10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    I'm convinced the Lordaeron Symbol is a representation of the next expansion, because:

1. The golden circle with the hieroglyphs around the Lordaeron Symbol is actually seen on the box art of every WoW expansion, and WoW only.
    2. So far during every past Blizzcon, art has been placed under the big screen at the same spot which were always a representation of their respective expansions at the time. In 2016 it was Legion, in 2011 Cataclysm-themed, etc. This was also always at the WoW PvP stage.
    Cata had literally nothing of the sort, it was just a bunch of big screens.
    Legion was revealed at Gamescom, also nothing of the sort.

Only expac reveal so far that remotely had any kind of related artwork built into the main stage was WoD, which had the statues from the Dark Portal on the sides of the stage.

Bear in mind that is NOT actually the main stage that the symbol was shown on, it's the esports/arena stage.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    The updated character models deserved to be in a patch as well. You hardly ever see them because you're covered in gigantic mostly ugly armour. Armour models have come a long way too but let's be honest, they still suck.

I am pessimistic these days. So many let downs have got me here. Legion could have been amazing. Demon Hunters could have been amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Also from Reddit.

"Drown yourself in a circle of stars".

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/File:Lorderan-flag.jpg
    Flag has already been brought up a bit ago, and also way back a long time ago. I don' think the updated races were patch material. A new race is also mostly covered by armor, and the new races also updated animations. Is a profile really that much more content?

Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    I know, I checked. The art thingy was the case with all PvP stages from past Blizzcons.
    Was it?

This seems(?) to be the stage for the Blizzcon 2013 arena finals (during MoP), and is the same graphic used for 2011 (the year MoP was announced) and the background is clearly not Mists, or Warlords.

Hey all! Is it Friday yet?

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Cata had literally nothing of the sort, it was just a bunch of big screens.
    Legion was revealed at Gamescom, also nothing of the sort.

Only expac reveal so far that remotely had any kind of related artwork built into the main stage was WoD, which had the statues from the Dark Portal on the sides of the stage.

Bear in mind that is NOT actually the main stage that the symbol was shown on, it's the esports/arena stage.
    1. I'm only talking about all past Blizzcons.
    2. I did say that this was always the case at the PvP ("Arena") stage at the past Blizzcons. You even quoted that part
    3. Cataclysm's PvP stage at Blizzcon, including that spot under the big screen at that stage, screamed its expansion-theme all over the place with fire and lava.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    If they want to keep this streak of good faith alive, they'll definitely have to do more than sub-races and revamped old zones, because while both of those are very cool, the initial excitement wears off pretty quickly. I was already pretty much over the new character models in WoD after a week, and that was literally the feature I was looking forward to the most.

And with the revamped zones in Cataclysm, it was more or less the same thing: it made me level a new character from 1 to 85 to see how the updated world looks, but after that I was over it.

Not trying to be pessimistic but neither of these things should be selling points of an expansion. They will definitely have to add at least a new race (it's been a while) or have the expansion filled with enough content and a compelling enough story that the addition of sub-races and revamped zones will just seem like a nice bit of extra, instead of being one of the main features of the expansion.
    They're going to need new models for Nighborne at least. I don't think calling the existing Nelf model a nightborne will fly and the current in-game nightborne have two faces. so subraces might not just be recolored existing models.

A revamped Lordaeron for leveling would be disappointing but progressing through a revamped Lordaeron for endgame zones could be just as good if not better than some of the ones we've gotten in the last two expansions.

I know a guy who knows a guy, and he said that it's a Lordaeron-based expansion... true story.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    I know a guy who knows a guy, and he said that it's a Lordaeron-based expansion... true story.
    What I coincidence! I also know a guy who knows a guy, and he said he doesn't play WoW and told me to get back to work.

I like your source better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    That reminds me: Did we ever find out what was up with all the crazies and the blue crystals in Stranglethorn?
    No, we never did. Hope they reveal something.

That lordaeron flag having a circle of stars is crazy i haven't seen that yet, makes me think the boy-king Ilgynoth line is definitely referencing Anduin as well, three lies hm

Its surface blazes bright, masking shadows below.

Wonder what that line is about any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Reiry View Post
    They're going to need new models for Nighborne at least. I don't think calling the existing Nelf model a nightborne will fly and the current in-game nightborne have two faces. so subraces might not just be recolored existing models.

A revamped Lordaeron for leveling would be disappointing but progressing through a revamped Lordaeron for endgame zones could be just as good if not better than some of the ones we've gotten in the last two expansions.
    I still see Nightborne as the most likely possibility; the Suramar storyline is near perfect setup for potential "new heroes" the only design issues I see are the nelf animation skeleton and they would have to make a "bare" model so gear can be applied as well, but there aren't as many hurdles as starting from scratch like the did with Blood Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    That lordaeron flag having a circle of stars is crazy i haven't seen that yet, makes me think the boy-king Ilgynoth line is definitely referencing Anduin as well, three lies hm

Possibly Xera, but we don't really know since it's so vague.

Sargeras' sword and the blood hiding Old God influnece below.
    <insert city here> (Kul Tiras) seeming fine and proud and thriving while Old God influence lurks in the shadows.
    Anything that is good/nice looking and is hiding Old God influence below.

100% silithus, the sword, and the old god shit below.

Am I the only one who thinks it's possible that they wrote the Il'gynoth/Xal'atath stuff to sound as spoopy as possible and they didn't have a solid, cohesive understanding of what their plans were around the time they were written and recorded?

'cause that's generally their track record.

Even if planned, I also doubt there aren't at least an error or two in there. Like "Sylvanas can't be who they're talking about, she's already died three times!" Yeah, but maybe some intern forgot that. OOOH, CHECKMATE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DKaizerX View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks it's possible that they wrote the Il'gynoth/Xal'atath stuff to sound as spoopy as possible and they didn't have a solid, cohesive understanding of what their plans were around the time they were written and recorded?

'cause that's generally their track record.

Even if planned, I also doubt there aren't at least an error or two in there. Like "Sylvanas can't be who they're talking about, she's already died three times!" Yeah, but maybe some intern forgot that. OOOH, CHECKMATE.
    Nah, they had an idea of what was gonna happen. No way the whole Silithus wound was thought of mid expansion.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Nah, they had an idea of what was gonna happen. No way the whole Silithus wound was thought of mid expansion.
    I didn't mean the wound. I meant writing around vague concepts after the fact, or reversed.

Chronological in-game order =! written order

"Hey guys, we know there's gonna be a big gash in Silithus or some other area because of Sargeras' sword, why don't we shove that in there with some other spoopy vagueness too?"

Don't get me wrong, I'd love if there was a plan, but I have like 20 years of history consuming things from the company that make me doubt.

Deleted
    Probably a stupid thought, but what if "drown yourself in a circle of stars" means "drown yourself in Lordearon" or more specifically "drown yourself in the Lordamere lake"? I know that geography in WoW usually makes no real sense, but Lordamere lake is quite atypical in a sense that it has a ring of islands in the middle. What could have created such a structure? Maybe the prison of N'Zoth is hidden underneath?
    Last edited by mmoc68075c9d69; 2017-11-01 at 01:39 AM.

this week has been so boring for me

friday is taking forever

I'll laugh if N'zoth isn't actually in the seas at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    As they've said, Azshara deserves an expac for her alone.
    So does Kil'jaedan.