Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JayJay09 View Post
    I tested it on lvl 85 with ~ 150k life. I gathered 10 mobs (were only lvl 84-85) and as soon as I dropped to 35%, I was immortal . It was awesome. With the current mechanic of second wind, new doors just opened for warrior playstyle. This talent probably won't help you much if you are being focused hard, but it allows you to delay your death vs 1-3 opponents by quite a lot, if combined with shield wall, die by the sword etc.

It's hard to tell if it is op or fine.. I think it's fine, but we need to see lvl 90 healthpools and the amount of dmg and healing overall in pvp, when you are fully pvp equipped.
    Well, the downside to second wind is if some1 stun locks you at 30% hp or so and "ambushes" you, the second wind won't be able to save you, plus the 25% healing reduce will have a great impact. Also i would find second wind to be in a "great" spot, i don't find it overpowered unless the warrior pops defensive cds and switches to defensive stance while you try to burst him down.

10+ Year Old Account
    on beta does 2nd wind only proc at 35% health and below now.or was it combined with that 10% chance to proc off damage at any health?did they merge the to?

I don't have Beta, but isn't deadly calm supposed to be a talent - now it seems to be a class ability. What's going to replace that slot?

I really wish we could get an update on the talent trees tool....

Quote Originally Posted by Saurus View Post
    I don't have Beta, but isn't deadly calm supposed to be a talent - now it seems to be a class ability. What's going to replace that slot?

I really wish we could get an update on the talent trees tool....
    Use the one at wowhead.com. The one on the official website is ridiculously outdated now.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account

UPDATE: Build 15689

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion

Warrior
    • Deadly Calm New: You enter a battle trance, reducing the cost of your next 3 Heroic Strike or Cleave attacks by 10 Rage. Instant, 60 sec cooldown.

Fury
    • Bloodsurge now has a 20% proc rate, down from 30%.

Arms
    • Taste for Blood now each additional Overpower will hit for an additional 30% damage, up from 20%.

Major Glyphs
    • Glyph of Incite has been reworked: Using Devastate during Deadly Clam reduces the cost of Heroic Strike and Cleave by an additional 20 Rage.

This build Deadly Calm is being put in as addressed in the OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deadly Calm New: You enter a battle trance, reducing the cost of your next 3 Heroic Strike or Cleave attacks by 10 Rage. Instant, 60 sec cooldown.
    I whole heartedly believe that GC spent hours thinking up how to make a truly terrible warrior CD for Deadly Calm and this was the result. If HS costs 30 rage, then you can get 4 HS for the cost of 3 every 1 min; after saving up all that rage for the time period you get 1 extra attack that does marginal damage.

It's so fucking bad the designers had to intend it to be. They might as well make it cast a free heroic strike, cause at least that way you are guaranteed it without have to worry about building up rage for that 10s window. Instead of this hillariously stupidly horrible design where you have to save up rage for this CD and it gives you a whopping 1 extra HS. How can any Dev who actually wanted to make a spell that is good come up with that piece of shit. It's beyond comprehension that anyone would think that making warriors save up rage to use a 1 min CD only to get 1 extra HS out of it makes for a good ability and good gameplay.

The sooner GC is fired (*from a cannon!) the better.

(* or does that count as a death threat like when I said I hope hed get hit by a bus in the other thread and got infracted, because wishing someone would get hit by a bus is somehow a death threat, because saying that is 'serious' and means that I actually wanted someone to stalk him and buy a bus and run the bus over him again and again until hes dead, and not just a random occurrence that is almost always non fatal. Mods are such Dicks on this site.)
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I whole heartedly believe that GC spent hours thinking up how to make a truly terrible warrior CD for Deadly Calm and this was the result. If HS costs 30 rage, then you can get 4 HS for the cost of 3 every 1 min; after saving up all that rage for the time period you get 1 extra attack that does marginal damage.

It's so fucking bad the designers had to intend it to be. They might as well make it cast a free heroic strike, cause at least that way you are guaranteed it without have to worry about building up rage for that 10s window. Instead of this hillariously stupidly horrible design where you have to save up rage for this CD and it gives you a whopping 1 extra HS. How can any Dev who actually wanted to make a spell that is good come up with that piece of shit. It's beyond comprehension that anyone would think that making warriors save up rage to use a 1 min CD only to get 1 extra HS out of it makes for a good ability and good gameplay.

