10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Having to land on 'air' for it to register as a success just isn't enjoyable to me.
    Yup and that's where you reach the point of going "screw this", after all it's just a video game. No sense in pushing and wasting time while not having fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    hmmm seems Kelpie isnt a liar anymore now in english push means push and pull means pull.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Hmmm.. seems Kelpie isnt a liar anymore. Now in english push means push and pull means pull.
    And now we can watch me failing multiple times.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    And now we can watch me failing multiple times.
    hehe the group i was in found out the hard way he went to pull so we all ran in and he just pulled us in.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Finally got around to killing Shin EX. Really neat fight. It incorporates a few elements that I liked:

1) I like the tail/heart DPS checks. Even though they're insanely easy, (tail dies before I can even press a second GCD) it's nice having "adds" that aren't a designated stop phase like most encounters do (even this one does it too, later). I would like to see more adds periodically spawning in bosses in the future, and maybe have them tie not to a hard timer, but maybe more mechanics based.

2) I like the icicle mechanic. I wish it was a little more RNG than just 2 patterns and a fixed direction.

3) I like the platform breaking/tail slap mechanic. I like that there's even a "tiny" bit of randomness in it. Would be nice if there was a bit more though.

I was disappointed in the last phase. There's a lot of times where the boss just sits there and let's you pound on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Hehehe, agree; Rabanastre is definitely not a snooze fest. Week 2 and we still spent a good chunk of time getting through the second boss. I'd say he's definitely the hardest one in there. I like the fights quite a bit.
    So I did Rabanaste Sat morning. BOY was I wrong to do that:

1) I checked the other tanks, they're both sitting in Sword Oath, ok I'll MT no big deal so I hop in Shield Oath.

2) We pull first boss, and we wipe maybe half way through. Hardly anyone is killing adds (ACT verifies this, out of 15 DPS, only 2, FUCKING 2 of them did any damage to the toads, 4 people total on the damage table). No big deal we pull again.

3) When we finally kill the boss. I am #5 again on DPS. Sitting 100% of the time in Shield Oath. That's unacceptable. I was within 50 DPS of 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. If I was OT'ing in Sword Oath I would have been #1 out of 23 other people...

4) We wipe on the second boss at the sand orbs. I look in ACT at Sand Orb damage, and I just decide I have better ways to spend my Sat morning. I was #1 damage dealt to the sand orb. The next highest person did exactly HALF of my damage.

5) Out of 15 DPS, 5 of them did less than 900 DPS. Both tanks did less than 1500 despite being in Sword Oath full time. There were exactly 3 DPS who did above 3k DPS, and just barely at that.

THANKFULLY I got my gauntlets off the first boss, and I don't really need twines at this point (1 more would be nice, but not crying over it), so I just cut my losses and left. I'll stick to Tuesday's or pass for the week.

It's funny my week 1 run went almost flawlessly. We wiped on 2nd and 3rd bosses once, but everyone was there and pushing buttons. Once they saw it and understood we cleared.

Speaking positively here for a second:

1) I quite like the add/bubble mechanic on 1st boss.
    2) I quite like everything about the second boss. I like the add spawns, the room patterns, and the non telegraphed attacks.
    3) I hate the third boss' figure 8 AOE, but maybe next time I see it'll I'll know how to avoid it consistently. I LOVE the FFT attacks throwback though.
    4) Last boss was neat. Cool guy. Took me a min to figure out the opposite thing. Wasn't super clear.

Rabanaste is kind of weird in that runs seem to go super-smoothly, or are a total wipe-fest. There doesn't seem to be an in-between. Perhaps there's some minimum amount of skill/gear necessary, and once a group clears that threshold everything goes fine.

Also, it doesn't seem to be the day of the week, either. I tried on Tuesday, and we couldn't beat the first boss. Then I tried on Friday, and it was a smooth clear.

The general consensus is that the better players looking to get as many upgrades asap are going to hit the content as close to after reset as possible. I've honestly not had any experiences to really confirm such a consensus. Ran with a FC friend last night for their first time going through it, and while there was a wipe on each of the first 3 bosses, issues were corrected (including booting one particular douche nugget spamming /a about how great his dps was, among other things).

As much trouble as the second boss tends to give groups, I've found WHM to be absolutely godlike on that fight. Assize and Cure 3 are the real MVPs of that fight. Well, that, and people who don't let giant pillars land on their head.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    <snip>Bad 24 man runs<snip>
    You're just like..... a magnet for bads, Wreck. Like, nobody I've ever talked to has as much bad luck as you do in finder/roulettes. Did you anger a witch doctor or a voodoo witch or something? I think you angered a witch doctor or voodoo witch.

