Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    i did not get it at all

its best group loot or personal loot to farm the tusks?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i did not get it at all

its best group loot or personal loot to farm the tusks?
    It does not really matter now since you can only loot him once a week. BUT you can still reroll every kill, I would say go personal loot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beeppee View Post
    It does not really matter now since you can only loot him once a week. BUT you can still reroll every kill, I would say go personal loot.
    Why only once a week? i tough you could do it as heroic and mythic, so 2 chances more the reroll
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2017-11-03 at 02:48 PM.

I haven't attempted to clear SoO by myself for almost a year now, been just too busy. Not that I had problems clearing as blood anyways, most times I fell asleep at my keyboard the night before reset. Only times I've gone recently were in Asmongold streams to get McConnell his shoulders. But those don't happen anymore since the man-child got his shoulders from a streamer. Also I am well aware of the 13/14 HC alt to hold lockout for plate farmers, and that any progression on mythic for any alt carries that progression over to others that hold the lockout.

But what you've said I don't understand. And TBH I am not even fully aware of what 7.3 changed in terms of loot drops but what did you mean by 3 chances? Are you talking about clearing on heroic with a bonus roll and then clearing mythic (not sure if you can bonus roll then too)? Or is (or rather was at this time) something that allowed you get three chances at the 0.01-0.02% drop chance for the shoulders?

Also what did the 7.3 change? Can I now only receive loot from Garrosh once (plus bonus roll) once per week on a character across all difficulties? And is the loot setting forced to personal? I remember when I was doing it a year ago that the default loot setting changed to personal automatically, for some reason, which caused me to miss out on transmog drops from the first 2 bosses a few times, until I remembered to change it to group. As for what I vaguely know about the 7.3 changes from what I've read in forums and witnessed leveling new alts through dungeon grinding the personal loot setting is now forced and gives gear according to what your loot spec is set on.

Sorry for all the questions, haven't had many chances to play since Hurricane Harvey and increased load from work.

Ok for some reason now my post got deleted? So confused.

I haven't attempted to clear SoO by myself for almost a year now, been just too busy. Not that I had problems clearing as blood anyways, most times I fell asleep at my keyboard the night before reset. Only times I've gone recently were in Asmongold streams to get McConnell his shoulders. But those don't happen anymore since the man-child got his shoulders from a streamer. Also I am well aware of the 13/14 HC alt to hold lockout for plate farmers, and that any progression on mythic for any alt carries that progression over to others that hold the lockout.

But from what I've read page 6 onwards I don't understand. And TBH I am not even fully aware of what 7.3 changed in terms of loot drops but what did you mean by 3 chances? Are you talking about clearing on heroic with a bonus roll and then clearing mythic (not sure if you can bonus roll then too)? Or is (or rather was at this time) something that allowed you get three chances at the 0.01-0.02% drop chance for the shoulders?

Also what did the 7.3 change? Can I now only receive loot from Garrosh once (plus bonus roll) once per week on a character across all difficulties? And is the loot setting forced to personal? I remember when I was doing it a year ago that the default loot setting changed to personal automatically, for some reason, which caused me to miss out on transmog drops from the first 2 bosses a few times, until I remembered to change it to group. As for what I vaguely know about the 7.3 changes from what I've read in forums and witnessed leveling new alts through dungeon grinding the personal loot setting is now forced and gives gear according to what your loot spec is set on.

Sorry for all the questions, haven't had many chances to play since Hurricane Harvey and increased load from work.

Fuck yes kids!

I got my Tusks after 891 Garrosh kills (885 Heroic + 6 Mythic) - it can be done boys!!!!!
    Last edited by Drtydeeds; 2017-11-10 at 04:30 PM.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Deleted
    So bonus roll still works but it edges out to only half Thor Chance of tusks/try, correct?

