Poll: Which you prefer?

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i hate new models and new animations, then again vanilla models were updated multiple times(updated, not changed completely like they are now) so they were looking better later on tho they had same animations and looked the same, but more fresh.. i'd love them to use wrath models instead, but i'd be fine with vanilla ones

fuck new ones

Honestly, vanilla did NOT age well in the graphics department. Update the graphics, keep gameplay. It's not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    It's trolling. These threads should be locked automatically, because they don't serve anything useful, just playing with the nerves of sane ppl, who know what is classic and what to expect from it.
    I am sad to inform you that these forums exist for the purpose of discussion. You may want to shut down every opinion different from yours, but I doubt you will succeed. Which is good, because you definitely and absolutely should not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    I don't understand. Do you want to play Vanilla or not? Anything that changed the game when BC first launched is NOT VANILLA. You want to play Vanilla then you better be OK with the game as it was and no cherry picking of this or that. Anything else is just makes you a fraud. I got no respect for anyone that claims they're playing Vanilla and it's *Improved* Vanilla. I imagine a lot of actual Vanilla players won't go near it.
    The absence of anyone who would refuse to play over such petty grievances as optional improved graphics will not hurt the game. Au contraire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I am sad to inform you that these forums exist for the purpose of discussion. You may want to shut down every opinion different from yours, but I doubt you will succeed. Which is good, because you definitely and absolutely should not.
    The difference is that this particular topic, "altering classic" has nothing to do about opinions. It's out of question. If you add anything from further expansions, cherrypicking things from here and there, it's not classic/vanilla anymore. So having any kind of discussion in this matter is devoid of purpose, it has no point. It's just plain trolling.

The difference is that this particular topic, "altering classic" has nothing to do about opinions. It's out of question. If you add anything from further expansions, cherrypicking things from here and there, it's not classic/vanilla anymore. So having any kind of discussion in this matter is devoid of purpose, it has no point. It's just plain trolling.
    I disagree. This topic - just like the others! - is all about opinions. This thread was created with the purpose of people expressing their opinions about the necessity of new graphics in Classic. You wish it was a settled matter, but it is not. With Blizzard, nothing ever is. But even if it was, people would still be entitled to voice their opinions about it - just like those people who have been shitting on WoW from their pirate servers over design decisions.

Deleted
    I disagree. This topic - just like the others! - is all about opinions. This thread was created with the purpose of people expressing their opinions about the necessity of new graphics in Classic. You wish it was a settled matter, but it is not. With Blizzard, nothing ever is. But even if it was, people would still be entitled to voice their opinions about it - just like those people who have been shitting on WoW from their pirate servers over design decisions.
    How can be these type of ppl so dense?

"new graphics in Classic" Are you mad? Back in 2004., these new features were nonexistent. If you are unable to comprehend what classic means, then you should rethink your life. Even in the announcement movie, it shows that they scratch the whole timeline back to the classic core game, without expansions. It's classic, because it has no expansions. Expansions brought everything else that you ppl talk about and want to "add" to the classic game. It's nonsense, and it's out of question to argue about.

If you imagine classic with additions from further versions/expansions of the game, then you are clearly not the target audience of the classic experience. 1 more reason that your opinion is incompetent in this matter.

How can be these type of ppl so dense?

"new graphics in Classic" Are you mad? Back in 2004., these new features were nonexistent. If you are unable to comprehend what classic means, then you should rethink your life. Even in the announcement movie, it shows that they scratch the whole timeline back to the classic core game, without expansions. It's classic, because it has no expansions. Expansions brought everything else that you ppl talk about and want to "add" to the classic game. It's nonsense, and it's out of question to argue about.

If you imagine classic with additions from further versions/expansions of the game, then you are clearly not the target audience of the classic experience. 1 more reason that your opinion is incompetent in this matter.
    At this point, I must assume that you are not aware of the very concepts behind the terms "opinion" and "discussion". See, you claim a certain vision of Classic - that is your opinion. I have a different one. Exchanging these is called discussion and that is what forums are for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    As I see it, people, who ask for better graphics in Classic, aren't really aware of how Classic WoW used to play. I am afraid that when they will start playing, they will discover tons more of little things they'd like to change.