No idea what DPS was, that's never EEEEEEVER been a problem in 24 mans for me. DPS checks don't matter if mechanics are killing people. Don't care how good the DPS is, two of us ain't gonna cut it!

We ran Sat morning as well. First boss was smooth. Second boss...our group's problem was having 2 people that spent more of the fight dead than on their feet. Still, we managed to get it after about 4 or 5 attempts. Dunno what the primary issue was for other groups, but I think it was still dying to mechanics. I'll give us a free pass on the first wipe. Nobody put marks up to confirm where each group would handle their sand orb, so I know some groups wound up a bit off due to that.

Third boss was one wipe, fourth boss was a single clear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    The general consensus is that the better players looking to get as many upgrades asap are going to hit the content as close to after reset as possible.
    Tuesday has always been the best night to run. That's when all the progression raiders and would-be progression if not for casual schedules knock it out for the week, it seems.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2017-10-24 at 06:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxti...ature=youtu.be sooooooooo, if you wish to lvl a class from 20 to 50 in under a day squad dungeons is the way to go with engage archer spam

Question.

Looking into getting back into healing. Still deciding which one to play but just wondering what are the stat priorities for AST, SCH and WHM?

You're just like..... a magnet for bads, Wreck. Like, nobody I've ever talked to has as much bad luck as you do in finder/roulettes. Did you anger a witch doctor or a voodoo witch or something? I think you angered a witch doctor or voodoo witch.

No idea what DPS was, that's never EEEEEEVER been a problem in 24 mans for me. DPS checks don't matter if mechanics are killing people. Don't care how good the DPS is, two of us ain't gonna cut it!

We ran Sat morning as well. First boss was smooth. Second boss...our group's problem was having 2 people that spent more of the fight dead than on their feet. Still, we managed to get it after about 4 or 5 attempts. Dunno what the primary issue was for other groups, but I think it was still dying to mechanics. I'll give us a free pass on the first wipe. Nobody put marks up to confirm where each group would handle their sand orb, so I know some groups wound up a bit off due to that.

Yeah, eh? The groups I get tend to average around 3.5K DPS at the low end which isn't that bad for a roulette.

I have one rant myself when it comes to Savage/Extreme content. Who ever started that shit were you move around the square world marker to see who goes where can fuck off. I swear how hard can it be to know what side east and west are? It's utterly retarded.

edit;

https://imgur.com/a/qisQI

The ultimate coil weapons. That PLD, BRD and MNK one look awesome for me.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2017-10-24 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Question.

Looking into getting back into healing. Still deciding which one to play but just wondering what are the stat priorities for AST, SCH and WHM?
    Not a healing maestro here, but I go with crit > det > spell speed. You could opt for melding nothing but direct hit to get the most damage potential, but being that DH doesn't help with heals whatsoever, I go with the stats that help both damage and healing. Alternatively, you could flip det and crit there if you wanted to focus a bit more on damage output. There's no stat weights or such to use to evaluate the gear/stats at this point for healers. For WHM, at least, I'd aim to avoid piety as much as possible; unless you're ressing people left and right, WHM has virtually no issues with MP management.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Yeah, eh? The groups I get tend to average around 3.5K DPS at the low end which isn't that bad for a roulette.

I have one rant myself when it comes to Savage/Extreme content. Who ever started that shit were you move around the square world marker to see who goes where can fuck off. I swear how hard can it be to know what side east and west are? It's utterly retarded.
    It's just easier to toss up an A, B, C for groups A, B, and C when there are points that the whole group needs to be gathered in one place rather than:

Group A go south
    Group C go west
    Group B go east
    I missed it, where is A?
    South
    South
    South
    A is south
    C was east right?
    No, C is west
    Again
    A is south
    B is west
    C is east
    Crap, sorry, C is west and B is east.

The markers are quite useful for 24 random strangers to follow directions rather than typing everything out.

Maybe an ex GF cursed me? I could see that.

I do a lot of DF content, and it's not all bad, I just don't tell you guys about the super generic everyday stuff. I had a bad run in Expert roulette/Skalla where my WHM had 28k hp, and both DPS had 31-32k HP aka low geared. I said since everyones gear looks low I'll pull slow. WHM urged me she can handle it so I stuck to double pulls (except third leg bit). She healed them just fine, BUT they took AGES to kill. Both the RDM and the SAM were doing absolutely paltry DPS (they were ahead of me, BUT only on trash pulls and literally only barely, I'd retake the overall damage lead on bosses. I actually stopped at one point and just watched the RDM. She cast an ability like on average every 8s.

