Thought you guys might find this interesting. I was doing some reading of the removed zg gear set quests and one of them really stood out.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Para...niac%27s_Wraps

"Warlocks tread dangerous ground in dealing with demons, but our demoniacs take this one step further. Through an ancient and arcane ritual, they allow a demon to enter their being. Rather than let it possess them though, they enslave the demon from the inside, absorbing the power of the beast for their own command. It is a feat few are ever able to master."

Sounds very similar to modern day demon hunters. I doubt anything will come of it but kind of interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And there were a lot less of them on average. You're also conveniently ignoring the rep missions, which give a lot of rep without even doing anything of note.
    in wotlk and mists there were shitloads of dailies, and other ways to farm rep. also, rep missions are RNG and can't be counted because they're not always available.

offering choices on how to get rep is better than limiting it to goad you into playing a certain way. they didn't pull this kind of goading bullshit in wotlk, and that's why it succeeded.

just let us nolife the shit out of something and grind it to exalted if we want to.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    in wotlk and mists there were shitloads of dailies, and other ways to farm rep. also, rep missions are RNG and can't be counted because they're not always available.

offering choices on how to get rep is better than limiting it to goad you into playing a certain way. they didn't pull this kind of goading bullshit in wotlk, and that's why it succeeded.

just let us nolife the shit out of something and grind it to exalted if we want to.
    Average Rep per day in MoP was about 2k. It took most reputations 21 days exactly to reach exalted with a few exceptions. The dailies and leveling quests were the only route to exalted.

Average Rep per day in Legion is 1200. It takes, just with the World Quests, about 35 Days to reach exalted. Factor in that there is 9 reputations and 1 per day gets a bonus of 1.2k you have, on average, 3 changes per month to get an extra 3.6k rep.

1200 x 31 + 3.6k = 40.8k Reputation. You need 42k for Exalted.

So. What we learn from this, when you take into consideration probabilities and how unpredictable something like a roll out of 9 is it is entirely feasible and in my experience a damn near guarantee you will be exalted by the 35 day mark. An upward increase of time investment of approx 14 days is honestly not even that bad, especially when you take into consideration that, at the start of Legion, we only had 6 Reputations to roll, not 9.

tl;dr IF it changed, it barely changed. Reputations are fine. You are witnessing a chronic whiner tell you that something is fine with the game.

Edit: Its even lower actually because its 1500 for the bonus, not 1200. You are really complaining about a nonissue tbh.
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2017-11-19 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

They're RNG, but they're far from rare. Not having at least one available is an exception.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Edit: Its even lower actually because its 1500 for the bonus, not 1200. You are really complaining about a nonissue tbh.
    Rep missions drive it far above that. You can get up to 2000/mission for the Broken Isles reps and 1k/mission for Argus reps.

And then there's the Soulstone drops from Argus rares.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They're RNG, but they're far from rare. Not having at least one available is an exception.

Rep missions drive it far above that. You can get up to 2000/mission for the Broken Isles reps and 1k/mission for Argus reps.

And then there's the Soulstone drops from Argus rares.
    I was trying to play it as fair as possible and as casual as possible. I am not disagreeing, I agree, its only gotten easier tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Narbootz View Post
    Thought you guys might find this interesting. I was doing some reading of the removed zg gear set quests and one of them really stood out.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Para...niac%27s_Wraps

"Warlocks tread dangerous ground in dealing with demons, but our demoniacs take this one step further. Through an ancient and arcane ritual, they allow a demon to enter their being. Rather than let it possess them though, they enslave the demon from the inside, absorbing the power of the beast for their own command. It is a feat few are ever able to master."

Sounds very similar to modern day demon hunters. I doubt anything will come of it but kind of interesting.
    This is literally what Meryl did. He is not a demon hunter though.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Soon the other one will pop-up for the next expansion
    This is true. And I will follow it, put my 2 cents in every now and again, and then miss it when it's gone just like all the others.

Hopefully the next one Blizzard while Gib Lizzards.
    Last edited by Honeyprime; 2017-11-19 at 03:18 AM.
    Karma always has the last laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why, but with Battle for Azeroth...I really want to play Warcraft II and III again...

Battle for Azeroth hype?

For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia Akamadaughter View Post
    I hate you for using that color text.
    Sorry, my attempt to only use non-visible characters didn't work.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    I don't know why, but with Battle for Azeroth...I really want to play Warcraft II and III again...

