Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    She considered it.

- - - Updated - - -

It's funny seeing so many people claiming that Sylvanas only cares about herself and only uses her people to keep herself alive when we have a cinematic of her literally jumping into the front lines of a battle and leading a solo charge while the rest of her forces were retreating. If all she cared about was staying alive, she'd stay as far away from the battlefield as possible.
    Do you think Saurfang and the Horde would of followed her if instead of screaming "For the Horde" and attacking she just retreated and left them? I don't think they'd be lining up to follow a Warchief who left them to die, like a coward.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Do you think Saurfang and the Horde would of followed her if instead of screaming "For the Horde" and attacking she just retreated and left them? I don't think they'd be lining up to follow a Warchief who left them to die, like a coward.
    Sylvanas only cares about the Horde as a meat shield, therefore she jumped into the thick of the battle to make sure she was out of danger.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    *speeds forward a couple of months into Legion*
    *Rewinds Back to Cataclysm*

"Very well, Warchief. I have solved the plight of the Forsaken! As a race, we Forsaken are unable to procreate. With the aid of the val'kyr, we are now able to take the corpses of the fallen and create new Forsaken."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    Pro tip: They also said Kingdoms would burn in Legion as part of marketing. Well, that clearly didn't happen.
    I guess you missed the part where the Legion attacked Sentinel Hill, Tarren Mill, the Crossroads, and Gadgetzhan. Oh, and the part where they were knocking on Orgrimmar's back door and Iron Forge's front door.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Sylvanas only cares about the Horde as a meat shield, therefore she jumped into the thick of the battle to make sure she was out of danger.
    Emboldened meat shields perform better than demoralized meat shields, but I wouldn't expect you to understand logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Emboldened meat shields perform better than demoralized meat shields, but I wouldn't expect you to understand logic.
    she cares enough to rally her troops, is bold enough to jump to the front lines, and doesn't run even when the battle gets tough, she embraces it. Your logic is flawed because if your argument held correctly she would have scampered off the moment her troops were rallied, not continuing to move towards the front lines.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cedon View Post

I guess you missed the part where the Legion attacked Sentinel Hill, Tarren Mill, the Crossroads, and Gadgetzhan. Oh, and the part where they were knocking on Orgrimmar's back door and Iron Forge's front door.
    Lol? Attacking towns and getting repelled is not remotely the same as actual entire kingdoms burning down. Please...

10+ Year Old Account
    She could have inspired them without solo jumping ahead of her lines into the middle of the Alliance formation. FFS, even Anduin was able to inspire his troops while standing a few ranks back.

She has an evil streak for self preservation, but she isn't all selfish and has the intent to preserve her people. The reason why I like her is because of how gray she is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Bitch is horde, Horde is evil, Bitch is evil.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    But that old dog Stinkmane managed to talk little boy Gayduin into full-scale war with her.
    Sylvie's fanbois seems insecure: whenever the yapper opens, whatever they try to say (and mostly fail), they always have to include a complete self-portrait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hambanner View Post
    Sylvie's fanbois seems insecure: whenever the yapper opens, whatever they try to say (and mostly fail), they always have to include a complete self-portrait.
    the irony is not seeing the same thing in so many people who hate her.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    She could have inspired them without solo jumping ahead of her lines into the middle of the Alliance formation. FFS, even Anduin was able to inspire his troops while standing a few ranks back.
    She wasn't going to take out that tower from range, the thing that was killing her Undead archers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    The absolute state of Sylvanas fans. They have to turn her into everything she is not to feel they can justifiably like her.
    Oh no I fully appreciate the fact that from a normal persons point of view, or the alliance. Sylvanas is pure evil at this point.

And I won't deny that she has done some REALLY shifty shit in the past, but her character is evolving. What I was trying to put across in my OP is her journey as a warchief, that is, her story from legion and onwards. Blizzard seems to want her to grow beyond her up until now pretty darn evil ways. But who knows, might just not happen and she keeps doing crazy dumb shit.

But I atleast, see some real development of her character later, beyond that of tropey undead "bitch"-queen.

I like Sylvanas because she isnt pure evil, that doesnt mean I'm saying she is good, or even kind, shit she is barely into neutral territory, but she has been given more nuances lately. Which is a hell of alot more interesting than the direction most characters have been taken lately.
    Last edited by mmoc9804b1efc7; 2017-11-11 at 12:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    she cares enough to rally her troops, is bold enough to jump to the front lines, and doesn't run even when the battle gets tough, she embraces it. Your logic is flawed because if your argument held correctly she would have scampered off the moment her troops were rallied, not continuing to move towards the front lines.
    Or maybe it's that your logic is biased because you defend every deplorable thing she has ever done like she is some kind of hero.

