Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I would argue that the biggest hole in the subrace theory right now is still Nightborne not being neutral. I get what Blizzard is going for with the Liadrin connections but a lot of people will still be salty and offended that they joined Horde after helping them liberate their city as Alliance.
    Why would they go Horde? They should be Alliance or Neutral. Did I miss something?

I would argue that the biggest hole in the subrace theory right now is still Nightborne not being neutral. I get what Blizzard is going for with the Liadrin connections but a lot of people will still be salty and offended that they joined Horde after helping them liberate their city as Alliance.
    It could be like Pandas or more appropriately, Goblins. It's not ALL Goblins joining the Horde, just a faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    So then don't play one? Some of us like Warcraft Elves. Personally I think Orcs, Goblins, Undead and Dwarves are insanely boring but I don't berate others for wanting more of them.
    In Scarecrowz' defense, there is are only one of each of those races. If this speculation went through, there would be FOUR elf races.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Why would they go Horde? They should be Alliance or Neutral. Did I miss something?
    Because of that dumb dialogue on the Vindacaar between Liadrin and Silgryn.

In the recently updated racial database they are labeled as Horde to go with Highmountain Tauren. Alliance has Lightforged Draenei and "Void Elves" (theorized to be high elves that follow Alleria).

In the recently updated racial database they are labeled as Horde to go with Highmountain Tauren. Alliance has Lightforged Draenei and "Void Elves" (theorized to be high elves that follow Alleria).
    That would be one of the biggest FUs to Alliance/Night Elf fans.

Horde are working with Lightforged Draenei to defeat the Legion on Argus and they're going to Alliance....I don't see what the big deal is.

I'd say it's almost necessary for the Suramar's general Nightborne (not necessarily Nightfallen) population. They need the Sunwell now that the Nightwell is kaput (that one tree the Nightfallen have ain't going to cut it for the whole city's populace). Silvermoon is the closest major city to the Sunwell, and is home to another race who can help them cope with magic addiction and can empathize with the whole siding-with-demons thing.
    Stabby stab stab.
    Avatar courtesy of Kelly Aarons of woweh.com

Actually, call me insane, but are the introduction of two new playable Elf races Blizzard's way of adding new races for Demon Hunters?

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Horde are working with Lightforged Draenei to defeat the Legion on Argus and they're going to Alliance....I don't see what the big deal is.
    I mean, for one thing the Draenei already have a faction on the Alliance, and their last living racial leader is a member of the Alliance--where Night Elves are core Alliance.

Actually, call me insane, but are the introduction of two new playable Elf races Blizzard's way of adding new races for Demon Hunters?
    I’d pay for my Blood Elf to become Nightborne, the only good Elves, speculating to go to the only good faction.

they should, the horde don't need more elves, especially night elves - what is the point of nightborne on the horde? they provide ZERO. Fancy elven city? we got that, skilled arcane users? we got that - not to mention they are night elves! it looks like we got the bum deal - whiles alliance get void elves, which at least is something intersting and if i'm not mistaken, based on the blood elves - it should be a horde sub-race.

They're going to be more than salty, my house mates will be all over this when the news breaks - the biggest complaint i've heard from night elf fans is the shit crap they feel they've gotten 14 years of crap, and nightborne that represent their arcane empire, gave some hope of brighter/nicer more glamorous days by making some of their racial lore to the present, and now that's gone over to the horde, and meanwhile they get void elves who'd be dancing with humans in stormwind and completely neglecting night elves again - i can just hear it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    It could be like Pandas or more appropriately, Goblins. It's not ALL Goblins joining the Horde, just a faction.
    meh, i don't particularly care, i just don't like the thought of night elves on the horde. That may console the nelf fans, especially if they get to keep Suramar and the majority of the nightborne even in the lore, but it won't console me, cos they'd still be on the horde.. eeew.

Nightborne share very little similarity to Night Elves at all, despite their history: in fact they share more similarities with Blood Elves, as has been discussed in this thread.

Not to mention the Sunwell/Nightwell comparison...

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    I’d pay for my Blood Elf to become Nightborne, the only good Elves, speculating to go to the only good faction.
    blizzard should stop giving the horde elves, especially alliance orientated elves - and give us our own more traditional races. The blood elves should be a special snowflake on the horde - not re-write horde identity

Eh, Night Elves aren’t Nightborne. They don’t even look the same, minus skin color.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    blizzard should stop giving the horde elves, especially alliance orientated elves - and give us our own more traditional races. The blood elves should be a special snowflake on the horde - not re-write horde identity
    To each thier own?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nightborne share very little similarity to Night Elves at all, despite their history: in fact they share more similarities with Blood Elves, as has been discussed in this thread.

Not to mention the Sunwell/Nightwell comparison...
    Which is essentially a different version of the Well of Eternity that Night Elves used. Hell when Blood Elves were introduced the Sunwell was dead.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I can see them going Horde if - and only if - the Blood Elves become neutral - which, with the introduction of the void version of the High Elves, it appears may happen. Then, the Sunwell/Nightwell angle would be palpable.

If void elves can be made to look like proper high elves this will be my favorite expansion!!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We have a ton of evidence for them joining horde. Which is where subrace falls apart to me. They'd be a NElf subrace technically.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Which is essentially a different version of the Well of Eternity that Night Elves used. Hell when Blood Elves were introduced the Sunwell was dead.
    Right, but the SUNwell elves being on the same side as the NIGHTwell elves is some George Lucas-tier POETRY: it was used for the Night Elves vs Blood Elves before, and will be used again here. The twist being that this time they are on the same side.

I don't buy it.

Nightbourne I can see.

Lightforged Draenei and Cowmountain Tauren are just customization options, not new races. If it had been broken draenei and maybe yaungol I could have bought it, but not the other two.

And what in the fuck is a void elf?