10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    Sha of Anger is really easy - I'd recommend ~630 ilevel, though it can probably be done with less. You need to run far away in order to outrange the mind control, but aside from that there's nothing special, really. Mione has a good video of this.

Galleon would be doable in ~610-620 ilevel as well.

You have never been able to bonus roll mounts from any raid bosses (only world bosses). However, the mounts are now listed in the Dungeon Journal, so it might be worth it to try seeing as coins for MoP raids are easy to obtain.
    Noob question here but I don't have timers for MC, is there a set timer or energy?

Quote Originally Posted by Kassina View Post
    Noob question here but I don't have timers for MC, is there a set timer or energy?
    I never tried sha solo but I know he does "aggressive behaviour" which is the MC timer, don't know if you get that one on your bars, and yes, likely you can watch the energy but you'll have to wait for someone who did it to answer for that.

@Saiyendra: are you sure galleon is actually doable in 610-620? Dps wise I have no doubt, but survival wise? I reckon it should be harder to survive in that gear at 100 than in 584 at 90 (when I did it) because of resolve, so basically, did you actually do it and did you not get people interferring (which would reduce fire arrow damage you take and make kill quicker), seeing the crz in mop now? As otherwise I'd recommend 630.

------

Now a thing I've been wondering for a while: in the past it was beneficial to use stamina flasks for survival because death strike healed based on max hp, however as of 6.0 death strike heals based on attack power, therefore are stamina flasks dead, at least for blood soloing?

Even lichborne heals based on attack power, if you get my point, isn't it better having 300k hp and doing 30k hps than 900k hp and doing 10k hps? I know these aren't actual numbers but it's an example to make you see what I think about stamina: increases total hp but not hps and I reckon the latter is more important.

Yes, stamina flasks are dead - you should never use them as Blood, regardless of whether you're raiding, soloing, or whatever.

@Kassina
    There's a timer; it does the ability (Growing Anger) whenever it's between 0-100 energy. Various boss mods track this.

@Esploratore
    You're probably right, actually - when I did it at 610 2-3 people joined in. I edited the post accordingly.
    Last edited by Saiyendra; 2015-01-30 at 05:39 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    (First, sorry about the somewhat off-topic meta post).

Is anyone else not having much fun with soloing anymore? Everything pre-MoP has been gutted and is no longer fun, to the point where I find running pre-MoP content a chore. This was definitely not the case in MoP, where there was plenty of Wrath 25H content that posed a challenge even in 5.2.

That leaves MoP content, but a large swathe of that was done at level 90; bosses that I expected to have fun with (like Horridon) are trivial. There are a few MoP bosses that are interesting (Tsulong and Council were nice) and admittedly I haven't tackled SoO yet. There simply seems to just be a lack of engaging content to solo nowadays, which really reduces my interest in actually playing.

Anyways, perhaps I'm just complaining without actually considering everything, but that's how I sort of feel now. Maybe someone knows something I haven't considered yet?

(I just did Immerseus right now, at least, so we'll see what SoO's like).

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    (First, sorry about the somewhat off-topic meta post).

Is anyone else not having much fun with soloing anymore? Everything pre-MoP has been gutted and is no longer fun, to the point where I find running pre-MoP content a chore. This was definitely not the case in MoP, where there was plenty of Wrath 25H content that posed a challenge even in 5.2.

That leaves MoP content, but a large swathe of that was done at level 90; bosses that I expected to have fun with (like Horridon) are trivial. There are a few MoP bosses that are interesting (Tsulong and Council were nice) and admittedly I haven't tackled SoO yet. There simply seems to just be a lack of engaging content to solo nowadays, which really reduces my interest in actually playing.

Anyways, perhaps I'm just complaining without actually considering everything, but that's how I sort of feel now. Maybe someone knows something I haven't considered yet?

(I just did Immerseus right now, at least, so we'll see what SoO's like).
    I'll agree to some extent. It feels more like the fights that I can't solo are simply fights where mechanics do not allow me to do so rather than any sort of shortcoming on my part now that I've geared up somewhat.

