Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Considering how there is some foils to Anduin(Jaina, Genn Greymane). It's not like Humans are totally aligned in how they think, they just aren't outright assholes all the time(Speaking of which if Rodgers isn't around with Genn well that's sad). I doubt Night Elves have too much friction with humans. At worst they may just be less aggressive in combat(Unless you're a Worgen). There's only one issue that should be addressed with Night Elves: How they react to Teldrassil burning. If they don't get some spotlight related to it

Well that hurts the importance of the event.
    That's part of the issue in a different manner. All the important foils of Varian/Anduin, for human lore overall, are other humans.

Night Elves SHOULD have had more friction with humans, again, they are races with diametrically opposite backgrounds, it's just utterly lame how Night Elves have been made to follow the human's drum.

I'm not even saying how night elves should be different at core, just that they should. Making them more violent could have been a way, but that in cool, amazonian 10k years of training honing our skills to the max kind of way. For starters, Night elves should have been better served as frontline soldiers than any other race as they are the most martially trained race on the alliance, period.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    about void elves I think now you are seeing the truth about this whole thing !! Many complained about not having exactly what they wanted, but the more things they see about them, the more they like them! their aesthetics is great you can not resist!
    Yeah but at the core this is not about that. Like some people will be forever pissed and vocal about not getting to look like a high elf, and honestly I understand that. Yet I aim at the larger scheme of things; customization in wow is just very limited, and the new races kinda double down on that.

Also something pertinent about Void Elves and Nightborne: you can make a Nightborne that has night elf coloring, but you can't make a void elf that has blood elf coloring.

10+ Year Old Account
    The more I see about subraces, the more I'm glad that we're getting six extra character slots. >_>
    Hey

Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=277571/v...ilers#comments

So the Alliance get Dreadscar Rift 2.0 and Exodar Mini while the Horde get Suramar and Thunder Totem?

What a joke, we had better get Shadowforge City and Gilneas.
    I have to agree with this. Also don't forget that the Horde gets the beautiful and golden Zandalar.

And while yes on shadowforge city, I'm certainly not that exited about getting another human city, on top of yet another human city on Kul'tiras.

Also the Vindicaar was made by the dranei! they spent all their resources and then just give it to the Lightforged? whyyy???

5+ Year Old Account
    I somehow really can't believe a race not changing over 10 thousand years in terms of their morality and or how they feel about others.
    If it works just fine for 10,000 years, how much does it really need to change in the interim? Night Elves have known about humans for, what, 40 years at most? Yet their entire outlook just -happens- to line up so well that there's minimal difference between the two.

And yeah, even Racist Aunt Erma can change her stripes after she's confronted with enough truth to counteract her false beliefs, but that takes some significant time. And it wouldn't just be Tyrande that would need to change. All of the Night Elves born in those 10,000 years would be raised in the same beliefs and society...

There should be some bigger differences than are presented, is my feeling. It works fine enough as it is, but kinda makes the whole "Cheerleaders for humans" thing stand up and say "Hello."
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's part of the issue in a different manner. All the important foils of Varian/Anduin, for human lore overall, are other humans.

Night Elves SHOULD have had more friction with humans, again, they are races with diametrically opposite backgrounds, it's just utterly lame how Night Elves have been made to follow the human's drum.

I'm not even saying how night elves should be different at core, just that they should. Making them more violent could have been a way, but that in cool, amazonian 10k years of training honing our skills to the max kind of way. For starters, Night elves should have been better served as frontline soldiers than any other race as they are the most martially trained race on the alliance, period.
    I'm fine with being more trained, being more salty then humans....meh. Point still stands, Blizzard has to actually use them(While not screwing humans over like some people in this forum would, thread notwithstanding).

If it works just fine for 10,000 years, how much does it really need to change in the interim? Night Elves have known about humans for, what, 40 years at most? Yet their entire outlook just -happens- to line up so well that there's minimal difference between the two.
    Even a few years can change people's perceptions, especially if massive events happen in the process. Azeroth has near constant war. So of course they'll change. Just staying the same way they were when the Kal'dorei were an empire seems......very unlikely.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2017-12-02 at 09:55 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=277571/v...-text-spoilers

Well here is hoping Quel'thalas could be changed...
    Still too I'm seriously glad that the Blood Elves get more lore in World of Warcraft.

