Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Jesse Cox's interview with Ion is actually pretty cool. Ion seems like a pretty cool dude.
    To be fair, if I had to pick one guy to interview me, it would be Jesse. It was very lighthearted and actually felt like Ion was not very tense during their talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Yeah, it's interesting that they separated them in that way. Blizzard did say all the races had "introductory quests", but those could be level 110 quests for the Legion races. Or they might be 112.
    Nah, requiring people to level to 112 on their existing chars first to unlock an allied race to then boost/racechange to that race to continue levelling sounds very jarring.
    It's either 110, to let people unlock them before launch, or 120, when you have already levelled your main, and maybe depending on the Allied Race.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    To be fair, if I had to pick one guy to interview me, it would be Jesse. It was very lighthearted and actually felt like Ion was not very tense during their talk.
    Yeah, we would've noticed if Ion had hardened up, right?

But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Nah, requiring people to level to 112 on their existing chars first to unlock an allied race to then boost/racechange to that race to continue levelling sounds very jarring.
    It's either 110, to let people unlock them before launch, or 120, when you have already levelled your main, and maybe depending on the Allied Race.

God damn it, I really want an upvote system.

DEAD xD

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Since the ogres from WoD were playable quality, that's a stupid argument.
    I've pretty much have lost hope for ogres at this point, I'm just expecting more elves. The fanbase is obsessed with them

Atleast i've got everquest.

Would fit to have the Legion related allied races to be in prepatch/7.3.X content. Highmountain, Nightborne, Lightforged and Void Elves are all introduced in Legion, and their recruitment storylines would be just the kind of "expansion bridging story content" they have been alluding to.

Zandalari will naturally be only recruited after the events on Zandalar. Feels strange that Dark Irons would "join" only after the events on Kul Tiras when they have been trustworthy and active part of Alliance atleast since 5.3 (they really weren't trusted by the Ironforge and Wildhammer clans during 4.0-5.2). But I suppose that's just for parity's sake.

Jesse Cox's interview with Ion is actually pretty cool. Ion seems like a pretty cool dude.
    My god that was painful to listen to. Jesus Christ Jesse when you are interviewing someone (especially the effin Director of the game), let them answer your questions and don't interrupt them.

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    My god that was painful to listen to. Jesus Christ Jesse when you are interviewing someone (especially the effin Director of the game), let them answer your questions and don't interrupt them.
    We've already seen enough super serious interviews. I didn't mind it being more light-hearted and off the rails. No need to get upset about it.

Anything's better than Panser's voice *goes into Bear Form*
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

The most interesting bout the Jesse Cox interview to me is that the expansion apparently kicks off where the cinematic ends, right in the midst of the Battle for Lordaeron

Quote Originally Posted by Malagan View Post
    The most interesting bout the Jesse Cox interview to me is that the expansion apparently kicks off where the cinematic ends, right in the midst of the Battle for Lordaeron
    I got the feeling this is actually even part of the pre-event. That, or it's Teldrassil in 8.0, and Lordaeron as the initial quests - disconnect for players returning later, though, and it sounds weird for the Alliance to take Lordaeron/UC and then go "ok, off to Kul'Tiras!".

Should also be noted that every expansion cinematic seemed to take place during/before the pre-patch, or even kick off these events (Cataclysm)
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2017-11-06 at 02:43 PM.

We've already seen enough super serious interviews. I didn't mind it being more light-hearted and off the rails. No need to get upset about it.
    its just their opinion. and it is pretty fucked up that in these days that youtubers utilize clickbait , bad descriptions, and fake information so much. and if people are upset at being lied to then its the hosts fault.

if it where me I'd have called it a "sit down". "interview" suggests information. The first REAL question he asked was one he knew for a fact wouldnt get an answer...and then he asked another one of those. I think the first REAL question was about how new characters would see teldrassil/undercity.

i mean i dont really care. I've been hyped this blizzcon and i'm happy he had a nice Sit Down and got to talk with the designers and create an air of excitement and humor.

but literally all Youtubers need to stop deliberately misleading people, and anyone who doesnt like that Fact can die mad about it.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Malagan View Post
    Just like we headed to Broken Shore after Varian. We basically were on one of the Ships sailing under Varian's airship in the cinematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Just like we headed to Broken Shore after Varian. We basically were on one of the Ships sailing under Varian's airship in the cinematic.
    I want to be standing in the midst of the Alliance Footmen then, sieging the Undercity!

Seeing they still share a lot of animations with their parent races I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to push it until after 7.3.5 to make them a little more unique. They did mention they plan on adding dances, flirts etc.
    Hadn't seen anything on it but was going to ask if anyone knew if the allied races had different dances. Also different voice acting I would hope.

Were any of them even playable at Blizzcon or were the character choices set for the demo

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    its just their opinion. and it is pretty fucked up that in these days that youtubers utilize clickbait , bad descriptions, and fake information so much. and if people are upset at being lied to then its the hosts fault.

if it where me I'd have called it a "sit down". "interview" suggests information. The first REAL question he asked was one he knew for a fact wouldnt get an answer...and then he asked another one of those. I think the first REAL question was about how new characters would see teldrassil/undercity.

i mean i dont really care. I've been hyped this blizzcon and i'm happy he had a nice Sit Down and got to talk with the designers and create an air of excitement and humor.

but literally all Youtubers need to stop deliberately misleading people, and anyone who doesnt like that Fact can die mad about it.
    I guess I've grown immune to "clickbait" at this point. Probably have the login screen meme from this thread to thank for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    Hadn't seen anything on it but was going to ask if anyone knew if the allied races had different dances. Also different voice acting I would hope.

Were any of them even playable at Blizzcon or were the character choices set for the demo
    It was either Lightforged Draenei or Highmountain Tauren in the current demo build. No new dances/vo (that I heard on streams) on either of them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I just hope that this time they add the skip option from the getgo so that once you've done it once you can get going into the actual levelling process on alts quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Oh I'm not mad, I just find it a little out of place and disrespectful to Ion. Also I disliked the fact that he basically missed the whole deep dive panel (wut ?) and still asked already answered questions.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You just won this thread Nathanyel.

Deleted
    Jesse Cox, is that you?

I will second the earlier sentiment; Jessie Cox might be a cool dude (idk) but I remember when he butchered a Q&A the other year.