Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Got Garalon LFR to 40% before enrage. Survived the massive crush, but he despawned after casting it :3 oh well.
    Obvious implication is that the DPS requirement of 10N is utterly nonexistent (18min enrage instead of 12, and roughly 40% less hp) so it's all about surviving the Pheromone damage (which seems impossible if you ask me, but you never know what might happen)

also, removing Sha from being done on the sheet until someone does it without the lei shi buff. didn't notice it at first but that's a big no :/
    Took me a minute aswell to realise the Lei-Shi heroic buff, very disappointing indeed.

For people that dont know what the Lei-Shi buff is: on heroic mode you get a buff after you push the Sha of Fear into Phase 2 for the first time. This buff is an aura that gives the whole raid 15% haste, making it considerably easier to solo it.
    This buff is only intented for Heroic mode, not for normal mode in which this kill was done, in other words raegwyn glitched/exploited this buff to kill the Sha of Fear.

Thanks for the explanation, Demonsavior!
    In my eyes that really does not count.. Kind of like MCing ghosts in SM CM :L

Deleted
    Well, what did you expect from Raegwynn ?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by demonsavior View Post
    Took me a minute aswell to realise the Lei-Shi heroic buff, very disappointing indeed.

For people that dont know what the Lei-Shi buff is: on heroic mode you get a buff after you push the Sha of Fear into Phase 2 for the first time. This buff is an aura that gives the whole raid 15% haste, making it considerably easier to solo it.
    This buff is only intented for Heroic mode, not for normal mode in which this kill was done, in other words raegwyn glitched/exploited this buff to kill the Sha of Fear.
    How did he get the buff if it is only applied in heroic mode? I'm sure Blizzard would have fixed a bug that lets you get it in normal mode.

In any case, Mione (or Fnx) will easily be able to do it, considering that they have DPS gear several item levels higher than Raegwyn's tank gear.
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2013-06-30 at 11:25 PM.

I am assuming Raegwyn got the buff by doing a pull on Heroic mode with some other people that helped him, after getting the buff it stays as an aura for any further pulls you do on that day. After getting it he probably switched it to normal-mode, everyone left and he killed the boss "solo".

Deleted
    I kind just /cba the other day after I wrote I would kill it that day, but maybe it's wroth now again without that cheesy buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    I kind just /cba the other day after I wrote I would kill it that day, but maybe it's wroth now again without that cheesy buff.
    Shouldn't it be anyway on a personal level? Surely soloing content isn't all about chasing who does it first, really.

Deleted
    Got Garalon LFR to 40% before enrage.
    How are you doing an LFR boss solo? Did you queue with your guild and had all of them leave or something?

Its amazing how many people are claiming his Sha kill is legit. Using an exploit that's been confirmed as such (There's screen shots of a GM confirming that its not intended on a certain website) completely negates the kill. The fact that Raegwyn is claiming that its okay "because his gear wasn't fully optimized" is a load of crap. It really doesn't belong on the front page.

First of all, thanks for this thread. Helped out a lot! Currently only on ilvl 506, but working on raising that level somewhat.

Anyway, for someone quite new to the soloing part of the Death Knights, and someone who havent read through all the pages of this thread yet, because, well 90 pages.. What's the Hyjal buff I see mentioned sometimes? :-)

Deleted
    You're the only one with a lockout
    I don't have a lockout, anymore. Had last week, but didn't test him for more than 45min or so.

Deleted
    I'm trying to do ICC10 alone. I have a problem with Valithria Dreamwalker, i use blood presence with my tank equipment, i have 2x 1H weapons low-level (buy from an orgrimmar pnj). I spam hearthstrike, kill the Supressors etc... The bloodworms heals her to 85% of a her life before i was overwhelmed by the mobs.

Does someone have an advice ?

Thank you in advance and sorry for my bad english.

Deleted
    Beat my LK speedkill by just a tiny bit (5:24 instead of 5:33, 286k DPS aka 220k without icc buff), still thinking sub 5min is possible..

25H Rhyolith as well, funny fight.
    Is this just due to awesome gear, or are there some tricks to getting higher DPS? I barely make the enrage with 510ilvl, maybe it's just because I'm not used to playing a Blood DK :P

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Is this just due to awesome gear, or are there some tricks to getting higher DPS? I barely make the enrage with 510ilvl, maybe it's just because I'm not used to playing a Blood DK :P
    Higher gear helps alot that big stam increase makes it to all but ignore adds which in turn feed your vengeance. The only trick in this fight is kill ice spheres. If you are good at it and that kind of gear its facerole of a fight. BTW if you cant be bother to dps during transitions 520ish ilvel is needed to ignore them and just dps the adds instead.

I use this strat as I prefer to 1 shot it and not to worry about getting 1 shot in return by ice spheres. Sit on stepes and facerole LK, you can also soak full defiles at that I lev too, but not 2 of them stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    You probably aren't cheesing Infest Vengeance, and you might not be DPSing in both transitions. I wouldn't expect a 5 minute kill at your gear level (lol) but you could beat the enrage by a good minute.

