Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Closed SRP Signup] "Time-Lost"

The events herein take place in the current timeline, after the defeat of Deathwing. The following paragraphs are a setup for things to come. If you wish to participate, you'll have to choose a side. I will start the thread when there's around 3 people interested in each side; 6 participants in total, though slightly more is okay, as long things are kept moving.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sands of time heal all wounds. Nozdormu felt the sands cascade down his draconic shape, flowing around torn flesh and battered scales, slowing down infection and speeding up regeneration. The final battle against Deathwing had taken its' toll on all the remaining Aspects, but in the end, Azeroth had been spared a terrible fate. None knew this better than the Aspect of Time, he who had seen the End Time wherein his alternate self had hidden, trying desperately to avoid a fate that had been written at the dawn of his own creation.
    The final push against his former ally Neltharion, long lost to madness, had drained himself and his allies of their titan-given powers. No longer could he flow up- and downstream time with merely a thought. The Hour of Twilight had passed, and now the future was uncertain. The age of mortals had begun, and he could no longer see with clarity what it could bring. Uncertainity of things to come... it was a peculiar sensation indeed.

Still, the Bronze Flight would still police the timeways, as they always have, and hopefully- always would. Though some things would be different, now that the Hour of Twilight had come and gone. The course of events to come would have to be extrapolated. Decisions would have to be made with the possibility that they may be the wrong ones. Travel through time's gateways would be more manual than before. But they would adapt. The idea of change was not unknown to Nozdormu's brood, of course, but still... things had been set in stone for millenia. It would take a lot of getting used to.
    A single grain of sand landed on the middle of Nozdormu's head. Its' presence tugged at the vestiges of the Aspect's mind. Somewhere, at this very moment, a series of events was unfolding which' course would threaten to unravel the current reality as Azeroth knew it. The Aspect rose up, wounds still in the midst of healing.

"Chronormu."
    The sociable dragon in gnomish guise appeared before the great hourglass Nozdormu was recovering in, having known in advance she would be called here soon. Nozdormu's head rose, gold-glittering sands cascading down the sides of his great jaws.
    "I sense a disturbance in the frozen norths. Something... Someone is there, that should not be there." The Aspect spoke. Chromie frowned. It was the first time she heard her broodfather speak while not seeming all-knowing. She knew it wouldn't be the last time.
    "Someone is prying into a timeline that is not supposed to be, but I do not know whom, or where. The disturbance I sense is a direct result of things yet to come. Gather trustworthy allies; from the flight, or mortals aligned to our cause, and seek it out."
    Chromie bowed at her Aspect. "I'll send out the word. Where is it we'll be heading, Father?" She asked, a hint of awkwardness in her voice. The first time hearing Nozdormu speak without absolute certainity, was followed by the first time having to ask for more information than initially given.
    Chromie was relieved when Nozdormu did know the answer. "The Engine of the Makers. Gather at Wyrmrest and make your way there, it should be safe now that the servants of the old gods have withdrawn from Dragonblight."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Choluna's brow was furrowed. Granted, this dwarf had been of help getting supplies to the Molten Front, so a favor like this was something they could do in return... but his impatience and insistence was insufferable to the druid, especially in a place of reverence like this.
    "Please, sir Thunderbeard, have some patience. Communing with the Aviana is not as simple as writing a letter." The tauren druidess looked back at the old dwarf behind her.
    He paced back and forth in the other room, taking the opportunity to look into the shrine beyond where Choluna was communing every time he passed the doorway. "I dunnae ask fer much, lass. I've sent thousands o' gold into th' Molten Front when yer mountain was to be set aflame. Now that peace 'as returned, all I ask is ta talk to yer deity."
    One of the guarding Druids of the Talon placed a hand on Chonar's shoulder, gently yet insistently pushing him away from the doorway. "Again, master dwarf, please keep a respectable distance from our shrine." The nightelf looked down at the dwarven thane.
    Chonar grumbled, taking another step back, leaning on his cane and staring down the doorway into Aviana's shrine. To him, the room didn't look any more special than any other place within the great tree, and the cacophony of birdcalls was steadily driving him to the edge. An hour had passed since he had requested a meeting with the Talon Druids' demigoddess, and while they did favor his request, he found the speed at which druids got things done much too slow to his liking. That, and they didnt allow him to light his pipe while inside their tree.

