Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It’s going to be set to patch 1.12 like the private servers most likely. So 10 would be accurate.
    Ion spoke about this briefly, when talking to Jesse Cox: there will be numerous polls to the community, so they can create something the majority is happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Also I was shocked when trying a vanilla server that dustwallow was empty for the most part for Alliance and Mudsprocket wasnt there yet. You think they'll add that? You think they'll give the world a graphics update?
    Mudsprocket was added in Cataclysm, so... No. To the other question, too.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I hope you have to sit and watch as all the resources are diverted to Vanilla and the live game shrivels and dies while you continue to pay your subscription for a version of the game that sucks and is no longer an RPG.

Kidding, I hope both versions do exceedingly well and both groups of players are happy.
    Well the problem I fear , or not fear as such but i Think will be problematic is that Classic will release and everyone and his mother will be logging in and eagerly leveling. What i Think will happen then is the vast majority will realise that it isnt Quite what they remembered and SOME will run to the forums and cry about how Blizzard have failed to bring it back as it was not realising that they themselves have changed and that they ALREADY lived that rush they felt when Vanilla was Live. And ofc some will just quit and either play Live and some will move on to other games.

The sad part is i Think they will do a real try to make it so authentic as they can and in the end it will be a flop.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    I think you are wrong, it was 5 man capped in BC for sure
    Incorrect. Prior to the release of Naxxramas, they converted it to a 10 player cap in patch 1.10. LBRS was capped at 5 man at that time. It wasn't until Cataclysm that they capped it to 5 people (propping the door open during Wrath without needing the ring to open.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    I have no initial intentions of raiding on a classic server, but to enjoy 1-60 over the course of a few months and see what happens then. My interest lays with TBC/WotLK and to an extent MoP so I will be showing support for future legacy servers by playing classic. On the off chance they decide to do progression realms, where you can import from classic, I'll have a great foundation of gold etc and go straight to Outland. if WotLK comes after that, maybe I'll finally get my realm 1st LK 25HC (realm 2nd on live RIP).
    Im pretty sure you Wont have a good amount of gold from playing Classic atleast not if they are anything like they was back then.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Mudsprocket was added in Cataclysm, so... No. To the other question, too.
    Mudsprocket was added in the 2.3 revamp of Dustwallow during TBC. It was so there was a better leveling options for the level 35-40 range in Kalimdor.

But, still stands that it was added during TBC, so won't be a part of a classic server.

He's asking what you want in that regard. That's what they're going to do, per that same post; ask the community for help in making it as close to perfect as possible.

If he didn't remember correctly, be thankful he asked instead of just pulling the trigger on it being 5-man. So many people here could be dentists for all the looking they do into the gift horse's mouth...

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Incorrect. Prior to the release of Naxxramas, they converted it to a 10 player cap in patch 1.10. LBRS was capped at 5 man at that time. It wasn't until Cataclysm that they capped it to 5 people (propping the door open during Wrath without needing the ring to open.)
    Cant really remember if lbrs was actually capped. If you remember correctly lbrs and ubrs were the same instance. There was just no point doing lbrs with raid since you could only complete quests in 5 man group.

Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    Im pretty sure you Wont have a good amount of gold from playing Classic atleast not if they are anything like they was back then.
    Just because you're "pretty sure" that you didn't know how to make gold doesn't mean that I don't. I've been playing private servers for years.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Cant really remember if lbrs was actually capped. If you remember correctly lbrs and ubrs were the same instance. There was just no point doing lbrs with raid since you could only complete quests in 5 man group.
    You know what? You're absolutely correct. It was BRD that was capped at 5 (along with Scholo and Strat). LBRS would have been capped at 10 along with UBRS.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Mudsprocket was added in the 2.3 revamp of Dustwallow during TBC. It was so there was a better leveling options for the level 35-40 range in Kalimdor.
    My bad, checked the early revisions on Wowpedia, must've mixed up the years.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    ... with some modern updates like making all specs viable...
    NO.

No modern updates. You play is it was intended. None of this bullshit about making all specs viable. They weren't and they were not suppose to be. Either be genuine or fuck off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

UBRS should be a 15 man, Scholo and Strat should be 10 mans, if you're not doing progression servers that's it, everyone who disagrees with me is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    NO.

No modern updates. You play is it was intended. None of this bullshit about making all specs viable. They weren't and they were not suppose to be. Either be genuine or fuck off.
    Those classes happened to be garbage they were not 'intended' to be garbage.

Anyways this Classic WoW will be a shit show because every fucking person has a different idea of what Vanilla was.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Not triggered but concerned.

I hope they don't change too much of WoW: Classic

It was not changed to 5-man till Cata.

Capped at 15 at 1.3
    Capped at 10 at 1.10
    I used to run it nightly 5-man for the pattern for robe of the archmage. The bosses were largely tank-and-spank, and only trash was an issue.

NO.

i wasn't advocating for it. if you'd read what i said fully, i said i figure they will probably do it that way.

i don't think they should do that, cause like i said, it'll just piss off the people that wanted it and still not draw in anyone new.

Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    Well the problem I fear , or not fear as such but i Think will be problematic is that Classic will release and everyone and his mother will be logging in and eagerly leveling. What i Think will happen then is the vast majority will realise that it isnt Quite what they remembered and SOME will run to the forums and cry about how Blizzard have failed to bring it back as it was not realising that they themselves have changed and that they ALREADY lived that rush they felt when Vanilla was Live. And ofc some will just quit and either play Live and some will move on to other games.

The sad part is i Think they will do a real try to make it so authentic as they can and in the end it will be a flop.
    It is guaranteed to be a flop. People don't even know what is going to hit them. The leveling itself will deter 90% of people. And when they find out that they have to actually travel for 20 minutes to get to an instance? Oh shit. The rivers are going to be so salty.
    why so mad bro

NO.

Are you pro-vanilla? Are you going to play Classic if it delivers authentic classic experience? If not, fuck off with that bullshit opinion that no one cares about.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i wasn't advocating for it. if you'd read what i said fully, i said i figure they will probably do it that way.

i don't think they should do that, cause like i said, it'll just piss off the people that wanted it and still not draw in anyone new.
    I don't care. Keep your terrible ideas to yourself in case some noob junior developer sees it and tries to be awesome and tells his boss at blizzard about it. Then the ball starts rolling ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    Are you pro-vanilla? Are you going to play Classic if it delivers authentic classic experience? If not, fuck off with that bullshit opinion that no one cares about.
    Looks like you care. You should probably leave because you know nothing about vanilla because you obviously didn't play. I'll let you in on a secret. The classes weren't balanced and only certain specs could actually be used. Go on. Embarrass yourself. Tell me how your main tank wasn't a warrior.
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Having a playercap at all is actually kind of weird. Why not have the option to bring 20-30 players? Sure it would be easy as shit, but that would balance out given that the same amount of loot drops so alot more people will miss out on loot.
    Flex in Vanilla LUL
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Flex in Vanilla LUL
    No, not flex. Read the post.