Deleted
    Hello,

Doesn't work for me, anyone can help ?
    What i've done (same account for both char) :

1/ log in my DH
    2/ clear heroic 12/13
    3/ get ouside the raid
    4/ make a raid group private with auto accept
    5/ log in my warrior : no group displayed
    6/ log in my DH : no more private group
    7/ log in my warrior, jump in the group, went to the raid instance : first boss here...

what did i missed please ? :X

EDIT : i've tried with the DH staying in the instance but that locked them both on 13/13 after de the kill with my warrior
    Last edited by mmoc8b83d5ecce; 2017-11-07 at 10:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalssyxhunal View Post
    Hello,

Doesn't work for me, anyone can help ?
    What i've done (same account for both char) :

1/ log in my DH
    2/ clear heroic 12/13
    3/ get ouside the raid
    4/ make a raid group private with auto accept
    5/ log in my warrior : no group displayed
    6/ log in my DH : no more private group
    7/ log in my warrior, jump in the group, went to the raid instance : first boss here...

what did i missed please ? :X

EDIT : i've tried with the DH staying in the instance but that locked them both on 13/13 after de the kill with my warrior
    It should work?
    I stood in shrine with my alt for instant log out and it worked over 1000 times for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by beeppee View Post
    It should work?
    I stood in shrine with my alt for instant log out and it worked over 1000 times for me.
    Toons are not on the same server : RPG and normal.
    Maybe i missed something, i'll give it a try again next reset !

EDIT : one last question -> i'm only getting golds from the warforged seals, nothing to worried about? With enough tries i'll get the tusk ? Thanks guys.
    Last edited by mmoc8b83d5ecce; 2017-11-07 at 02:23 PM.

Toons are not on the same server : RPG and normal.
    Maybe i missed something, i'll give it a try again next reset !

EDIT : one last question -> i'm only getting golds from the warforged seals, nothing to worried about? With enough tries i'll get the tusk ? Thanks guys.

Sounds like you're taking too long to join the group on the toon killing Garrosh, or you've possibly not extended the lockout. In either case, be sure the Lockout-Toon has extended the lockout.

My recommendation would be to log your warrior out at the entrance of SOO first, then do the following:

- Log into toon with the lockout that is 12/13 and be in a rested area so you can logout quicker
    - Reset all instances (just to be sure)
    - Use the group finder to start a group, I typically do Legacy Raids, but Custom will work just as well
    ---If the group is set to private, your toons either need to be friends or in the same guild (look up the conditions for private groups, you may not be meeting them)
    - Set group to auto accept
    - Convert to raid
    - Double check you're in a raid group, auto accept on, private etc
    - Log out of Lockout-Toon
    - Open up group finder and your personal, private group should be at the very top (be sure you're looking in tab where you made the group either Legacy, Custom, or whatever you chose)
    - Join that group (be sure you've fully joined the group and not just been invited before you zone in. You have to be on that raid ID.)
    - Zone into SOO
    - Run to Garrosh (skipping the RP if you want to save yourself a lot of time), how to do this is already posted in this thread several times.
    - Engage Garrosh, but before you transition into one of the visions, drop group (starts the 1 minute auto kick from the instance timer)... some time around when he says "... by the Horde, my Horde"
    - Defeat Garrosh in under a minute, loot and bonus roll
    - Start logging out when the auto-kick timer is at 19 seconds
    ---This will kick you out of the instance and then log you out a second later... right outside SOO
    - Reset all instances
    - Repeat steps (you will not have to reform your group in the group finder if you've done this correctly)

If you follow those basic steps, you should have no problems farming Tusks. Take if from me, I perfected the farm and can do 12+ runs in an hour, solo. I killed him 884 times in total before I got mine (on a bonus roll), so be prepared to do a lot of runs.

Additionally, the best place to farm coins to get the bonus roll tokens is the Gulp Frog area in Timeless Isle - where Bufo spawns.

Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vossten View Post
    So bonus roll still works but it edges out to only half Thor Chance of tusks/try, correct?
    I don't have a confirmed % change on bonus rolls, but I've seen people say about 1/5 or 20% chance, which seems about right, I'd say it's a bit worse though (in my experience, maybe 15% or less.)

From there the drop chance of Tusks is ~1% or less, allegedly.

So you have a 20% to get a drop from your personal loot table, then ~1% chance to get the Tusks. Quick napkin math here, using estimates of 20% and 1% yield a 2/1000 or 0.002% chance of getting the Tusks on a bonus roll.

