10+ Year Old Account
    graphics matter.... mass effect Andromeda says hi.

What also matters is context. If EA made Undertale and it looked like Undertale, people would probably call it lazy, but it was made by like one dude and some friends who did music/design so the graphics are considered a non issue.

You got sonic mania which is 16 bit, but is fucking beautiful.

You got stylized graphics, and you got bad graphics. Fortnites cartoony as hell but no one cares about the graphics because they look alright.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    graphics matter.... mass effect Andromeda says hi.

What also matters is context. If EA made Undertale and it looked like Undertale, people would probably call it lazy, but it was made by like one dude and some friends who did music/design so the graphics are considered a non issue.

You got sonic mania which is 16 bit, but is fucking beautiful.

You got stylized graphics, and you got bad graphics. Fortnites cartoony as hell but no one cares about the graphics because they look alright.
    I agree. Great graphics don't make a great game however. Look at Undertale as a prime example or Papers Please.

Also no. If EA made Undertale I'd give them credit. They actually published an amazing game called Unravel a while back. Simple and yet amazing.

With graphics I always use the hyper realistic ones as an example. Not every game should follow in that direction and thankfully not all of them do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I agree. Great graphics don't make a great game however. Look at Undertale as a prime example or Papers Please.

Also no. If EA made Undertale I'd give them credit. They actually published an amazing game called Unravel a while back. Simple and yet amazing.

With graphics I always use the hyper realistic ones as an example. Not every game should follow in that direction and thankfully not all of them do.
    I agree.

Witcher should be ultra realistic, but if it was BOTW style, I think it would be just as good.

I agree.

Witcher should be ultra realistic, but if it was BOTW style, I think it would be just as good.
    Aye because the gameplay helps carry it.

There does need to be a balance but imo gameplay should be the first priority.

I mean look at Superman 64. Looked good by N64 standards but my god that game was awful.

10+ Year Old Account

I mean look at Superman 64. Looked good by N64 standards but my god that game was awful.
    Eh I find Witcher 3 to be a lil clunky. The story, the world, the graphics make up for the clunky imo

100% agree.

People say Graphic's don't matter but I call BS to that. To some extent depending the person (Myself included) they matter. If breath of the wild released on the switch looking like OOT N64 people would be pissed.

Graphic's/Art Style will always matter to some extent, even if its not the main part. Like I said if it didn't matter we would be playing Atari 2600 still.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh I find Witcher 3 to be a lil clunky. The story, the world, the graphics make up for the clunky imo
    Agreed.

Witcher 3 will always be one of the best games ill likely never finish due to the combat being clunky as hell.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    These are the only graphics i care about

Gameplay > music > narrative > aesthetic> sound design > graphics > story
    Last edited by Video Games; 2017-11-18 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Agreed.

Witcher 3 will always be one of the best games ill likely never finish due to the combat being clunky as hell.
    I actually feel bad for not beating Witcher 3 yet still, despite getting it 2 years ago. The game is great, but the combat just suffers so hard.

Same issue I have with Skyrim, but...Skyrim I don't really feel bad about, more of just curious to still try. I may pick it up for the Switch if its ever like, $20-30.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I actually feel bad for not beating Witcher 3 yet still, despite getting it 2 years ago. The game is great, but the combat just suffers so hard.
    I bought Witcher 3 at release for PS4 then re-bought it again the fallowing black friday because it came with a cool steelcase. Sold my original to my brother for the cost of the steelcase bundle ($30).

Great game, Sadly I may never finish it. Considered dropping it to the most easy setting and steam rolling it so I can experience the story.

Didn't help when I first played it I started on Deathmarch LOL.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgibb View Post
    Just change the brightness on your tv...

Sent from my F8331 with Tapatalk
    I have, and turned the Switch to 100%. The game is just darker than it should be and it impacts the actual colors in the game. Like if I put it side by side with, say, my XBO version in the same area the Switch version will be a LOT darker even under the same settings on the TV. And as I said: Even with 100% brightness in handheld the game is just....wayy darker than it should be.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

https://minecraft.net/en-us/article/...-minecon-earth

Minecraft Better Together Update for the Switch has been delayed until 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post

Well that's just been a shit show since release.

https://nintendosoup.com/dark-blue-joy-con-coming-soon/

Seems like there are Dark Blue JoyCons (a shade of blue similar to the shade of red used in the Dark Red JoyCons) currently only available in the Nintendo HQ employee store.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post

MS can't even get it working on the Switch but wants to constantly cry about big bad Sony not accepting the terms of the update?

Chuggaaconroy gave a Q&A over Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    So I got Skyrim for Switch and am enjoying it (I actually really like the joycon lockpicking controls...you can FEEL the tumblers and when the pick is in the right spot). But my ONE MAJOR gripe is: the game is too damn dark! There is no in-game brightness control, and in some of the darker areas of the game it's basically complete blackness. While some may argue this adds immersion......they should still add a gamma slider. Even some of the regularly lit areas feel a bit darker than they should be.
    I also feel like torches dont light much.

- - - Updated - - -

I know this is going to be very niche, but I want Eternal Sonata on Switch.

https://twitter.com/MichaelH0894/sta...26374115835905

Well, you can't say Skyrim isn't bug free now.

- - - Updated - - -

Rumor: Damiani of Easy Allies has heard from sources GameFreak may be doing something "disruptive" with the Switch Pokemon games after the success of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey.

Go to 55:45 in the embedded video.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

Same issue I have with Skyrim, but...Skyrim I don't really feel bad about, more of just curious to still try. I may pick it up for the Switch if its ever like, $20-30.
    I feel for ya. I want to enjoy the Witcher games but the combat is just so bad but I really like the story.

The Xenoblade 2 visuals are so hit and miss with me.

The vibrant art style is great. The cloth physics are great. The ground textures and foliage are all great for Switch standards(as to be expected from Monolith).

Then we have most of the character faces, which look stupid. The in combat UI takes up too much screen real estate. The pop in, in towns seems to be as bad as NLA in X which is pretty bad and I expected better from a system with double the memory. I'd much rather characters become sprites at distance ala New Donk City then just randomly pop into the screen out of no where.

More good then bad, but man the faces are bad. Maybe I'm bias about the faces and it's really just Rex that is bad, really really fucking bad and also has an annoying voice and seems like a stereotypical dumbass JRPG main character in the vein of Sora, Tidus and Vaan etc.

Actually I think I would be infinitely more hyped for this game if Rex just flat out didn't exist. The other characters that we know a little about all seem infinitely more interesting. Yea I can just not play as Rex, but it won;t change the fact I'm going to have to look at his dumb face and hear his lame voice(both english and JP versions are bad) in the majority of cutscenes.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-11-19 at 03:51 AM.

Superman 64 didnt look good for n64 standards.... The fog to hide popups was 10x worse then Turok

Just look at that picture from the 1st level! The non green parts are supposed to be buildings and roads.