Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Striker is probably my favorite alt.

Really, my only complaints about Hunters are;

1> Make Dodge and the Mobility stat better, and
    2> Better melee attacks. Strikers get cool charges. Warlocks get neat ranged attacks with secondary effects. Smoke Bomb is my bane; it always triggers when I'd rather stab a dude. It needs to be on a separate key.
    Agree with everything. I like the Gunslinger class because i love hand cannons - the melee skills are meh. Explosive knife is decent but as for smoke bomb it activates when you don't need it; the autoreset throwing knife on precision kills just plain sucks, given monsters mobility and the cuved trajectory.

I'll add that the ultimate feels somewhat lackluster - 6 rounds is cool in pvp, but again the precision one doesn't last really long enough. I ended using the exotic helmet that makes it fire a huge single shot for massive damage because it's just more reliable at this point (but kinda makes useless both the last talents since it expires istantly - at least i get precision damage which is good).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Can't get used to floaty jump so I only play huntr.
    I agree, tryed to play Warlock and quit midway through the tutorial mission, it's triple jump or bust

Deleted
    5> Cloaks and hoods. So important it's getting listed twice. Warlocks get to wear dresses, half of the Titan gear makes you look like a mechanized rabbit. C'mon.
    i went warlock for the dress and space magic (thought we'd get to use our abilities more tbh)

although i agree about the lock jump, i have 0-1 mobility on my gear normally (depends on the exotic im running at the moment) and in raid when running in underbelly i physically wasn't able to make some jumps until i swapped my stats to have 5 mobility

The warlock jump took some getting used to but now i cant do without. It was NOT an easy birthing process however. It took 3 hours on a platforming adventure in nessus to get it right and get a feel foe the double tap and momentum.

Oddly the "strong directional" control is better than the other one with the training wheels jump that has that initial starting boost (its really only ever useful for jumps where you cant build momentum and even then...)
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2017-11-09 at 12:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    The warlock jump took some getting used to but now i cant do without. It was NOT an easy birthing process however. It took 3 hours on a platforming adventure in nessus to get it right and get a feel foe the double tap and momentum.

Oddly the "strong directional" control is better than the other one with the training wheels jump that has that initial starting boost (its really only ever useful for jumps where you cant build momentum and even then...)
    possibly, but if you have to jump up a straight wall and every class is able to do so at 0 mobility and you need 4-5 cause otherwise you just stop short of your target it's kindof sad :P good that it's only during exploration part of underbelly but still annoying (in the underbelly example we had to jump up through some platforms but the example still stands - with 0 mobility at the highest point of jump i wasn't even close to the vertical level of the next platform)

the gliding part is ok but jump height could use some more oomph

hmmm, I think that once you hit that 265 plateau....that there's not much to do in the game outside of weekly chores and the raid/nightfall. I know this isn't much on topic to what's been discussed but...Idk....I think im disappointed in the fact that they don't have a ton of endgame going right now. After their experience with D1, it's a little shocking to see that they made the same mistake in D2 in terms of content. I know that it's a game meant to be built upon but....this is just kind of hilarious seeing the same mistakes being made. Once you do all your weekly milestones...what is the point of logging on(in a PvE sense), PvPers will always have Crucible...but yea...kind of surprised but not really at the same time. Hopefully the first bit of DLC adds quite a bit of content.

Yeah, all is now in the hands of the first DLC - if anything it will set a direction where the game points to go. Hopefully is the same that players want.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Man...I like Strikes, but I hate everyone that plays them. Everyone just rushes by everything, leading to people randomly getting killed by shit if they're straggling and then holding the rest of the group up and shit.

They really need to make communication more of a thing in the damn game, I'm getting super frustrated at the fact that chat communication is all but nonexistent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man...I like Strikes, but I hate everyone that plays them. Everyone just rushes by everything, leading to people randomly getting killed by shit if they're straggling and then holding the rest of the group up and shit.

They really need to make communication more of a thing in the damn game, I'm getting super frustrated at the fact that chat communication is all but nonexistent.
    It's the culture from Destiny 1. The thought process is, "How do I get rewards as fast as I can?"

In strikes, you get quite a few tokens from the chest at the end. You can get to the tokens in 10 minutes or less by running past everything, or you can take your time, kill everything, and take much longer to get the same reward outcome.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Got to around 260+ on my Titan the other day and loving the Sun Breaker subclass since a lot of the public events either have some type of ranged element to them or have a stationary(ish) boss-type/objective to them so I can take full advantage of the sunspots the hammers leave behind.

I do however miss being an electric incredible hulk at times but I just really love those hammers.

I tried playing the other day but I think the mass Comcast outages were causing havoc to the server populations since I was forced to attempt a lot of public events solo and even DCed near the end of a heroic fight.

