Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Droodid View Post
    I find no problems with taking steroids. I think they serve a legit purpose and should not be frowned upon as much as they are.*

*Having said that, the problem comes from abuse and people who incorrectly use them, as well as any supplement (Ephedrine to name one) which causes problems and then makes people think that these are awful things and you're an awful person for using something like that.

Also having said all of that, i've never used actual test. Only the ones you can buy OTC. Yes, i know, this is an awful alt. But also, this doesn't make me frown upon people who use real gear, i think it's awesome to see what the body can do when supplemented with them and used correctly.
    This has about as much logic in it as saying "it's awesome to see what the mind can do when supplemented with meth, it just needs to be used correctly".
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Then if you're not built for body building, get into another form of fitness/sport. There is absolutely zero reason that anyone needs to take drugs/testosterone/whatever. There's no benefit to your health, only detriment if that's the way you do so.
    You could say that for anything that you take. Most medicines now cause so many side effects that i'd rather just not take them and keep what I have. Blindness, high blood pressure, muscle fatigue, stroke, heart attack, worst case death. etc. Using your argument, no one should take any kind of drug/meds because of the sides that are worse.

- - - Updated - - -

This has about as much logic in it as saying "it's awesome to see what the mind can do when supplemented with meth, it just needs to be used correctly".
    Have you actually ever done any kind of research behind steroids or testosterone boosting supplements? Because your arguments scream "I am just spewing info that other people have told me."
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

You could say that for anything that you take. Most medicines now cause so many side effects that i'd rather just not take them and keep what I have. Blindness, high blood pressure, muscle fatigue, stroke, heart attack, worst case death. etc. Using your argument, no one should take any kind of drug/meds because of the sides that are worse.
    Yeah, that be a valid point. Except people that have conditions NEED to take medication to survive or vastly reduce the chance of their death. While body building is in no way whatsoever needed by anyone.
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

I think if someone is taking hormones and drugs because they're obsessed with their body, there's not a whole lot of mental capacity to lose anyway. Might as well go for it all the way.

Have you actually ever done any kind of research behind steroids or testosterone boosting supplements? Because your arguments scream "I am just spewing info that other people have told me."
    Or the mountains of reputable sources and studies showing liver failure, pancreatic cancer, blood clots, stroke, etc. It's pretty common knowledge.

build pics

Deleted
    This documantary is the most honest one about steroids and whatever...if you play with the thought to take enhancers...watch this first. For me its just eating a shitload and do my workouts propper.

Yeah, that be a valid point. Except people that have conditions NEED to take medication to survive or vastly reduce the chance of their death. While body building is in no way whatsoever needed by anyone.
    And TRT isn't something that's prescribed as well? Some people NEED them as well. Having low testosterone can lead to a slew of other things.
    Decrease in muscle mass, with an increase in body fat, changes in cholesterol levels, decrease in hemoglobin and possibly mild anemia, fragile bones (osteoporosis), changes in cholesterol and lipid levels. It's not only used for bodybuilding. I just don't see the problem with it and don't see why so many people, like you, put it on the same level as meth.

- - - Updated - - -

Or the mountains of reputable sources and studies showing liver failure, pancreatic cancer, blood clots, stroke, etc. It's pretty common knowledge.
    Again, most of that comes from abuse. Like you're going to have with any drug/med.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

And TRT isn't something that's prescribed as well? Some people NEED them as well. Having low testosterone can lead to a slew of other things.
    Decrease in muscle mass, with an increase in body fat, changes in cholesterol levels, decrease in hemoglobin and possibly mild anemia, fragile bones (osteoporosis), changes in cholesterol and lipid levels. It's not only used for bodybuilding. I just don't see the problem with it and don't see why so many people, like you, put it on the same level as meth.
    You're still missing the glaringly obvious. Sure, people have imbalances in hormone levels that need it prescribed to them to attain normal levels. Your average doofus at the gym taking them doesn't have such issues, and puts said doofus at a huge risk for the illness/death related side effects.

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Then if you're not built for body building, get into another form of fitness/sport. There is absolutely zero reason that anyone needs to take drugs/testosterone/whatever. There's no benefit to your health, only detriment if that's the way you do so.
    The thing is that most people don't give a shit about their health. Bigger means better in the male social hierarchy and if you think your can get bigger, you'll do anything to get bigger. Some lesser males think they can "cheat" their biological inferior status at the bottom of the ladder by taking steroids or enhancers. But it won't change where they are.

What makes this funny is that your avatar takes steroids.
    Except he's not a Lesser male. It's okay for genetically gifted males to take steroids to pull themselves at their highest physical level. It's not okay for lesser males to take them because it does them no good. It would be like trying to get a donkey to run as fast as a race horse. Why would you even bother with something that isn't biologically suited for such a task?

Lesser males just need to learn their place. That is the basic main idea of my entire argument.

Again, most of that comes from abuse. Like you're going to have with any drug/med.
    So, you're stating that "as long as you don't abuse illicit substances and control the habit, you won't have any problems"? Genius!

build pics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The thing is that most people don't give a shit about their health. Bigger means better in the male social hierarchy and if you think your can get bigger, you'll do anything to get bigger. Some lesser males think they can "cheat" their biological inferior status at the bottom of the ladder by taking steroids or enhancers. But it won't change where they are.