Any Wretched still in Quel'thalas? Could make a good mob for the Magister Umbric and his followers to face testing out their Void powers.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=277571/v...-text-spoilers

Well here is hoping Quel'thalas could be changed...
    Still too I'm seriously glad that the Blood Elves get more lore in World of Warcraft.

Any Wretched still in Quel'thalas? Could make a good mob for the Magister Umbric and his followers to face testing out their Void powers.
    Well... with the Nightborne in the Horde, couldn't they find a way to bring them back to their former selfs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    So let's talk about old people.

I'm guessing that if you live in America you probably have that Racist grandparent or aunt or uncle or something who makes people uncomfortable at Thanksgiving Dinner but you really can't -address- the issue 'cause the last time someone tried the racist family member got into a screaming match about how they're "Just telling the truth" or something similar.

Every generation we move further and further forward on the issue of race in America. Sometimes we stumble, and usually we don't make -too- much progress, but we're making our way towards not being completely horrible. But guess what? 40 years from now, you're going to be Racist aunt Erma. At least by comparison to society's new standards that other people get and understand while you're out of touch with the truth 'cause your idea of whatever topic it is was cemented 15-30 years before that point.

Now imagine Racist Aunt Erma is 10,000 years old and got her ideas when she was only 1,000 years old. You know. Back when the Pyramids were being built.

Now imagine an -entire- society like that. Where the oldest people almost invariably had control over society because of royal bloodlines that never really go anywhere 'cause people live for tens of thousands of freaking years.

Tyrande Whisperwind's cultural outlook should be so outdated that Archaeologists don't bother pulling up ancient relics, they just talk to her. Her ideas of what sort of things are or aren't appropriate were cemented into her personality before the Scarab Wall went up in Silithus. Her whole society should be so culturally out of touch with everyone else that it's terrifying.

Instead she's treated as a particularly tall and blue religious human in her 30s-40s.

Narratively speaking, Elves should be regressive as hell, Dwarves only slightly less so, and both view humans as whackjobs who are so quick to grab and discard ideas and social norms that it's amazing they haven't destroyed themselves.
    Social interactions are not equations. Views can be and are very often a subject to political narration, nothing more than social engineering. What we believed, learned 50 years ago might be a lost truth, replaced with false gospel. With enough power one can sponsor, buy research, set a course of whole of academia. Ostracize, discredit and send dogs of war after dissidents. All of it to control masses. The very notion of equality might be a downfall of civilization in making. Gods never disappear, they merely transform. Some seek consolation in holy scriptures, others put their hands on scientific papers. The second ones are winning, for reality grounded notions carry aroma of sophistication to those who wish to pet their ego.

Elves and Tyrande survived well for thousands of years while clinging to their beliefs. These new brave times of open mindedness shall bring fire to Teldrassil very, very soon.

I'm fine with being more trained, being more salty then humans....meh. Point still stands, Blizzard has to actually use them(While not screwing humans over like some people in this forum would, thread notwithstanding).
    I mean yeah, if Night Elves don't get something to do after Teldrassil gets burned to the ground, what even.

Where did you get the salty from tho?

Even a few years can change people's perceptions, especially if massive events happen in the process. Azeroth has near constant war. So of course they'll change. Just staying the same way they were when the Kal'dorei were an empire seems......very unlikely.
    The issue is that night elves had their very own, non human society and pov up until the third war, who was like, what 20 years. Just 20 years for a total shift of culture that ends up with them just agreeing with humans on everything. That's just highly unlikely, specially since it means they are defaulting to human morals and ethics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Yeah but at the core this is not about that. Like some people will be forever pissed and vocal about not getting to look like a high elf, and honestly I understand that. Yet I aim at the larger scheme of things; customization in wow is just very limited, and the new races kinda double down on that.