Hopefully the lag spikes were fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got my Orpheus Rig, at 273.

Need new gloves and cloak and I should be nearing 277.

Currently juggling between Mida Multitool and Sunshot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

It's a pain when someone gets stuck behind, but you can skip a LOT of stuff in Strikes. Like, take the big grinder section in the Inverted Spire, where you can get instagibbed by the big drill bits circling the area. The fastest and safest way through that is to use your Sparrow, and just race alone the bottom path, right to the end, ignoring the enemies. No drill bits to worry about, even. We need better communication so we can TELL people this, but the idea of skipping past that section the fast and easy way isn't crazy, either. Trying to fight through is just asking for someone to get gibbed for basically no reward.

It's especially true in Nightfalls, where you've got a timer and skipping sections is a big deal.

On a completely unrelated note, I just learned that you can punch heroic public event bosses off cliffs. They fall a LONG way, and then die, and you win. I seriously thought I'd fucked up the entire event for everyone, for a moment.

The range on the marker got up to 2000m or so before he actually died, way further than players fall.
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-11-09 at 05:45 PM.

beat the story mode as warlock last night, was pretty enjoyable... i liked a lot of the zones, looking forward to doing more things
    played on PC, was pretty epic for FPS game

It's a pain when someone gets stuck behind, but you can skip a LOT of stuff in Strikes. Like, take the big grinder section in the Inverted Spire, where you can get instagibbed by the big drill bits circling the area. The fastest and safest way through that is to use your Sparrow, and just race alone the bottom path, right to the end, ignoring the enemies. No drill bits to worry about, even. We need better communication so we can TELL people this, but the idea of skipping past that section the fast and easy way isn't crazy, either. Trying to fight through is just asking for someone to get gibbed for basically no reward.
    If you jump down to the boss it'll force allies into the boss area. No reason to even worry about what the other 2 people are doing since they'll be summoned to the boss after you jump down.

The Fallen tank public even is extremely easy but I hate it's the same button to pickup the cores and the cannons. I personally caused a few fights to not turn heroic in time because I thought I picked-up the core when I actually picked-up a scorch cannon.

I have tried making sure I deposit each core separately but I can't control what other people do with the other cores sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh right, whats the difference between heroic event and normal (?) and how do u trigger it ?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    oh right, whats the difference between heroic event and normal (?) and how do u trigger it ?
    They're more difficult versions of the normal encounters, and they up the chance for gear upgrading possibilities with increased drop rates of legendary and exotic engrams. As for how, check this out:

Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    Here's a great infographic on how to gear up and each power level bracket:

The only confusion might be the 265-280 part, they also allow you to go up to 305 and don't cap out at 280. Exotic Engrams also don't cap out.

I hate trying to activate the Injection Rig heroic event, it's too difficult to stay alive even dancing on the edges of the shield.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing the PC D2 for a few weeks now and the gameplay is AMAZING! I love the zone design (especially the EDZ) and the mobility you get with jumps and dodges and whatnot is just awesome. Right now in terms of gameplay it's at the top of my FPS experience.

However, my biggest gripe with D2 right now is that it's a console port. Yes. It's a port. I really wish they would have made it an actual PC game instead of just a console port. These are the 3 main issues they need to look into to turn the game into an actual PC game.

- Communication in this game is just non-existent. Coming from WoW, an actual SOCIAL game, I really wish we'd be able to use chat to make Nightfall and raid groups. But apparently, the console-minded people over at Bungo thinks we will only use the chat feature for racist and homophobic slurs and that we are not mature enough to handle it, so they completely removed it. Apparently they never heard of a mute/kick/ban/ignore/blacklist feature.

- The map itself is also very much console-centric and hard to navigate around using a mouse, it scrolls super slow and laggy like it was made for joystick use, not the rapid movements of a mouse. Also, would it be hard to colorize the special marked areas like Lost Sectors and Region Chests on the map so they don't get blended in with the background?

- Keybinding is also extremely console-centric. Why can't we assign keys to certain important things like seeing our Challenges, our Milestones, or most importantly, summoning our Sparrows? Why the fuck are we limited to having to hold down a button to access a screen in order to summon our mounts? Those should ALL have their own keybinds. We have 10000000000000 keys and macros on the PC, we're not using a PoS controller with 5 buttons. We don't need to assign 8 different functions to 1 button.

Bungo should learn from Naughty Dog and their GTA5 PC version and see what a real console to PC game looks (and most importantly, feels) like.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2017-11-09 at 10:56 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Bungie said in the TWAB that HDR support for D2 is coming with the launch of the first DLC on December 5th. Also, they said that D2 runs in adaptive 4K on the PS4 Pro and native 4K on the One X. So I guess this answers when the One X will be getting it’s update for D2 and that it will then be the superior version (graphics-wise) of the console version of the game.