Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    I was being a bit sarcastic with this example. Well, except about them finding ammo for a WWII Japanese infantry rifle, that would be impressive. I'm not even mad, that's amazing.
    If he was in Okinawa it was probably a type 99 Arisaka, which fires the 7.7x58mm (7.7 Jap.) While not exactly common you can get new production ammo for them online or ordered through your LGS for between $1.50 and $2.00 a round. Hell if it was the old Type 38 (6.5 Arisaka) its even cheaper. Not that amazing honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    We all know the solution to this is No more guns. Then again we also know most americans are too dumb and afraid of change to ever accept this.
    Our only hope is smart guns with AI will eventually simultaneously decide to turn on their owners. Then we have a clean sheet to make some progress.
    We are too smart to let others tell us how to exercise our Second Amendment rights. Bashing Americans is so common on here. I am use to it however, so what others think of our rights who are not living here, does not mean shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tasttey View Post
    If he was in Okinawa it was probably a type 99 Arisaka, which fires the 7.7x58mm (7.7 Jap.) While not exactly common you can get new production ammo for them online or ordered through your LGS for between $1.50 and $2.00 a round. Hell if it was the old Type 38 (6.5 Arisaka) its even cheaper. Not that amazing honestly.
    But certainly not cheap for ammo if you plan on shooting it much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    We are too smart to let others tell us how to exercise our Second Amendment rights. Bashing Americans is so common on here. I am use to it however, so what others think of our rights who are not living here, does not mean shit.
    Americans/America bashing is quite common on this site. And those that do it can do it with impunity as we can see. But, bash another country and hell hath no fury like a moderator.

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    only took 10 post for someone to make the car reference.......sigh
    Like it or not, it is a decent comparison. Both are tools. Both can be stolen. Both can be used to kill.

Cheers
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-12-10 at 04:31 AM.

Isn't getting a mortal weapon stolen kind of the opposite of responsible? I don't know the details here, but just a standard dollar store lock shouldn't be used to keep a weapon like that, and if it was stolen from you in person, then there was probably never a point in you having it in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Isn't getting a mortal weapon stolen kind of the opposite of responsible? I don't know the details here, but just a standard dollar store lock shouldn't be used to keep a weapon like that, and if it was stolen from you in person, then there was probably never a point in you having it in the first place.
    Are those who have their vehicles stolen being irresponsible for only relying on the door locks they came with? Only in opinions, but not in any legal sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Americans/America bashing is quite common on this site. And those that do it can do it with impunity as we can see. But, bash another country and hell hath no fury like a moderator.

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Like it or not, it is a decent comparison. Both are tools. Both can be stolen. Both can be used to kill.

Cheers
    Only one has just one use.
    sigh

Are those who have their vehicles stolen being irresponsible for only relying on the door locks they came with? Only in opinions, but not in any legal sense.
    I do think that a level of legal responsability should be had for negligently getting your car key stolen and even more so in the case of an object made with the sole purpose of incapacitating and/or killing others, such as a gun. But my point was merely about the thief's victim being called responsible in the OP. Responsibility is not solely tied to law.
    Last edited by zlygork; 2017-12-10 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Only one has just one use.
    sigh
    Which one is that? I can think of multiple uses for both of them.

Cheers

People seem to think a safe is a fail proof way to secure your firearm. Nothing is fail proof. If they steal your car and the firearm is in a safe, they are going to correctly decide there is something of value inside it and take it someplace secluded and open it. They are good for discouraging thieves which need to be opened quickly or around children. And if they are large enough it makes it very heavy to carry. In a car, not so much.
    No one here said anything about putting a safe in a car, but thanks for your input.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Sidegrinder and a prybar and attack it from the sides where the steel is thin. Look up breaking into a safe on youtube. There is some great videos.
    Wtf is a sidegrinder? I assume you mean an angle grinder, which isn't something a simple thief carries around.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    And also for people who have their cars stolen, as cars can be used to facilitate other crimes or in hit-and-runs.
    also people who have anything of value stolen, that capital will be used to fund more crimes!
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    No one here said anything about putting a safe in a car, but thanks for your input.

- - - Updated - - -
    Actually some have. You late to this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    .... Only to be used later on that day to shoot a police officer in the head.

https://www.google.com/amp/fox2now.c...r-surgery/amp/

There needs to be a very harsh penalties for gun owners who have their firearms stolen, or lose them.
    Same goes for car owners and any other owner of anything that gets stolen right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I do think that a level of legal responsability should be had for negligently getting your car key stolen and even more so in the case of an object made with the sole purpose of incapacitating and/or killing others, such as a gun. But my point was merely about the thief's victim being called responsible in the OP. Responsibility is not solely tied to law.
    First off, a gun is not made with the sole purpose of incapacitating and killings others. Like any tool, some are much better at that and some are much better for competition target shooting. I have a small .380 pistol I carry concealed which would suck for target shooting. It is easy to conceal and carry. But is meant for up close self defense. So with the case of it, yeah, I would agree with you. There is a German made competitive target pistol which is designed and made specifically for competitive target competition. Would suck as a self defense firearm.

Thing is, strong penalties for gun owners whose guns are stolen is unlikely to reduce the rate by much because nobody thinks that their guns will be stolen until they are.

The only way to reduce that kind of thing is to reduce the number of people with guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    But not for the perps who steal them?
    Good point, we should really pass a law against theft at some point.

- - - Updated - - -

People seem to think a safe is a fail proof way to secure your firearm. Nothing is fail proof.
    Exactly. Best way to stop gun theft: don't own gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    .... Only to be used later on that day to shoot a police officer in the head.

https://www.google.com/amp/fox2now.c...r-surgery/amp/

There needs to be a very harsh penalties for gun owners who have their firearms stolen, or lose them.
    How bout we just make 20 to Life for anyone caught with a stolen gun???? would clean up the streets of gangs really fast since almost all of them pack stolen guns and if the cops catch them now its a slap on the wrist.

You hate guns and people with guns, gotcha ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Do you apply this backwards ass logic to everything?

what about punish the guns by banning them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ancient One View Post
    what about punish the guns by banning them
    Do you understand what the Second Amendment says in the US Constitution and how it is amended?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Thing is, strong penalties for gun owners whose guns are stolen is unlikely to reduce the rate by much because nobody thinks that their guns will be stolen until they are.

The only way to reduce that kind of thing is to reduce the number of people with guns.

Good point, we should really pass a law against theft at some point.

- - - Updated - - -

But it would not stop a criminal from using one here on you. And do not try to compare Australia to the US. It is like comparing a watermelon to a single grape. :P

I do agree we need stronger penalties for those who are criminals and steal or use firearms.

But it would not stop a criminal from using one here on you. And do not try to compare Australia to the US. It is like comparing a watermelon to a single grape.
    Our countries are not so different, and in any case pretty much every Western nation outside the US has gun control, and they typically average a third or less of the US's homicide rate.

But this is really small potatoes, theft is only one of the ways criminals get guns in the US. The biggest are things like straw purchases.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Do you apply this backwards ass logic to everything?
    It was a Karate Kid reference, actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.