10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, with this I think it's a safe bet they will hit 70 mil by the time the sales are done for....
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Interesting video of a bug that pushed out the FOV to about 80 degrees in Arena Commander. Looks far better than the current 55 degrees and there is the added bonus of a better sense of speed. Hope they give a FOV slider that can increase it up to 80 at least.

The FOV bug is a major improvement but that turning speed is terrible... makes it look like a turn shoot, turn shoot FPS shooter.

This game looks like it would set my graphics card ablaze.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    This game looks like it would set my graphics card ablaze.
    As an alpha tester; it's not too bad. It really taxes my card (GTX 670) but it isn't punishing. Perfectly runnable; only problem is 5 minute long loading screens (Presumably to be optimized in beta) and random CTDs. But it's really fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Interesting video of a bug that pushed out the FOV to about 80 degrees in Arena Commander. Looks far better than the current 55 degrees and there is the added bonus of a better sense of speed. Hope they give a FOV slider that can increase it up to 80 at least.

Keep pleading CR to give us FOV sliders and he will do it!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used to run a GTX 760 and it ran poorly, it taxes the living hell out of my R9 290 though.

That fucking reclaimer is goddamn hot. But I'm done buying ships for now heh, I can't very well fly them all at once so I'll stick with my SuperHornet and Phoenix. But I expect to buy buying Reclaimers for my org fleet like crazy in a couple years!

Which by the way, I may, or may not have a multi-discipline organization that might have a whole mining division...if you know *cough* anyone, wants to know *ahem*.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2014-09-25 at 08:45 PM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering trading in my constellation for one of those if i can get LTI on it without paying anything, can see a number of uses for future pirate operations with that thing but will see what the PU phase of the alpha brings.
    Last edited by zealo; 2014-09-25 at 09:28 PM.

I suspect we'll be seeing a ton of Reclaimers with the name Nostromo in the Persistent Universe. What a huge, imposing ship (Lesnick estimated that one of the engines are as large as a single Constellation). I suspect it will be something organizations will use to sit just on the outer edge the battle instance (which will be doubling in size soon in Arena Commander) to pick up salvage and loot after a fight. It will be on sale for $350 tomorrow.

Now that Star Citizen has passed $54 million in funding, here is the latest Letter from the Chairman.

Here is the "greyboxing" video of the Aegis Retaliator, the long range heavy bomber used by the UEE. Very sexy...

Last edited by carnifex2005; 2014-09-26 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    I suspect it will be something organizations will use to sit just on the outer edge the battle instance
    That'd be funny. Two warzones, one for the fight and one for the salvage.

TIL, Arena Commander Alpha is Star Citizen in its entirety.

10+ Year Old Account
    The comparison between X:Rebirth and Star Citizen is a bit silly considering how simplistic the flight model in Rebirth was but can certainly see the reason for complaints behind it.

There are people over RSI forums claiming this requires skill in 0.9 while i just sit there and cringe at their statements considering what its like on ships full of gimballed guns as well as what 0.9 feels like when trying to hit things using a gamepad. 0.8 was too easy but it felt better as a game, will be interesting to see where CR takes SC for 1.0 and beyond now.
    Last edited by zealo; 2014-09-26 at 08:16 AM.

X-Rebirth is shit, and I mean a really big shit, why are they comparing SC to X?!

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    X-Rebirth is shit, and I mean a really big shit, why are they comparing SC to X?!
    Because if they compare fish and basic flight controls it means that SC is also shit!

It's so simple!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    Wasn't it fun ramming things head on and just bouncing off in a space sim?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand something. Now, I haven't been following this game at all, though I am interested in it. You guys keep talking about 'buying' ships; are we seriously talking about spending real money for these things? That's worrisome to say the least >.> And is the game playable now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I don't understand something. Now, I haven't been following this game at all, though I am interested in it. You guys keep talking about 'buying' ships; are we seriously talking about spending real money for these things? That's worrisome to say the least >.> And is the game playable now?
    Pretty sure this has been explained :P

You're not necessarily buying the ships, but pledging to support development and getting a ship/game/other goodies in return.

The ships available are "entry level" and unmodified. Modifications and upgrades will be a large part of the progression.

No you can't buy them when it launches and anything bought ahead of time can be purchased in game without spending a dime.

No the game isn't released yet, but there is alpha modules available for testing, including Arena Commander which is a space combat simmy type arena shooty thing with a small selection of ships, can look it up. Oh and there's a racing module too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    1) Yes that would be correct, they are selling spaceships in their pledge store as a means of funding development for an AAA scale project.
    2) Yes its playable but only in a very limited dogfighting module with racing and fight that at the moment have 5 ships available for flight. Not recommended to go in at this point unless new people wish to actually support the game, its a real alpha and not early access to a done game.