Stuff like this you'd consider a "good run", but to me, a dungeon run that takes over 30 minutes is not good, regardless if no one dies/wipes.

My first Rabanastre was rough, but expected. There were bads in that group too, there was just a better ratio of good to bad so it was a easy clear despite even me/others dying a few times. The example I gave was of nightmarish proportions, and based on some others testimony they had similar experiences too apparently.

Kinda like those 2 O3N examples I gave way back around launch. They were noteworthy because BOTH times It was almost borderline enrage. Both times a tank was #1 DPS. I had over 20 runs of normal players over the weeks.

Again, here you might consider a 9 minute 59 second clear of O3N "good" if minimal people died, but to me? That's embarrassing play.

I once had a BLM with a 320 weapon do over 5K sustained DPS across the ENTIRE dungeon. I was ecstatic. I even posted here about it. I post about the highs and the lows because that's the exciting stuff. If you were in this dungeon I'd probably bet you'd think it was just another plain jane boring run.
    Last edited by Wrecktangle; 2017-10-24 at 07:45 PM.

It's just easier to toss up an A, B, C for groups A, B, and C when there are points that the whole group needs to be gathered in one place rather than:

Group A go south
    Group C go west
    Group B go east
    I missed it, where is A?
    South
    South
    South
    A is south
    C was east right?
    No, C is west
    Again
    A is south
    B is west
    C is east
    Crap, sorry, C is west and B is east.

The markers are quite useful for 24 random strangers to follow directions rather than typing everything out.
    I meant for savage/extreme so Omega Savage. Also not those markers but...

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...017_172659.png

Literally triggers me.

Tuesday has always been the best night to run. That's when all the progression raiders and would-be progression if not for casual schedules knock it out for the week, it seems.
    I've made it an intentional thing to try and run the 24 mans on Tuesday or Wednesday for that very reason (the perception). I just haven't run into many groups that just flat-out struggled in nearly every aspect and couldn't finish the raids. Only time I recall having that was the first week or two of Wiping City. I'm thankful they didn't give into the cries to nerf WC back then and instead alluded to the idea that they did a terrible job tuning Void Ark and that WC was the level of difficulty to expect from 24 mans going forward. Dun Scaith produced it's fair share of wipes, and so has Rabanastre. People might be salty the first week...but geez, at that point, the shit's new to virtually everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post

edit;

https://imgur.com/a/qisQI

The ultimate coil weapons. That PLD, BRD and MNK one look awesome for me.
    The reason we do that is because by forcing people to acknowledge their positions they're:

1) Less likely to screw it up
    2) There absolutely no excuses that they can make as to not knowing position, etc. It also helps identify who is consistently failing and why.

100% of my O3S pugging runs that didn't do that ended in complete early phase failure, where as the one who did it, at least made progression. Anecdotal of course.

The waymarks are mandatory for 24m content, as well as a mention which groups go where and WHY.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    The reason we do that is because by forcing people to acknowledge their positions they're:

1) Less likely to screw it up
    2) There absolutely no excuses that they can make as to not knowing position, etc. It also helps identify who is consistently failing and why.

100% of my O3S pugging runs that didn't do that ended in complete early phase failure, where as the one who did it, at least made progression. Anecdotal of course.

The waymarks are mandatory for 24m content, as well as a mention which groups go where and WHY.
    Yeah OS3 it was helpful a lot.

I get why it's done but when I see it in O1-2S I just want to scream at the person who doesn't know what directions are. Heck that picture had one person who kept going on mine (east) even though he was south east or whatever...

Maybe it's just a personal pet peeve. My friend rages at me whenever I start raging on Discord about it rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I've made it an intentional thing to try and run the 24 mans on Tuesday or Wednesday for that very reason (the perception). I just haven't run into many groups that just flat-out struggled in nearly every aspect and couldn't finish the raids. Only time I recall having that was the first week or two of Wiping City. I'm thankful they didn't give into the cries to nerf WC back then and instead alluded to the idea that they did a terrible job tuning Void Ark and that WC was the level of difficulty to expect from 24 mans going forward. Dun Scaith produced it's fair share of wipes, and so has Rabanastre. People might be salty the first week...but geez, at that point, the shit's new to virtually everyone.
    Our first run of Rabanastre was on a Thursday and after the first wipe, someone commented "YOU GUYS AREN'T PERFECT 2 DAYS AFTER RELEASE?!" We all had a good chuckle.