Like Heart of Fear, or Sha of Pride. Aside from those I've cleared most Mop stuff already, and while some of it was pretty fun, a lot of it was mostly faceroll. I think a large part of that is that we already had a year at the end of MOP to solo stuff, and even though we're in a new expansion we still have pretty much the exact same amount of stuff to solo only it's even easier since we're a higher level.

I just feel like there's not a lot of content out for us to try in WoD at all, and so we're left looking for stuff to do. A lot of days I'm at a loss as to what to even do anymore simply because there's nothing to WoD really.

Although I expect to see Mione down Kargath pretty soon lol.

Don't really know if we can call it a lack of challenging content to solo: while some people don't care about anything than 10 normal and 10 hc, undeniably 25-man modes give more challenge.

Stone guard 25 was already done in the end of mop and was only a dps race, I did elegon 25 few weeks ago which resorts to the same strategy as elegon 10 with 5.4 (and as such it was my most challenging elegon solo) and there are definitely more 25-man modes which can be interesting now or in the future (think of gara'jal for example, 10 hc already has more hp and damage to make it tight now when you do 10 normal easily), after all with patch 5.4 a few of us, particularly that russian dk, were soloing 25-man and 25-man heroic of several cata bosses, in my case nefarian 25 hc, al'akir 25 hc and majordomo 25 hc (though best try on domo was 27%) were really great challenges, most of which had to do with enrage outhealing at least for a while; that russian did even harder stuff like ragnaros 25 hc, zon'ozz 25 hc, hagara 25 hc which were at the limit of the feasibility.

Patch 6.0 unfortunately made such fights trivial but still, if now 10-man mop content is proving too easy (and I admit that tot first 6 and msv are just like a farm-run apart from council) there's still harder modes of the same bosses, back with 5.4 any 10 man cata boss apart from conclave was a joke after all, things didn't change in this sense.

And don't forget heroic wod dungeons, some bosses can still prove interesting in this gear imo (at least if you're not mionelol).

Would you guys agree that the same ilvl (630+) that would work for Gall / Sha of anger / elegon work for Nalak and Oondasta?

Quote Originally Posted by Gek View Post
    Would you guys agree that the same ilvl (630+) that would work for Gall / Sha of anger / elegon work for Nalak and Oondasta?
    You probably don't even need to be level 100 to kill Nalak, just pull him towards the Throne of Thunder instance portal near the wooden barricades and the Shado-Pan guards will beat the shit out of him. It's super easy, they deal an unreal amount of damage since they are 100+ level.

You definitely need way more than 630 if you do Oondasta by yourself with nobody else around, easily 670+.

I would be down to push more content, I've messed around with a couple WoD 5 man heroics, only full cleared Iron Docks so far but haven't tried in a month or so. I just figured that people didn't really care about them, I can start posting some of my vids/kills if there's any interest!

Also there's a ton of stuff missing from the spreadsheet that has been done (easy stuff like some of the LFR bosses,) so if for some reason we need any documentation of anything I'm sure one of us can go do it.
    Last edited by Tatsh; 2015-02-02 at 07:09 AM.

I would like to start farming the Spawn of Horridon mount but I seem to hit a road block on Jin'rokh. Whenever I am thrown he resets because he doesn't have a target to attack. How the heck to I get around this because the fight itself is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by pallyballz View Post
    I would like to start farming the Spawn of Horridon mount but I seem to hit a road block on Jin'rokh. Whenever I am thrown he resets because he doesn't have a target to attack. How the heck to I get around this because the fight itself is a joke.
    You have four options:

1. If you are an Engineer just use the Cardboard Assassin/Dummies for the first throw and then Army of the Dead on the second one.

2. Use the Tier 15 DPS 2p set bonus and spam attacks and hope to proc one of the Fallen Zandalari Warriors when he throws you. If this works he'll start beating up your Zandalari guy, pop IBF and get out of the stun ASAP and then proceed as normal, use AotD on the second throw. This method works but is pretty inconsistent, might take you a couple tries due to RNG.

3. (Requires raid gear) Go Unholy, talent into Death Siphon, Army of the Dead on the First throw, and stay in the pool and pop all your cooldowns/bloodlust drums/potion/gargoyle etc. Mitigate damage with AMS and IBF, and use Death Runes to use Death Siphon which should fully heal you because of the damage modifier from standing in the water. Kill the boss before the second throw.