Finally, a ray of brilliant light shone down in the center of the shrine, wherein a brilliantly whitefeathered woman- half bird, half humanoid, descended. She kept hovering in place, wings gently keeping her aloft. She cocked her head, looking past Choluna at the dwarf standing in the other room, before turning her gaze at Choluna. "Yes?" Was all she said.
    Choluna kneeled in reverence, prostating herself before the winged deity. "Great Aviana, matron of al flying creatures, I'm sorry to disturb you from your travels... There is a dwarf here, one who has supported our cause in the Molten Front. He would like speak with you."
    Aviana looked past the druidess towards the dwarf again, a mild look of disdain on her face. "Why would anything so... earthbound, wish to speak to me?" The disdain turned to curiosity as she pondered her own question. "Let him in."

Thats all the invitation Chonar needed, the old dwarf stepping past the guarding druids, into Aviana's shrine. The demigoddess cocked her head again, eyeing the dwarf as if he was little more than a rat morsel to feed to her hatchlings. Only when he bowed before her, that demeanor visably changed. "You have my attention, dwarf. What is it you seek from Aviana?"
    The old dwarf began explaining. "Thank you, great Aviana. I stand before ye in pursuit o' knowledge, knowledge I'm not sure ye have. But if anyone on Azeroth knows, it would be you."
    Aviana's curiosity was peaked. "What is it you want to learn?"
    "Ravenspeech."

Aviana's eyes glimmered momentarily. "That... is the tongue my mate of aeons ago spoke. The language of the ravens... It hasn't been uttered by the sentient races of Azeroth in millenia. How do you know of it?"
    Chonar paced back and forth as he kept his eyes on Aviana, speaking of what he knew. "On th' world of th' Orcs, Draenor, there are ravens. Ravens like those of Azeroth, physically similar in every way. How the same species gets to live on two different worlds, I dunnae know. The Arakkoa people, indigenous folk o' Draenor, speak this tongue amongst 'emselves, and to their ravens. While some o' em have learned Common since our many expeditions to Outland, none o' them can be convinced to teach it to me. 'Owever, I need to know this language, fer I feel like only th' Arakkoan people know o' a solution to th' haunting that plagues me."
    Aviana cocked her head again. "Haunting?"
    Chonar made a dismissive gesture. "Nothin' tae bother a demigoddess with, honestly. You 'ave better things tae do than trouble yerself with th' concerns o' an old man. Can you help me?"
    Aviana hovered in place. "Describe the Arakkoa to me, dwarf."
    The old dwarf grumbled. "Large. Vicious. Beaks o' ravens, actin' much like em. Many o' them turned to the shadow. Havent seen 'em fly, but they're definitely birds. Kinda smell f-"
    Choluna coughed audibly into a fist.
    Chonar didn't finish that sentence. Instead, he looked up at Aviana, who seemed lost in thought. "... Draenor is not my world, and I am not part of it. But some universal rules apply. If these people are birds, but if they cannot fly, then their wings are clipped; never to take to the skies again. There is no greater punishment for any avian, unless they're walkers... but going by your description, they're not. These people must have been punished for a terrible transgression. I'm not sure if I should help you, sir dwarf. If anything, I would advice you never to seek these people out again."
    Chonar dropped to a knee. "Please, mistress o' the skies. If ye decide that fer me, you condemn me to a terrible fate. Allow me to help meself- anythin' I do on Draenor couldn't possibly endanger Azeroth." He pleaded.
    Aviana pondered this for a moment. Eventually, she took hold of one of her feathers, plucking it out of her wing, and held it down.
    "I take no responsibility for your demise, should you mingle with the Arakkoa and find your end by their hands, sir dwarf. Take my feather, and you will understand and speak Ravenspeech- if you concentrate."
    Chonar took the feather and bowed deep, thanking the demigoddess. Aviana nodded. "But... good luck." She added, before vanishing in a burst of light and an echoeing screech.

