Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Soul cap is weird, I hate it and love it at the same time. Theres no better feeling than having Spirit Shift trigger as all my cooldowns are up, but there's no worse feeling than having to cancel it's proc for a priority add. I would never use Soul Cap for Mythic Gorefiend progression and we seemed to push phases much quicker on Tyrant Velhari when all of our rogues switched Soul Cap with Censor. In theory it's a cool trinket, but like you said it's just not very practical for progression raiding.

I generally enjoy it overall. Sure I get those little rage moments when it goes at inopportune times (looking at you, Socrethar Barrier!!!), but I really really like it nonetheless.

Deleted
    The trinket is awesum! .. On some fights it requires a bit of timing to use however, I even used it on m gorefiend.. Just gotto be carefull

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    You don't go 30 seconds with all your damage absorbed, then releasing in one massive 2 million hit.
    as sub you can do that (and more) in just one procc... love it when that happens and i forgot to trick the tank.

OT: I like it. And hate it. For farm where you can just go tunnelmode its awesome, for progression where you actualy have to run around and do other stuff it can be a pain in the ass

The worst thing about Soul Cap in terms of progression is the RNG of it. It's hard to progress on something, where you are moving ahead because of RNG and then dies later on cus you don't got it.

Archimonde Mythic was a great example of this in p1 with doomfires, sometimes you could blast through them doomfires because lucky Soul Cap procs and then when the RNG was gone, you'd get more fire and everything was just rougher to deal with.

While it is possible to have it proc back to back to back, you're still going to do damage once every 10 seconds. The proc can't proc during the proc. It can only proc off of melee attacks, and I believe the damage the proc does is shadow based. So it can't even proc off of the proc.

If it procs at an inopportune time (opening of kormrok for example) then you can just use the macro /cancelaura Spirit Shift and it'll explode. Another way to avoid that particular event is to swap your trinkets right before pull. That puts them on an internal timer and they won't proc for 30 seconds (i believe it's 30. it may be 10). or you could just not attack at that situation until after he lands and you can blow everything.

OP is an assassination rogue? Clearly he has a good idea of game mechanics...

Soul Cap is fun and interesting. Having a /cancelaura macro and good common sense is vital, so, for example, you are not storing 1M damage that could have gone towards a quicker-to-die Doomfire Spirit on a difficulty where the extra time matters to your raid. Of course, the same mechanic allows you to store up damage for when the priority adds spawn, and more importantly, allows a Subt rogue to stay on one target while automatically cleaving to priority adds during the trinket duration.

By the way, on Kormrok, which is where I'm guessing the OP built up his frustrations with Soul Cap, if you hold your entire opener until he leaps back and you soak your puddle, you can bring Soul Cap with no real issues, and do more damage overall. Mind his timer on future jumps and /cancelaura as needed.
    Last edited by shaithis; 2015-09-09 at 10:32 PM.
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

The only fight where I make sure to unequip Soul Cap is mythic Gorefiend. You will accidentally pop people out of the stomach if you're using it. I also don't use it on Xhul, but that's moreso because I find Mirror better than because Soul Cap is bad.

Just gonna drop this here and say that I love the trinket
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=8

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    The only fight where I make sure to unequip Soul Cap is mythic Gorefiend. You will accidentally pop people out of the stomach if you're using it. I also don't use it on Xhul, but that's moreso because I find Mirror better than because Soul Cap is bad.
    I never had this problem on gore myth. It depends on how you play it really. And the damage it did in feast is just insane

Quote Originally Posted by yeahnah View Post
    I just wish it wasn't a proc
    I can only agree with you on this, sometimes it procs like 3 times in a row and sometimes it just doesn't proc for over 1 min.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theoriginalmre View Post
    /cancelaura Spirit Shift

Lol all those complaining about this trinket obviously don't have the cancelaura macro. I felt the same way until I learned to cancel it as needed. Isn't detrimental at all really even if you can't use it for the full 10 seconds - only using it for 4-5 seconds is hugely beneficial. Literally the only place I cancel it immediately is the add on P3 of Tyrant. Otherwise yes on add fights it needs more attention than others, but for add fights you're playing combat spec in which case Mirror is used instead anyway (if you have it).

Look at the hp of the mobs around you and press the macro before the mobs hp gets too low. Easy.
    Just wondering why you would cancel it immediately on the last Tyrant add?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slykila View Post
    Just wondering why you would cancel it immediately on the last Tyrant add?
    You don't, it's a misconception as you hit the boss for full damage with it.

The third tyrant add casts Soverign's Ward intermittently. It's not permanently up on the boss, but when it is, Velhari takes 90% less damage. That's a massive dps loss from soul capacitor. Unless you're saying that SC goes through the 90% damage reduction?

Its easily the most imbalanced trinket ever in the game.
    Its only bad if you are bad yourself.

Get some Weak Auras set up in order to track it properly. You can even stop attacking if you really don't want it to proc for a bit.

It puts rouges back to how they were in classic.
    Suddenly ripping threat off the tank and top dps by a mile.
    You just need to use it right.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Sounds like a personal problem rather than a problem with the trinket. Learn to use the cancel macro, time it properly, you'll have less issues. Doomfires being a problem is pure RNG, if it happens just cancel the proc, easy as that.

I have it on my windwalker monk as well and it's honestly annoying. I keep it equipped and it's fun seeing the larger numbers occasionally, but it's kind of frustrating having to cancel it. That being said, I need to make a macro for it like you suggest, but as a windwalker monk you already have so many abilities adding one more to a keybind is kind of a pain. Especially just to cancel a trinket.

Unless you're saying that SC goes through the 90% damage reduction?
    I believe it pierces through damage reductions that are less than 100%, for example a lucky Soul Cap proc can also one-shot the first boss in UBRS 5-man while he's in Power Conduit phase.

Full damage reductions like the one Socrethar gains when Dominator is out are still bad (not pierced through, but the trinket explosion is split nonetheless). Correct me if that's changed.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Its easily the most imbalanced trinket ever in the game.
    Its only bad if you are bad yourself.

Get some Weak Auras set up in order to track it properly. You can even stop attacking if you really don't want it to proc for a bit.

It puts rouges back to how they were in classic.
    Suddenly ripping threat off the tank and top dps by a mile.
    You just need to use it right.
    No, it isn't. Pre-nerf strength trinkets in HFC were stronger, Prophecy of Fear for Arcane is stronger just in this tier. Rune of Re-Origination for Feral/WW and Vision of Lei Shen for Demo(and probably other specs) were stronger in ToT. Lots of SoO trinkets were incredibly strong(cooldown reduction and amplification ones mainly). The trash drop trinket fro BoT in Cata was disgustingly overpowered for Feral.
    If you want imbalanced trinkets, look at those, or the Cata int DPS Darkmoon Card(for its ilevel it was super strong), the WotLK str/agi DMC or Touch of the Void(which is so strong it's not allowed to be used in raids)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    If it didn't ignore % damage reductions it wouldn't ignore % increases either, which would make it double dip on Gorefiend.

Also you would double dip on the dmg reduction in case you attacked something with a reduction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RylixTV View Post
    You don't, it's a misconception as you hit the boss for full damage with it.
    srsly? I always thought it basically did (130/2) 65% dmg if you didnt cancel it immediatly.. dayum!