Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a mostly white guy and shooting up people is bad.

There, I think I did my part on speaking out.

Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    'But, but we need the white community to come out and condemn this attack.'
    No. No we don't.

White GUNMAN. Not white Gunmen. Only one is believed to be involved. Title should change to reflect this.

10+ Year Old Account
    so either a hate crime against blacks or christians or both?
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jrf773 View Post
    White GUNMAN. Not white Gunmen. Only one is believed to be involved. Title should change to reflect this.
    lol your response is about "improper use of plural"

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    It doesn't unless there is reason to actually believe race had to do with the incident, say like a Jewish school or something like that.

In the link African American church in downtown Charleston
    Still zero proof yet that race was a factor. News outlets will go out of their way to not mention race when the perpetrator is a minority, but advertises the hell out of it if they are white. Its an intentional move to fan the flame of racial hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    so either a hate crime against blacks or christians or both?
    Well no laws ever get enforced for crimes against Christians, but there is no proof yet that this is a hate crime in any way. It will painted as such, even if race was never a factor in why the perp did what he did, but with a white perp and black victims it will be called a hate crime no matter what.

The “message is there was one hateful person who did this dastardly deed,” he added.
    Aaand now I'm imagining this dick hiding somewhere and playing with a long mustache and laughing maniacally like a cartoon villain. Thanks for that.

But seriously, I hope the cops turn this guy into swiss cheese when they find him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think white people are doing enough to condemn racial violence. Where's the white outcry?

Why aren't we seeing prominent white-people groups in other states and Europe condemning the actions of this white man? After all, he was acting in the interest of being white.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    Still zero proof yet that race was a factor. News outlets will go out of their way to not mention race when the perpetrator is a minority, but advertises the hell out of it if they are white. Its an intentional move to fan the flame of racial hatred.
    Yes, because we know that shooting up a church is just something that happens every day; why read into it?

I mean, if we just pretend everything is an "isolated incident," we can just say there are no problems with anything!
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    A black church is no more racist than a Russian church or a Jewish synagogue. Blacks had to historically make their own congregations in the US because Americans whites were so bigoted they didn't even want to be in the same churches with blacks.
    Religion is bound to racism.

10+ Year Old Account
    A black church is no more racist than a Russian church or a Jewish synagogue. Blacks had to historically make their own congregations in the US because Americans whites were so bigoted they didn't even want to be in the same churches with blacks.
    Is "black church" preaches different religion or approach (is this even a right word?) to religion? Because Russian orthodox church and Jewish synagogue are very different hings and they divided by its believes, not by colour of skin.

My point is, is this "black church" is different from "white church" like "white school" is different from "black school", or it's different like "gay bar" and "a bar"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    lol your response is about "improper use of plural"
    Meaning is important in the context. IT was one lone crazy nutt job, not more than that, or so they believe. Truth is not important to you, but sensationalist matter? Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I don't think white people are doing enough to condemn racial violence. Where's the white outcry?

Why aren't we seeing prominent white-people groups in other states and Europe condemning the actions of this white man? After all, he was acting in the interest of being white.
    Well, to take it in the same ridiculous direction, I would just scream "WHITOPHOBE" any time anyone criticized absolutely anything about whites.

There, now the analogy is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    Religion is bound to racism.
    ...damn. Didn't think you would say that.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    It's a white guy, who went into an all black church and shot 9 black people, we don't need to wait and see if it had anything to do with race.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Is "black church" preaches different religion or approach (is this even a right word?) to religion? Because Russian orthodox church and Jewish synagogue are very different hings and they divided by its believes, not by colour of skin
    "Black churches" are churches founded in a community that is predominantly Black, and, sensibly, therefore have a congregation that is primarily black. You can have baptist black churches. You can have methodist black churches. You can have catholic black churches.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Is "black church" preaches different religion or approach (is this even a right word?) to religion? Because Russian orthodox church and Jewish synagogue are very different hings and they divided by its believes, not by colour of skin
    For the most part they are Baptists or non-denomination, or Pentecostal, not sure though. And after a couple centuries of being forced to make their own congregations, there have become small changes in how they worship, nothing to necessitate a new sect, but enough that they usually tend to go to their own while whites generally prefer to attend all or mostly-white churches.

It's a white guy, who went into an all black church and shot 9 black people, we don't need to wait and see if it had anything to do with race.
    Look, I love a liberal lynch mob as much as anyone else, but you can't just point at something and then say 'aha! This event proves my hypothesis/belief.'

That's not how arguments/debating or in this case, a trial works.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    Well doesn't mean it's divided that way legally, but if it's well known that is where a lot of black people would be, whether its sanctioned in such a way or not, that would still beg the question of race being a motive, seeing as how the shooter was white.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would all white people need to come out and condemn this attack, and who exactly do you think would accept or expect that?
    So, it's basically just a church, where majority of its "visitors" are black? Why label it as "black church" then? It just sounds very racist.

And maybe this shooter was some sort of sect member who wanted to murder X religion people
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, to take it in the same ridiculous direction, I would just scream "WHITOPHOBE" any time anyone criticized absolutely anything about whites.

There, now the analogy is complete.
    Good, so you can see how stupid it is to plaster a single group of people with the actions of a few.

Glad to see sarcasm working its magic.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the most part they are Baptists or non-denomination, or Pentecostal, not sure though. And after a couple centuries of being forced to make their own congregations, there have become small changes in how they worship, nothing to necessitate a new sect, but enough that they usually tend to go to their own while whites generally prefer to attend all or mostly-white churches.
    Notced they also tend to be a LOT more lively in their worshiping than white ones. White churches can be so boring