Page 1 of 3
LastLast

News Anchor Completely Loses It For The Best Possible Reason

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

That was pretty damned impressive. And he's right.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love how one of the women says "How?" and he provides a clear and concise way of going about it. I don't blame him for going off like that.

Kinda reminds me of this scene

You make me smile with my heart.

Deleted
    I like, i like him a lot...

10+ Year Old Account
    The best 5 minutes of political garbage I will see all day.

Deleted
    I like him

This guy does the typical "centrist cop-out". Not impressed.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/29/op...-out.html?_r=0
    Last edited by Peking_Man; 2013-10-14 at 02:35 PM.

Deleted
    Not suited for debating.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is right. The problem is the people who allow their affiliated party to just point fingers at the other side. Right now people are complacent with just blaming the other side without looking at the crap their own party does. Too bad the video is 2 years old.

Democrats - Healthcare reform is needed but at what cost?

Republicans - The government is spending way too much money, but how do you create a fair budget and effective budget?

Congress right now is made up of a bunch of kids who only want to please the highest bidder. I was listening to NPA the other day and someone said Republicans (Tea Party members) don't want help, don't want the government giving out help (they are not trying to be cruel but they believe in "creating your own path" which just isn't realistic for a lot of people), and will watch the world burn to make sure that happens. Democrats think that everyone should adopt their ideal image and that the government should be in the business of making sure that happens whether people actually want it or not, aka the people don't actually know what they want. Voters only see people on the other side of fence block the agenda of their party without examining why the other party is blocking the agenda, they don't even take the time to determine if the other side has valid reasons to object or not.

Right now politicians are just worried about getting their pet projects funded. But there aren't interesting in these projects because its something they are passionate about, they want to change/fix something, they just want their pet projects funded to put revenue in their pockets/clout (which leads to money being in their pocket).

Why do these politicians keep getting elected? Many of them are protected by legislation within their state works in their favors. Gerrymandering. How do their people keep getting elected? They run against horrible candidate in districts that favor them. They pretty much run against themselves until they are outed by someone in their party or they royally screw up and lose support in their district.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a hero, stating it like it is. No bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peking_Man View Post

I know what he means and there was some of that in what he said. But, I don't see the whole outburst as such.

The issue I see with his solution is that it makes Obama into the dictator that some people make him out to be. The investment in infrastructure is seen as government over reach and creating a low interest government bank will only make people more weary. When the presidents he listed did what he is suggesting, it was patriotic, but has become the antithesis there of. As an example, this is a cartoon 35 years after the mentioned Teddy Roosvelt featuring Uncle Sam:

http://youtu.be/KklN8sjl-6c

Here is one from this month:

http://youtu.be/LgsxDX3UG3Y

The difference isn't just the representation of government, but the people responsible for the two. There is a stark contrast between the times when his suggestion would be welcomed as patriotism, but we live in a time when infrastructure spending through the stimulus is reported as government over reach and is cut in half. Look at the way 'Dodd-Frank' bill, stimulus, clean energy subsidy and removing oil subsudies is recieved.

What he is suggesting, in current political climate, would be a government take over...

Edit: Time to sacrifice a goat to the auto-correct gods. They are not pleased with me today...
    Last edited by Felya; 2013-10-14 at 03:10 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    What he is suggesting, in current political climate, would be a government take over...
    Its also not possible for the president to do by himself. The president can do whatever he wants as long as it is legal because he never has to run for office again and gets a great retirement deal. Besides maybe worrying about getting railroaded by corrupt businesses, he doesnt have any reason to do anything they want. The problem is getting congress to do anything(the president could have actually fixed a lot of problems if congress hadnt shut down anything he wanted to do.) if they are being bought and to do that, you have to get regular people to pay attention and vote for people who do the right thing and not just the people who have the most ads, are more popular or famous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by Peking_Man View Post

Ah yes, because Krugman is such an impartial observer to make this comment, oh wait, he is not...
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Someone should put him on a ballot, that would be nice.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Someone give that man a cookie. STAT.

10+ Year Old Account
    If he said more I'd appreciate him. All he sounds like is someone losing his temper.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't watched the clip yet, and can't say if he's right or wrong, but I would never call the pundits on MSNBC "news anchors," any more than I would with Fox News. They're political pundits, paid to rant.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Henock View Post
    I love how one of the women says "How?" and he provides a clear and concise way of going about it. I don't blame him for going off like that.

Kinda reminds me of this scene

Great scene, and the man's right. The dems want to kick the can down the road for our kids and us young people, the Republicans are just going to fuck us over sooner rather than later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If he said more I'd appreciate him. All he sounds like is someone losing his temper.
    I think it gets worse as it goes on. The first point he made seemed like the only good point.