As Chonar exited the great tree of the Druids of the Talon, Choluna headed after him and stopped him. "Sir Thunderbeard. Allow me to send out the word that you are heading to the Outland. The cenarion expedition has had far less encounters with the Arakkoa than we would've liked, and I think the Druids of the Talon could learn much."
    The dwarf hrm'd, "Arent ye worried about Aviana's warnings, lass? Ye 'eard her, wingclipped folk may be far more dangerous than I initially thought."
    Choluna nodded. "All the more reason for you to go there with a team, sir dwarf. I'll send out word to anyone loyal to our cause, and beyond. See who heeds the call."
    Chonar nodded in turn. "Aye. I'll pay a mage to open a portal to Shattrath. Tell anyone interested to meet me in Ironforge in one week."
    "Ironforge?" Choluna frowned.
    "Aye, Ironforge. Whats wrong with.."
    He looked at the tauren.
    "Oh, right." He rubbed his chin through his full grey beard. "Very well, tell anyone who aint welcome in Ironforge ta make their way ta Shattrath on their own then. One week."

Last edited by Chonar; 2012-03-01 at 08:56 AM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I shall bring Ronacus with the Skettis Expedition. And I think I will have him under the guise of Roka.

Also I love the separate starting places. Can't wait to see how you interconnect them ^.^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonfictionless View Post
    I shall bring Ronacus with the Skettis Expedition. And I think I will have him under the guise of Roka.

Also I love the separate starting places. Can't wait to see how you interconnect them ^.^
    It'll make sense.
    Eventually both parties will cross, and depending on the actions and decisions of the participants, events I've planned can unfold in 4 different ways. 5 if you count.. hm, well. Anyway, it'll make sense.

Deleted
    Might be interested in this, not sure if it will involve Arakkoa. What I mean is like against or with. So depending on wich one I might be joining with my arakkoa, sadly I don't got time to read through this just now so willl come back to you regarding that

I'll bring along Rakaenormi on behalf of the Bronze Dragonflight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazat View Post
    Might be interested in this, not sure if it will involve Arakkoa. What I mean is like against or with. So depending on wich one I might be joining with my arakkoa, sadly I don't got time to read through this just now so willl come back to you regarding that
    There'll be hostile Skettis Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id like to join up, but I haven't decided on which character yet, or if I should make a new character for this :/

Deleted
    Ahh okey Chonar Don't think my Arakkao would fit then Good luck with this RP anyway, will be following it

I would like to sign up, on behalf of the Bronze Dragonflight (<3 Nozdormu). Either my warrior, Salarissian, or my BE druid, Larthian Dawnbreaker, will have to choose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sofar:

Skettis Expedition (starting in Shattrath):
    Chonar
    Ronacus

Bronze Flight (starting at Wyrmrest):
    Chromie (NPC)
    Rakaenormi
    Salarissian / Larthian Dawnbreaker

--------------------------

Anyone else interested?

Deleted
    this i still going? else i am come with my Vindicator yalaa

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sáfarie View Post
    this i still going? else i am come with my Vindicator yalaa
    Certainly is. I've no problem leading an RP whilst participating in the other.

Is Vindicator Yalaa a friend to the Bronze Flight, or more interested in assisting adventurers in Shattrath?

Deleted
    She don't have any connections with the bronze dragons, like u said just interested to assist the adventures in shattrath

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok then!

Chonar
    Ronacus
    Vindicator Yalaa

Chromie (NPC)
    Rakaenormi
    Salarissian / Larthian Dawnbreaker

Shadow-cleave, have you made a choice which character you'd like to join with?

Deleted
    I can assist whichever side would lack a member.
    Either I'll bring Xana for the expidition, or Terin for the Flight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Excellent!

Saerwen, your choice will be a fun one. You'll have Yalaa to play off on if Xana joins with the expedition, but if Terin joins the Flight she'll be bumping heads with Ronacus at some point.

Chonar
    Ronacus
    Vindicator Yalaa
    Xana (or Terin - Bronze)

Chromie (NPC)
    Rakaenormi
    Salarissian
    Terin (or Xana - Expedition)

One more person and we can get this started.

Quote Originally Posted by Saerwen View Post
    I can assist whichever side would lack a member.
    Either I'll bring Xana for the expidition, or Terin for the Flight.
    I'm bringing Rakae, so if you bring Terin, we can further their whole friendship/enemy thing. I don't remember how that ended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    I'm bringing Rakae, so if you bring Terin, we can further their whole friendship/enemy thing. I don't remember how that ended.
    If you're bringing Rakaenormi, I promise pretty cool RP possibilities if Terin would join the Expedition side of things.
    While both sides start off in different locations, the story's general direction will put both in the same locations further in.

Green dragons would be more likely to know of the Skettis Expedition anyway, since the druids of Mount Hyjal are spearheading it.

Deleted
    Can do that.