Also something pertinent about Void Elves and Nightborne: you can make a Nightborne that has night elf coloring, but you can't make a void elf that has blood elf coloring.
    i agree with you...excellent points. but seriously...lets say im fine with void elves even if i wanted high elves. and i think i am....you know what ruins this..''race'' for me? 1) they probably don't even have the numbers to being called a race. how many exiled void elves do you think they are going to be in lore? 100? 500? hell lets say they are 1000....its still few...they don't have the numbers...and that means they don't have a future....and my god....dont get me started about their hub/miny capital....its ugly AS FUCK....why a void rift? blizzard could use the old quel'thalas zone from vanila above stratholme which is still accesible there are videos how to go there.. as their exiled place and expand it...blizzard please i am sick as fuck to travel to other worlds/dimensions in this game...i want my race to have a place connected to azeroth..

this is the place im saying :
    https://syrco.files.wordpress.com/20...012_215506.jpg
    https://syrco.files.wordpress.com/20...012_215550.jpg
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...qd8SrN1lyG4nPw

its unused...why not use it now :/..its isolated and close to quel'thalas, the home of the void elves even if they are exiled....seriously sometimes i believe we the players think way better than the people who actually work for blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I have to agree with this. Also don't forget that the Horde gets the beautiful and golden Zandalar.

And while yes on shadowforge city, I'm certainly not that exited about getting another human city, on top of yet another human city on Kul'tiras.

Also the Vindicaar was made by the dranei! they spent all their resources and then just give it to the Lightforged? whyyy???
    once again agreed......but you know what even if gilneas is another human city it is there and its a shame for worgen to still be homeless after so many years dont you think...genns dream is to reclaim gilneas!! and their tree in darnassus is gone now! now is the time! if the new allied races can have their own home then worgen that are considered a basic complete race should have a home too....blizzard already have the model for a rebuilt gilneas (the one when you start level 1 worgen and gilneas is in perfect shape) so they wont even need to work so much on this...we allies got fucked regarding allied races and their homes...at least give us this!

10+ Year Old Account
    The issue is that night elves had their very own, non human society and pov up until the third war, who was like, what 20 years. Just 20 years for a total shift of culture that ends up with them just agreeing with humans on everything. That's just highly unlikely, specially since it means they are defaulting to human morals and ethics.
    It's more likely the humans rubbed off on them then just staying the same way. They went through with them to Outland, Faced the Scourge, endured the Cataclysm went to Pandaria and fought the Horde, endured ANOTHER Legion invasion and now Teldrassil is going to burn. We're going in circles but I feel it's really stupid for them not to change.

I mean yeah, if Night Elves don't get something to do after Teldrassil gets burned to the ground, what even.

Where did you get the salty from tho?
    Salty, super aggressive, it was just another word for me to use.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Well... with the Nightborne in the Horde, couldn't they find a way to bring them back to their former selfs?
    Probably the Nightborne could say they can give a cure to the Wretched...but Lor'themar could also say...Bahh they are lost...No use in curing lost souls!

Still wondering too what the war will affect everyone and somehow the Old Gods get away with their plans...
    Like all this war was a Old God plot and the Horde feel for it.

I'm hoping to that old enemies reappear as well;

The Old God's Forcers -Faceless ones and other nasties-

The Nazjatar Empire -Queen Azshara and her Naga, with other sea related creatures-

The Twilight's Hammer -More small pockets still out there-

And many more baddies...
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If Theryn can't be brought back, neither can the Wretched imo.
    Wretched aren't as far gone as withered though, they aren't feral. Nightfallen and Wretched seem to be equal in terms of being screwed up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If Theryn can't be brought back, neither can the Wretched imo.
    Well too that reminds me of something...

First Arcanist Thalyssra - "Such a wondrous place you have here Regent Lord...Say what are those elf things? They kinda remind of the Withered our fallen brethren"

Lor'themar Theron - "Ahhh...those...They are called Wretched...Vile things indeed...So you want to explore our Sunwell now or..."

