Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    Relax babes.

On topic, you should search YT for the Blizzcon '05 Dev's discussion on classes concerning balance and lore. Whilst their philosophy does make the game sound very dated it also makes alot of sense and is one of the things that appeals to this crowd of Legacy fans. Classic WoW is not a modern MMORPG, you start tweaking nobs and dials here and there and it starts to become a very different game. I think those that really want to play Classic WoW don't care that Mages are better DPS that Locks, or Priests are better healers than Druids. They don't care that raiding requires way more preparation than in modern WoW or that level cap cannot be reached in a 10 hour sitting.
    Yo, I'm a big dumb stupid baby. Can you link me that video? I'm actually VERY interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Why is it so hard to grasp that rebalancing classes inevitably leads to redoing gear, retuning all pve and pvp? It's too much work and the result IS NOT VANILLA.
    Yeah that's a big concern for why I'm leaning against it. Too many 'moving parts' that can cause the game to lose its 'authenticity'. Blizzard would have to extremely careful and exercise incredible foresight, because the game is not just balanced around raiding.
    Last edited by RapBreon; 2017-11-19 at 05:37 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    stop moaning as if this is a major issue.

you can't have classes being useless and not being selected for vanilla content. that is just silly argument to want that the same.

keep all the content the same and just introduce balance to the classes which given the years of exp at attempting this, Blizzard should be able to achieve to some extent.

at least enough of a balance that everything can be cleared assuming you know how to play your class/spec and are geared.

very simple solution and not a reason to be screaming the sky is falling.
    if they balance the classes but dont change the content, then the raids will be super fucking easy...

you are horrible, have horrible ideas, and are just a bad person.
    keep te content the same
    keep the clasees the same.

dank i used to think your posts funny just from how out of touch they were.
    but no you are just pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Vanilla doesn't need fixing, that's why people want it in the first place. Class balance is a huge issue in Vanilla that spans from (among other things):

classes lacking necessary abilities (Paladin taunt, strike ability) to

poor itemization (leather defense items) to

ability scaling mechanics (spellpower/ap scaling) to

tier sets (healing/tank-only bonuses) to

DoT vs direct damage classes (debuff limit on bosses) to

PvP (Enh Shamans and SPriests are already very strong in PvP but weak in PvE) all the way down to even

the basic function of main stats (intellect doesn't scale damage like strength and agility).

That's not even touching on the support class nature of most DPS specs for hybrids - they're intentionally designed to not do as much damage as pure DPS classes. Changing anything doesn't happen in a vacuum and to balance it will completely change the face of the game into something unrecognisable as Vanilla.

If you actually want Vanilla then you don't want rebalanced classes, because changing the game mechanics makes it not Vanilla anymore.
    perfect, 100% agreed. Stop yelling about class balance, thats juts not what vanilla was. VANILLA = FUN BECAUSE ITS 100% UNBALANCED!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Yeah except these 54 % weren't asking for vanilla. These 54 % are the forum trolls telling us for years that the dog ate the code and blizzard will never do it and that's it's just nostalgia and that the game was shit. Now that classic is coming they're creeping out of the wholes to spoil it for the people that were actually asking for classic and playing it on private servers.
    Or maybe it's people who want the vanilla game systems coupled with balanced classes. Get your head out of your ass.

If you want the vanilla experience, you will have the game exactly as it was. No changes. What, are you worried it might not be as good as you think?

Deleted
    I am going to offer ny opinion on this forum on this subject for the last time. I am part of the vanilla crowd. I am not part of the purist crowd. At this point any discussion on this forum on the subject of vanilla is completely pointless because apparently 90% of the purists here are mindless drooling 5 year old babies incapable of having a discussion and incapable of understanding that even people who fought for vanilla servers dont all want the same. You guys are so fucking lame. You are literally so stupid that you cant even see how your extremeism is slowing Down the process because you have to be muted and banner before a Real discussion Can be had beteeen grownups. Goddamnit your stupidity is frustrating

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nmarg85 View Post
    Gimmicks. You can do all those raids with just warriors, rogues, mages and priests. You probably will in classic since the population of shaman, paladins and druids is gonna be really low,
    No you want shamans for the God Totem (Windfury totem) that make your warriors, rogues op dps, you want a Paladin for Blessing of Kings to make the rest op you want druids for innervate the priests to make them op healers....

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I am going to offer ny opinion on this forum on this subject for the last time. I am part of the vanilla crowd. I am not part of the purist crowd. At this point any discussion on this forum on the subject of vanilla is completely pointless because apparently 90% of the purists here are mindless drooling 5 year old babies incapable of having a discussion and incapable of understanding that even people who fought for vanilla servers dont all want the same. You guys are so fucking lame. You are literally so stupid that you cant even see how your extremeism is slowing Down the process because you have to be muted and banner before a Real discussion Can be had beteeen grownups. Goddamnit your stupidity is frustrating
    why did you even fight for vanilla servers, then?

i don't get the mental gymnastics you have to go through to think that people who truly want the original game should accept changes to the original game. people who want the experience want the experience. if you don't want the game in the form that it was in back in 2004, then for the love of god, do. not. play. you don't have to.

i would absolutely prefer the classic servers being as original as humanly possible. no class rebalancing, no item rebalancing, just the original way the game was. PoM-Pyro one shots, Sulfuras wielding Enh Shamans, nothing but Warrior Tanks and Priest Healers, etc.

thankfully, the classic servers will more than likely be that because Blizzard understands what the people want. most of the popular private vanilla servers are pure, and that's what Blizzard will likely give us.

shut up or don't play. simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by bash the fash View Post
    The very first page had a comment about 'gypsies' having a 'thievery culture' so I knew this thread was gonna be a ride. Didn't disappoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    So you're just shit posting for the sake of it? You made a claim and dismiss any arguments in the same sentence. Bulb's a bit dim, eh?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhell View Post
    Shitpost.
    See here is the thing.

