Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    It doesn't take very long to get off the ground, the army litterally have dudes in standby for this kinda shit 24 hours a day.
    In certain locations, for certain situations, in the world, absolutely.
    In this one, we did not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop trying to make Benghazi happen.

It's not going to happen.

That's right, a tired, outplayed false political outrage deserves a tired, outplayed meme to answer it. It literally deserves nothing more.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    In certain locations, for certain situations, in the world, absolutely.
    In this one, we did not.
    are you telling me on 9/11 of all days in an area known for terrorist types of attack a day after a few protest on embassies in the middle east. they wouldn't have pilots and aircraft on standby just incase something happens
    please stop trying to insult the intelligence of people that know about the military
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2015-12-09 at 10:26 PM.

Man, some people just can't let this one go...

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    and if you would have read the artical instead of just reading the headline come to your predetermined conclusion you would have noticed in the article they tried to call at first

“I just tried you on the phone but you were all in with S [apparent reference to then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton],” reads the email, from Panetta’s chief of staff Jeremy Bash"
    It's standard operating procedure to not send backup into an unclear situation. Period. End of Story.

A certain Frozen song comes to mind whenever Benghazi comes up.

Let it go, Vyxn. She's never going to be charged, your Republican inquires are a joke and found absolutely nothing and you're wasting your time.

10+ Year Old Account
    are you telling me on 9/11 of all days in an area known for terrorist types attack a day after a few protest on embassies in the middle east. they wouldn't have a force on standby just incase something happens
    Absolutely. The middle east is a big place, the boogeymen are everywhere.

please stop trying to insult the intelligence of people that know about the military
    There's no attempt at insult. (in the post you linked, that is. There was plenty in our earlier responses). SHow me this ghost force that can just be anywhere in the world we need them at a moments notice.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Absolutely. The middle east is a big place, the boogeymen are everywhere.

There's no attempt at insult. (in the post you linked, that is. There was plenty in our earlier responses). SHow me this ghost force that can just be anywhere in the world we need them at a moments notice.

I see many less then an hours flight away
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2015-12-09 at 10:41 PM.

we have aircraft on bases all over Europe look up Aviano Air Force Base in Aviano, Italy after that look for both Aviano Italy and Benghazi Lybai
    And it is still standard operating procedure to NEVER send backup into an unclear situation.

Benghazi again? Really? Really?

Can't we bring up the IRS scandal too in which republicans utterly and absolutely shamed themselves.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    we have aircraft on bases all over Europe look up Aviano Air Force Base in Aviano, Italy after that look for both Aviano Italy and Benghazi Lybai
    1044 miles between the two. Easy to do in a jet aircraft in a couple hours.
    As stated before, this situation wouldn't have changed if there were jets in the air, as the close quarters fighting ensured that no bombs would have dropped. A JDAM anywhere in that courtyard or facility levels the whole thing.

EDIT: In addition to the virtual uselessness of the jets (The apparent hope was that they'd scare off the attackers with their mere presence). The support crew for these jets was non-existent and would remain so for 12+ hours.
    To recap: We could have had non-lethal jets doing loops around the compound, with two hour long refueling loops at Sigonella.
    Last edited by WskyDK; 2015-12-09 at 10:45 PM.

Deleted

I see many less then an hours flight away
    So I been looking at that picture for a while now and unless I am missing something, there is no carriers anywhere close, all I see is ships, so are you suggesting they should have somehow airlifted a destroyer to Libya and dropped it on the complex?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahyia View Post
    So I been looking at that picture for a while now and unless I am missing something, there is no carriers anywhere close, all I see is ships, so are you suggesting they should have somehow airlifted a destroyer to Libya and dropped it on the complex?
    Airlifted Amphibious Assault!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Airlifted Amphibious Assault!
    Vyxn must be a Battlestar Galactica fan.

https://youtu.be/-JpaAGcT3QE
    Last edited by mmocdb949554d4; 2015-12-09 at 11:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahyia View Post
    Missile destroyers man. Just launch ze missiles! Hide the people in the compound under a shield of pure awesome while you kaboom the rest of the place.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    you do know Hillary Clinton said the same thing about shutting down the internet when it came to defeating ISIS so were was all the outrage when she said it ?
    It was as stupid when she said it as it was when Trump said it. Difference is that Trump is far ahead of Clinton when it comes to the Stupid Shit They Said race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    found on some right wing blog post somewhere really thats probably the source of the "fact"
    "The media is liberally biased!" *posts an article from a right wing site.*
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    A certain Frozen song comes to mind whenever Benghazi comes up.

Let it go, Vyxn. She's never going to be charged, your Republican inquires are a joke and found absolutely nothing and you're wasting your time.
    When have little things like facts and reality ever stopped a regressive on a witch hunt?
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    what was the excuse used for not sending support to fend off the attack on the consulate
    we didn't have forces available to send anyone that would have gotten there in time
    if my memory is correct

but this email proves they did have a force that was quote "They are spinning up as we speak.” (which in military lingo they are on the run way with engines running ready to go) only hours after the attack had begun they was waiting for state to give approval which mean Clinton "Assuming Principals agree to deploy these elements, we will ask State to procure the approval from host nation. Please advise how you wish to convey that approval to us [REDACTED]."
    I am sure you are just as passionate about trying to find out how Bush let us get attacked on 9/11, right!?
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    I am sure you are just as passionate about trying to find out how Bush let us get attacked on 9/11, right!?
    we know why because Clinton didn't have the balls to take out bin Ladin when he had the chance when the military had him in their sights

we know why because Clinton didn't have the balls to take out bin Ladin when he had the chance when the military had him in their sights
    I know you are trying to pin the blame for 9/11 on democrats, but if you want to go far into the past like that to lay blame for bin laden on someone you should go back a little further to the right wing messiah and learn about how Reagan not only funded, but trained bin laden in the 80s.