Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh I found the video for those who want to see it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK8vUvNWsh0

10+ Year Old Account
    Klobuchar? OH god lol :P Also Bernie Sanders? I thought we were talking legit contenders for president :P
    You're a towel.

Please impeach him. Seriously. Best thing that could ever happen to the Democrats.

What would he be impeached for?

Oh if he bypasses congress on immigration, yea thats probably impeachable. And a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Do you have some citation for memory loss?
    He most likely forgot where he saw the link.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    http://www.politico.com/story/2012/1...ion-85121.html

I don't believe in the whole "Benghazi scandal" but to put off testifying for health reasons is enough for me to think she is not fit to be president, period.
    You've never called in a sick day or have gotten ill for a week?

Are you proposing we vote Androids in or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    Please impeach him. Seriously. Best thing that could ever happen to the Democrats.
    How so?
    /10char

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This impeach talk has come up all the time not just with Obama for the youngsters out there, but for basically every President in the last 20 years. It's nonsense, will never happen. Impeachment only allows for removing someone from office for committing serious crimes. But it's just something parties figured out quite a while ago they could say to stir up a little support even if it isn't realistic. It's a little how accusing someone of a crime tarnishes their name to some degree even if they are innocent and are acquitted.

Also keep in mind not a single President has ever been impeached, the only 2 times it was tried they were acquitted. Obama would have to commit a legitimate real crime, and something truly bad at that, for it to be anything even remotely possible. Heck even Clinton didn't get impeached for Lewinsky. Granted, Nixon would have likely been impeached if he stuck around but he actually did commit serious crimes. If the parties somehow got votes to impeach the other parties' sitting President just because they didn't like him, it would go both ways for every President as the Demos would surely do it to the next Republican Pres and it would break the political system. That's why the bar for something like impeachment to even be considered is very high, and Obama hasn't done anything close. It would also need to be him specifically breaking a law (like Nixon), not just generally people not liking something the government does when a President is in office (like VA, NSA, Libya...or with Bush things like Iraq, the VA problems under him too, or the Katrina response).

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    From what I can find it seems impeachment has been frequently used as a political buzzword throughout the history of our country.
    Actually I get the impression that it's mostly a thing in the last few decades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    How so?
    Democrats have been sending out mailers to potential donors, using the impeachment talk to get money. It has worked very well...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

What's stopping them?

They should just go through with it.

Jesus, they talk about impeachment every frickin' day of the year, and then when they actually have a chance to do so, they run at the first sight of trouble.

It's like they don't know what they're talking about. Hell, they remind me of an indecisive friend, as I described, "he/she didn't want to be here, but he/she didn't want to leave either."

Seriously, either go through with it and stop wasting everyone's time talking about it, or doing something useful for once.

But this is Congress we're talking about.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    Heck even Clinton didn't get impeached for Lewinsky.
    He was impeached for lying regarding it...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    What's stopping them?
    Justification.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    A third of americans do not know the meaning of impeachment. I expected that number to be higher in fact.
    Considering that the entirety of CNN apparently falls within that category, yeah... Of course, it's both possible and likely that many of the people who said they did not want to impeach him had no idea it wasn't an option anyway. Hell, all 900 could have realistically fallen within that category, since I doubt they included blank stares or "The $%&$ is wrong with you?" as legitimate responses to the poll.

PS: The same people who said they would impeach him probably also believe that he's a sleeper agent for a super-secret Kenyan terrorist organization, attempting to disarm everyone so they can overrun us, then use the country as a power base to summon their alien overlords and rule the world.
    I hear only mildly less ridiculous accusations toward him every single day at work.
    Over time I've developed the opinion that 90% of people are too dumb to live, so I have a hard time actually caring about politics at this point.
    The average person is smart enough to use language and tools, but dumb enough to brain someone with a rock because they waved their hands and THAT MEANS THEY'RE A WITCH USING MAGIC!
    So just let them tilt at that windmill... Maybe if we're lucky it'll knock them down.
    Last edited by Khiva; 2014-07-28 at 04:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess with the upcoming Murdoch buy out, some CNN corespondents are proving their value to Fox.

What good will come from impeaching him? He has helped this country tremendously with the financial situation Bush left us in. I am glad people on the Internet don't have an official opinion, or else we would all be fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I think we need to institute a vote of no confidence. Something other than waiting around for 4 years at a time, hoping something changes.

While we're at it, we need votes of no confidence for senate seats and house seats.
    Our politics are already a gummed up mess as it is. Introduce no-confidence votes and I fucking promise our Congress will spend 200% of its time trying to no-confidence the fuck out of each other.

Useless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Also, a Jewish PotUS? Yeah, not going to happen, not any time soon. Americans are all lovey dovey towards the Jews, as long as it's about the Jews in Israel. Jews in the United States however? They're accused of running the country, running Hollywood, they experience a lot of racism, and quite openly at that. Can you imagine the first few months? "Herp a derp the damn country is being run by Jews derrr!"

Obama is supposedly a Christian, but he's being called a Muslim half the time, and an Atheist by some (Bill Maher and so on.) Imagine if you had a President who was openly not a Christian. Yeah. No.

A black person can be elected, as black people can be (and often actually are very deeply) Christian. A woman can be elected, as women can be Christian as well. A non-Christian won't be elected, because a non-Christian can't be Christian.
    People were saying blacks couldn't get elected until Obama became president, why can't it be the same for a Jew? When you think they can't beleive they can't be elected it makes them not electable.

And the jews running the country actually has a little truth to it. Jews were kind of forced to becoming bankers because Christians and Muslims were agianst charging interest rates(usury), so they became the bankers. Since then they are one of the most wealthy religions/people that exist.

A few others I think could win are Janet Napolitano, Jim Webb, Bernie Sanders, Martin O'Malley, Joe Manchin, and Jay Nixon. If not one of these giys run or is not even vp I would be very surprised.

Also I have heard some people talk about Warren being a vp for clinton, but I don't buy it for one second. She would never take that, that role has way too less power than what she is doing now.

I also want to point out I am not a democrat, but an independent, so unless either party actually puts up a actual reasonable candidate I will not vote for either(Clinton is not reasonable).
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I think we need to institute a vote of no confidence.
    If you do that, then do it as a simple national vote. No district bullshit, no "representatives" who represent no-one, just a single, national vote. 150-200 odd million people vote (or however many you get off their asses), and you go by that result.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscripts View Post
    What good will come from impeaching him? He has helped this country tremendously with the financial situation Bush left us in. I am glad people on the Internet don't have an official opinion, or else we would all be fucked.
    'We' do, it's called voting. Which is why he is in his second term... Random polls < popular vote...

10+ Year Old Account
    Sara Palin, and dipshit ideas like this are exactly why Democrats are the only option for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    why can't it be the same for a Jew?
    Because Jesus. Plain and simple. Jesus came down from his magical house in the sky and gave the United States to the Christians. You can have black Presidents, because you can have black Christians. You can have Latino Presidents, women Presidents and all kinds of Presidents, as long as they're Christian. Preferably Protestant, or perhaps Evangelical. Catholic will do in a pinch.