So I am all up for truly authentic Classic experience without any compromises.

After all, if it will be truly authentic Classic, based on old mpq file system, people will be able to mod-in any graphics they will want in the game, so I am sure there will be various "hi-res" packs available anyway.
    This isnt happening, Blizzard is specifically re-engineering classic due to flaws in the systems such as the mpq files.

Classic will be classic, the only thing I see them adding is maybe a scaled down version of our current group finder, but no automatic group finder. And optional graphics possibly. But honestly, wouldnt be suprised if they didnt.

However, no old school addons or mods will work with classic, they are using the retail API and safety measures, and they have to because Vanilla was full of exploits.

Deleted
    At this point, I must assume that you are not aware of the very concepts behind the terms "opinion" and "discussion". See, you claim a certain vision of Classic - that is your opinion. I have a different one. Exchanging these is called discussion and that is what forums are for.
    You can't have opinion about something that is out of question to talk about - talk about WoW 2.0, relating to an altered classic game, but don't call it classic/vanilla ever. Like this very thread, opinions about mixing classic with the current graphic elements and/or QoL improvements that happened/added after classic, have no point and are just about trolling and attention seeking.

You can't have opinion about something that is out of question to talk about - talk about WoW 2.0, relating to an altered classic game, but don't call it classic/vanilla ever. Like this very thread, opinions about mixing classic with the current graphic elements and/or QoL improvements that happened/added after classic, have no point and are just about trolling and attention seeking.
    There is nothing out of question to talk about. It is a fundamental freedom. Shall I spell out the meaning of freedom to you as well?

5+ Year Old Account
    I honestly can't understand how this is even an issue

Why can't we have both? Just make it an option and put the old graphics as either default or make you choose during install?

How does it hurt you if other people use better/worse graphics than you??
    For the [enter opposing faction here]

Get off that high horse of yours Sonol.

Deleted
    There is nothing out of question to talk about. It is a fundamental freedom. Shall I spell out the meaning of freedom to you as well?
    Freedom, you say. I say nonsense. These threads have nothing to add to the real discussions about classic. These are just ride the hype train, seeking for attention, trolling. They have no use, they are even degrading to some ppl that actually fought for the real classic game, not some kind of Frankenstein's monster that these trolls make out of it.

Freedom, you say. I say nonsense. These threads have nothing to add to the real discussions about classic. These are just ride the hype train, seeking for attention, trolling. They have no use, they are even degrading to some ppl that actually fought for the real classic game, not some kind of Frankenstein's monster that these trolls make out of it.
    Once again, that is your opinion, man. But whether players want improved graphics or not is a real discussion. Especially as many people were able to actually contribute their two cents, despite your efforts to shut the debate down.

Deleted
    Once again, that is your opinion, man. But whether players want improved graphics or not is a real discussion. Especially as many people were able to actually contribute their two cents, despite your efforts to shut the debate down.
    I think that you (and many here) still can't see the point.

Classic=Classic

Classic + graphics + QoL =/= Classic

Don't call it that way, leave classic/vanilla to be classic/vanilla and call your new mixed concept to WoW 2.0 or vanilla remaster, whatever. Ask Blizz for them as new options, but Blizz announced classic only so far.

I think that you (and many here) still can't see the point.

Classic=Classic

Classic + graphics + QoL =/= Classic

Don't call it that way, leave classic/vanilla to be classic/vanilla and call your new mixed concept to WoW 2.0 or vanilla remaster, whatever. Ask Blizz for them as new options, but Blizz announced classic only so far.
    Your opinion has been duly noted.

Now back to our regularly scheduled discussion about whether we would like improved graphics in Classic, that being the designated focus of this thread. I certainly would. How about you folks?

I really hope they keep it old graphics only. I don't care for the new models.

