I’m sure you’re not but, it’s a very narrow viewpoint that a lot of PvE and PvP players have. (Hate the stupid ideas of “add this for only PVE realms)That “all people on PvP realms love to PvP”. It’s just not true and very easy to see in statistics. If you look at the top raiding realms which are flagged as PvP realms, the dominant faction essentially outnumbers the opposing faction by something like 1,000 to 1. There is NO ONE to wpvp against outside of CRZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    But what exactly are you losing by having the ability to only see PvP players all the time by enabling your PvP shard?? You're essentially on a PvP server if you do this...a better one since it's literally only the people interested in PvP instead of a mix.

What about this is bad for you? I'm just trying to understand the complaint.
    He doesn't have a complaint, because in actuality, he'll have more people to PvP with on a daily basis. Outside of a higher population for PvE and PvP players, there is, literally, no change in the status quo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixius View Post
    Gah I can't be the only PVP server lover who feels this way, surely.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not a complaint. It is a sigh.
    Fair enough - I still think it's a worthwhile bonus though if they end up being able to do things like bounties or better WPvP WQs. It feels like this could really help that out.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

7+ Year Old Account
    Also, the sharding solution will prevent people who use group finder for WQs to be forcibly flagged for PvP without knowing it beforehand. I think it's nice solution that does not need server merges or transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean most of those realms have such incredibly skewed populations, they are not really pvp; more like ganking poor people from the other factions who dare to log in.
    My point is more: those realm designations were way out of date. Is this the correct solution? Idk. It’s hard to predict as there’s so many variables. But something needed to be done. Illidan-NA is NOT a PvP realm by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    I think they mentioned something like that but it would still be a pretty unfair fight for a level 120 against a level 34 just on the merit of talents/abilities/gear bonuses/etc.
    yep just like with timewalking you get a huge boost of stamina AP and other things fromyour artifact, you can tell when a tank, healer or dps is not max lvl or if they are, evern if everything is reduced to 1% increase thats still alot of 1%s

I just remember the time i think i help landed a kill with a lvl 20 warrior by my charge's stun not missing on a guy in westfall. i immediately died but so did he lol

and yea most ppl dedicated to ganking are bored raiders or whatever with the best gear
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Just hopping in really quickly to say that @In Ogres We Trust owes me a WoW token since we got Zandalar despite his profuse denial of it being a thing.

The biggest thing I “worry” about for the new pvp realms is: some people like to gank lowbies. Why in the world would you flag yourself as a lowbie or someone undergeared?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    The biggest thing I “worry” about for the new pvp realms is: some people like to gank lowbies. Why in the world would you flag yourself as a lowbie or someone undergeared?
    Honestly you probably wouldn't...unless the change causes most people to just not even bother attacking the lowbie areas since they assume they'll be all PvE. I know any of my characters will be PvE until they are at least in the current expansions content and even then probably not until max level.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

They mentioned they're gonna add a reward for flagging yourself to compensate for the option. Probably a small exp boost or something for leveling, which would make lots of people flag.

Ganking will still be an option for people who (for some reason) enjoy that, and people who enjoy not being ganked and are willing to sacrifice the benefit of flagging will be able to. Win/win.

7+ Year Old Account
    Azeroth will probably be phased for 110+ due to the story.
    The few times I levelled (even though it was before CRZ), meeting other players of same level was rare. Part of the reason might be that I play on med-to-low pop RP realm, but still, there are only so many people who are levelling at a point. Barely worth bothering flagging yourself, better go for BGs I'd guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Since the ogres from WoD were playable quality, that's a stupid argument.
    I would love to have Ogres as a playable race...
    Was just saying the new model they got would be perfect for them.
    It needs more customization, more different animations like the other known race emotes, some different faces etc...
    Also female Ogres aren't in the game yet...Well they exist, but Blizzard haven't made a model for them.

By the way...
    Are there any different Troll Tribes on Zandalar other than themselves and the Blood Trolls?
    Just wanna know, and I only seen them both.

Any word on what pre-patch content stuff will be there?
    Like to tide us over after Legion is completed?
    For the Horde!

Personally the thing I'm worried about most in the new expansion is the Nightborne models. They just don't seem like they have nearly as much facial detail as the other allied races do. Their faces look completely emotionless compared to Orcs, Tauren etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    I would love to have Ogres as a playable race...
    Was just saying the new model they got would be perfect for them.
    It needs more customization, more different animations like the other known race emotes, some different faces etc...
    Also female Ogres aren't in the game yet...Well they exist, but Blizzard haven't made a model for them.

By the way...
    Are there any different Troll Tribes on Zandalar other than themselves and the Blood Trolls?
    Just wanna know, and I only seen them both.

Any word on what pre-patch content stuff will be there?
    Like to tide us over after Legion is completed?
    So far it just seems like Blood Trolls and Zandalar Trolls which make the most sense imo. Additionally, there hasn't been any word on what sort of prepatch content we will get but it will likely have to do with the Wound. I'm betting prepatch hits May or June.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    Personally the thing I'm worried about most in the new expansion is the Nightborne models. They just don't seem like they have nearly as much facial detail as the other allied races do. Their faces look completely emotionless compared to Orcs, Tauren etc.
    They need some work yeah. They'll have to update those a bit.

2700 pages already. Time flies when you're havin' fun. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    They need some work yeah. They'll have to update those a bit.
    I really, really hope that they do. Void Elves will be fine since they use Blood Elves as a base but Nightborne won't have anywhere near the same fidelity, especially when it comes to expression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post

- - - Updated - - -

So far it just seems like Blood Trolls and Zandalar Trolls which make the most sense imo. Additionally, there hasn't been any word on what sort of prepatch content we will get but it will likely have to do with the Wound. I'm betting prepatch hits May or June.
    So what about still on the page they got the other Troll tribes?
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Zandalar

Speaking of the other Troll Tribes, do you know if Rokhan is leading his Jungle Troll brethern?
    Also it wouldn't be to far-fecthed if Forest Trolls (Revantusk Tribe) were added as well so we can have the Trolls be like the Dwarves.
    Three tribes together for the cause...
    For the Horde!

Did Ian release his full article about the stuff he messed with in the Demo on Blizzplanet yet?

PVE players have outnumbered pvp players on some of those realms for a long, long time.
    Indeed, I hadn't been attacked on Kel EU for 2-3 years... and then we got merged with Arthas.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    So what about still on the page they got the other Troll tribes?
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Zandalar

Speaking of the other Troll Tribes, do you know if Rokhan is leading his Jungle Troll brethern?
    Also it wouldn't be to far-fecthed if Forest Trolls (Revantusk Tribe) were added as well so we can have the Trolls be like the Dwarves.
    Three tribes together for the cause...
    Rokhan is the Dark Spear representative in the new Embassy building so it seems he's succeeded Vol'jin as Chieftain.