason for that is because the debate surrounding this has almost fuck all to do with what you THINK the Burqa is, and rightfully so.

It's about being able to identify someone in public places and institutions.

Im curious. Does anyoone know how many terror attacks in recent history were performed by people with covered faces? I seem to recall most of them if not all were men with uncovered faces. That in and of itself seems to put the screws to the 'its for public safey' argument.

That said, Quebec is a whole different ballgame with regards to Canadian politics. Xenophobia is more noticeable their, and theyre constantly passing laws and making regulations that make functioning there without acknowledging french as the defacto master language impossible, or in some work situations, literally illegal.

Quebec has tried to leave Canada multiple times.

So yeah, not really indicative of the country as a whole.

It's about being able to identify someone in public places and institutions.
    Which you can't in many circumstances inside public places and institutions, as those pictures clearly demonstrated, and to demand that they not cover their faces would be detrimental to themselves or others, regardless of your irrational fears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Which you can't in many circumstances inside public places and institutions, as those pictures clearly demonstrated, and to demand that they NOT cover their faces would be detrimental to themselves or others, regardless of your irrational fears.
    Again, at least one or more facial features are visible in those pictures. None can be seen in a burqa.

Also, public workers and professions aren't the same thing. So again, shit comparison.

Again, at least one or more facial features are visible in those pictures. None can be seen in a burqa.

Also, public workers and professions aren't the same thing. So again, shit comparison.
    The same thing as what? They are people in public places and institutions. And good luck identifying someone simply because you see their forehead or cheek or eyeballs, all of which could have makeup/contacts covering them, thereby concealing what they actually look like.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-10-19 at 02:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The same thing as what? They are people in public places and institutions.
    The same thing as private citizens wearing things that cover their faces?

The only picture where you could say they're probably in public are the construction workers. Everyone else you either can't tell or they're working at their office/facility, which isn't public.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    aww, I thought canada was so wonderful and tolerant. Wonder when everyone's favorite posters will be here to play damage control.
    as a Canadian i find Quebec to probably be the most intolerant place for any one even other Canadians place is a hell hole.

working at their office/facility
    Public offices and facilities exist.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    in all things in this world that present a danger to a person, it is considered intelligent to take steps to reduce or remove risk from it. except this one issue. this one, is where all reason is expected to be thrown out.

i am not a fool, i do not intend to ignore the basic threat assessment that any simple beast is capable of.

it's like free handling sea kraits, the first ten might be lovely creatures to share time with. but it only takes one to kill you should it choose to. therefore i know not to take the risk of handling them in the first place.
    Death by burqa??

I had no idea they were weapons!

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    as a Canadian i find Quebec to probably be the most intolerant place for any one even other Canadians place is a hell hole.
    As far as I can tell from what I have read, they are quite tolerant of people, just not of some things people do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Public offices and facilities exist.
    And?

Are public workers that interact with the public as anonymous as strangers wearing burqas?

And?

Are public workers that interact with the public as anonymous as strangers wearing burqas?
    When wearing the above in the pictures, visually, yes, they are anonymous.

10+ Year Old Account
    When wearing the above in the pictures, visually, yes, they are anonymous.
    You're right. Doctors totes never introduce themselves when you go into their office for an appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Fear is a helluva drug.
    Cocklaphobia, jup, it is actually a real word.

You're right. Doctors totes never introduce themselves when you go into their office for an appointment.
    They arrive for surgery visually anonymous after you are asleep. Good luck identifying them while they are covered and you are asleep.