Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Aoe Looting will deflate cloth and enchanting mats

When Aoe looting is available people will be able to solo old content and easily loot huge piles of cloth and greens. The Ah will be flooded with cloth and enchanting mats. I was wondering if Aoe looting is available on the Ptr or will it be only available until Mop launch.

15+ Year Old Account
    It might deflate it a bit since it'll remove a lot of the inconvenience, but it won't be that much. If anything all the people leveling monks will deflate it more.

People already solo old content for mats and cloth. Why would AOE looting make any difference? You can loot faster, but that doesn't make the dungeon run any faster, and you still hit the 5 runs/hour cap. I don't see it changing anything.

I personally loot every single mob available for me to loot. That's just the kind of person I am. AOE looting just makes it easier for me to do what I've always been doing.

Especially frostweave will drop like a rock!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deipfryde View Post
    People already solo old content for mats and cloth. Why would AOE looting make any difference? You can loot faster, but that doesn't make the dungeon run any faster, and you still hit the 5 runs/hour cap. I don't see it changing anything.
    This pretty much...aslong the 5runs/hour stays active it won't change a damn thing.

I AoE farm cloth to sell...and AoE looting will make it so much easier! Even if the prices drop a little bit, it will still be easier.

Quote Originally Posted by kilozilla View Post
    When Aoe looting is available people will be able to solo old content and easily loot huge piles of cloth and greens. The Ah will be flooded with cloth and enchanting mats. I was wondering if Aoe looting is available on the Ptr or will it be only available until Mop launch.
    You are basing your theory on the fact that people will AH their cloth instead of just vendoring or using. You are also assuming people will take the greens, disenchant them and sell them on the AH (or use) instead of just vendoring. Some greens will yield you more gold than what their enchanting mats would be anyway.

If anything some people might earn a few more gold than they normally would.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You are basing your theory on the fact that people will AH their cloth instead of just vendoring or using. You are also assuming people will take the greens, disenchant them and sell them on the AH (or use) instead of just vendoring. Some greens will yield you more gold than what their enchanting mats would be anyway.

If anything some people might earn a few more gold than they normally would.
    this, also you can just farm the mats with tillers at revered.. Plant ~16 ish seeds of ore or that, wait till next day. 2stacks+ with 2mins worth of effort.

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    this, also you can just farm the mats with tillers at revered.. Plant ~16 ish seeds of ore or that, wait till next day. 2stacks+ with 2mins worth of effort.
    I am not talking about Mop cloth or greens, I'm talking about people who are stockpiling frostweave and netherweave to make bags for Mop launch, imo cloth prices for these will drop and they will be stuck with large stockpiles, also people who are turning the cloth into greens and De them cuz the mats like illusion dust is going for 10g per dust. Just my opinion that the cloth prices will drop so I'm getting rid of my cloth and enchanting mats and working on other ways to prepare for the Mop demand. Might be wrong but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Especially frostweave will drop like a rock!
    Thank god. I am so tired of paying 100 - 200G per stack of Frostweave.

I never loot corpses when I do old instances. with aoe looting i'll loot them. so there will be some increase when people like me start doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Some greens will yield you more gold than what their enchanting mats would be anyway.
    You are basing your assumption on your servers economy. On some servers (low pop) anyone who can bother to de/ah mats will make huge profit since you are the only one and a green that sells for 90s can yield you 50-200g in encha mats.

I think on my server leveling enchanting through ah would cost anywhere in between 100k to 1000k and take months.

Deleted
    I agree with the OP. Farming old raids becomes a lot more viable. This is becayse the most tedioys aspect of the instances is looting.

Do I care whether cheap enchanting mats or cloth come onto the market? NO.

Stockpiling is always a gamble.

I dont know.... either way I dont see most players even noticing.

I know that every time I had an alt that needed to level something that needed cloth I'd just go spam dungeons and farm the cloth myself.... Even if I can more than afford it, I just cant justify spending that much money on somethings... like wool. And its not like its that hard (especially in TBC and wrath) to take a pally tank and train the ENTIRE stockades (even as a horde) and then just kill everything with 1 consecration at the end.

The tedious part was looting 100 mobs that all died on top of eachother. Now its ezmode But that doesnt change the price for the average player.

Maybe it means a piece of cloth that might of been missed here and there wont get missed, but its not going to crash prices. Most of the expensive cloths the average player will take the time to loot and sell as it is.
    85: Paladin | Druid | Shaman | Warlock | Death Knight | Mage | Hunter | Rogue | Warrior | Priest

i think it will hurt the lower popped realms... but on server i play on (Frostmourne (A)) it really wont make a difference since its always full...
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

People like me WOULD solo old content, but we don't, because sifting through a pile of 100 mobs is just annoying. AoE loot and you can be done in a few seconds, I'll definitely be in older dungeons more. Right now there's no way I would level enchanting/tailoring on my own, but I would in MoP.

agreed, it'll change very little if at all, players who were doing it specifically for the old cloth/mats loot everything as is, maybe they miss a cloth or 2 here and there, but not enough that prices are going to plummet.

Some players (Like bals mentioned above) will now loot things in old content, and may sell them on the AH, that may cause a small drop, but nothing outside of the ordinary that occurs now, and would probably be temporary (think like this situation, which occurs now: a few players notice old mats are selling for 100g a stack, these players farm said mats, stockpiling them, suddenly, there's a massive quantity of this said mat on the AH for <1g a stack, after things settle for a week or two, prices climb again because these players aren't farming that mat again. I think the comparison would be similar.)

And the third type, who will now use AoE looting, but likely just vendor it all out of habit/laziness, having no effect.

All in all, I think it'll have little effect on the AH prices, unless some rumors are spread causing a HUGE amount of players to farm a specific mat (an example of this on my own server was a period of time where players were selling Dust of Disappearance from the vendor for almost twice its worth, since there were apparently people who thought it was inscription only, after figuring this little niche market out, people butchered it, to the point that it was (and some days still is) cheaper to buy it off the AH than the vendor.) Point being, unless some unique "niche market" opens to old cloth/enchanting mats and goes viral (at least on a server level), nothing is going to tank due to AoE looting.

Quote Originally Posted by kilozilla View Post
    And? AoE looting will be implemented with the patch leading into the expansion as Blizzard has stated this already.