Pick up the daily "Protectors of Hyjal", then fly to Sethria's Roost until you get your helpers spawned. You'll get three Druids who will buff you with Mark of the Wild (which stacks with Drums).
    (Note: I shamelessly copy/pasted that from an above post, as I was too lazy to write that myself).
    Wait so this + drums gives you 9% increase of str for 1 hour? You can zone into say ICC and still have this buff?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aventhos View Post
    Wait so this + drums gives you 9% increase of str for 1 hour? You can zone into say ICC and still have this buff?
    Yipyip ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    Pick up the daily "Protectors of Hyjal", then fly to Sethria's Roost until you get your helpers spawned. You'll get three Druids who will buff you with Mark of the Wild (which stacks with Drums).
    (Note: I shamelessly copy/pasted that from an above post, as I was too lazy to write that myself).
    Thank you! :-)

Raegwyn just posted this a minute ago on his YouTube:

"Yes i used the 15% haste buff from heroic to compensate my missing dps gear. should be totally possible without it, with fully upgraded BiS dps gear though.

To anyone who still wants to bitch around because of the hastebuff. It requires you to bring sha of fear heroic to 66% what is exactly the same amount of HP as he has on normalmode with exactly the same mechanics.
    since he does slightly more dmg on heroic mode the amount of vengeance you gain is high enough to solo it to 66% for the buff without having it, what pretty much looks exactly the same as soloing him on normalmode, while it is a bit harder to survive. i dont say i did solo heroic to 66% i got help. but i tried it one single time and brought him to 78% without any issues while DPS was totally enough so yeah. i COULD have soloed the hastebuff too so stop bitching around because of it."

So he had guilders wipe on Sha HC every time he wiped. How this is even remotely considered a solo kill when he used a buff that other people had to get him is beyond me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aventhos View Post
    Higher gear helps alot that big stam increase makes it to all but ignore adds which in turn feed your vengeance. The only trick in this fight is kill ice spheres. If you are good at it and that kind of gear its facerole of a fight. BTW if you cant be bother to dps during transitions 520ish ilvel is needed to ignore them and just dps the adds instead.

I use this strat as I prefer to 1 shot it and not to worry about getting 1 shot in return by ice spheres. Sit on stepes and facerole LK, you can also soak full defiles at that I lev too, but not 2 of them stacked.
    I'm kinda cheesing it atm with my 2nd account, I have my Hunter BM spec'd with a Corehound pet, if I feign death on the Hunter he doesn't get plague / trap and Infest barely tickets with Spirit Bond :P The pet manages to do about 5m damage (might go full Mastery though next time, since it's just my pet and his basic attacks), but I guess Ancient Hysteria is a huge plus for my DK. I killed it with about 2 minutes to enrage and this was with the Shamblings all dying before Transition 2. Still not comfortable with this fight, I worry too much about the damage coming in, it's just so much easier with my Prot Paladin and the Grand Crusader spam fest.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsh View Post
    Raegwyn just posted this a minute ago on his YouTube:

"Yes i used the 15% haste buff from heroic to compensate my missing dps gear. should be totally possible without it, with fully upgraded BiS dps gear though.

To anyone who still wants to bitch around because of the hastebuff. It requires you to bring sha of fear heroic to 66% what is exactly the same amount of HP as he has on normalmode with exactly the same mechanics.
    since he does slightly more dmg on heroic mode the amount of vengeance you gain is high enough to solo it to 66% for the buff without having it, what pretty much looks exactly the same as soloing him on normalmode, while it is a bit harder to survive. i dont say i did solo heroic to 66% i got help. but i tried it one single time and brought him to 78% without any issues while DPS was totally enough so yeah. i COULD have soloed the hastebuff too so stop bitching around because of it."

So he had guilders wipe on Sha HC every time he wiped. How this is even remotely considered a solo kill when he used a buff that other people had to get him is beyond me.
    It's mostly a matter of perspective, one could argue that it's valid because "HE WUZ ALONE!!!" or something similar. I wouldn't devote too much mental energy to it, especially seeing as someone will likely do it legitimately in the very near future.

I don't think it's that bad of an "exploit" (not sure I'd even call that an exploit tbh) - that being said, it's a huge buff and not a minor one. (it's a pretty absurd buff like at least 8-9k haste rating since its multiplicative and not additive haste)
    I think we can agree that Heroic Sha p1 and Normal Sha are the exact same fight except harder. What matters the most, I think, is simply that you cannot get this buff alone. Getting help for other people to unlock the fight and get past other bosses is one thing. But in this case you're not getting people to help you out beating something you can't do (otherwise you'd just kill it on normal with said friends) - it's using other people to gain an advantage you can't get while alone.
    Raegwyn mentioned that it would be possible to get the buff alone - is this in fact true?
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2013-07-01 at 04:50 PM.