First Arcanist Thalyssra - "We can give a cure to the Wretched...Make them free from the curse"

Lor'themar Theron - "Bahh they are lost...No use in curing lost souls! Let's go to the Sunwell"
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Expansion preorder bonus. Will be available only after expansion is purchaseable.
    Let me put it another way: while we can infer that, I don’t believe there’s anything on the technical level that you can point to and say “this shows allied races are intended for 7.3.5 and not pre patch.” (Unless marlamin posted something I missed). What I’m wondering is this: why on the PTR is there apparently content in the game we can’t test?

7+ Year Old Account
    Someone should try throwing theryn into the nightwell.

That could restore him.

Or destroy him.

Oooor turn him into a massive mana eating monster.

Its worth a try.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Someone should try throwing theryn into the nightwell.

That could restore him.

Or destroy him.

Oooor turn him into a massive mana eating monster.

Its worth a try.
    The worst thing that could happen is turning him into a world boss. Worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    Let me put it another way: while we can infer that, I don’t believe there’s anything on the technical level that you can point to and say “this shows allied races are intended for 7.3.5 and not pre patch.” (Unless marlamin posted something I missed). What I’m wondering is this: why on the PTR is there apparently content in the game we can’t test?
    If Allied races weren't ment to be preorder bonus during 7.3.5, there would be no reason to put so much of tgem into this patch. They could have just included all of this in 8.0.

i agree with you...excellent points. but seriously...lets say im fine with void elves even if i wanted high elves. and i think i am....you know what ruins this..''race'' for me? 1) they probably don't even have the numbers to being called a race. how many exiled void elves do you think they are going to be in lore? 100? 500? hell lets say they are 1000....its still few...they don't have the numbers...and that means they don't have a future....and my god....dont get me started about their hub/miny capital....its ugly AS FUCK....why a void rift? blizzard could use the old quel'thalas zone from vanila above stratholme which is still accesible there are videos how to go there.. as their exiled place and expand it...blizzard please i am sick as fuck to travel to other worlds/dimensions in this game...i want my race to have a place connected to azeroth..

this is the place im saying :
    https://syrco.files.wordpress.com/20...012_215506.jpg
    https://syrco.files.wordpress.com/20...012_215550.jpg
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...qd8SrN1lyG4nPw

its unused...why not use it now :/..its isolated and close to quel'thalas, the home of the void elves even if they are exiled....seriously sometimes i believe we the players think way better than the people who actually work for blizzard.
    Honestly yeah. They are not a race, they are a flavor. They just don't seem at all like they have any sort of longevity as a self perpetuating group of people with their own culture. Such squalor

once again agreed......but you know what even if gilneas is another human city it is there and its a shame for worgen to still be homeless after so many years dont you think...genns dream is to reclaim gilneas!! and their tree in darnassus is gone now! now is the time! if the new allied races can have their own home then worgen that are considered a basic complete race should have a home too....blizzard already have the model for a rebuilt gilneas (the one when you start level 1 worgen and gilneas is in perfect shape) so they wont even need to work so much on this...we allies got fucked regarding allied races and their homes...at least give us this!
    Good for Gilneans, but at the end of the day is just sucks for the rest of the alliance that our new featured/regained lands are human cities. You get me?

- - - Updated - - -

It's more likely the humans rubbed off on them then just staying the same way. They went through with them to Outland, Faced the Scourge, endured the Cataclysm went to Pandaria and fought the Horde, endured ANOTHER Legion invasion and now Teldrassil is going to burn. We're going in circles but I feel it's really stupid for them not to change.
    Again, why would be human morality the default here. I'm not saying they shouldn't change, the xenophobia? glad they are past that. But that all their morality and ethics end up aligning with humans with no friction? that's just silly. It just makes them look like they had nothi

Salty, super aggressive, it was just another word for me to use.
    Those two things aren't the same, neither is aggressive the same as violent, or efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    If Allied races weren't ment to be preorder bonus during 7.3.5, there would be no reason to put so much of tgem into this patch. They could have just included all of this in 8.0.
    Oh I definitely believe they will be in the prepurchase in 7.3.5, whichever comes second, but still would like something truly solid