Deleted
    Or maybe it's that your logic is biased because you defend every deplorable thing she has ever done like she is some kind of hero.
    And you seem helbent that she can never change just because she did horrible things in the past? Illidan wasnt exactly some saint, people seem to like him well enough.

No one is saying she hasnt done straight up evil shit, she was awfully close to becoming the "lich queen" in my book, but her latest developments seems to indicate blizzard wanting her to at least move into a gray area.

She felt the pain that is being turned into an undead.
    She describes undeath as a state of constant suffering.
    She still goes on campaigns to spread that curse more and more, just so that she'll have less of a chance of dying.

Legion Intro - She shows clear respect for varian, and even saves his life by attacking an infernal that was no threat to heir own airship.

Broken shore - She VISIBLE hesitates to call for a retreat, despite a direct order from her warchief, only when he pleads for her to save lives does she call the retreat, using her val'kyr to carry wounded soldiers to safety, and later on the boat when she realises the consequence of her actions, she again show visible regret.
    That's called inconsistency.

she is deeply offended by the desolate council and their will to not extend their lives any further.
    How dare they not want to further spread the curse that, in her own words, makes them "slaves to this torment."

she echoes one of the, if not THE most genuine "FOR THE HORDE"
    LOL
    Just... LOL.
    No. Through all the lore, she's been shown to not actually care about the Horde. Even her own people are just the shield that prevents her from getting killed and going back to hell.

Sylvanas is being taken in an amazing direction, and I applaud Blizzard for finally casting aside tropes and bullshit hollywood storyline thinking and going for something far more subtle, but much more effective.
    >character constantly changes their ideas without any explanation and everyone just buys it
    >subtle

You do know Garrosh are older than Genn right?
    Garrosh is WAY younger than Genn.
    He was born later lore-wise, and he was created later by Blizzard as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you have it stuck in your brain that being an asshole to your enemies does not make you a villain to your own faction. Also just because you un-ironically claim that the blight is terrible, while being firebombed or killed by a mage is somehow not, your logic is not some beacon in the darkness to aspire to.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    And you seem helbent that she can never change just because she did horrible things in the past? Illidan wasnt exactly some saint, people seem to like him well enough.

No one is saying she hasnt done straight up evil shit, she was awfully close to becoming the "lich queen" in my book, but her latest developments seems to indicate blizzard wanting her to at least move into a gray area.
    No, just tired of people acting like she is a saint and making up theories that make her look like some hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    She felt the pain that is being turned into an undead.
    She describes undeath as a state of constant suffering.
    She still goes on campaigns to spread that curse more and more, just so that she'll have less of a chance of dying.
    undeath for her is no longer a curse to her, a view shared by many forsaken.

also she felt the pain of having her soul ripped up and put back together in the form of a banshee being risen is probably painful for all undead I would assume, but Sylvanas was specifically made to feel so much pain that when she voiced it her screams could kill.

That's called inconsistency.
    No, it really isn't unless you can prove it, which you can't.

How dare they not want to further spread the curse that, in her own words, makes them "slaves to this torment."

An opinion she hasn't had since Cata.

LOL
    Just... LOL.
    No. Through all the lore, she's been shown to not actually care about the Horde. Even her own people are just the shield that prevents her from getting killed and going back to hell.
    See Aquamonkey's post for the 500th time.

>character constantly changes their ideas without any explanation and everyone just buys it
    >subtle
    In a land of warcraft characters, Sylvanas can be considered subtle.

- - - Updated - - -

No, just tired of people acting like she is a saint and making up theories that make her look like some hero.
    Except she is a Hero to the Horde, now more than ever.
    Holy shit lol

Sylvanas is evil. You basically listed a series of events where she's not a complete villain but there are just as many instances of her using banned bio weapons, murdering civilians or lying to allies.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

10+ Year Old Account
    She wasn't going to take out that tower from range, the thing that was killing her Undead archers.
    It actually wasn't. Also, there were a bunch of other siege towers. You still fail to explain how her jumping into the Alliance formation while her broken troops retreat is somehow a logical self-preservation move.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2017-11-11 at 01:11 AM.