Page 74 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    The estimated price is 379 - 399 euros here but no confirmed pricing as of yet.
    If it costs that much for you you're being ripped for pre-ordering with a guesstimated price.

Granted Denmark is a little overpriced comparatively but generally within 10 - 12% of the NL/DE.

So in this case your shops are simply trying to rob you and considering the EU HQ of ASUS is literally 3 minutes from my house and me almost having landed a job there I can tell you no shop can really tell you the price of the Maximus X Code/Formula just yet
    The z270 version cost about 320EU, so the start price should land at about 400-420EU wich is still alot for a Mobo

I was looking at the ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO. It's the same price as the Giga board, but the Giga board has more and better features, so right now it's still gonna be the Giga board for me. But if i can still not get a i7 8700k before mid December here in Denmark i might just wait for Cannon Lake
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    What are your gaming temps looking like? I'm considering delidding my 8700k :/
    I have my 8700K at 5GHz on 1.4v and my temps in games like Overwatch are in the 50s. And that's with a somewhat warm ambient room temp of 26-29c. I got a somewhat turd of a chip too, needing that 1.4v to hit that 5GHz. It actually runs a 1.38-1.39 volts with that 1.4v setting. I don't have an offset dialed in yet because of that. Seems like bad vdroop.
    Cooler Master H500P Mesh | i7 8700K@5GHz | CLC 280 | Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR4@3000MHz | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 | Samsung EVO 960 500GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | WD Black 3TB | AOC G2460PF 144Hz

Guys, I could use some help over here...

My old PC died, and I really need a new one, so here's my dilemma, considering I really wanted to go for the i5 8400:

Is it worth the waiting for the b360? What your experience with previous launches tells you?

I don't know if I wait for the motherboards or just buy a R5 1600.

Quote Originally Posted by toxicrusader View Post
    Guys, I could use some help over here...

My old PC died, and I really need a new one, so here's my dilemma, considering I really wanted to go for the i5 8400:

Is it worth the waiting for the b360? What your experience with previous launches tells you?

I don't know if I wait for the motherboards or just buy a R5 1600.
    Depends what you want, feature wise i don't expect B360 to be really that much more feature rich than Z370, maybe native USB3.1 Gen2 but i reckon that will be about it.

Getting a Z370 board also could have it merits though, as while you cannot overclock the CPU when its a 8400, you can still run higher speed memory, something that won't be possible on B360 as those boards will lock you at the max speed Intel specs at ark.intel.com for the 8400, prolly 2400MT/s or 2666MT/s.

On the other hand pulling the trigger on a ryzen 1600 won't be bad either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsnoN5dIPiE and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhc4blOJZeA are nice to watch to see the strenghts of the 8400 compared to some AMD offerings.

Could you guys recommend me some MoBos for Coffee Lake? I am looking for something along the lines of ASRock X370 Taichi, meaning good VRM and overall durable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Could you guys recommend me some MoBos for Coffee Lake? I am looking for something along the lines of ASRock X370 Taichi, meaning good VRM and overall durable.
    I haven't used Gigabyte for a while now, but on Overclock.net forums the Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 was listed as top tier for VRMs and seems to be quite afforable. Asus ROG range is usually also a very solid choice but generally higher priced. MSI's godlike seems to be a very solid board also, but the price is just too crazy.

What are some good budget motherboards out there for a 8600k ?

Something that has good OC potential.

130 to 180 $

my thoughts are on the asrock fatal1ty z370 gaming k6
    Last edited by a C e; 2017-10-22 at 02:55 PM.
    "It is always darkest just before the dawn " ~Thomas Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    I haven't used Gigabyte for a while now, but on Overclock.net forums the Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 was listed as top tier for VRMs and seems to be quite afforable. Asus ROG range is usually also a very solid choice but generally higher priced. MSI's godlike seems to be a very solid board also, but the price is just too crazy.
    Couldn't find Gaming 7, but Gaming 5 seems to be available. I wonder if they use the same VRMs in Gaming 5. Do you have any information on that? Comparison tool in Gigabyte's website do not show any difference. Also, last month or so, there were some problems regarding Gigabyte's firmware, even damaging the hardware. Did they fix it?

Couldn't find Gaming 7, but Gaming 5 seems to be available. I wonder if they use the same VRMs in Gaming 5. Do you have any information on that? Comparison tool in Gigabyte's website do not show any difference. Also, last month or so, there were some problems regarding Gigabyte's firmware, even damaging the hardware. Did they fix it?
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1638955/z...cussion-thread

Ongoing thread. Don't think there's any G5 vrm analysis yet.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2017-10-22 at 04:16 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    That was on their AMD boards and was fixed allmost right away.

The G5 and G7 uses the same WRM's
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

MSI Z370 PC Pro or MSI Z370 A Pro are nice

15+ Year Old Account
    after going through the thread on Overclock.net on best Motherboards, it looks like the go to board is the ASRock X370 Taichi

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    after going through the thread on Overclock.net on best Motherboards, it looks like the go to board is the ASRock X370 Taichi
    is there a coffee lake version around?

15+ Year Old Account
    is there a coffee lake version around?
    Yes. I just forgot to remove the X.

ASRock Z370 Taichi

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    MSI Z370 PC Pro or MSI Z370 A Pro are nice
    "<4 phases , or partially Unheatsinked (don't buy) :Asus Z370-P / TUF Z370 Plus, MSI Z370-A Pro , MSI z370 PC Pro, Asrock Z370 Pro4 , Gigabyte Z370 HD3, Gigabyte Z370M D3H , etc"

"<4 phases
    https://www.anandtech.com/show/11860...si-gigabyte/29
    MSI Z370 PC Pro and MSI Z370-A Pro

The Pro series consists of two motherboards, the Z370 PC Pro and Z370-A Pro. Both boards use the same six-phase power delivery found in the Gaming Plus.
    unheatsinked IMO only matters for the most extreme of overclocks

for 4.8 you are fine, for 5.0 probably too

anyway those are some of the cheaper Z370 boards while still of good build quality and providing everything that I personally could need in a mobo

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    https://www.anandtech.com/show/11860...si-gigabyte/29

unheatsinked IMO only matters for the most extreme of overclocks

for 4.8 you are fine, for 5.0 probably too

anyway those are some of the cheaper Z370 boards while still of good build quality and providing everything that I personally could need in a mobo
    https://level1techs.com/article/moth...si-z370-pc-pro

Looks like "6" means 3 with doublers, uP9508 3-phase Vcore + 2-phase VccGT. MSI's entry level boards are just poor.

As someone said in that thread "wasn't worth looking at anyway"
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2017-10-22 at 09:21 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    A little bit off-topic but also on-topic due to socket types:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe99_lsBTqo

This is exactly why I sometimes absolutely hate the crap he spews out.
    No logic... not even a single thought about how why or what or even if he's the one doing it wrong or right.

But the stuff stated in the video makes me cringe at the complete lack of brain capacity.
    "A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of fucks I do not give."
    - Kirito, Sword Art Online Abridged by Something Witty Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    A little bit off-topic but also on-topic due to socket types:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe99_lsBTqo

This is exactly why I sometimes absolutely hate the crap he spews out.
    No logic... not even a single thought about how why or what or even if he's the one doing it wrong or right.

But the stuff stated in the video makes me cringe at the complete lack of brain capacity.
    While he's not the most tech savvy tech youtuber out there this video is not not one of those: TR4 sockets manufactured by Foxconn indeed have a manufacturing defect, resulting in what he's describing in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U92ekiLjLng

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...ntion_bracket/
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B