The sooner GC is fired (*from a cannon!) the better.

(* or does that count as a death threat like when I said I hope hed get hit by a bus in the other thread and got infracted, because wishing someone would get hit by a bus is somehow a death threat, because saying that is 'serious' and means that I actually wanted someone to stalk him and buy a bus and run the bus over him again and again until hes dead, and not just a random occurrence that is almost always non fatal. Mods are such Dicks on this site.)
    It actually seem to be for protection. Since protection have to horrible rage regen now, and deadly calm works in synergy with glyph of incite to make cleave and heroic strike free. It's not a good cooldown, but it sure is better for prot then anyone else. However, i doubt anyone will take the incite glyphs as there are better options atm. That leads deadly calm to remain macroed to heroic strike and forgotten
    Last edited by Shamgar; 2012-05-13 at 02:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamgar View Post
    It actually seem to be for protection. Since protection have to horrible rage regen now, and deadly calm works in synergy with glyph of incite to make cleave and heroic strike free. It's not a good cooldown, but it sure is better for prot then anyone else. However, i doubt anyone will take the incite glyphs as there are better options atm. That leads deadly calm to remain macroed to heroic strike and forgotten
    Pretty much. Deadly Calm will be just like Inner Rage - you learn it, you macro it with Heroic Strike and Cleave, and you forget about it. In other words, it's going to be an entirely useless ability that doesn't really do much of anything.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Pretty much. Deadly Calm will be just like Inner Rage - you learn it, you macro it with Heroic Strike and Cleave, and you forget about it. In other words, it's going to be an entirely useless ability that doesn't really do much of anything.
    They also linked this weaker version to not be usable during Recklesness, for good old times sake.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Not gonna get my hopes up, this is still in beta and will be changed very soon (in a better way or a bad way time will tell)

Might get disappointed like what happened to Juggernaut after they put it for arms warriors for the first time :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Does Deadly Calm have a timed duration? It states next 3 heroic strikes/cleaves, so if it doesnt have a timer (I.E you pop it, then you can use a heroic strike at 5 seconds in, a cleave at 30 seconds in, and another heroic strike 5 seconds before its off CD again). If it acts like this, then its a very good CD, essentially saving 30 rage every 60 seconds. If its the 10 second duration, then yea, it is suckish. So, anyone have info on how it works?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Does Deadly Calm have a timed duration? It states next 3 heroic strikes/cleaves, so if it doesnt have a timer (I.E you pop it, then you can use a heroic strike at 5 seconds in, a cleave at 30 seconds in, and another heroic strike 5 seconds before its off CD again). If it acts like this, then its a very good CD, essentially saving 30 rage every 60 seconds. If its the 10 second duration, then yea, it is suckish. So, anyone have info on how it works?
    It's 10 seconds duration. Don't really see though how this would be the difference between very good and bad. It would stay at 1! freaking extra hs/cleave every 60 seconds. They should just bake the effect into the incite glyph so I don't have to bother putting that onto my action bars.
    Also I still don't get what this overpower business is supposed to be. Wow so sometimes you get enough procs in a row to have stupidly high overpower hits. Great fun.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2012-05-14 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    It's 10 seconds duration. Don't really see though how this would be the difference between very good and bad. It would stay at 1! freaking extra hs/cleave every 60 seconds. They should just bake the effect into the incite glyph so I don't have to bother putting that onto my action bars.
    Also I still don't get what this overpower business is supposed to be. Wow so sometimes you get enough procs in a row to have stupidly high overpower hits. Great fun.
    Even worse for prot! You cant even have rage for 3 heroic strike under the duration, and if you proc a free heroic strike you just wasted 33% of it. But what the hell, 33% of nothing is nothing. I cant even feel insulted, but blizz must think lowly of us if they expect us to actually appreciate these "buffs"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamgar View Post
    Even worse for prot! You cant even have rage for 3 heroic strike under the duration, and if you proc a free heroic strike you just wasted 33% of it. But what the hell, 33% of nothing is nothing. I cant even feel insulted, but blizz must think lowly of us if they expect us to actually appreciate these "buffs"
    Blizzard just don't really have an idea of where to go with Warriors is the only thing I can think of. That, and all of the new ideas they're coming up with that could be applied to Warriors are getting added to the Monk instead.

