Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    Which are dead.

Also Jaina is not shown in the cinnematic nor the reasons, all we know are 2 things: 1. Teldrassil is burned down, 2. Lordaeron is besieged.
    So what we also know is that Anduin is totally against war and a pacifist, so I really doubt that Anduin would be an agressor in this conflict. It doesn't make sense for his character.

We also know from the Book exerpt that Sylvanas craved for Stormwind making here very likely the agressor especially if we focus on her actions since the last expansions, she is outright evil.
    Undead*(kinda like those soldiers anduin resurrected)

Jaina isn't in the cinematic, she's in the trailer and we know she's gonna be the aggressor across the island, while it looks like Genn is the aggressor on land(and in Legion)
    And no, I don't think Anduin is an aggressor at all, he's the kind of character that would ask Sylvanas to be his friend after she murders a whole town of people, just like he wanted to be friends with Garrosh. I do think that he is being manipulated by Genn and Jaina and needs more Velen in his life.

And what book excerpt are you talking about? We see here, that the Alliance is outside Undercity and we see the Tauren, Trolls and Saurfang defending her, the same group that turned on Garrosh for his warmongering and evil deeds. If we focus on her actions of fighting the Legion and trying to save her people, while Genn and that admiral wasted good soldiers to try and kill her... we'd see the alliance is evil and would risk jeopardizing the world over a grudge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    Dalaran crashing into Orgrimmar would be wonderful
    it's ok, there's a giant metal fortress underneath it :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they'll keep Dalaran out from this expac. It's a wonderful place for having as a neutral faction hub. Given the nature of the next expac's theme, it will probably be pushed aside.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    Dalaran crashing into Orgrimmar would be wonderful
    As a bomb is the only use i could hope for Dal after this point. We as players are done.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Given that Jaina was kicked out and Khadgar is part of the council... don't count on it.

Dalaran is definitely going to remain neutral in the war. If they made it Alliance yet again it would feel very, very forced.

I'm more interested in how Khadgar will justify it to his old friends, all of which are obviously sided with the Alliance.
    Simply put, Khadgar is the closest thing Azeroth has to a guardian anymore, he doesn't claim to be, but he wields Atiesh and has been vital to the wars against both the Iron Horde and the Legion.

His ties aren't towards specific factions, nations or races, it's towards the people of Azeroth in general.

EDIT: Am I the only one who wants to see an anti-Horde/Alliance War by the neutral factions/races? Essentially the Cenarion Circle, Silver Hand, Pandaria, dragons and a few others like the Argent Dawn basically saying "Fuck this shit. We've had enough of your petty wars" and trying to force the Horde and Alliance into capitulation.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2017-11-04 at 03:45 AM.

A burst of magic illuminates the interior of the Violet Citadel, followed by another and another. People cower in their shops, and homes as spells are flung about. A final massive burst that blows out all of the windows of the citadel sends a figure flying from the front doors, past the steps to land with a bone crunching thud upon the cobble street. Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian clatters out of the hand of Khadgar. His face bruised and bloody, slowly he tries to rise reaching out to the staff when suddenly he cries out in pain. He slumps down upon the ground, the life draining from his eyes as a pool of blood grows around him. Jutting from his back a single massive shard of ice, Atiesh glows and vanishes reappearing in the hand of Jaina Proudmoore who stands atop the steps. The rest of the council lay dead save for Kalecgos trapped in a time spot spell. Sneering down at the corpse of Khadgar she spits at his corpse as Alliance soldiers march up behind her from a portal glowing in the antechamber.

"I have reclaimed what is mine, soldiers of the Alliance. Retake this city from the traitors, no prisoners." Raising the staff high Jaina vanishes in a flash of magic, soldiers racing down the stairs of the Violet Citadel as the camera slowly begins to pan upward the sounds of screaming starting to fill the air. Fade to black.

And that is how Dalaran rejoined the Alliance!

They'll probably be floating over Silithus going " O FUCK O FUCK O FUCK O FUCK!" and "STOP FIGHTING GUYS, OLD GOD MADNESS BE COMING!!!"

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Given that Jaina was kicked out and Khadgar is part of the council... don't count on it.

Dalaran is definitely going to remain neutral in the war. If they made it Alliance yet again it would feel very, very forced.

I'm more interested in how Khadgar will justify it to his old friends, all of which are obviously sided with the Alliance.
    She left warning not to trust the Horde.. And she was right the Horde have gone feral.. And will be interesting to see how Khadgar handles it all when he find out what the Horde are up to, we could see the Dalaran Purge 2.0..