4 (Requires Mythic gear) Go Blood, Army on the First throw, kill the boss before the second throw.

With Engineering option 1 is by far the most consistent, I really like option 3 because I'm not an engineer and I have decent gear. I haven't tried option 4 yet because I was always a couple percent off, having a Mythic weapon would surely make it doable though.

Best of luck!
    Last edited by Tatsh; 2015-02-02 at 09:55 PM.

Tip: For option 3, your Gargoyle also counts as a guardian, so you can use that if you can't kill him before the second throw.

Didn't see this on the sheet, plus I really like this fight anyway

Stone Guard 25 Heroic!

Better SS: http://imgur.com/jb6JNSd

Edit: 25 Normal Feng

- - - Updated - - -

Just tossing some logs here for easy things/spreadsheet!

MSV LFR 6/6: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XhYnrQ9dAHZFVK3p/#boss=-2&wipes=2
    Last edited by Tatsh; 2015-02-02 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pallyballz View Post
    What I did to make it trivial is to take the void caller quest reward you get from the imp in the Inn/Tavern. Pull the boss, and then start running around the side of the area. Once you're near one of the statues summon your voidcaller, and he'll get stuck in the statue.

Now when you get thrown he'll simply look at, but be unable to get to, or attack your voidcaller, and once the stun wears off you can simply taunt, and he'll come back to you. This voidcaller will last for 10 minutes so you can get through all the throws this way.

Of course you can also just get the tier 2 piece, and get a lucky zombie spawn, or simply use voidcaller on the 1st throw, and army for the 2nd. I find it easier to just use only the voidcaller, and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    There are aids bosses in mop that prevent soloing though , sha of pride , galakras , spoils (?) , iron qon , imperial vizier , amber shaper , grand empress. All of them due to mechanics , there weren't a single boss (except conclave maybe) that you couldn't solo due to mechanics. Most (if not all) bosses in cata required either waiting for berserk to kill (atleast to prot paladin it was , seeing dks can't survive past enrage , weak class ;D) and others you just wanted to get vengeance from anything possible (like bringing trash to bosses and stuff , which got nerfed after tot)

It's funny though how most of those bosses you listed were faceroll as prot paladin considering you'd just sit in enrage with 700k vengeance on nefarian and majordomo and just survive without blowing cds. Hardest hitting berserk was al'akir though , dem 900k melee swings.

Anyhow , anyone who solod elegon 25 normal yet? Want to try it on my dk (671 gear) but don't really want to waste time trying to solo something with low gear when no one has done it yet with mythic gear (sorry if it was posted before , not really up to date with the thread : p)
    Awesome to see you posting again in here man Really liked watching your videos in Mop!

Esploratore said he did Elegon a couple weeks back, I think with 670+ you'll be fine to beat it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Whats the minimum item level for soloing Elegon & Ji-kun? (10m normal)
    Last edited by Sinaa; 2015-02-03 at 11:32 AM.

Anyone know the trick to Jinrok the Breaker in ToT? He keeps resetting on me at around 50% when he picks me up for the second time. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    Whats the minimum item level for soloing Elegon & Ji-kun? (10m normal)
    Assuming you are blood: Elegon can be done as a fresh 100 (~600 ilvl). Ji'kun a bit higher, maybe 620+?

Quote Originally Posted by gumb View Post
    Anyone know the trick to Jinrok the Breaker in ToT? He keeps resetting on me at around 50% when he picks me up for the second time. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
    This has been discussed in earlier posts. Anything that spawns an NPC for the boss to focus on while he throws you.
    Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4 GHz | MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X (6GB) | Corsair Vengeance 8GB

@Lazel

Mione did Spoils at 90; it should be a joke now.
    Iron Qon normal can be soloed, apparently, and Vizier is easy as long as you burst at the third platform.
    Empress can be soloed on a class with sufficient mobility to reset stacks.

Heroic 25 Man Stone Guard video is up I need to work on my recording settings to get better HD quality but I'm happy with how this came out!

Anyone having trouble with Sha of Anger resetting randomly during combat? He's reset for me while i've been in melee range and while i've been out ranging the MC.