Except he's not a Lesser male. It's okay for genetically gifted males to take steroids to pull themselves at their highest physical level. It's not okay for lesser males to take them because it does them no good. It would be like trying to get a donkey to run as fast as a race horse. Why would you even bother with something that isn't biologically suited for such a task?

Lesser males just need to learn their place. That is the basic main idea of my entire argument.
    Care to post a timestamped pic of yourself to prove you are one of these ultra males?

Deleted

I think you have some colossal issues, that being - referring to others as "lesser", they're human beings just like you.

Genetics may of fucked them in the ass to be 5.6 and weigh as much as a school girl, but they're not lesser due to that.

I'm 6 odd ft, weigh close to 90k and lift - i'm not fucked nor gifted in genetics and yet i'd never touch roids to get "Big", this is all similar to nazi thinking - The one best race ect when you classify others as "Lesser males"

Yeah, I don't think anyone cares about how "big" or "ripped" anyone else is in the real world, aside from the teeny tiny minority of bodybuilders.

build pics

This argument is one that proves my point of they'd be ok if people didn't abuse them. This guy says lesser males need to stay that, while the bigger, get bigger. This leads to the misuse and abuse. "lesser" males as you say need it to be balanced and normal. Bodybuilders need it to go beyond their natural limit and continue to progress. It has its uses in both worlds. Do normal everyday, non competing gym goers need them. No. They'll most likely abuse. Do I think "lesser" males need them. You bet. Do I think bodybuilders need them? No. But when you're competing chances are you have a few doctors on your side and very reputable people that know what they're doing, so do I disagree with them using them. No. As I said before. I AM OK WITH THEM BEING USED WHEN USED CORRECTLY. But abuse is why they're so frowned upon, and because people have made such a bigger deal over them than other drugs, is the reason they're more frowned upon.

- - - Updated - - -

So, you're stating that "as long as you don't abuse illicit substances and control the habit, you won't have any problems"? Genius!
    So you're saying as long as I use only hydros or other meds prescribed to me i won't have any problems? Genius as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Care to post a timestamped pic of yourself to prove you are one of these ultra males?
    I'm not posting anything of what I look like to you people who sit around on this site acting as if you're intellectual gods. Nothing in my post has even hinted that I'm some 6'3 220lb male oozing with masculinity. You're just trying to be a smart ass because something that I said upset you which it shouldn't.

This argument is one that proves my point of they'd be ok if people didn't abuse them. This guy says lesser males need to stay that, while the bigger, get bigger. This leads to the misuse and abuse. "lesser" males as you say need it to be balanced and normal. Bodybuilders need it to go beyond their natural limit and continue to progress. It has its uses in both worlds. Do normal everyday, non competing gym goers need them. No. They'll most likely abuse. Do I think "lesser" males need them. You bet. Do I think bodybuilders need them? No. But when you're competing chances are you have a few doctors on your side and very reputable people that know what they're doing, so do I disagree with them using them. No. As I said before. I AM OK WITH THEM BEING USED WHEN USED CORRECTLY. But abuse is why they're so frowned upon, and because people have made such a bigger deal over them than other drugs, is the reason they're more frowned upon.
    Pretty sure using drugs outside of their intended purpose is "abuse". It's pretty textbook.

- - - Updated - - -

So you're saying as long as I use only hydros or other meds prescribed to me i won't have any problems? Genius as well.
    I see the point is still flying over your head. Hopefully I can make this very simple for you to understand:

example A: Person is sick, needs medication to improve quality of life and/or avoid death. This is logical.
    example B: Person is healthy, takes medication for reasons aside of personal health. This is not logical, as it presents avoidable illness.

Simple enough?

build pics

There was a guy who was worshipped by /fit/, forget his name right now, but he was a "genetically-gifted" male who used steroids to exploit his genetic gift. He died in his early 20s of heart failure or something.

Point is, nobody is biologically suited to use anabolic steroids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    There was a guy who was worshipped by /fit/, forget his name right now, but he was a "genetically-gifted" male who used steroids to exploit his genetic gift. He died in his early 20s of heart failure or something.

Point is, nobody is biologically suited to use anabolic steroids.
    Zyzz, he died in a sauna at the age of 22.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Short answer: Yes.
    Long answer: Hormones influence your personality, and hormone imbalances can cause weird things. Taking additional hormones causes a hormone imbalance.
    Accurate answer: Google it.
    Best answer imho.

( I could tell you horror stories about personality fluxes due to hormone therapy from my old job if you like.. LOL)
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

I see the point is still flying over your head. Hopefully I can make this very simple for you to understand:

example A: Person is sick, needs medication to improve quality of life and/or avoid death. This is logical.
    example B: Person is healthy, takes medication for reasons aside of personal health. This is not logical, as it presents avoidable illness.

Simple enough?
    My point with ex. A is it's normally not that simple. It's Person is sick. Needs meds. Give meds. Side effects. Needs meds for side effects. More sides from more meds. And this continues until the person is taking 6-8 different medicines, all caused by taking 1.

I get where you're coming from. I really do. But i'm trying to make a point as well that's it's not black and white. Everyone has their own ideas and I see the reasoning for steroids. You don't. It won't change. What I'm trying to say is that these are looked on so much worse than most other drugs that will cause just as bad, if not worse, or also better, sides.