Turalyon and Alleria are with the Alliance. Before they fought the Legion they fought orcs and considering how the Legion was behind the original Horde they may not see much difference.

But then you have Khadgar, a guy who hasn't spent the last 10,000 years at war and who actively has gone out of his way to broker peace between the factions for fear of the greater threat.

Since he's in charge Dalaran will stay neutral.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    A burst of magic illuminates the interior of the Violet Citadel, followed by another and another. People cower in their shops, and homes as spells are flung about. A final massive burst that blows out all of the windows of the citadel sends a figure flying from the front doors, past the steps to land with a bone crunching thud upon the cobble street. Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian clatters out of the hand of Khadgar. His face bruised and bloody, slowly he tries to rise reaching out to the staff when suddenly he cries out in pain. He slumps down upon the ground, the life draining from his eyes as a pool of blood grows around him. Jutting from his back a single massive shard of ice, Atiesh glows and vanishes reappearing in the hand of Jaina Proudmoore who stands atop the steps. The rest of the council lay dead save for Kalecgos trapped in a time spot spell. Sneering down at the corpse of Khadgar she spits at his corpse as Alliance soldiers march up behind her from a portal glowing in the antechamber.

"I have reclaimed what is mine, soldiers of the Alliance. Retake this city from the traitors, no prisoners." Raising the staff high Jaina vanishes in a flash of magic, soldiers racing down the stairs of the Violet Citadel as the camera slowly begins to pan upward the sounds of screaming starting to fill the air. Fade to black.

And that is how Dalaran rejoined the Alliance!
    I doubt it since she now looking after Kul'Tiras which is her homeland after all..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megas Elekmatos View Post
    I'm going to lean more towards she was kicked out. There was a vote. Mostly everyone went against her wishes. Then in a fit of juvenile rage she said sod off to the safety of Azeroth and went on her merry way while she was quickly and easily replaced.
    They did not agree with her vote, but she left, she was not kicked out.

- - - Updated - - -

While you're technically correct, she put forth an ultimatum so she essentially kicked herself out. It was her choice, of course. The important point is that she is no longer a part of Dalaran, and as such has no say as to what they do.
    you dont kick yourself out... you leave...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Yeah but only because she was basically like

You can't fire me, I quit!

She was tossed to the curb in everything but the literal sense.
    no, they were not going to kick her out... they said no to her vote, and she quit, they were not going to kick her out because she brought up a vote...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    wasent kicked out, she left.
    She ragequit.

Deleted
    Do we even know what happens to Khadgar? And our artifacts?

I'm concerned about the lack of info in this announcement. It made me check the date if it's not April 1st. But it isn't. We had halloween recently tho so maybe Anduin is wearing Worgen mask and it's just a thetre play, annual micro holiday just bigger? Troll level hard, Blizz.

The basis of the entire expansion is very, very forced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Yeah but only because she was basically like

You can't fire me, I quit!

She was tossed to the curb in everything but the literal sense.
    Except not really, she walked away on her own...no one was going to kick her out if she chose to stay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    They did not agree with her vote, but she left, she was not kicked out.

- - - Updated - - -

you dont kick yourself out... you leave...

- - - Updated - - -

no, they were not going to kick her out... they said no to her vote, and she quit, they were not going to kick her out because she brought up a vote...
    Obvious Jaina haters are obvious, she got a epic new model so she wins right there!

I expect Dalaran to move again to Silithius to contain the damage. But it's also stated that Silithius is now a battlefield so guess they will just ignore Dalaran exists next expansion like they usually do with stuff not fitting their narative.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

I think If Dalaran were to take a side Rommath has a contingency plan to destroy the entire city that has already backstabbed his people twice.

7+ Year Old Account
    alliance is causing this all teh way. genn is instigating it for personal gain and vendetta. and everyone is blaming it all on the horde. nice to see shits going back to normal . ill scrub teh alliance filth from the land for the glory of the banshee queen.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uh Blizzard most likely gonna butcher him making him an absolutely sidelined character. Which in fact is the bullshit writing. Khadgar is the practical man, he prefer to cockblock Sylvanas with awesome magic and bitch slap the Anduin to calm both sides down. But thats not the Blizzard way i guess.

The same thing with Turalyon. Why he is not among the main characters of the xpac? His status and past speak for itself. He should(!) be the main Alliance character in this war.

They finally release all those prisoners from the Purge, and Jaina responds by casting [Dispel Magic] on Dalaran's levitation buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    Put Jaina back in charge and kick out the pile of rotting corspes out of there !