Compared to how Garrosh loot dropped pre-7.3 this is much, much worse.

I can barely discern what it is that you're asking, but maybe this helps.

At any rate, does knowing the drop chance/odds of getting them help you get them? - no, it doesn't.

Also, I have no idea what a Thor's Chance is.
    Last edited by Drtydeeds; 2017-11-07 at 02:56 PM.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Deleted
    thanks a lot for all this informations.
    you were a true believer ! 884 times... gg dude, everything still OK in your mind ?

one last question please : i've killed him 10 times now with warforged seals : only got golds, no other loot, it happened for you ?

EDIT : i've just asked a GM -> this is no luck, BUT seems like i fooled myself. It is a bug, so not allowed :X
    I've been only warned...
    Last edited by mmoc8b83d5ecce; 2017-11-07 at 04:18 PM.

you were a true believer ! 884 times... gg dude, everything still OK in your mind ?

one last question please : i've killed him 10 times now with warforged seals : only got golds, no other loot, it happened for you ?

EDIT : i've just asked a GM -> this is no luck, BUT seems like i fooled myself. It is a bug, so not allowed :X
    I've been only warned...

What are you taking about?
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Deleted

I've been only warned...
    Wow 10 rerolls and no tusks? It took me 1117 (counted) HC kills (with reroll every time) until I got mine. Although alot of people get in <100 kills sooo, just keep farming man.

Is the drop rate increased on mythic?

Quote Originally Posted by Drtydeeds View Post
    What are you taking about?

I don't think he understands how rare th tusks are. He's asking if it's normal that his bonus rolls keep giving him gold and not loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzed View Post
    Is the drop rate increased on mythic?
    From what I've been told by a GM, no.

But it is an extra chance each week at them.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

From what I've been told by a GM, no.

But it is an extra chance each week at them.
    Ah alright, thanks!

Deleted
    37 run and only gold do you have this probleme too ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Havowk View Post
    37 run and only gold do you have this probleme too ?
    72 run and only gold i think is broken

Sounds like you're taking too long to join the group on the toon killing Garrosh, or you've possibly not extended the lockout. In either case, be sure the Lockout-Toon has extended the lockout.

My recommendation would be to log your warrior out at the entrance of SOO first, then do the following:

- Log into toon with the lockout that is 12/13 and be in a rested area so you can logout quicker
    - Reset all instances (just to be sure)
    - Use the group finder to start a group, I typically do Legacy Raids, but Custom will work just as well
    ---If the group is set to private, your toons either need to be friends or in the same guild (look up the conditions for private groups, you may not be meeting them)
    - Set group to auto accept
    - Convert to raid
    - Double check you're in a raid group, auto accept on, private etc
    - Log out of Lockout-Toon
    - Open up group finder and your personal, private group should be at the very top (be sure you're looking in tab where you made the group either Legacy, Custom, or whatever you chose)
    - Join that group (be sure you've fully joined the group and not just been invited before you zone in. You have to be on that raid ID.)
    - Zone into SOO
    - Run to Garrosh (skipping the RP if you want to save yourself a lot of time), how to do this is already posted in this thread several times.
    - Engage Garrosh, but before you transition into one of the visions, drop group (starts the 1 minute auto kick from the instance timer)... some time around when he says "... by the Horde, my Horde"
    - Defeat Garrosh in under a minute, loot and bonus roll
    - Start logging out when the auto-kick timer is at 19 seconds
    ---This will kick you out of the instance and then log you out a second later... right outside SOO
    - Reset all instances
    - Repeat steps (you will not have to reform your group in the group finder if you've done this correctly)

If you follow those basic steps, you should have no problems farming Tusks. Take if from me, I perfected the farm and can do 12+ runs in an hour, solo. I killed him 884 times in total before I got mine (on a bonus roll), so be prepared to do a lot of runs.
    Thank you, this was a very helpful write-up. To clarify, on subsequent runs after your first on your farm toon, you're only bonus rolling, you're not actually able to loot Garrosh each time, are you? I was already saved on my farm toon prior to using your described method this week, and I was able to bonus roll but Garrosh was not lootable, so it might just be that I was saved.