I actually dont mind if its compeltely vanilla. And i dont mind if there are small changes either.

But guys like YOU are ruining it for everyone else.

"shut up if you dont want the same thing as me"

Look at the front page of MMO-C and look what Blizzard themselves just told another fucking moronic 5 year old exactly like you on their official forums.

If you cant have a discussion about how vanilla servers are going to be handled without saying "its my way and you need to gtfo" then you arent old enough to be on a page like this.

I cant fathom how you are even able to breathe through all that self entitlement.

Edit:

Also you arent worthy of that avatar.

It should be 10+ years for that

That isn’t classic wow then.

you are an example of the problem. the discussion for what is and what is not wanted can not even be had.

you have a either with me or against me attitude. ashame because in the end vanilla servers will suffer. well done.

you are the problem, not him

you want one thing, others want another.. where does this stop? where is the line?

IN A PERFECT scenario its cool to have some balance.. but there is no perfect scenario

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    That isn’t classic wow then.
    This argument dont hold up. There are already things in place that make it not classic like non laggy servers for example

10+ Year Old Account
    if it wasn't part of vanilla it stays out of classic
    if it was in vanilla it stays in classic
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

stop moaning as if this is a major issue.

you can't have classes being useless and not being selected for vanilla content. that is just silly argument to want that the same.

keep all the content the same and just introduce balance to the classes which given the years of exp at attempting this, Blizzard should be able to achieve to some extent.

at least enough of a balance that everything can be cleared assuming you know how to play your class/spec and are geared.

very simple solution and not a reason to be screaming the sky is falling.
    No. People want the game it was, not a fucking remastered version with changes here and there. Stop the fucking silly threads, so many every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    This argument dont hold up. There are already things in place that make it not classic like non laggy servers for example
    that seems like a big excuse to ruin classic with class changes
    server lag is not the same thing as class changes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    No. People want the game it was, not a fucking remastered version with changes here and there. Stop the fucking silly threads, so many every day.
    exactly they named it wow classic
    not wow remastered
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Balancing the classes would leave a big impact on the rest of the world and take it away from what it was. Vanilla is vanilla and if people want to recreate that environment, that means Everything goes--even imbalance.

Here are some important things to keep in mind:

There isn't going to be another attempt to recreate a vanilla experience after this. They aren't going to release it and go 'well next time we'll Really nail it' or else at the very least we shouldn't ever assume that they will. We gotta take this seriously.

We also gotta stop looking at this project the way we look at the current game in terms of what we'd like to play with. This is like an archaeological record of days gone by. An interactive museum piece that people can enjoy if they choose to.

You can probably go and add stuff to a museums exhibits just for the helluvit or you think things should have been a certain way, but its fundamentally dishonest to the project and sooner or later someone is going to ask why the model of Wyatt Earp is holding a lightsaber.
    Last edited by Asotcha; 2017-11-19 at 07:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Class balancing will bring on a myriad of consequences. No thanks, please leave it as is!
    #NoChanges

See here is the thing.

I actually dont mind if its compeltely vanilla. And i dont mind if there are small changes either.

But guys like YOU are ruining it for everyone else.

"shut up if you dont want the same thing as me"

Look at the front page of MMO-C and look what Blizzard themselves just told another fucking moronic 5 year old exactly like you on their official forums.

If you cant have a discussion about how vanilla servers are going to be handled without saying "its my way and you need to gtfo" then you arent old enough to be on a page like this.

I cant fathom how you are even able to breathe through all that self entitlement.

Edit:

Also you arent worthy of that avatar.

It should be 10+ years for that
    this was the definition of a shitpost so idk why you said mine was.

i don't know what part of "make classic just like classic" is hard for you to get, but if you want me to get some crayons and draw it out for you, i will. people like YOU, regardless of what you say, want to even discuss ways to make classic "not" classic via changes to QoL or balancing. as soon as you do that it's no. longer. classic.

again, what about that is so incredibly hard to understand?
    Quote Originally Posted by bash the fash View Post
    The very first page had a comment about 'gypsies' having a 'thievery culture' so I knew this thread was gonna be a ride. Didn't disappoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    So you're just shit posting for the sake of it? You made a claim and dismiss any arguments in the same sentence. Bulb's a bit dim, eh?

Any meaningful change (or even most small ones too) to the balance will break the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I want Vanilla content with rebalanced classes. But even more than that, I want y'all to stop telling me what I want.
    Vanilla content with rebalanced classes isn't Vanilla. No one's telling you what you want, we're doing the same thing as saying "that's not a blue shirt" when you grab a purple one and tell us that you want to get it because it's blue.

You want what you want, but Vanilla is already thing with a definition. If what you want is explicitly not that specific thing then that thing is not what you want. If you want a spoon but you want it to also have tines on it then you don't want a spoon, you want a spork.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.