10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the Zandalari decided to wage war on Kul'Tiras(I might of said that several pages back) hence why we see those names in the files.

guys what do u think about this
    Nothing big like the datamining info, I'm sure Blizzard knows people want Ogres as a playable race though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    We've been discussing Tottle on IRC for a bit and that came up. The Tortollan name kinda makes sense.

I posted this before, but the theory is that Blizzard filtered out "Zandalar" and "KulTiras" because this is how we initially found the filenames for the Kul Tiras gear. It might have gone unnoticed otherwise.
    Could be.

Do we have any prior examples of gear being reused from prior expansions, though?

Since obviously the pattern used to be that "XQuest_Cloth" meant X = Expansion Name.

So wouldn't it be Interface\ICONS\INV_Sword_H_Kul'tiras_C_Blue.blp instead?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    guys what do u think about this http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...ayable-please/

he mentions ogres could it be a sign :P as well as halloween has naga murloc but also ogre and vyrkul masks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Maybe the Zandalari decided to wage war on Kul'Tiras(I might of said that several pages back) hence why we see those names in the files.
    I mean that's not a maybe. The Zandalari kinda declared war on all of Azeroth back in 4.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If the Zandalar stuff is from Throne of Thunder then it may just be unused NPC gear. As that stuff generally exists in game files, too.

It being icons is interesting, though....

And the timing.

Though I take it the Horse and Raptor models are encrypted? Obviously if we could see them it'd tell us a lot about what they are. CE items would be fancier than a standard Horse/Raptor to say the least.

Does make me wonder if the Zandalari join the Horde, though. That'd be utter insanity after everything Vol'jin did, though. Could indicate the Darkspear have an increased role, though...
    They could just make the raptor and horse mounts extra fancy because they are CE mounts? I mean the Felhound mount was literally just an upsized model with a saddle and armour.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Hey, in my defense, some guy was like "Keep that kind of politics out of my game!" and that's, like, -begging- me to express why the politics are already there and just presumed to be nonpolitical.
    That is quite literally the opposite of what that quote is begging for.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I would like to bring up (thanks IRC!) that there was recently a fat, round Turtle race introduced in Hearthstone:
    Please elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    Probably nothing just a CM joining in some friendly discussion. It does sort of line up with Jaylocks "leak" though lol

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG. I want an undeground sewer zone with turtle people. Then 4 turtle monks and their rat race monk master. We quest with them and defeat the evil human rogue shredder.

When did the doomsayers and mages disappear from Dalaran? Was it 11th or even sooner? Because if I remember correctly pre-patch stuff usually happened 4 or 2 weeks before patch went live (e.g. doomsayers/magni scenario before 7.3, broken shore mission before 7.2).
    Crimea is Ukraine!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    So what WAS the point actually? Did you just say Sylvanas has a sexy outfit, just to say it? You probably had a point. In universe it was explained (in her short story) the in life Sylvanas was very vain and proud of her looks. She probably still likes that she has one of the best cleavages in the game. Of course the true reason is probably closer to what Yoko Taro gave when asked about why YoRHa android run around in high heels. "I like girls"

Yes, keen obervation. Sylvanas is there as fan service for guys. Malfurion, Nozdormu and other shirtless guys are fan service for women.

And your point is?
    No. Malfurion, Nozdormu, and Illidan are not fan service for women. They're male power fantasies. Big strong powerful "Manly Men". Even when they're spellcasters or shapechangers or dragons they're still cut like Bruce Lee and built like Arnold. The Conan/Red Sonya thing I mentioned earlier.

Here's Hugh Jackman on the cover of Entertainment Weekly.

Quick! Are they marketing him to Men or Women? He's shirtless and sexy, right?

Here he is on Good Housekeeping, a magazine marketed almost exclusively to women:

No muscle mass in sight.

Big muscley hairy strong male fantasy, comfy, smiling, happy female fantasy. Doesn't Sex Sell? We put women in bikinis and press them against cars to sell hamburgers. We put men in skimpy shorts and firemen's helmets to sell foot long subs. Why would they put Hugh Jackman's sexy self in a comfortable sweater..? Why would Entertainment Weekly have him shirtless and flexing? It's because of the Fantasy it's meant to sell. And the XMen has always been a Power Fantasy, particularly for little boys.

My point on Sylvanas was another piece of evidence toward the catering toward dudes and how there being female lore characters in important roles doesn't automatically mean positive representation of women.

As to "She was very vain" she didn't exist. We both acknowledged that. She was created. "She was Vain" is just a lore excuse to dress her in something sexy and pretend that she chose it.

As to "I'm ready to stop when she does" does that mean you'll keep arguing until you get the final word? Or that you're going to stop trying to defend the game as somehow being pristinely apolitical when it's sooooo very much not?
    Last edited by Steampunkette; 2017-10-20 at 09:12 PM.

Could be.

Do we have any prior examples of gear being reused from prior expansions, though?

Since obviously the pattern used to be that "XQuest_Cloth" meant X = Expansion Name.

So wouldn't it be Interface\ICONS\INV_Sword_H_Kul'tiras_C_Blue.blp instead?
    I don't get the question, can you expand?

Huge Hugh Jackmans
    Could you not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    Probably nothing just a CM joining in some friendly discussion. It does sort of line up with Jaylocks "leak" though lol
    I doubt it points to anything. The CMs weren't even allowed in the WoW team photo a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    OMG. I want an undeground sewer zone with turtle people. Then 4 turtle monks and their rat race monk master. We quest with them and defeat the evil human rogue shredder.
    Dalaran Sewers, Legion.

Deleted
    yea, its hard to say, i know the guy is just joining the discussion and that theyre well aware the deisre for ogres, but i also think that he might have said that on purpose to subliminally say that ogres are next :P whooooooo knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I literally told him that I wanted him to leave this thread because he was constantly arguing and derailing so he replied to me and said he wouldn't be back until Blizzcon.
    You probably hurt his feelings.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I could see this happening... anything is possible after redridge
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean that's not a maybe. The Zandalari kinda declared war on all of Azeroth back in 4.1.
    Yeah but it was very short lived, we got more of it in Mist but the Zandalari's alliance with the Mogu didn't work out well.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Yeah, saw it right after. Thanks~
    Gender politics.
    Please take it back to off-topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I don't get the question, can you expand?
    We know the 8.0 gear is being filed under "Kul'tiras" in the game files.

Someone posted a few days ago now how all expansion gear uses the expansion title to filter it. So Legion, Draenor, Pandaria...

So why would Blizz need to kill gear that says "Zandalar" if the expansion is filed under Kul'tiras?

Just looks to me like them removing old ToT gear is likely housekeeping for stuff that players never got and they don't need icons for.

Deleted
    Hey, in my defense, some guy was like "Keep that kind of politics out of my game!" and that's, like, -begging- me to express why the politics are already there and just presumed to be nonpolitical.

Plus we need something other than the previous debunked leaks and arguments to push for 1250 pages...

Ooo! Zandalari stuff in the recent patch?! YUMMY! Between that and Kul'Tiras we're probably looking at the faction hub zoooooooones!
    then find something new to debate no one cares about ender politics we get enough of that crap every day via the news.