Battle for Azeroth hype?
    Same here. I am gonna replay the Rexxar campaign now and hope to see Rokhan in BfA, and maybe even Rexxar himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The thing is:

Which dragons attacked Kul'tiras? If it was Deathwing it would probably not be plural and most likely it's just say "the Cataclysm" instead. We haven't gotten the entire story for those three zones for sure so what if there is a dragon storyline in KT?
    Hmm its close to broken isle
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Which dragons attacked Kul'tiras? If it was Deathwing it would probably not be plural and most likely it's just say "the Cataclysm" instead. We haven't gotten the entire story for those three zones for sure so what if there is a dragon storyline in KT?
    They either made up some new lore we don't know yet, or it was reference to 2nd war.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

I've noticed in BFA there's a LOT more of diversity in the two new continents from the fem trolls, diverse ethnicity of Humans in Kul'tiras and so much more. I love where this is going.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

The 2nd war was before Daelin's death so it should be that. It may well be, it's not like they don't mess up on those interviews a lot. I am just saying, we only know something about the main plot of its zone. Dragons can still appear and there definitely is space for them to use them as b-list villains somewhere. Lizzards might be given!
    I hope not as villains, after all the shit the dragons have been put through since they ended up being semi-relevant to the story again.

I only barely held on and didn't quit WoW entirely after the thing with the DK class mount, if the dragons show up they need to be thrown a bone, not turned evil for the sake of it AGAIN.

Hehe, remember the whining for having to do two BGs for the cloak in MoP?
    To be honest, there was a bit more to it. The problem was not 'having to do' two BGs, but rather winning them. Lots of people who did not even know a thing about said BGs joined, which made the experience worse for pvpers. And since on a lot of server pools BGs can be rather one-sided, those two BGs could easily become ten. A PVP event today would likely be more balanced and not as frustrating to those who are not too pvp inclined.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I've noticed in BFA there's a LOT more of diversity in the two new continents from the fem trolls, diverse ethnicity of Humans in Kul'tiras and so much more. I love where this is going.
    All I need is a diversity of blue scrubs to kill.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    All I need is various # of red scrubs to kill.
    Fixed /10chaaaaaaaaaaaars
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Fixed /10chaaaaaaaaaaaars
    You mean ruined.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    To be honest, there was a bit more to it. The problem was not 'having to do' two BGs, but rather winning them. Lots of people who did not even know a thing about said BGs joined, which made the experience worse for pvpers. And since on a lot of server pools BGs can be rather one-sided, those two BGs could easily become ten. A PVP event today would likely be more balanced and not as frustrating to those who are not too pvp inclined.
    knowing it now i woudlnt suggest they do it again however i think it was a fair thing to ask.

Almost every time i entered there were 2 or 3 people sometimes half the raid who'd be like "I'm just here for the legendary, carry me please"

Unlike them I actually got pvp gear, listened to tactics and tried my best to help out int he best way for my class.

The reason why it was so bad was because A MAJORITY of players were entitled, selfish and intentionally DELIBERARETLY Rude.

multiple of the other parts of the quest required MONTHS. even the second shortest i believe was the Valor point one which took 5 weeks because of the cap.

the fact is that quest COULD have been completed in 20 minutes. its physcially possible.

That means from a design perspective they gave us the benefit of the doubt, and no matter how much you lost if you finished it within TWO WEEKS it was faster than any other part of the legendary quest.

The unforseen problem was to the extreme extent that players want something for nothing. These people didnt try , these people didnt want to help. these people didnt want to earn it. they just mindlessly entered BGs hoping someone else would do the work and insulted blizzard over it.

Yes i'd tell blizz to never do it again. but not because the quest was bad design (the entire point was to master all forms of pandaira, quests, raids, bgs, and reputation), but because many players are determined to make themselves miserable (see all those complaining about having to do 50 dailies a day when they said a good 20 times throughout the expansion that you shouldnt ) it was 'failure"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    as far as i saw there isnt any. the zandalari and blood trolls are all standard body type, i doubt ppl will be able to use the blood troll skin color. and we have no reason to believe that kul'tiran humans will be available.

if you know something i dont i'd be glad to hear it because if beta goes live and they havent added a TON to customization especially where humans(and elves) are involved (since they are the most human like races) i will be greatly disappointed in them going 6 years ignoring us about it (if its not in for this expansion then even if its next thats still 2 years away at least)

there was a very awkardly answered question in the Q and A and i wish we had some clarification

- - - Updated - - -

since i doubt they'd make fat, stout, skinny, very skinny, muscular body types for EVERY race which is the only way to interpret that answer, thus why i think it doesnt indicate anything substantial
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

The 2nd war was before Daelin's death so it should be that. It may well be, it's not like they don't mess up on those interviews a lot. I am just saying, we only know something about the main plot of its zone. Dragons can still appear and there definitely is space for them to use them as b-list villains somewhere. Lizzards might be given!
    I could be wrong, Warcraft 2 isn't my strong suite, but wasn't it the Horde that had the Dragons not the Alliance?