Poll: What is your relationship to Raiding?

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Used to be a Heroic raider in Cata, went to normal in Mists, then LFR in Warlords once the group decided to split.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Used to be hardcore Mythic Raider, but honestly I cannot be bothered anymore committing, 3-4 nights per week, for a pc game anymore... raiding.

It is too time consuming.
    Now I am heroic Raider,but I pug my raids, and I love it.

Love how I can raid when I desire, not based on a schedule. when I do not want to do that anymore... Fun if your newish I guess but raiding since BC, playing since Vanilla now I am over it.

Love pugging,based on My time and schedule.
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Used to raid heroic on a steady schedule.
    Am a pug raider now, suits my limited time spend in game and I can drop in/out whenever I please.

Thumbs up for flexible raid size and the group finder tool.

(tho with the group finder tool I also see further decline of the social aspect of the game and find myself guilty on it too, I disliked the dungeon finder for this but it seems there is no way back anyway, so I'll just go downstream with it now instead of fighting to get upstream)
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

I feel like you missed the most important option. Arr you an elite mythic raider ? Someone will kill 2-3 bosses but that certainly isn't in the same tree as someone who clears it always.

Used to be. Been playing since Classic. Didn't raid in Classic outside of stuff like Onyxia pugs, but I raided pretty heavily from BC to the end of Cataclysm. I was in one of my server's top Alliance guilds, which wasn't saying a whole lot (we were big fish in a small pond and also one of only like 3 Alliance guilds in the top 10 on that server).

I got burned out at the end of Cataclysm and took a break from WoW for about one year or so when MoP came out. My guild of 6 years also fell apart around that time. I had no desire to raid at all anymore after I started playing again. Since MoP, LFR is the only "raiding" I've done.

Deleted
    I love how the difficulty that has the lowest amount of participation is the one where people vote in the most... >_>
    So many elites in this forum, I am too much of a noob to be here! Bye!

OT: Raids are awesome \o/

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Just came back after a short break (left for a couple months since everyone I knew was quitting) and am playing by myself. No desire to raid, not even LFR. Just leveling some alts I never finished and doing some PvP.

Err, I was? 7 mythic, but cba with the game anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    How can people seriously argue that LFR is NOT a single player mode? You require no organization, no coordination, nothing.. you queue up, you join, you shoot a few spells and alas, boss is dead.

LFR is single player with possible co-op... but it is NOT organized raiding.
    It doesn't matter. It's a raid group in a raid instance. Therefore it's raiding. I've seen good players play normal pugs without really talking to each other. Just because it's easier and doesn't require one to commit to a guild's whims doesn't change what it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    Nope. Just came back after a short break (left for a couple months since everyone I knew was quitting) and am playing by myself. No desire to raid, not even LFR. Just leveling some alts I never finished and doing some PvP.
    Exactly my story
    I do hop into LFR or PUG from time to time. Mostly achievment-hunting though.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I feel like you missed the most important option. Arr you an elite mythic raider ? Someone will kill 2-3 bosses but that certainly isn't in the same tree as someone who clears it always.
    Welcome back. What was your ban for?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    HA! LFR isnt raiding.

Armory: Gulokar Guild Website:

Deleted
    It is interesting that "normal" mode raider is the least popular, even though blizzard said that it was the most common. Thus they renamed it from flex to normal (and previous normal to heroic).

Though the numbers are of limited value. I do not believe the proportion of mythic raiders are that big in reality. It is probably more an indication that many mythic raiders often uses MMO-Champion, where as the more casual raiders are not here that often.

I do normal and a bit of heroic with my guild, and pug heroic. My goal is always AotC, and I get it most of the time.

I'm sure I could push into mythic some but I can't commit to much of a schedule required for that type of raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    The same could be said for the normal and heroic poll options too. While I agree there's a big difference between 10/10M guilds and 1/10M guilds (like mine), not sure it matters for the purpose of this poll. OP just wants to know if Blizz is spending their resources on the right things.

Based on the current poll response (over 40% mythic), we can tell that either a large portion of people are lying (on an anon poll?) or you're not going to get good data because your selection bias is too big.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 1mmersi0n View Post
    Since when does LFR count as raiding?
    The same could be said for normal "raiding" since it's so easy. You don't need voice communication or anything to do normal. Does that make it not real raiding? What's your criteria for "raiding?"

The difficulty for LFR is closer to a scenario than a raid as we've known them in the past, but it's literally a group with more than 5 people, so it's a raid.

I use lfr when I can be bothered which is rarely so I picked no as I do a random lfr once every couple of months

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Even though it need less organization and skill than hc dungeons?
    Organization quality =/= raiding

A mob of people in Baltimore looting a store is also synonymous with the word "raiding", and there sure as hell is no organization there!

As for me? former hardcore raider now casual. Only focus on LFR and dabble maybe once every 2 months or so with normal/heroic

Once i got my ring, i stopped raiding as that was all i was going for.

Used to raid heroic, and normal, but now I don't raid.
    Too much time involved

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic Raider o/

Not got the roster for Mythic.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Used to raid for real in Vanilla. These days I stick to LFR. Its nice to be able to see all the endgame content even though I don't play enough to raid for real.