Deleted
    I have to laugh at all the vanilla "fascists" (I think "purist" doesn't do it anymore) unable to cope with the facts that we are not in 2004 anymore and it will not be a 1-to-1 copy of Vanilla WoW.
    Even amongst these so called vanilla diehard fans they can't unify on how certain aspects of the game should look like (battle net integration, bugs, addons, starting patch, etc...), which means when Classic will lauch, one person may get exactly the game they wanted and 99 more will keep bitching because "MUHnilla" is not like they envisioned it to be.

Regarding the actual topic of this thread, I would be happy for an OPTION of new graphics. If people want to play with 3 polygons in a model sure, let them, but since my PC is capable of running smooth with higher graphic setting (yeah we really ain't in 2004 anymore) I would like to do just that. If I would have to see that old water texture I would probably have to puke.
    Also I don't get those aforementioned fascists who have to impose their world (game) view on everyone around them. Saying it will have an implication on your gameplay is like saying 2+2 is 3. I do not know since when all vanilla players became RPers but i can guarantee i don't give two shits on how your crappy old model looks on my screen. And you can't mind my new model looking differently on your screen since you can have NO IDEA what graphics I was using when i made that char.

OT: I was planning to play Classic but after seeing the toxicity on these forums I will seriously have to rethink it, as community was supposed to be the biggest asset of Classic and come on... it will be unplayable with these salty asses running around.

Quote Originally Posted by Majkls View Post
    I have to laugh at all the vanilla "fascists" (I think "purist" doesn't do it anymore) unable to cope with the facts that we are not in 2004 anymore and it will not be a 1-to-1 copy of Vanilla WoW.
    Why?
    Even amongst these so called vanilla diehard fans they can't unify on how certain aspects of the game should look like (battle net integration, bugs, addons, starting patch, etc...), which means when Classic will lauch, one person may get exactly the game they wanted and 99 more will keep bitching because "MUHnilla" is not like they envisioned it to be.
    So far you're the one calling for controversial changes and calling everyone who don't agree a fascist.
    Regarding the actual topic of this thread, I would be happy for an OPTION of new graphics.
    What new graphics? Models? Let's skip the notion of how retarded the high-res models are going to look in the low res original world. But what makes you think that if Blizzard can't even support the old models alongside the new ones in the current version, they can in Classic? Also, you do realize that it's not only character models, right?

If people want to play with 3 polygons in a model sure, let them, but since my PC is capable of running smooth with higher graphic setting (yeah we really ain't in 2004 anymore) I would like to do just that. If I would have to see that old water texture I would probably have to puke.
    Is someone keeping you in the dungeon, making you to play Classic WoW? Why force yourself to play the game you don't like?

Also I don't get those aforementioned fascists who have to impose their world (game) view on everyone around them. Saying it will have an implication on your gameplay is like saying 2+2 is 3. I do not know since when all vanilla players became RPers but i can guarantee i don't give two shits on how your crappy old model looks on my screen. And you can't mind my new model looking differently on your screen since you can have NO IDEA what graphics I was using when i made that char.
    The irony here is that you're the one imposing your worldview on other saying how they should like what you like and how the game should be changed to please you.
    OT: I was planning to play Classic but after seeing the toxicity on these forums I will seriously have to rethink it, as community was supposed to be the biggest asset of Classic and come on... it will be unplayable with these salty asses running around.
    So you say that the moment you saw that people don't want "Classic+" and your opinion on how the game should be changed to please you specifically, you have reconsidered to play it.

- - - Updated - - -

Now back to our regularly scheduled discussion about whether we would like improved graphics in Classic, that being the designated focus of this thread. I certainly would. How about you folks?
    Now back to our regularly scheduled discussion about whether we would like to keep the original graphics in Classic, that being the designated focus of this thread. I certainly would. How about you folks?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    Now back to our regularly scheduled discussion about whether we would like to keep the original graphics in Classic, that being the designated focus of this thread. I certainly would. How about you folks?
    I sure don't mind keeping it as an option.