Same old, same old... they did the same thing with DKs. It's why I've never supported adding more classes to the game, not to mention the balance issues that result from it.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account

UPDATE: Build 15699

Warrior
    • Demoralizing Banner now has a 30 yd range.
    • Mocking Banner now has a 30 yd range.
    • Raging Blow is now a baseline skill, rather than Fury.
    • Recklessness no longer increases all damage taken.
    • Skull Banner now throws the banner at your feet.
    • Sweeping Strikes is now a baseline skill, rather than Arms.

Arms
    • Taste for Blood was reworked: In addition, Overpower hits increase the damage of your next Slam by 30% damage. This effect stacks up to 10 times.
    Fury
    • Bloodthirsty: The chance for Bloodthirst to be a critical strike increases by 10% until it achieves a critical strike.
    Protection
    • Shield Barrier now absorbs ((1% of 25000% of AP) / 3) damage for the next 6 sec, rather than 1% of 3300% of AP.
    Major Glyphs
    • Glyph of Recklessness has been reworked: Decreases the critical chance of Recklessness by 20% but increases its duration by 50%.

YES! Recklessness' damage component has been baked in. The TfB change actually makes sense now since slam is our hardest hitter. Raging blow for all Specs is a bit odd though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I'm really liking the changes, I think i'll be leveling my warrior after my hunter(PvP) and paladin(PvE)

---------- Post added 2012-05-18 at 10:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by johnrockks View Post

Warrior
    • Demoralizing Banner now has a 30 yd range.
    • Mocking Banner now has a 30 yd range.
    • Raging Blow is now a baseline skill, rather than Fury.
    • Recklessness no longer increases all damage taken.
    • Skull Banner now throws the banner at your feet.
    • Sweeping Strikes is now a baseline skill, rather than Arms.

Arms
    • Taste for Blood was reworked: In addition, Overpower hits increase the damage of your next Slam by 30% damage. This effect stacks up to 10 times.
    Fury
    • Bloodthirsty: The chance for Bloodthirst to be a critical strike increases by 10% until it achieves a critical strike.
    Protection
    • Shield Barrier now absorbs ((1% of 25000% of AP) / 3) damage for the next 6 sec, rather than 1% of 3300% of AP.
    Major Glyphs
    • Glyph of Recklessness has been reworked: Decreases the critical chance of Recklessness by 20% but increases its duration by 50%.

YES! Recklessness' damage component has been baked in. The TfB change actually makes sense now since slam is our hardest hitter. Raging blow for all Specs is a bit odd though.
    >Stacks up to 10 times.

If we stack it up, we could do some nice burst.. 300% increase on slam sounds nice...

Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    I'm really liking the changes, I think i'll be leveling my warrior after my hunter(PvP) and paladin(PvE)

>Stacks up to 10 times.

If we stack it up, we could do some nice burst.. 300% increase on slam sounds nice...
    Dang.. i can imagine!! (recklessness + banner) and just pray that our slam crits.... omg!!! but the bad thing is you will have to not use slam until 10 stacks, and overpowers come around 1-2 twice per 6 sec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post

>Stacks up to 10 times.

not sold on the OP change.it would seem to me if slams damage goes up by 30% every OP.blizz would keep slams base line damage low,and make us build it up threw op use.meaning slam will hit for low amounts if we do not stack them up,aka lambs "which sucks".haveing to "stack" slam so it hits as hard as other classes attacks without "stacking" is not good.only thing i see here is the MOP/cata lambs.but i may be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    not sold on the OP change.it would seem to me if slams damage goes up by 30% every OP.blizz would keep slams base line damage low,and make us build it up threw op use.meaning slam will hit for low amounts if we do not stack them up,aka lambs "which sucks".haveing to "stack" slam so it hits as hard as other classes attacks without "stacking" is not good.only thing i see here is the MOP/cata lambs.but i may be wrong.
    Actually, i'd rather have the new TBF rather than the old one... 30% increase on slam (stacking 10 times) sounds better than *chance on OP proc to increase OP dmg by 30%*